Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,905 comments
So FH5 runs on DLSS v2.4.12

1677642643892.png

Is there a chance for a ban if it is swapped for the newest version of DLSS (v3.1.1)?
There is supposed to be a huge improvement to DLSS from v2.5 onwards.

Nothing really interesting found so far, but the new dlc is called "Astra" on the game files.

FH5 main map = Woodstock
FH5 Hot wheels = Spectrum/Rainbow

Not that I'm aware of. I've been using 2.5.1 for the last month. It wasn't a huge improvement though, only about 2fps, but I'll try the newest one too since you mentioned it.
the main difference is supposed to be image quality rather than performance from what i remember

the main difference is supposed to be image quality rather than performance from what i remember
I'm not sure, it might look better but it might be placebo. I haven't really taken comparison screenshots since it takes forever to restart the game. The one thing I know hasn't improved is the power lines, or at least if they have improved they still look pretty bad.

They still didn't fix the black windows glitch that was introduced in September. Just gotten myself a second GT-R Nismo and gave it the aforementioned ChargeSpeed bodykit and a user-made livery and it still happened.
This bug is at least a known issue on their site.

I really hate it but I should point out that for me it’s only on Xbox Series X. If I play on PC I don’t get it - in fact the first thing I do on PC after having had the bug on Xbox is to retune the cars with black windows so their pictures get fixed.

Now I’m sure the bug isn’t just “on Xbox not on PC” which means it’s sporadic not easily reproducible. So yeah, it’s a weird bug. Must be why they haven’t found a fix yet?

Last edited:
DLSS is given a fixed Frametime budget of about 2 miliseconds. So any improvements to DLSS would be about image quality. As making it faster would meaning reducing the frametime it has to work with, which would only serve to hurt image quality.

DLSS is given a fixed Frametime budget of about 2 miliseconds. So any improvements to DLSS would be about image quality. As making it faster would meaning reducing the frametime it has to work with, which would only serve to hurt image quality.
The version that comes with forza actually does give a lower FPS for some reason, for me, though. I can't explain it but I ran the benchmark to compare them beforehand and the old version was 2fps lower average (last month). I get 87fps in the benchmark on old version and 89fps on DLSS 2.5.1 and newer. The big thing I was looking for was the power lines, not performance, but they're still jagged unfortunately.

Done all the new Hoonigan accolades apart from the one that requires the new car and the own all Hoonigan vehicles. Managed to get an awesome jump in the stadium by going hell for leather going into the stadium and coming off the lip onto the grass. These new accolades have me up to 327 on the accolade board. I expect to drop again in the next few days as others chalk off the accolades themselves.

Dang. I hate having to wait to the end to get the Safari. Especially since I’ve been waiting almost six years for it to make the jump from Motorsport to Horizon.
View attachment 1235816
This month is actually funny, in that I seem to care a lot more about returning cars than new cars.

Really looking forward to : Audi, Brat, Safari, Honda
Kinda meh/whatever: Focus (duplicate), Polaris, Sierra

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly agree that wheelspins are the main issue with the progression.the credit rate is decent without wheelspins (not too slow or too fast). They just need to get rid of it. If they really want to reward leveling up or upgrading festivals, give out a fixed amount of credits like 25k to 50k.

I think accolades is an amazing form of "post game progression". Hot Wheels in fh5 would be a great for of early game progression (say up till A class) and spend s1 and s2 on festival expansions. X class should be used for Goliath class racing.

Add to that "backstage pass" reworked to be a 40pts weekly token for past playlist rewards, fh will have good grind throughout without being too grindy. It would also reduce 20 million auctions for rare cars that are unachievable for lot of people making auction house pretty useless.

Last edited:
Dang. I hate having to wait to the end to get the Safari. Especially since I’ve been waiting almost six years for it to make the jump from Motorsport to Horizon.
View attachment 1235816

Yeah, I'm irked by that, too. No need for me to load it up until that week, as I have zero interest in the rest of the cars.

I've been noticing a distinct pattern - the Sports 800 was the prize for the Spring season last Series. This series it's the Safari. What gives? Some of us might have plans or unpredictable events.

I did the rivals event with the 700R and it feels... sluggish? I have not tried the one with the Hoonigan one yet.

If anybody is participating the Trial (reward car: 2018 Civic), beware... it's a street scene event with night rain WITH traffic.

There were several easy "double-ups" in the Playlist today. I'll spoiler tag it if you don't want it spelled out.
The daily challenge is to visit the Wilds Outpost, and the weekly photo challenge is to photograph a Modern Rally car (which are mostly all 10 to 20 year old cars) at the same outpost.

I did the Eventlab Utopia Gardens race in my MG Metro rally car which also unlocked the clue to the Treasure Hunt.

Finally, after finishing a race series, I was dropped right into a Horizon Arcade that had just started. So I switched to the Hoonitruck (I hate drifting, but I love that truck. It's complicated) to finish the Horizon Arcade requirement, and unlocked the Ken Block 43 badge as well for driving 4.3 miles in a Hoonigan.

Last edited:
Just lost the FH servers. Playing in South Oxfordshire, UK. The game refuses to connect to the servers. Oh poo. Was having a good session too. 😟

Edit: 0400 UK time. I can't sleep so tried FH5 and I'm back on....yippee.

Last edited:
The Trial was pure mayham lol. I've never seen the traffic so heavy or the drivatars so crazy. They were in full on ram mode. We won after 2 rounds but it was bloody chaos 😂😂

I did the rivals event with the 700R and it feels... sluggish? I have not tried the one with the Hoonigan one yet.
Slow is kinda the point of it though. In the context a Rivals thing it is kinda boring, but the fact that its slow means you could have good races on off road tracks with people, because it's not going so fast that it would be bouncing around and banging into each other like you do in most of the A-class and up off road races in this game. It could potentially also be fun on EventLab tracks that are built for it, as it's basically a gokart in off road form so you could make some tight, technical tracks that suit it well.

Even just stock, the one in the base game is much too fast in my opinion, and basically no fun to race.

If I had more than 1 friend left playing this game I'd be probably try to earn it but since it needs such a big point grind I'm not going to bother.

Last edited:
Back