Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,906 comments
They also have kei vans and there is a really cool company called "Dream Factory Blow" (be careful how you Google that) that makes adorable little conversion kits to make them look like retro American vans/SUVs and school buses and stuff, they are super cool. While it's probably not what a lot of people have in mind when they play Horizon, I'd love a little grid of these things.

View attachment 1234884View attachment 1234885View attachment 1234886View attachment 1234887View attachment 1234888View attachment 1234889View attachment 1234890View attachment 1234891

(Sorry, I tried to put them in a spoiler tag to not take up so much space but apparently I'm too stupid to make it work.)
There’s a company called Cal Stage that does the same thing. I saw a few on my last trip to Japan.

Suzuki Every converted into a Citroën H van
F1DA91E1-2334-47FD-A38F-0965F290DBA2.jpeg

Subaru Sambar converted into a T1 VW Bus.
D972342E-6A98-40BB-9281-7D250FBBD20B.jpeg

I also saw a Honda Acty converted into a Dodge A100, but I can’t find the picture, so heres someone else’s picture.
0A3D4EB6-A3E2-42D1-B015-49FC0124F662.jpeg

Last edited:
I missed the Autozam discussion but I went to am importer to try one out the other day..... Sadly being 6'2" and 300 pounds does not make getting into one easy. Couldn't close the door without moving my left leg to the passenger side.

I missed the Autozam discussion but I went to am importer to try one out the other day..... Sadly being 6'2" and 300 pounds does not make getting into one easy. Couldn't close the door without moving my left leg to the passenger side.
No hope for me then lol. Sorry to hear you couldn't fit in bud.

It seems that the "Yamaha 700R" that was previously founded texture files in this thread was probably the Sierra Cars 700R.

It's not the same vehicle as the unreleased Raptor, but the Sierra buggy does use the same spec Yamaha engine so some of the physics data could have been reused.

To be honest, I prefer the Testarossa more than the 512TR. It's not just an icon of Miami Vice nor the OutRun saga, but a legendary icon. I don't know why Forza has a strong preference of the latter model. Give me a 1984 Testarossa over any other supercar.

I'm very looking forward to expansion 2 and love dirt racing and cc, but agree that the FH5 AI is a bad AI in gravel events.
However, with a few tweaks to upgrades and driving, most gravel events can be easier events than road racing or the street scene.

Upgrade tips:
- If the categories used are not restricted, Rod&Custom and Classic Muscle Car are among the best categories for dirt/cc events. These cars, with their high ride heights, fat rear wheels, and heavy chassis and low-speed torque-oriented V8 engines (including swap options), conquer the gravel with tremendous grip, traction, and acceleration.

- Off-road tires with air pressure set at about 1.7-1.9, wider rear wheel setup than front wheel. Rally suspension is installed, with dampers and springs set a little stiffer than the preset, and ride height is lowered as much as possible without affecting jumps.
(*and a wide body kit and Forza/BCL spoiler if your aesthetic allows it)
Also, in categories such as Pickups & 4x4s, stock tires may have sufficient gravel grip.
When these cars are used in events in Class C and below, stock tires can be used to reduce PI.

Driving tips:

- Many dirt/cc event routes have routes that allow for in-cut lines that are faster than the line the AI is running.
These are basically lines that provide a slight lead, but are still a way for the player to gain an advantage over the AI.

- It is not uncommon for dirt/cc events to pass through rivers and puddles. However, if one looks at the course, there are sometimes lines that allow less time to travel underwater than other lines.
By learning those lines, you can break through these areas while keeping a faster speed.

- Similar to the above tips, stone walls and fences often have routes that can be bypassed, and since the AI generally does not bypass these obstacles, making good use of these sections can give you an advantage over the AI.

- Basically, cars slow down significantly when landing on the big jumps seen in cc events. By anticipating this and downshifting to a lower gear during the jump, the effect of the deceleration on landing can be reduced.

EX:

The AI in FH5 varies in difficulty settings, even at the same difficulty setting, so that even if you race on the exact same settings, you may win easily, or you may not be able to catch up to the finish line.

This is a personal rule of thumb, but it is possible that the risk of a faster AI appearing increases the more races are run after the game is launched. (Note: This has nothing to do with the option to increase the difficulty of the AI, which appears before the race starts.)
So, when taking on several single player events, such as Festival Playlist, by choosing the events that the player has difficulty with first, such as dirt/cc, there is a good chance that the player will be able to complete such events more easily.
Also, the difficulty level thus increased can be reset by repeatedly restarting the race, so if an AI with too strong a rubber band effect appears, it can be reset to an AI with the appropriate difficulty level by repeatedly restarting the race.

Basically I enjoy dirt/cc events with these upgrades and driving style.
I have never had any trouble in single player events except for situations where I physically cannot win, such as when the AI goes into super cheat mode in a torrential downpour.

...The only exception is the Urban Cross Country Circuit. That circuit is clearly the only one where the AI's rubber band effect is unusual.

Last edited:
Destruction Derby?? 🤣🤣
Sort of, we typically just goof around after our weekly race night.

Those two Horizon trucks are slightly angled apart, just enough that if you shove a car in there really fast (with some encouragement from a Tankpool or Unimog), Forza physics has a minor crisis.

Oh, and we invaded the stadium too. If you smash one of these cars against a wall really hard one of two things will happen:

• Car clips through the wall to the space behind
  • Cal clips through the ground and enters the Shadow Realm

1677605358078.png

Last edited:
Isn't the update supposed to be out now? Or am i mistaking the timing?

Out now:

FH5 Release Notes: February 28th, 2023​

FqEmeldaMAEpRRR

Series 18 Release Notes - "Horizon Wilds Takeover"

New Features

• "#43" Badge
  • Hoonigan and Horizon Wilds Takeover Collector Accolades
  • Forza LINK chat phrase "GO FAST RISK EVERY THANG"
  • EventLab props "Lucky Cat" and "Red Dinosaur Piñata"
  • Dinosaur Outfit
Series Features

• Return of the Stunt Park Stadium
  • Horizon Wilds Festival decorations
  • Mural Photo decorations for Series Photo Challenges
  • Collectible Piñata Dinosaur
Unlockable Cars 

• New To Forza
    • 2021 Polaris RZR Pro
    • 2021 Sierra 700R
  • Returning To Forza
    • 1981 Subaru Brat
    • 1985 Nissan Safari
    • 1986 #2 Audi S1
    • 2015 Honda Trophy Truck
    • 2016 Hoonigan GYMKHANA 9 Ford Focus RS RX
Bug fixes

General

• Fixed an issue where setting the Hot Wheels Outpost as the player home could prevent the Horizon Mexico Festival Outpost from being set as the player home
  • Fixed an issue where PR Stunt records could reset back to 1 star while the personal best score was displaying a higher amount
  • Fixed an issue where players could drive out of the environment when customizing a car
  • Fixed an issue that unintendedly reset car masteries for a vehicle if listed on the Auction House
  • Fixed an issue with "Mission Complete" Accolade which was not getting completed for some players
  • Improvements made to Treasure Chests spawn upon solving the riddle
  • General performance and stability fixes
Cars

• Fixed an issue with the 1965 Ford Hoonicorn where the rear trunk bay was appearing blurred once opened in Forza Vista
  • Fixed an issue with the 1995 Toyota MR2 where some shadows would appear near the body of the rear wheel while using BOMEX side skirts
  • Fixed an issue with the 2021 MG6 XPower where players couldn't paint mirrors and wings following the first colour change through the customization menu
Connectivity

• Improvements made to player online connectivity to alleviate some reported regional ISP issues, particularly in Argentina and Slovenia
EventLab

• Fixed an issue where the props budget UI wasn't getting updated correctly when an object was removed

8.8GB for me on Win store (Win11)
Very happy to report that the upgrade menu stutter is completely gone. All menus seem slicker.

Last edited:
That's an interesting place to put that, since you can't currently go more than about ten feet north of that river.
It’s not the first time they’ve done that, it was the same story with the Hot Wheels Expansion as that one was down in the water not too far away from the Airport Danger sign, but was moved up to the top of the map on release day.

Out of reach to drive to, but still reachable with the map cursor. :)

I feel the world is beyond that river off the map. Similar to like FH3's Blizzard Mountain, how we were able to see the snowy mountain beyond Australia's world. It was so cool to the point it had me questioned "will we explore someday? And said so done. :D

I'd say the final position of the expedition would be around the airport or by the La Cabaña player house.

They still didn't fix the black windows glitch that was introduced in September. Just gotten myself a second GT-R Nismo and gave it the aforementioned ChargeSpeed bodykit and a user-made livery and it still happened.

Back