Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,906 comments
How does this launch control work in free roam? I mean I can kind of trigger this LC feature by switching to Reverse/2nd gear and switch back to 1st gear again now...

How does this launch control work in free roam? I mean I can kind of trigger this LC feature by switching to Reverse/2nd gear and switch back to 1st gear again now...
They explained it in the livestream:

LC is a new assist, and it will spool the turbo and pre-rev the car to the optimal point for traction off the line based on surface, tyres and power.

If you enable LC, when you start a race it will automatically be used off the starting line, no actions required.
In free roam, LC will be enabled if you hold the car on the handbrake and then apply throttle. The LC assist lights up and then when you let go of the handbrake the car will launch.

I'm probably going to do the campaign in Rally mode rather than Race mode as I figure we'll have ample opportunity to race the stages in future playlists assuming they add a Sierra Nueva section as they did with Hot Wheels.

It’ll be useless in races unless there’s a change to the starting procedure.

As it stands you can’t even rev your car before Go.
I imagine the rally racing will have a countdown start for immersion, wouldn't make sense to implement it otherwise if it's going to be automatically applied at the start.

Unfortunate that the trial is basically required for 40 pts every week, atleast that's what I remember? I could be wrong tho
They really killed the trial by neutering the AI. Your main battle is against all the morons on your team.

I usually only do the trial and pr stunts for the bare minimum points to get the 20 point new car each week as I already have everything else.

Last edited:
I have a problem with some Forza YouTubers. They tend to jump the gun too often and not really give the expansion a chance.

That's been a common thing as of late within some members in the Forza community; they often like to jump the gun on something too darn quick if it's not what they expect or want, and therefore they judge before even giving said thing a chance. It's so common that even I get mega frustrated about it. Also, I'm not much of a fan of that guy either, just so we're clear. ;)

Last edited:
On the cutting room floor, under wheel textures there are files for a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado Trophy Truck and 2017 #8 Camburg Kinetik TT-L and I wonder now with the DLC theme whether these were intended or considered at one point for the expansion roster. If so, and not to put on a tinfoil hat, but I wonder if things fell through with both being Chevrolet cars as PG’s main relationship seems to be with Ford.

Last edited:
Unfortunate that the trial is basically required for 40 pts every week, atleast that's what I remember? I could be wrong tho
I find the Trial is basically the only fun part of the weekly playlists. Sure sometimes most of the time your teammates are morons, but now that they have nerfed the AI to be super easy it doesn't matter, so at least the stupid teammates provide some amusement because you can watch them crash. If your teammates happen to actually be good, then you can have good races that are more fun/challenging than what you get from the lame AI championships.

I'm still a little torn on the AI nerf. I don't think I've been on a team that has lost a single round since they changed it and definitely haven't had to make a second try at the Trial since the change. In some ways that's nice because it means when you get idiots who try to wreck each other or show up 70PI below the limit it doesn't kill the team's chance to win the prize... but it also means there is basically no challenge to it anymore unless your teammates are at a similar skill level, and since you are on the same team it means racing each other is just for fun, which is nice because fun should be the point.

Last edited:
You know, seeing all those youtubers cry about the same thing over and over again is annoying. If they bring up legit things that would make the game better other than "BIG WAAAANGS, BHAADY KITS, CITYY DRIIIFFFTTT, JDDMM VROOOM VTEC" type things than i would understand. But 90% of them are asking for the same thing and ignoring other important things.

Like ask for better ai that doesn't rubberband, ask for more free cockpit camera settings, ask for serious races and events that are longer than 3 laps, ask for beter replays or custom replay editor, ask for more photomode features, ask for better online race lobbies with custom classes, ask for fixing those bad models, ask for custom tod/weather setting in offline play and ask for VR.

My experience with the Trial since the AI was toned down has been pretty positive. My teammates seem to be better, more conscientious racers. Yesterday, I was running third when the car in fourth, my teammate, sideswiped me in a sharp left-hander. He apologized, and just as we came to the finish, he slowed up and gave me the position. It wasn’t necessary because he apologized, but the gesture was appreciated. And that wasn’t all that unusual an incident. It’s like players aren’t feeling so much pressure, so there’s more room for sportsmanship in their racing.

Last edited:
I have a problem with some Forza YouTubers. They tend to jump the gun too often and not really give the expansion a chance.

I definitely agree, and sadly even this Aussie sounds like he doesn't even like the expansion's details, even though it's not coming out until the end of March. Though his statements regarding licensing issues for rally cars and their inability to sort out any resolution regarding Lancia is relatively decent, and about the only good one. Everything else is just endless nitpicking....

I definitely agree, and sadly even this Aussie sounds like he doesn't even like the expansion's details, even though it's not coming out until the end of March. Though his statements regarding licensing issues for rally cars and their inability to sort out any resolution regarding Lancia is relatively decent, and about the only good one. Everything else is just endless nitpicking....
He used to make decent challenge videos with his friend and Drag racing videos back in FH3 but then shifted complately towards clickbait and bug glitches and Easter egg videos.
Screenshot 2023-02-25 112754.png

I'm guessing those list videos bring in way more viewers than actually putting effort for an entertaining video. That's just how YT is now.

He used to make decent challenge videos with his friend and Drag racing videos back in FH3 but then shifted complately towards clickbait and bug glitches and Easter egg videos.
View attachment 1234358
I'm guessing those list videos bring in way more viewers than actually putting effort for an entertaining video. That's just how YT is now.
I just watch JakeXvX these days.....

On the cutting room floor, under wheel textures there are files for a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado Trophy Truck and 2017 #8 Camburg Kinetik TT-L and I wonder now with the DLC theme whether these were intended or considered at one point for the expansion roster.

The Chevy dates back to the FH3 debug leak apparently, and the Camburg is more likely a left-over Fortune Island vehicle than a planned FH5 car since none of the other new expansion vehicles were leaked in that way. They still could have been considered, but I suspect both were cut much earlier than FH5.

Anyone know any decent custom circuits for slower cars, such as stock Toyota Sports 800 and Morgan 3 Wheeler? Shortish straights, preferably not too wide road?

Ali
Anyone know any decent custom circuits for slower cars, such as stock Toyota Sports 800 and Morgan 3 Wheeler? Shortish straights, preferably not too wide road?
The best existing road race circuits for slower cars are Cathedral Circuit in Guanajuato, and Chihuahua Circuit just east of Guanajuato. Both are tight and twisting, rewarding handling over horsepower. They would be good places to search for custom circuits, as well.

The best existing road race circuits for slower cars are Cathedral Circuit in Guanajuato, and Chihuahua Circuit just east of Guanajuato. Both are tight and twisting, rewarding handling over horsepower. They would be good places to search for custom circuits, as well.
Yeah, I'm aware of those, but I was mostly thinking about circuits built from scratch. I find most base game roads too wide and far too hilly to be enjoyable in slower cars.

I've found plenty of nice tracks to race on, but they're better suited to faster cars.

Back