Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,906 comments
Oh man, after seeing GT7 in VR, this game would be soo good in VR. Just imagine those rally stages in the night with storm in VR :drool:. Just sad that Forza will not get VR anytime soon. But its a great week for me, first GT7 update and now Forza Horizon 5 update and DLC reveal.

1985 Nissan Safari Turbo
1980 Subaru BRAT GL
fetchimage

Seasonal Rewards for Series 18, Horzion Wilds Takeover

1986 Audi #2 Audi Sport Quattro S1
2015 Honda Ridgeline Baja Trophy Truck
2016 Hoonigan Ford GYMKHANA 9 Focus RS RX
1985 Nissan Safari Turbo
2021 Polaris RZR Pro XP Ultimate
2021 Sierra Cars 700R
1980 Subaru BRAT GL

Haha, I suppose those last three technically are two buggy variants and an 80s pickup after all. The expansion itself has an interesting list too - I hope they have a story that goes through the history of off-road racing and the meaning behind the various classes, because they're building up a very diverse range of competition vehicles now and it's be nice to highlight the differences between them.

This brings up an interesting question, when's the turbo twin coming?
It might be April, or it might not be added forever.
It is not uncommon in the Forza series for models discovered through data mining to not be added.
The Jensen Intercepter, Suzuki Swift Sport, Peugeot 406 Coupe, and many other fascinating cars were discovered years ago and then ended up not being added to the game.

https://forza.net/news/forza-horizon-5-rally-adventure
BTW, they seem to have updated their blog. eventlab has also added props, and the mysterious generic pickup seems to be available as a new prop.

Excited for the Nissan Safari. New expansion looks good. Most of the buggies will probably collect virtual dust in my garage anyway.

Seasonal Rewards for Series 18, Horzion Wilds Takeover

1986 Audi #2 Audi Sport Quattro S1
2015 Honda Ridgeline Baja Trophy Truck
2016 Hoonigan Ford GYMKHANA 9 Focus RS RX
1985 Nissan Safari Turbo
2021 Polaris RZR Pro XP Ultimate
2021 Sierra Cars 700R
1980 Subaru BRAT GL
Holy crap! The Safari's back!!!

Also, don't forget that the Ford Focus WRC was once compared to the production model by everyone's favorite member of the HAAS F1 team/Master Ford FocuSmasher, Gunther Steiner.

EC9D7649-F9BD-4ED9-8AED-F86C3248969E.png

I'm impressed by Ruaraigh Chapman's implementation of the new antilag system as the lead audio designer, although I'll set little expectations on his work, knowing how FH5 still has some sound-related mistakes to correct, like the E46 M3 and 350Z having interchanged sounds.

Plus, I'll have to clarify if antilag turbos would be available for everyone, as Update 18 drops...

Last edited:
Epitaph Records are back!!!!! My favourite ever radio station in the FH series. I'm a very happy bunny right now.
I'm intrigued too, but conversely it's also a huge red flag with the songs offered. Because this is a E for Everyone game, or PEGI 3 rating, the songs could be heavily edited or censored.

I'm intrigued too, but conversely it's also a huge red flag with the songs offered. Because this is a E for Everyone game, or PEGI 3 rating, the songs could be heavily edited or censored.
It goes without saying the songs will be edited for lyrics, but one of my favourite genres is coming back so I'll live with it. Of course I'd prefer the songs untouched but that won't happen and I fully understand why. Epitaph in FH3 is still my all time favourite FH station. To me they caught lightening in a bottle with that station.

I'm sure I'm not the only one hoping for this expansion that above a certain level of damage, Rami starts saying things like "<player_name>, you have to listen to me" and "you are breaking the car, <player_name>!"

No? Well, I hope they at least offer "Samir" as an optional name. :P

Last edited:
Looking forward to the expansion and the upcoming 17 cars in the expansion and next series. The expansion would be even better if we still would have the five Lancia's from FH4. Also it would be nice if they would brink back the 2002 Toyota MR-S from FM4 so we have all the MR2 generations in the game.

Hmm? A new exclusive car in a series of 160pts?
Very annoying/disappointing, I was actually looking forward to playing with it but I really doubt I can stomach all the weekly grind to get it when I have other things to play (some of which also want me to grind for weekly prizes...).

The Sierra we have has way too much power to be fun to drive so when I saw the new one was significantly lower powered I immediately thought it would be fun and was the highlight of the lot for me. Could work good for some mini off road tracks in EventLab, kinda like a little Crosskart.

Unfortunate that the trial is basically required for 40 pts every week, atleast that's what I remember? I could be wrong tho

Unfortunate that the trial is basically required for 40 pts every week, atleast that's what I remember? I could be wrong tho
If you have the Hot Wheels Expansion, it is indeed possible to get 40 points per week. Just do all the seasonal championships, PR Stunts, (also on HW Expansion section of the playlist) photo challenge and daily Forzathons.

Recently the Trial has been pretty comfortable to beat even when most of the human players are numpties.

The AI tends to be driving stock vehicles which are quite a few PI below maximum. A good AWD tune with excellent launch and acceleration will get you up close to the AI leaders early, and through for a comfortable win.

Plus, I'll have to clarify if antilag turbos would be available for everyone, as Update 18 drops...
It would probably be available on all cars with a race single turbo available. (Perhaps also for cars that can be converted to a single turbo as a swap option, such as some twin-turbo cars?)
And this would affect tune sharing, so it would be available to all players regardless of whether they own an expansion or not.

Hey, @Justuxful I'd list the sleeve as a NSFW, since one of the songs has a profanity song. Other than that I don't really like any current pop song since they gotten 'edgy'.
Preferably I like the old Swift songs, they're not the ones with all the cussing.
Ahhh, completely forgot about Vigilante Stuff, did not realize it. Apologies about it everyone, genuinely did not think about it as I got so used to it. Thank you to the mods for editing it :)

Overall I am liking the expansion and the new series update, it's awesome! Especially all the new features, plus the map looks amazing and absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to try it!

I'm a bit disappointed in the cars for the expansion as I would've expected more rally or rally-inspired cars, this would've been the perfect time to add the GR Yaris and Ram TRX but oh well.

And of the 3 EV trucks, we got the least cool one... Definitely would've preferred the Rivian or the Hummer EV but I guess the Lightning was bound to happen given that it's Ford.

My main question is whether launch control will be available for all cars without any upgrades? Or at least cars that actually have it, like most supercars and sports cars of today?

Cause if it's only available with the same turbo upgrade as anti-lag, that will be a really stupid decision as so many NA cars have launch control, I hope it's not locked behind the upgrade.

I'm a bit disappointed in the cars for the expansion as I would've expected more rally or rally-inspired cars, this would've been the perfect time to add the GR Yaris and Ram TRX but oh well.

And of the 3 EV trucks, we got the least cool one... Definitely would've preferred the Rivian or the Hummer EV but I guess the Lightning was bound to happen given that it's Ford.
I would like to see more Toyota GR cars, but I think the GR Yaris probably still currently has an exclusivity deal with Gran Turismo 7. Maybe in the next year or so that we might get more new Toyota cars.

I think some truck fans will be ecstatic that the Ford F-150 Lightning Premium is coming. It's a very popular and hot truck of last year, and the demand in real life is still super high.

Last edited:
Back