Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,905 comments
I'd rather them not focus on something like Horizon Stories, I feel like they'd be better saved for experiencing them first hand when playing the 'career' for the first time.

Character customizer is nice to get a look at, I'm wondering if they'll ever take a deep look at vehicle customization on these streams or not. Or just pretend it doesn't exist basically.
That is exactly why I haven't watched any of the streams.

Welcome to the club man! Trust me, the difference in speed and power is huge! You will love it! ❤
Speaking as an Series X club neophyte it's given all my games a new lease of life, particularly FM7 and FH4. The increase in fps over my GTX1070 and subsequent reduction in motion blur is a big plus to my reaction time in-game.

I miss the cups of tea I used to be able to brew while waiting for the games to load on my PC but I've got used to making them before switching the console on now. That's the only minus so far.

Last edited:
Speaking as an Series X club neophyte it's given all my games a new lease of life, particularly FM7 and FH4. The increase in fps over my GTX1070 and subsequent reduction in motion blur is a big plus to my reaction time in-game.

I miss the cups of tea I used to be able to brew while waiting for the games to load on my PC but I've got used to making them before switching the console on now. That's the only minus so far.
Big plus indeed! I literally was blown away by how massively different my games loaded and performed on the Series X. FH5 can't come soon enough. I want to experience it all over again once it comes out (5th of Novem with the Premium Edition I'm getting). :D

Those are some beefy requirements. I assume my laptop can handle it since it runs FH4 well, but I'm not sure.

I'm not even sure I can find 110 GB on the hard drive...wow!

Last edited:
In light of the latest news,aka how much space I'm going to need,I have decided to uninstall 4 and go back to Forza 7 while I'm waiting.

Last edited:
Ok, not having been a Xbox Live Gold member or Game Pass member previously, I've just taken advantage of the 3 years upgraded for £1 "trick".

Currently, CDKeys have the Xbox Live Gold 12m code at £35.99.
Plus its included in the "payday offers" at 5% off (maximum of 2 of any single item).

So I bought 12m at £35.99 and then bought a further 2x12m at £34.19 with the 5% off. Checking between each purchase that the code worked, as usual no problems with CDKeys codes.

Then, once I had the 36m of Xbox Live Gold subscription showing, I paid the £1 upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate.

In total, £105.37 for 3 years. Bargain!

FH5 preload file has been downloaded and is ready... :D

The ideal specs are scary though.

? Imo they are what i would expect from a up to date game. i710700 and 3080 sounds ok to me. And you can be very sure that a Forza game will give you the best visual quality with top performance. No other race game comes even close to H4 The performance/quality ratio is insane good.

New Forza Horizon 5 promotional screenshot!
b8yigz0pdtq71.jpg

? Imo they are what i would expect from a up to date game. i710700 and 3080 sounds ok to me. And you can be very sure that a Forza game will give you the best visual quality with top performance. No other race game comes even close to H4 The performance/quality ratio is insane good.
Yup, the game runs between 40 and 60 fps at 4K 8xMSAA insane settings on my old computer with GTX 1080 OC i7 7700K. Now it runs 4K insane settings at 120 and 160 on my new pc with RTX 3080 ti with 11th gen i7K. Even if the performance is half of Forza Horizon 4 with everything maxed out i would still be happy because of the way it looks and runs.

It is still a shame that the Evo and the Countach (on the UI at least) still have missing textures on the taillights. I really would have thought that would have been fixed by now, let alone using graphically glitched cars in the promotional material.

It was easier to find an upgraded console than a 3080 card for my PC. Probably cheaper too. Guess I'll miss out on the SSAO and night shadows unless FH5 is better optimised for Series X than 4 is.

I'm new to horizon series, played fh4 full season on xsx so maybe not much time but imo its boring, I think game has very good visuals, good arcade racing model that I like and much of content but just lack of feeling progress, hope fh5 will fix it (old nfs underground or even nfs 2015 made this aspect much better)

Last edited:
We've got system requirements!

Ideal spec is steep, but I assume it's for Ultra, with smoothness at 4K. If you're playing a lower resolution, you should be able to manage with lesser specs.

glad to know my computer still meets its recommended specs. thank god i decided for a geforce 1070 when i was building my pc a few years back :) still gonna play the game on xsx. prop keep it on pc for painting designs.

Last edited:
I’m still running my old XBox One with 250Gb storage. I was hoping to play FH5 on a new Series X, but I was never able to find one, and six months of unemployment ate up all my savings. Fortunately I’ve got a new job, but I’m not going to have money for a new console until spring at least. So I have to make due with my OG XBone. I’ve taken everything off the console except the four Horizon games, FM7, and Wreckfest. I’ve got 71.9Gb free. I don’t want to delete any of the Horizon games, and I’m still having fun with Wreckfest and FM7. Here’s how much storage each game takes up:
FH 10.9Gb
FH2 42.7Gb
FH3 57.6Gb
FH4 79.6Gb
FM7 70.9Gb
Wreckfest 21.6Gb
What about external storage? Can I plug a thumb drive or something in to one of my USB ports? Maybe then I could finally buy Snowrunner.

I just canceled my FH5 Ultimate.... But the 36 months of Gamepass Ultimate for 3€ a month is just too good of a deal. I will still buy the add-ons bundle but will wait for the game to go on sale.
And it is really hard to keep the game spoiler free, uff. PGG is really trying hard to build up the hype. Everytime I turn on the Box there's at least one screen shot of the game on the Home page, in game messages about the streams, phone notifications... Is it too much?
One more month... I can make it.. Now I only hope the influencers and similar entrepreneurs wont get a week early early access again. That ruined the surprise of a new game for me. Even if most of the time I was watching just a bunch of sheeps.

I’m still running my old XBox One with 250Gb storage. I was hoping to play FH5 on a new Series X, but I was never able to find one, and six months of unemployment ate up all my savings. Fortunately I’ve got a new job, but I’m not going to have money for a new console until spring at least. So I have to make due with my OG XBone. I’ve taken everything off the console except the four Horizon games, FM7, and Wreckfest. I’ve got 71.9Gb free. I don’t want to delete any of the Horizon games, and I’m still having fun with Wreckfest and FM7. Here’s how much storage each game takes up:
FH 10.9Gb
FH2 42.7Gb
FH3 57.6Gb
FH4 79.6Gb
FM7 70.9Gb
Wreckfest 21.6Gb
What about external storage? Can I plug a thumb drive or something in to one of my USB ports? Maybe then I could finally buy Snowrunner.
As far as I know, I'm pretty sure you can plug in a thumb drive as extra storage space, but you'll have to format it for the Xbox and it'll wipe anything currently on it. Have you tried looking into external harddrives? Looks like you can get a 1TB external for anywhere from $20-45 on Amazon.

As far as I know, I'm pretty sure you can plug in a thumb drive as extra storage space, but you'll have to format it for the Xbox and it'll wipe anything currently on it. Have you tried looking into external harddrives? Looks like you can get a 1TB external for anywhere from $20-45 on Amazon.
I heard that u need a specific one for series x/s games. Standard external drives only support last gen

I heard that u need a specific one for series x/s games. Standard external drives only support last gen
But this isn't an xbox Series X/S game, it's an Xbox One game that also works on next gen consoles. He's playing on a last gen console so that shouldn't be an issue with anything.

Last edited:
Back