Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
Yeah, the Hummer EV is too big and too wasteful, but in the context of this game, it might actually be fairly entertaining.

Honestly, I'm glad to get the real McCoy after Extreme E hinted at it with the first of those cars. Sure she weighs a ****ton, but it'll be good to have for once.

Maybe I'm just thinkin' of how I felt when I saw the RZ34 was getting added, I dunno, just glad to at least get it instead of having to go without it for some reason.

Oh I'd welcome a Bowler back with big wide open arms ready to give a huge hug to it.
Ohh me too, I can't even remember how many seasonals I used that thing for in FH4.

Oh Hummer EV, great for people that are into EVs but I'm just not too excited by them.

Last edited:
If they're going to add trucks, i hope its not just the Hummer EV and they add a historic one too. This would be worthy (although perversely when we met in 2012 he was using a bicycle which is not really the same...)

I am a Hummer fanboy so I am very excited about EV Hummer.
At least to me, this four-ton monster will be more attractive than any other supercar or hypercar.
My only regret is that perhaps this car, like other recently added EVs, will only have a choice of stock transmissions.

Yes, I understand that the reason they are doing so is the PI glitch in the Tachyon, caused by the drift gearbox.
However, the Tachyon was the only EV that became OP due to this gearbox, and even EVs like the Jaguar I-Pace that were not that fast.

It's a real shame that they took them away from all new EVs uniformly in a short-sighted decision, because the drift gearbox was a good part that turned a single speed EV into a more practical car.

Trial tribulations. You know em. You have em. Here's how today went.

Bad drivers: Punt you off the track
Good drivers: Drive fast and don't touch you
Gods I want to worship: Warns me with horn and "coming through!" on ingame chat just before passing me, gives me wide berth, proceeds to win the race.

To the driver of that Ferrari who did the latter just now: You are the best, there are still good drivers left out there.

I am a Hummer fanboy so I am very excited about EV Hummer.
At least to me, this four-ton monster will be more attractive than any other supercar or hypercar.
My only regret is that perhaps this car, like other recently added EVs, will only have a choice of stock transmissions.

Yes, I understand that the reason they are doing so is the PI glitch in the Tachyon, caused by the drift gearbox.
However, the Tachyon was the only EV that became OP due to this gearbox, and even EVs like the Jaguar I-Pace that were not that fast.

It's a real shame that they took them away from all new EVs uniformly in a short-sighted decision, because the drift gearbox was a good part that turned a single speed EV into a more practical car.
The real Hummer they should add would be the H2, and they've been skipping it out for years.

But either way, with the GMC Hummer EV being heavy and having 1,000hp, I can't wait to see how chaotic it will be in the game.

The real Hummer they should add would be the H2, and they've been skipping it out for years.
If they add H2, I have already decided that I will do it in the event lab.

1000964596.jpg

The Mission R's rear view camera doesn't seem to feature much in the way of animation as collapsible scenery just seems to blink out of existence on the screen instead of convincingly falling over etc. Guess it helps frame rate but it's kind of unnerving.

Can someone please do me a favour. My game won't show this livery in My Designs in my Creative Hub or if I search. Could someone see if they can see it please. You don't need to download it, just let me know if it's visible please.

Thank you
I downloaded and liked both your and @Populuxe's designs.

c63a7e24-cc36-40b2-a304-11260e56f830.png

It's not much, but it's a start.

IMG_20230521_005039.jpg

Last edited:
The Sentra Nismo has some of the better taillight modeling in the game and I was about to take some pics of them until....

Yeah, one part is just wayy darker for no reason, I even looked up some images of real ones to see if they're like this but they aren't. Bit of a shame then, must be an oversight. Time to see if anyone's made a ticket for this already.

Attachments

• 3039df72-1a68-4099-81f2-da1f13e2aa11.png
    3039df72-1a68-4099-81f2-da1f13e2aa11.png
    279.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Sorry, I'm missing something here. Where does the realism/accuracy of this game start and end? You win/buy a car you can probably never afford IRL, swap the engine for something that would never fit, put tyres on it that were never available, soup it up so it's 10 billion HP and does a trillion miles an hour round corners, drive it off a cliff that doesn't exist to jump 5,000 metres, survive the landing with little more than a scratch on your car (as if....) then complain that part of your taillight is too dark?

Last edited:
They've delivered the last two updates so I'm looking forward to tomorrow's monthly. Just hope the time of day settings are a slider rather than preset buttons.

Sorry, I'm missing something here. Where does the realism/accuracy of this game start and end? You win/buy a car you can probably never afford IRL, swap the engine for something that would never fit, put tyres on it that were never available, soup it up so it's 10 billion HP and does a trillion miles an hour round corners, drive it off a cliff that doesn't exist to jump 5,000 metres, survive the landing with little more than a scratch on your car (as if....) then complain that part of your taillight is too dark?

I can't tell if your post is stupendously bad faith or a genuine failure to understand there's a difference between visual accuracy and fidelity and actually trying to simulate real life.

It's not unfair to demand that the car that's based on a real-life model actually looks like the real-life model. Everything else is an acceptable break from reality. FH5 is not a full racing or physics simulator nor does it need to be, and if I wanted a game that simulates the longing feeling I get when I want a car I can't afford in a lifetime, I'd play GT7.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back