Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,134 comments
So.... "biggest" American cars would certainly mean https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_yacht_(automobile)

Would they just give us these three?

1696888250389.png

Last edited:
FH5 has filled out really nicely in 2 years since launch. The car list is now top tier, Eventlab has become extremely convincing, etc...

And next patch we are likely to finally get 4 new road racing events. I really really hope they stay permanently unlike the jumps and speed traps which only stayed during certain seasons.
We are heading into Series 26. For reference, here is what was added in Series 26 for Horizon 4:
  • Bentley Turbo R
  • Jaguar I-Pace
  • Range Rover Velar
  • Garage limit increase from 750(?) to 1000
  • British Sports and Any Terrain car packs, comprised of cars from FH4’s car pass for those who didn’t buy the full pass

Compared to FH4 at this time in its lifespan, I think FH5 still has plenty of steam. Hopefully FH5 becomes a supplement to Motorsport rather than Motorsport being a replacement for FH5.

It’s probably way too early to talk about the hypothetical Horizon 6, but I can’t imagine it coming until 2025 at the earliest given the quality of the updates compared to FH4. Playground are definitely more committed to the ‘evolving world’ as they put it than they were in FH4.

Last edited:
So.... "biggest" American cars would certainly mean https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_yacht_(automobile)

Would they just give us these three?

View attachment 1293918
Oh I wouldn't mind having that Cadi, could put some very nice lowrider paints on that. Generally though I do really wanna see some big American boats in the update if nothing else. I'd feel pretty disappointed if it ended up just being all returning cars, considering the German auto series got a few new-to-Forza cars if I remember right?

Last edited:
Also note the wording on "biggest" cars from American Automotive history - hopefully some Land Yachts are coming!
I'm also looking forward to a land yacht, but at the same time I'm also thinking about the possibility of other cars.

For example, pre-war luxury cars such as Cadillac and Duesenberg were equipped with monster-like engines of large displacement.
The Cadillac V16 is one vintage car that would make sense to add to the game, given its popularity and beauty.
And Sixteen Concept, which can be said to be a modern version of V16. This car remains one of Cadillac's most popular concept cars, due to its beauty and iconic 829 cubic inch, 1000hp V16 engine. (Also, this car is surprisingly popular on the official wish list)

As a VAG lover I am very happy that the Mark 8 is finally coming to FH5 and that it won't be confined to the new FM. Though it does very much give me 'RS6 in the High Performance update" vibes with how different it is to the other 3 DLC cars :lol:

Now if somebody could remind PG that we are still missing the Mark 5 after all these years in order to complete the Golf family tree, that would be great. And since it's also from VAG, a Mark 1 TT would also be welcome to complete that generation set...

As a VAG lover I am very happy that the Mark 8 is finally coming to FH5 and that it won't be confined to the new FM. Though it does very much give me 'RS6 in the High Performance update" vibes with how different it is to the other 3 DLC cars :lol:

Now if somebody could remind PG that we are still missing the Mark 5 after all these years in order to complete the Golf family tree, that would be great. And since it's also from VAG, a Mark 1 TT would also be welcome to complete that generation set...
To me, it's always felt like the car packs are the scraps of car updates that were pushed back for one reason or another; the last Italian Exotics pack was probably what PG wanted to add before Stellantis finally called back and let them add their Italian manufacturers, and the pack with the Altimaniac and Saleen F-150--I forget its name already--was probably the intended car additions for Upgrade Heroes before it was decided to make it Donut Media Part 2. This was probably what was planned for Horizon Creatives before Microsoft decided to push whatever deal they had with BMW on them--the Elemental fits that idea pretty closely.

All this to say--I don't see American Automotive coming with a car pack unless something happens.

Last edited:

FH5 Release Notes: October 10th, 2023​

We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 5. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this update.

New Features (Available from October 10th)

• Drift Camera (Chase View)
  • Additional Eliminator Starter Car - 2010 Nissan Tsuru
  • 15 Día de Muertos EventLab props
  • 13 Achievements
  • 2 Día De Muertos Player Badges
  • 1 Día De Muertos Accolade
  • 3 Cosmetics Items: 1 Forza Motorsport Race Suit, 2 Día De Muertos Outfits
    • Forza Motorsport Race Suit: delivered to all players through an in-game message on October 10th
    • Día De Muertos Outfits: delivered to all players through in-game message on November 2nd
"Día De Muertos" Limited Timed Series Features (Available from October 12th until November 9th)

• Evolving World: Día De Muertos Decorations
  • Evolving World: Día De Muertos Drone Show
  • Evolving World: Tank Mariachi collectible (also available in EventLab as a standalone prop)
Unlockable cars

• 4 Festival Playlist Reward Cars (Available from October 12th onwards)
    • 2010 Nissan Tsuru
    • 2023 Meyers Manx 2.0
    • 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor
    • 1951 Porsche 356 SL
“Super Speed Car Pack” cars (Available from October 10th - Not included with the Forza Horizon 5 Car Pass, Standard, Deluxe or Premium Editions)

• 2019 Elemental RP1
  • 2020 KTM X-Bow GT2
  • 2022 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS
  • 2022 Volkswagen Golf R
Bug fixes and changes

General

• Fixed an issue where ASL/BSL videos were missing from some Horizon Stories (Anniversary, Made in Mexico, Drift Club, Horizon Wilds)
  • Fixed an issue where on some occasions, photos were saved with visible guidelines (Bug ID 3909725)
  • Players can now play EventLab events on other tracks via the Pause Menu and will be travelled to that track before playing the event.
  • General performance and stability fixes
EventLab

• Prefab Menu now includes a manually curated Featured tab
  • Added ability to filter via track when searching for EventLab events
    • Developer’s Notes: As this feature has been added with this update, it will work with Blueprints created from this Series Update onwards.
  • Improvements made to Snap node cull distance when working with large props
  • Improvements made to Attachment Nodes which could disappear or be unable to attach to other nodes
  • Fixed an issue where props could randomly move when in placement mode (Bug ID 3904521)
  • Fixed an issue where the Prefab’s thumbnail unintendedly changed when moving or copying that Prefab (Bug ID 3909177)
  • Fixed an issue where the number of likes and downloads of a Prefab was not correctly updated in My Prefabs menu (Bug ID 3907615)
  • Fixed an issue in EventLab Island where the Event map pin image was missing on the Map and Mini Map (Bug ID 3906978)
  • Fixed an issue where editing a route with Red or Blue checkpoint flares could make them immovable and, upon any other edit, could change their flag type (Bug ID 3906986)
  • Fixed an issue where the prefab thumbnail camera would be placed in a poor position (Bug ID 3907060)
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes players could experience graphic corruption on EventLab Island when accessing playing through XCloud (Bug ID 3910733)
Cars

• Fixed an issue with the 2021 BMW M3 where exterior windows couldn’t be tinted (Bug ID 3910439)
  • Fixed an issue with the 2021 BMW M4 where the driver was incorrectly placed inside the car (Bug ID 3910518)
  • Fixed an issue with the 2015 BMW i8 where the AC Schnitzer widebody kit removed mirrors in cockpit view (Bug ID 3910518)
  • Fixed an issue with the 2018 BMW M5 where the AC Schnitzer spoiler was clipping through the rear boot while in ForzaVista (Bug ID 3910433)
  • Fixed an issue with the 1996 BMW 850CSi where vinyl was incorrectly mapped when using the widebody kit (Bug ID 3910522)

We saw that the 40-point car from the autumn of series 26 of Forza Horizon 5 is a 2015 Subaru WRX STI, a car that costs 42 thousand at the dealership. It seems like it was a mistake and Playground can't make any changes, so everyone will get the 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing in the autumn

We saw that the 40-point car from the autumn of series 26 of Forza Horizon 5 is a 2015 Subaru WRX STI, a car that costs 42 thousand at the dealership. It seems like it was a mistake and Playground can't make any changes, so everyone will get the 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing in the autumn
Indeed. They've also changed the delivery date for the outfits, which would have rendered one of the S26 Daily Challenges unachieveable...

The last car pack also took a while to go live. Patience will be fine.

Edit: I noticed that the total cars in game is currently 760, i.e. only the 4 seasonal cars have been added. The Car Pass cars don't seem to exist in the game right now.

Not sure if they need an extra patch to fix this or not?

Last edited:
Yeah that is fair, all of the car packs have included mostly 2020 or newer models. The Escalade V and Charger EV make good sense as well, not so sure about the C8.R though. I think the Z06 will come before the C8.R, but who knows.

There is also so many potential cars from previous games that would fit the American Automotive theme incredibly well. I know I'm missing plenty off these lists too.

50's Classic American Racers:
1952 Hudson Hornet
1949 Mercury Coupe

American Land Yachts:
1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
1966 Ford Country Squire\
1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt
1957 Ford Thunderbird
1962 Lincoln Continental

American Cult Classics:
1977 AMC Pacer X
1974 AMC Hornet
1971 Chevrolet Vega GT
1969 Chevrolet Corvair Monza
2000 Plymouth Prowler
2006 Pontiac Aztek

Mustangs (because why not have more?):
2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302
1995 Ford SVT Cobra R
1978 Ford Mustang II King Cobra
1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429

American Sport Convertibles:
2010 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Convertible
2006 Ford GTX1

American Sport Compact:
2010 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Turbocharged
2013 Dodge Dart GT
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 ACR
1996 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo
1986 Dodge Shelby Omni GLHS
1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP
1985 Pontiac Fiero GT

American Off-Roaders:
1974 Hoonigan Ford Bronco
2006 HUMMER H1 Alpha Open Top
1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

American Luxury:
2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV
2017 Lincoln Continental
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP

90'/00's American Muscle:
2002 Chevrolet Camaro 35th Anniversary Super Sport
1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Ram Air

60's/70's American Muscle:
1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 396
1966 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport
1967 Dodge Coronet WO23
1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
1969 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442
1971 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi
1969 Pontiac GTO Judge
1968 Pontiac Firebird
No love for the Lincoln Mark VII and Mark VIII LSC?

The last car pack also took a while to go live. Patience will be fine.

Edit: I noticed that the total cars in game is currently 760, i.e. only the 4 seasonal cars have been added. The Car Pass cars don't seem to exist in the game right now.

Not sure if they need an extra patch to fix this or not?
Indeed, if you go to a custom event with custom car selection and filter on “not owned”, the only 4 not owned cars are the ones for the upcoming festival playlist. Indeed the new car pack cars aren’t even in the game.

i also purchased the car pack, it says I own it and doesn’t need to be installed (like all other car packs), yet they are nowhere in the game.

I’m expecting a hotfix really soon to add them to the game.

«listens to a seemingly endless loop of Achievement jingles»
I dived out of the game after half of mine had popped. I'll get the other half tonight. It's 2 days of free 50 points on the Microsoft Rewards for GamePass achievements 😉😉

From reddit…

“ Update: the cars in the Super Speed Car Pack will be available starting tomorrow October 12th at 2:30 PM UTC / 7:30 AM PDT.

The delay has been caused by an issue on our backend which will be resolved with the Season change.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, thank you for your patience!”

Just a quick one guys, has anyone seen this issue before? tried a few other games they seem to be ok.

You did well not to swear on that video! Hope it's fixed soon, you can't play like this.

It's not much help but aside from the car pack I haven't got any bugs on console, and nothing like this.

New car pack purchased, three times - had to treat two mates. It's a real treat to upgrade from one friend to race with every week to two friends; I get to watch the squealing-delight reactions of the newest one. It's also helping me realize that FH5 has become one of those games, almost without me noticing, where it just feels like home to come back to now. It just feels right, if that makes sense.

Latest Posts

Back