Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,966 comments
If only AMC had the cash in the early ‘80s to compete in the WRC. But forget the full-size Eagle. It would have been too large. Instead, they could have used the Eagle SX/4 or Eagle Kammback. All the goodness of the Eagle, but on the much shorter and lighter Gremlin wheelbase. Not only that, but AMC and Renault were partners back then, meaning AMC would have had access to Renault’s F1 know-how for wildly powerful turbo engines. The AMC vs. Audi battles would have been legendary. Just put one of these in the game and allow an engine swap from the Renault 5 Turbo and I can live my early ‘80s WRC fantasies.
IMG_0365.jpeg

IMG_0364.jpeg

Last edited:
If only AMC had the cash in the early ‘80s to compete in the WRC. But forget the full-size Eagle. It would have been too large. Instead, they could have used the Eagle SX/4 or Eagle Kammback. All the goodness of the Eagle, but on the much shorter and lighter Gremlin wheelbase. Not only that, but AMC and Renault were partners back then, meaning AMC would have had access to Renault’s F1 know-how for wildly powerful turbo engines. The AMC vs. Audi battles would have been legendary. Just put one of these in the game and allow an engine swap from the Renault 5 Turbo and I can live my early ‘80s WRC fantasies.
View attachment 1293306
View attachment 1293307
Yep, that's the one I had in mind. There's an auto body shop in my neighborhood that had one of those getting a touch-up or something a while back, and it looked pretty formidable in black and had a pretty beefed-up sound to it, too.

I'm weird so I'd want the Aztek and PT Cruiser GT back from previous games. Seriously, why's the Aztek exclusive to FM6?!
Probably right around the time it was shown in the hottest show on Netflix at the time, Breaking Bad. Cant be a coincidence but maybe im wrong...

Seriously, why's the Aztek exclusive to FM6?

Forgetting about the great exodus of models during the generational jump, the Xbox One era has had a very bad habit of adding cars as DLC or free addon content and then immediately nixing them the next title. See Aztek, Caparo T1, basically any classic British car from Horizon 4, 2013 Dodge Dart, Chevy Vega, etc etc...

Sure, licensing is probably a factor with some of these. But, I would think that others would be a no-brainer add.

Not to mention that several cars are found in promotional media that aren't in the game yet. Looking at you, Porsche 928. Again...

Not to mention that several cars are found in promotional media that aren't in the game yet. Looking at you, Porsche 928. Again...
That reminds me of a fun fact. The 928 has never been in a Forza game from launch. Its always been DLC or post-launch content. In the case of FH3, it was locked behind a VIP-exclusive forzathon and never seen again. FM2023 is its first ever appearence at launch

Edit: Wait no it was in FM7 at launch. Whoopsies!

Last edited:
Every time they add/return a 356 variant, I hope they share the love they have for this car with the always snubbed front engine Porsches.
Seriously, Horizon already has a lot of 356s and 992/991s.
However, why do they prioritize them further and continue to ignore the front engine Porsche, which has never even had all models in Horizon series?

924, 928, 944, 968...I love them.
However, I have not yet been able to have all of these beloved Porsches in my garage.

View attachment 1293306
View attachment 1293307
I personally want all of them, except the Eagle Kammback (because it is ugly. There's a reason why all the brochures of the day don't show the Kammback's back). The Wagon itself needs more love in more games.

Also, I wish a solemn prayer for Israel because now we got ourselves another major situation going on. World needs peace

It was mentioned on the livestream that "lots of new cars are coming" for the American Automotive update.

I'm expecting more than 5 for sure, perhaps a car pack alongside a hefty smattering of motors in the playlist.

Italian Automotive gave us 23 cars, so hoping American Auto could give us at least half of that. Probably wishful thinking but we'll see!

Also worth mentioning. Chris said that basically there is no plan to stop FH5 updates any time soon and that they'll continue into the new year - which is great! It's going to be great to have FH5 updates alongside FM2023 for a while - lots going on for the Forza Franchise!

Dont see us getting back-to-back car packs but I do think we'll get more than 5 cars, the Z06 almost definently being one of them
Yeah you are probably right. And I 100% agree on the Z06.

But who knows, we definitely have the new-to-forza content for one (thanks to the leaked cars from a while back)

And we really don't know what other surprises PG has in store for us, like we had no inclination of half the cars coming this update.

Something like:

American All-Stars Car Pack:
2023 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat "Redeye"
1961 Deberti Design Ford Econoline Van
2003 Ford Mustang SVT “Terminator”
2017 Saleen S7 LM

Then the Festival Playlist has the Z06 + 6ish returning cars.

Last edited:
Something like:

American All-Stars Car Pack:
2003 Ford Mustang SVT “Terminator”
2017 Saleen S7 LM

Then the Festival Playlist has the Z06 + 6ish returning cars.
Considering the past two car packs as an example, it's hard to imagine them including older cars in the car pack.
It will probably include only the latest models or the latest custom cars.

I guess:
2023 Cadillac Escalade-V
2023 Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Concept
2020 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing C8.R (Maybe playlist content?)

Again, this is just a personal guess, but based on MS and Ford's close relationship, I feel like new Ford cars are more likely to be offered in a playlist than a car pack.
This is because it appeals to a larger number of casual players and provides the advertising effectiveness that Ford is looking for.

Yeah, definitely the new Mustang will be the main content of the next update.
And maybe we'll even get a Mach E Rally or a Mach E GT.
Now that we can't get the Tesla license and have added Rivian and Hummer, this is the only notable EV we can use for Forza EV.

Considering the past two car packs as an example, it's hard to imagine them including older cars in the car pack.
It will probably include only the latest models or the latest custom cars.

I guess:
2023 Cadillac Escalade-V
2023 Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Concept
2020 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing C8.R (Maybe playlist content?)

Again, this is just a personal guess, but based on MS and Ford's close relationship, I feel like new Ford cars are more likely to be offered in a playlist than a car pack.
This is because it appeals to a larger number of casual players and provides the advertising effectiveness that Ford is looking for.
Yeah that is fair, all of the car packs have included mostly 2020 or newer models. The Escalade V and Charger EV make good sense as well, not so sure about the C8.R though. I think the Z06 will come before the C8.R, but who knows.

There is also so many potential cars from previous games that would fit the American Automotive theme incredibly well. I know I'm missing plenty off these lists too.

50's Classic American Racers:
1952 Hudson Hornet
1949 Mercury Coupe

American Land Yachts:
1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
1966 Ford Country Squire\
1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt
1957 Ford Thunderbird
1962 Lincoln Continental

American Cult Classics:
1977 AMC Pacer X
1974 AMC Hornet
1971 Chevrolet Vega GT
1969 Chevrolet Corvair Monza
2000 Plymouth Prowler
2006 Pontiac Aztek

Mustangs (because why not have more?):
2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302
1995 Ford SVT Cobra R
1978 Ford Mustang II King Cobra
1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429

American Sport Convertibles:
2010 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Convertible
2006 Ford GTX1

American Sport Compact:
2010 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Turbocharged
2013 Dodge Dart GT
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 ACR
1996 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo
1986 Dodge Shelby Omni GLHS
1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP
1985 Pontiac Fiero GT

American Off-Roaders:
1974 Hoonigan Ford Bronco
2006 HUMMER H1 Alpha Open Top
1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

American Luxury:
2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV
2017 Lincoln Continental
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP

90'/00's American Muscle:
2002 Chevrolet Camaro 35th Anniversary Super Sport
1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Ram Air

60's/70's American Muscle:
1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 396
1966 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport
1967 Dodge Coronet WO23
1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
1969 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442
1971 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi
1969 Pontiac GTO Judge
1968 Pontiac Firebird

Now that we can't get the Tesla license and have added Rivian and Hummer, this is the only notable EV we can use for Forza EV.
Well, the Mach E is not the only notable American EV left to add...

1696835437796.png

Lucid has been found in the credits of the new FM, so fingers crossed :D

how about lucid?

I would love the Lucid Air Sapphire added to the game. Its almost a no brainer since we cant get Tesla but we have all the other fast and notable electric cars with the exception of the Polestar 1.
Polestar 1 is technically a hybrid...

Also worth mentioning. Chris said that basically there is no plan to stop FH5 updates any time soon and that they'll continue into the new year - which is great! It's going to be great to have FH5 updates alongside FM2023 for a while - lots going on for the Forza Franchise!
You know, that is definitely good news. Considering how horrifying FM2023 launched in such a sad state, maybe FH5 is the go-to game to own. As long as they keep updating the Horizon foundation, that's good and all.

You know, that is definitely good news. Considering how horrifying FM2023 launched in such a sad state, maybe FH5 is the go-to game to own. As long as they keep updating the Horizon foundation, that's good and all.
FH5 has filled out really nicely in 2 years since launch. The car list is now top tier, Eventlab has become extremely convincing, etc...

And next patch we are likely to finally get 4 new road racing events. I really really hope they stay permanently unlike the jumps and speed traps which only stayed during certain seasons.

FH5 has filled out really nicely in 2 years since launch. The car list is now top tier, Eventlab has become extremely convincing, etc...

And next patch we are likely to finally get 4 new road racing events. I really really hope they stay permanently unlike the jumps and speed traps which only stayed during certain seasons.
They'll definitely be permanent IMO, just like the Oval Track has been a permanent addition. They're confirmed to be in Horizon Open and Rivals as well, so no way they'll be removed

The Horizon Festival welcomes the biggest and most muscular cars from American Automotive history as well as 4 new Road Racing routes that will also be available in Rivals and Horizon Open. More details to come in November!
Also note the wording on "biggest" cars from American Automotive history - hopefully some Land Yachts are coming!

The Forza.Net article now has images too.

massive_FH_5_SER_26_Reward_Car_Group_16x9_3840x2160_WM_4327ec83dd.webp

massive_FH_5_Car_Pack_3_ELM_RP_1_19_16x9_3840_X2160_WM_fd621ad405.webp

massive_FH_5_Car_Pack_3_KTM_X_Bow_GT_2_20z_16x9_3840_X2160_WM_08d0ab6334.webp

massive_FH_5_Car_Pack_3_POR_718_Cayman_GT_4_RS_22_16x9_3840_X2160_WM_f0171f0240.webp

massive_FH_5_Car_Pack_3_VW_Golf_R_22_16x9_3840_X2160_WM_448212880b.webp

They'll definitely be permanent IMO, just like the Oval Track has been a permanent addition. They're confirmed to be in Horizon Open and Rivals as well, so no way they'll be removed

Also note the wording on "biggest" cars from American Automotive history - hopefully some Land Yachts are coming!

The Forza.Net article now has images too.

massive_FH_5_SER_26_Reward_Car_Group_16x9_3840x2160_WM_4327ec83dd.webp

massive_FH_5_Car_Pack_3_ELM_RP_1_19_16x9_3840_X2160_WM_fd621ad405.webp

massive_FH_5_Car_Pack_3_KTM_X_Bow_GT_2_20z_16x9_3840_X2160_WM_08d0ab6334.webp

massive_FH_5_Car_Pack_3_POR_718_Cayman_GT_4_RS_22_16x9_3840_X2160_WM_f0171f0240.webp

massive_FH_5_Car_Pack_3_VW_Golf_R_22_16x9_3840_X2160_WM_448212880b.webp
As usual, the official images look absolutely stunning!

Back