Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,139 comments
On that American automotive them I would love to see this one back
1000006398.jpg

I knew it would be the Tsuru. Atleast it's now here. I'm very happy to see the Porsche 356 SL return. As for the new car pack, it's ok.

Now, for the American Automotive....If the Hudson Hornet comes back, I will be EXTREMELY happy!

I wonder if that's what the Subaru was supposed to be
Maybe the 2015 WRX was a placeholder for this Beetle?
Call me skeptical, but I find it much more likely that it's a misinterpretation of the role the ingame VW Beetle has in the upcoming series, as one of the weekly challenge cars. Especially given the VUHL is mentioned but is nowhere to be found in terms of rewards unless I've missed a Forzathon page for one of the seasons

Source: Searching "1964 Volkswagen Sedan" giving me pictures of Beetles, particularly given the model ingame is a 1963 already unless they've decided to add the Volkswagen 1500/Type-3

EDIT: Granted, a Type 3 was present in FH4, but a 1967 Notchback one

EDIT 2: If it was something new, I presume it would've got its own section in the blogpost that the above image was taken from, but it's only the four cars(+ the carpack) and the 250 GT they've shown that get it.

Last edited:
I really like the selection of cars for this month! I think the Elemental RP1 (Elemental is found in the credits of Forza Motorsport), Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS Weissach Package, and the Porsche 356 SL Gmünd will probably make it to Forza Motorsport at some point.

American Automotive, interesting! Quite a few new USDM cars that could come to the game next month:

Corvette Z06
That probably will happen, given that the Chevrolet Corvette C8 Z06 is already in Forza Motorsport, and the trend being that Forza Motorsport road cars and track-focused cars are transferring over to Forza Horizon 5.

O o
American Automotive.
'03Mustang?
Saleen S331
Hornet
King Cobra 2
'57 T-bird
'59 Caddy

So many possibilities for new and returning cars. I'm sure I forgot some.

With another DLC car pack on the horizon, (which I'm cool about, and quite looking forward to) I've been thinking and would love a fantasy vehicle DLC car pack in the future. We've had fantasy vehicles in other iterations of FH before so why not this one. Here's a few examples of vehicles I'd like:

1, Optimus Prime (Artic Head only).
2, KITT
3, Fab 1 (Thunderbirds Pink Rolls Royce).
4, Blues Brothers Bluesmobile.
5, Mad Max Persuit Special.
6, Ecto 1.
7, Eleanor (Gone In 60 Seconds).
8, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
9, The Amphicat (Banana Splits)
10, Pontiac GTO (The Monkees Car)
11, Ford Anglia 105E (Vyvyans car in The Young Ones).

I know licensing issues would be a nightmare to put this together but I can hope. I would have added Jazz (935 Turbo) as well but the Martini livery would never be allowed in game as an original livery.

With another DLC car pack on the horizon, (which I'm cool about, and quite looking forward to) I've been thinking and would love a fantasy vehicle DLC car pack in the future. We've had fantasy vehicles in other iterations of FH before so why not this one. Here's a few examples of vehicles I'd like:

2, KITT
6, Ecto 1.

I know licensing issues would be a nightmare to put this together but I can hope. I would have added Jazz (935 Turbo) as well but the Martini livery would never be allowed in game as an original livery.
Robert-Pattinson-2022-The-Batman-Batmobile.jpg

Just a thought...

2, KITT
6, Ecto 1.

1967 Austin 1100 Countryman

Fawlty_Towers_Basil_beats_up_his_Car.gif

I would suggest the 1974 Penriffic Phooeymobile but its ability to turn into speedboats and helicopters at the bang of a gong probably makes it more suited to The Crew: Motorfest.

Phooeymobile.jpg

Last edited:
I think a lot of the movie cars that aren't something tremendously custom like FAB 1 would be better suited as the standard cars, with the option for players to put the movie liveries / visuals on them. For example, better to have a Dodge Monaco with visual upgrades for a police light etc. than to have it permanently be the Bluesmobile (and then it's probably not necessary to license the name of the movie too).

Good excuse to get more unusual vehicles in though - let's have a Cinquecento because it was in The Inbetweeners, a classic Alfa Spider from The Graduate, a Monte Carlo from Training Day... At least we've already got a Reliant van and a Fury from previous games to cross those off.

Unrelated to the above, it was great to see the Hot Wheels seasonal last week drop from 3 laps to 2 each race. It's been an increasingly long slog due to the 3-minute laps and slower car classes being used for variety, and 2 laps balances the time demand much more closely with the Mexico seasonals.

Unrelated to the above, it was great to see the Hot Wheels seasonal last week drop from 3 laps to 2 each race.
Too right. And those three courses are awful, but more so at three laps.

Unrelated to the above, it was great to see the Hot Wheels seasonal last week drop from 3 laps to 2 each race. It's been an increasingly long slog due to the 3-minute laps and slower car classes being used for variety, and 2 laps balances the time demand much more closely with the Mexico seasonals.
Thanks for the heads up. I've been skipping the HW seasonal championship the last couple of weeks because I kept dozing off on lap 3 and plummeting over the trackside towards Mexico. At least Rally changes it up from dirt to tarmac each week.

Last edited:
Good excuse to get more unusual vehicles in though - let's have a Cinquecento because it was in The Inbetweeners, a classic Alfa Spider from The Graduate, a Monte Carlo from Training Day... At least we've already got a Reliant van and a Fury from previous games to cross those off.
The 2CV in the Bond pack in FH4

Thanks for the heads up. I've been skipping the HW seasonal championship the last couple of weeks because I kept dozing off on lap 3 and plummeting over the trackside towards Mexico. At least Rally changes it up from dirt to tarmac each week.

To be fair, Hot Wheels changes it up too sometimes by randomly putting a cross-country sprint into the middle of a series with no warning. I usually pick one non-tuned car to use for the whole championship, so it's pretty 'fun' when you suddenly have to wrangle a Lotus Carlton across a frozen lake with absolutely no chance of beating the AWD Audis being used by the AI. I think there might have been a Porsche one more recently that did the same too.

The 2CV in the Bond pack in FH4

That one is actually quite far from a standard 2CV - it has a flat-four swap from a Citroen GS with a lot more power. The rest of that pack was made up of more or less unmodified cars though, with the V12 DBS even being the same car as previous games just assigned to a different manufacturer.

2, KITT
6, Ecto 1.

Yes please!
There are endless options and possibilities.

I always wanted a DeLorean with customization from the movies.

And with EventLab 2.0, creators can host movie-themed events. I would love all of this so much!

The Criterion Channel has a bunch of '70s car movies up, and while most of them are kind of niche and the cars aren't wild custom jobs, a lot of the cars in question are pretty cool: the BMW 503 George C. Scott drives in 'The Last Run' (with an aftermarket supercharger!), the '72 Ford Gran Torino Sport from 'Fear is the Key', Roy Scheider's Pontiac Ventura from the insane car chase from 'The Seven-Ups' -- and, why not, the custom Eldorado from 'Super Fly' and (on the exact opposite end of the scale) the Plymouth Valiant from 'Duel'. It'd fit with a lot of other ones that could already be paid homage in the game, from Kowalski's 'Vanishing Point' Challenger to the Charger R/T in 'Dirty Mary Crazy Larry' to the '73 Trans Am that Jeff Bridges steals off the lot in 'Thunderbolt and Lightfoot' (and was owned by co-star Clint Eastwood in real life for years afterwards). Even the Hoonigan Bel Air makes for an excellent stand-in for the '55 Chevy from 'Two-Lane Blacktop'.

To be fair, Hot Wheels changes it up too sometimes by randomly putting a cross-country sprint into the middle of a series with no warning. I usually pick one non-tuned car to use for the whole championship, so it's pretty 'fun' when you suddenly have to wrangle a Lotus Carlton across a frozen lake with absolutely no chance of beating the AWD Audis being used by the AI. I think there might have been a Porsche one more recently that did the same too.
I'm all for variety, but not like this. :lol:

There are endless options and possibilities.
Username checks out.

acabcfdd63716efb5061ba50cd792c19.jpg

This would be a great separate thread for a fantasy fantasy (double fantasy?) DLC car pack. The inclusion of both ordinary vehicles which have a movie or tv connection and wholly created made up cars with impossible in real life capabilities would give it a fair bit of longevity, I'd say.

Last edited:
I'm all for variety, but not like this. :lol:

Username checks out.

View attachment 1293275

This would be a great separate thread for a fantasy fantasy (double fantasy?) DLC car pack. The inclusion of both ordinary vehicles which have a movie or tv connection and wholly created made up cars with impossible in real life capabilities would give it a fair bit of longevity, I'd say.
That pic is brilliant, where on earth did you find that 😂😂😂

Personally, for the American Automotive series, I just hope for more AMCs. Nothing would make me happier than to have an AMC Eagle, sedan or wagon, in FH5. I may or may not be biased. I bought an Eagle sedan for my significant other last year.
It never fails to amaze me that the company that gave us the eternal punchlines of the Gremlin and the Pacer not only made an underrated classic muscle car that won Trans-Am in '71 (the Javelin), but later wound up anticipating the market for AWD proto-crossovers at least a decade early. I used to think the Eagle models were kind of tacky but now I yearn for the alternate universe where they really caught on enough to inspire AMC to enter some in the WRC. Can you imagine a Group B Eagle? The mind reels.

I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned in this thread before, but an AMC Eagle wagon with wood grain is high on my bucket list for a Forza game (Horizon is probably gonna be the best fit given FM8’s shift in direction).

That pic is brilliant, where on earth did you find that 😂😂😂
LOL I just googled "bond minis" 🤣
It never fails to amaze me that the company that gave us the eternal punchlines of the Gremlin and the Pacer not only made an underrated classic muscle car that won Trans-Am in '71 (the Javelin), but later wound up anticipating the market for AWD proto-crossovers at least a decade early. I used to think the Eagle models were kind of tacky but now I yearn for the alternate universe where they really caught on enough to inspire AMC to enter some in the WRC. Can you imagine a Group B Eagle? The mind reels.
The Javelin AMX is the first (and so far only) car I've bought in FM2023. King muscle.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back