Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,901 comments
I found this coming soon icon named "bodykit", I don't think its been used before? but CMIIW
bodykits.png

Also found this golden ratio photo mode overlay not in game.
A_Photomode_Overlay_GoldenRatio.png

In the Rally Expansion how good would it be to race the quarry Haul Trucks around the quarry?
I'm still waiting for the chance to race WELSLOs. I'm not up to drifting them around the arena though. I suck at drifting.

Last edited:
Other than buying the Chinese Lucky Stars car pack, I've had very little chance to play the game this week. I'm in the middle of another 19 day straight work marathon, plus my roommate is moving out meaning I've got to get internet and electric switched over to my name. A lot to do and very little time to play.

I'm still waiting for the chance to race WELSLOs. I'm not up to drifting them around the arena though. I suck at drifting.
It would be good to drive the WELSLO's too bud. Maybe around the oval?

I can't drift very well either. My leaderboard scores for the drift zones can only be described as average at best.

Other than buying the Chinese Lucky Stars car pack, I've had very little chance to play the game this week. I'm in the middle of another 19 day straight work marathon, plus my roommate is moving out meaning I've got to get internet and electric switched over to my name. A lot to do and very little time to play.
I hope things fall into place for you easily and smoothly bud. 19 days straight at work 😲😲. You've more than earned a beer on day 20.

Last edited:
I'm loving the Hyundai Kona, as it is the closest vehicle to what I'm currently driving, and I hope more B-SUV's get in the game in the future. Too bad it's not sold in Mexico, and we are stuck with the Creta (sells a lot).

Kona01.jpg

Last edited:
If they get more lower powered SUVs/crossovers, then the Sports Utility Heroes category will get somewhat unbalanced. Although I guess it's no big deal, since A class SUVs won't be in B class races anyway.

If they get more lower powered SUVs/crossovers, then the Sports Utility Heroes category will get somewhat unbalanced. Although I guess it's no big deal, since A class SUVs won't be in B class races anyway.
We may need that "crossover" category. At first it didn't occur to me looking for the Kona in Sports Utility Heroes, but in the Hot Hatches because well... it's just 4m long and FWD.

I guess the problem is that there were no crossovers in the base game, so adding a category which can only be filled by DLC (free or paid) is not politically sensible...

I would love to see more crossovers in the game, there are really lot of great examples:

Ford Puma ST (it may not be the most beautiful but...):

FORD_2020_PUMA_ST_011.jpg

Volvo XC40 (in general, more volvo should be in the game):

XC40_T3_gora.jpg

Alfa Romeo Tonale (nothing more to say):

Alfa_Romeo_Tonale_1X7A0319.jpg

Chevrolet Trax (there's even something straight from america):

815529de50e1a553708b.jpg

I won't even mention the X3M, RSQ3 or GLA AMG.
They should been in the game for a long time. :dopey:
Of course, it's just my opinion.

I would love to see more crossovers in the game, there are really lot of great examples:

Ford Puma ST (it may not be the most beautiful but...):

View attachment 1325878

Volvo XC40 (in general, more volvo should be in the game):

View attachment 1325879

Alfa Romeo Tonale (nothing more to say):

View attachment 1325880

Chevrolet Trax (there's even something straight from america):

View attachment 1325881

I won't even mention the X3M, RSQ3 or GLA AMG.
They should been in the game for a long time. :dopey:
Of course, it's just my opinion.
IMO, any future FH games should reflect the trends of the current automotive world, and that means more crossovers, SUVs, hybrid, and electric cars (their performance-oriented versions, preferably).

For any cars older than the 90's, my big idea would be making them available not in the usual pristine (virtual) conditions, but used, well worn out and in need of restoration, and that would even include conversions to hybrid/electric power systems.

If you ask me, I draw the line at crossovers getting big promo in these kinds of games. I play FH5 to get away from glorified traffic cars like that, not be forced to look at them. :P

That being said, I'd be fine with more EVs--but only in the context of EV hypercars. Things like the I-PACE and the new BMW EVs just... don't belong.

IMO, any future FH games should reflect the trends of the current automotive world, and that means more crossovers, SUVs, hybrid, and electric cars (their performance-oriented versions, preferably).

For any cars older than the 90's, my big idea would be making them available not in the usual pristine (virtual) conditions, but used, well worn out and in need of restoration, and that would even include conversions to hybrid/electric power systems.
I'd rather have games stay a haven of preservation for what the car culture used to be, encyclopedias of sorts. If you're going to force electric cars in, at least get some interesting ones instead of the soulless mundane cars and licensing obligations we've been getting recently.

I'd rather have games stay a haven of preservation for what the car culture used to be, encyclopedias of sorts. If you're going to force electric cars in, at least get some interesting ones instead of the soulless mundane cars and licensing obligations we've been getting recently.
We live in times where games are about everything, so there can be anything in games. You don't like the Snow Plow Simulator or the even weirder Vacuum Simulator? You don't play it.
You don't like crossovers or vans in a racing game? No one tells you to use them. It used to be said that there would be everything in virtual reality, and games are moving in that direction. There is something for everyone.
I used to say that for me there should not be cars from the 40s and 50s in the forza cuz they are boring, but I have changed my mind cuz I know that even these cars will find fans who will enjoy them. Games should be fun and encyclopedias can be found in a book or on the Internet.
Of course, I respect everyone's opinion.

While the idea is nice, defining "car culture" is extremely difficult. Car culture can include everything from ricers to gold suvs to hypercars to sleepers to dailies to drag racers to drifters to mall crawlers and everything in between.

Then there's the whole part about FH being a sandbox which already has a great representation of automobiles (both past and present) and a bunch of slower, and comparatively normal cars won't hurt at all.

Also the update is for a hotfix on the 02 and the macaron

While the idea is nice, defining "car culture" is extremely difficult. Car culture can include everything from ricers to gold suvs to hypercars to sleepers to dailies to drag racers to drifters to mall crawlers and everything in between.

Then there's the whole part about FH being a sandbox which already has a great representation of automobiles (both past and present) and a bunch of slower, and comparatively normal cars won't hurt at all.

Also the update is for a hotfix on the 02 and the macaron

Cheers bud 👍👍
By the way if you are "gold player" who do evrything in playlist you can now drive these "beetle" :dopey:

View attachment 1325950
I really can't make my mind up on this car. I really don't know if I like it or not. It just seems to drive too bland. It feels too safe to me, even a quick tune up didn't solve it for me. I'll have to spend a bit more time with it I think.

Personally I find most crossovers to be ugly, but we have some notoriously ugly cars in the game already, and it would be a whole new niche of car that are designed to be fun. Bring them on.

The confusing thing to me is why the Aztek is exclusive to Forza Motorsport 6, now THAT is a car that would get me to come back to FH5. No I'm serious, bonus points if they gave it a widebody too.
Sit down buddy, I go fetch the nurse 😂😂😂😂.

Only joking, each to their own 👍.

The notes on the hot fix aren't extensive. Just:

Version Number:

Xbox One: 2.634.818.0
Xbox Series: 3.634.818.0
PC: 3.634.818.0
Steam: 1.634.818.0
General

Fixed an issue with the 2022 Lynk & Co 02 and the 2022 Wuling Hongguang Mini EV Macaron where some materials erroneously displayed as transparent (Bug ID 3926689)

Latest Posts

Back