Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,839 comments
I woke up in the middle of the night and spent three hours in the livery editor making a joke that only I will ever get.
View attachment 1327157
What Happen Wake Up GIF by Videoland TV Ltd.

Anyone wish we could get Seat or Skoda in Forza? Both are European (Spanish and Czech respectively) and both have nice, no-frills cars. Pimping an Octavia could at least be an option, even if they share most of the bits.
The most interesting Seat models have become part of the Cupra sub-brand, so I vote for Skoda.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or does the i30 shift awfully slow for supposedly having a DCT?

This is not an "ahhhhh lazy devs!" question, but rather "Am I crazy?"

Is it just me, or does the i30 shift awfully slow for supposedly having a DCT?

This is not an "ahhhhh lazy devs!" question, but rather "Am I crazy?"
1708157553862.png

could it be modelled after the 6MT version?

I just checked and the car has an auto shifter in the game, but has the 6 gears + manual shifting speed.

Seems like a miscommunication between the modelling team and the physics? team

1708157957857.png

Last edited:
View attachment 1328787
could it be modelled after the 6MT version?

I just checked and the car has an auto shifter in the game, but has the 6 gears + manual shifting speed.

Seems like a miscommunication between the modelling team and the physics? team

View attachment 1328789
When I was first driving it around, I was surprised that they did the 6MT over the DCT, but then I went into the interior camera and saw paddle shifts. If they end up fixing it, it would be a nice counterpart to the US-spec pre-DCT-option Veloster N.

On a different note, I saw both an IONIQ 5 and IONIQ 6 the other day (electric cars other than Teslas are still a bit uncommon in my area in Missouri), and I think they are both pretty sharp in person. In the IONIQ 6's case, I definitely feel like the proportions look less odd in person. This is coming from someone who likes how it looks, haha.

I hate how it looks, the rear end especially makes me think of that atrocity...
preview-928x522.jpg
Funnily enough, I think the J30 is uglier from the front than the back. But I've oddly never made that connection before even though they look very similar.

Reminds me of the time someone told me my Volvo C30 looked like an AMC Gremlin. I can't unsee it now (even though it's probably more of a stretch than the IONIQ 6/J30 comparison).

Last edited:
I know it's very unlikely, but I'd love for the European Automotive update to actually encompass more than your standard British, Italian and German marques. Forza has always lagged behind on French vehicles and Swedish vehicles aren't doing much better. With CUPRA being in FH5, there is a chance than Spanish vehicles could get some love too.

Even getting back some of those marques old content back would be amazing, but probably won't happen. My ideal European Automotive would have cars coming from 6 different nations across Europe - wishful thinking I know.

Straight into Autoshow at the start of S31 (please do more of this PG!!):
2011 DS Automobiles Citroen DS3 Racing - France
2004 Maserati MC12 - Italy
1966 MG MGB GT - UK
2003 SEAT Leon Cupra R - Spain
1972 Volvo 1800E - Sweden

European Automotive Festival Playlist:
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance - Germany
1974 Citroen DS 23 Pallas - France
2022 CUPRA Dark Rebel - Spain
1972 Lamborghini Jarama S - Italy
2021 McLaren Sabre - UK
2004 Peugeot 206 RC - France
2017 Volvo XC90 R-Design - Sweden

European Automotive Car Pack:
2022 Koenigsegg Gemera - Sweden
2022 Maserati MC20 - Italy
1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E - Germany
2023 Porsche 911 GT3 RS - Germany

Though it'll probably just be the leaked thumbnail cars for the Festival Playlist and the Car Pack will be the leaked MC20 + some stuff from FM2023 most likely. Which will be fine, but I'd love for the "smaller" car nations to get some love as well!

I know it's very unlikely, but I'd love for the European Automotive update to actually encompass more than your standard British, Italian and German marques. Forza has always lagged behind on French vehicles and Swedish vehicles aren't doing much better. With CUPRA being in FH5, there is a chance than Spanish vehicles could get some love too.

Even getting back some of those marques old content back would be amazing, but probably won't happen. My ideal European Automotive would have cars coming from 6 different nations across Europe - wishful thinking I know.

1966 MG MGB GT - UK

2021 McLaren Sabre - UK

Though it'll probably just be the leaked thumbnail cars for the Festival Playlist and the Car Pack will be the leaked MC20 + some stuff from FM2023 most likely. Which will be fine, but I'd love for the "smaller" car nations to get some love as well!
Your lists look solid and right in line with what the type of vehicles they would add. I hope those do come and then some

1966 MG MGB GT - UK

2021 McLaren Sabre - UK

Hmm... I'll make some speculations too.

Festival Playlist:
2022 Maserati MC20 (Cover car)
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance
1974 Citroen DS 23 Pallas
2021 McLaren Sabre
2019 BMW M2 Competition

European Car Pack:
2019 Polestar 1
2022 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
1991 Mercedes-Benz 500E
1986 Mercedes-Benz AMG Hammer Wagon
2006 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Wagon
2022 Koenigsegg Gemera
2022 Cupra DarkRebel
Venturi Atlantique

Substitute cars:

Festival Playlist:
1967 Aston Martin DBS Vantage
2001 Aston Martin V12 Vanquish
2007 Porsche 911 GT3 (997.1)
2020 Audi TT RS

Car Pack:
2022 McMurtry Spierling
2014 RUF RT35 S
1954 Ferrari 500 TR
2014 Peugeot 208 GTI
2014 Peugeot RCZ R
1970 #146 Matra-Simca MS650

Last edited:
Time for speculation. We were in Colorado, Southern Europe and Australia for two years each. Then England for three years. We’re now into our third year in Mexico. Will it be another three year stretch here, or will they make this a four year visit? Maybe even go GTA5 and make it ten plus years? How long before FH6? And will they pull a Motorsport and simply call it Forza Horizon?

Last edited:
I agree.
Of course I understand the reasoning behind this. French and Italian models in general were never imported to the US. That makes it difficult for them to scan these models.
And SAAB, representing a Swedish brand, is a brand that many people want, but still in a licensing mess because of the stupid NEVS.

But I still hope for the day when I can drive these models.
The simple beauty of the 405 and 406 is not found in today's beetle-like fat and ugly sedans.
And the lack of many legendary French models in hot hatches is a disservice to the category. This is like the classic muscle car category without Dodge or the sport compact category without Honda.

More to the point, they have released great rally expansions before. But the 90's-00's rally legends in Forza are mostly biased towards Japanese cars and Ford. Peugeot, Citroen, Seat, Skoda, Hyundai, Renault... how great would it be if we could use their cars in the rally expansion?

Time for speculation. We were in Colorado, Southern Europe and Australia for two years each. Then England for three years. We’re now into our third year in Mexico. Will it be another three year stretch here, or will they make this a four year visit? Maybe even go GTA5 and make it ten plus years? How long before FH6? And will they pull a Motorsport and simply call it Forza Horizon?
A reboot of the Colorado map but bigger and less restricted by barriers would be quite fun I think.

I'm in team 2025 for FH6. At this time of FH4's lifetime, the updates that were coming were a lot smaller and contained a lot less cars - we're still getting a lot of content (8+ cars most updates, evolving world/event lab updates etc) to FH5 which signals to me that support for Horizon 5 will continue until the end of the year at least.

Then again, I wouldn't be incredibly shocked if FH6 was announced for this year and FH5 support suddenly stops. Microsoft needs a win, Xbox needs a win. After FH5's success, I'm sure a FH6 in 2024 would have been an easy sell to Phil and co after FH5 released in 2021.

I'd love for them to drop the numbers and treat the open worlds like tracks in any sim racer. Imagine a Forza Horizon where it had;

• Colorado, updated and improved for current gen
  • France/Italy from FH2, updated with seasons
  • Australian from FH3, updated with seasons
  • UK from FH4
  • Mexico from FH5
  • A new location, similar size to FH5's world. with seasons.
It would be amazing, being able to swap between locations in hundreds of cars. The amount of tracks and variety you'd get in the multiplayer racing would be amazing. The single player could be absolutely huge. A pipe dream and probably would never happen, but cool to think about.

I'm intrigued to know what PG's roadmap consists of. I would've thought they'd be going full pelt with Fable (though they did hire a bunch of people beforehand, presumably to keep the teams separate), so I reckon FH5 will be supported for a long time, even longer than FH4. I'd suspect FH6 will be on the new engine and is bound to be Series X/S exclusive, which will undoubtedly take some time as well.

I'm in team 2025 for FH6. At this time of FH4's lifetime, the updates that were coming were a lot smaller and contained a lot less cars - we're still getting a lot of content (8+ cars most updates, evolving world/event lab updates etc) to FH5 which signals to me that support for Horizon 5 will continue until the end of the year at least.

Then again, I wouldn't be incredibly shocked if FH6 was announced for this year and FH5 support suddenly stops. Microsoft needs a win, Xbox needs a win. After FH5's success, I'm sure a FH6 in 2024 would have been an easy sell to Phil and co after FH5 released in 2021.
GTA 6 and Fable are both (supposedly) releasing in 2025. Idk what window Fable releases in, but GTA will probably release in sept - nov, which is basically the average forza release window.

So FH6 would definitely work better for 2024 or 2026. Besides, all we are getting are new cars and decorations, which also consists a lot of dlc packs. Makes me think that a lot of the more recently added cars will be licensed for the next game too.
It's not like we are getting big new features. We will probably have a better picture when nearing the June showcase, as those updates might be more indicative of future plans.

Just bought Premium add-ons.

Only problem I have is with controls, just can't find right settings.
Cars are turning too quickly.

Last edited:
Just bought Premium add-ons.

Only problem I have is with controls, just can't find right settings.
Cars are turning too quickly.
The controls have a lot more of an arcade feel to them than the Motor Sport titles bud. Is this what's tripping you up?

My money is definitely on China next for FH6 and for it to be next year. I just think with the influx of Chinese cars and the potential user base there for MS to tap into it's a no-brainer. But I've been wrong before as Mrs Edax always reminds me 😂😂😂.

Having said that I would personally love South Africa for FH6. I just think as a biome it's perfect.

The controls have a lot more of an arcade feel to them than the Motor Sport titles bud. Is this what's tripping you up?
Problem is that I'm finding steering way to sensitive - and feeling that I don't have car under control.

At FM23 is much better.

Problem is that I'm finding steering way to sensitive - and feeling that I don't have car under control.

At FM23 is much better.
Have a look at paragraph 3 in the attached link. Play about with these settings and see if that helps you.

Have a look at paragraph 3 in the attached link. Play about with these settings and see if that helps you.

I ain't turning my radio off for no one!

Personally speaking I used to alter the deadzones for FH1-3 but since FH4 I haven't had a problem with the out of box settings, especially with 5. For people who do, however, your article seems like a good starting point to me. People also sometimes mention adjusting the trigger settings for a faster response as I think they have deadzones too.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back