Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,888 comments
I really hope this is a subtle hint that trucks/lorries are coming in game 🤞🤞🤞
I'm still thinking this is a sort of 'performance hiding in plain sight' update, buuuuuut now that you mention it an off-road update focusing on super-trucks like the new F-150 Raptor we got in the Race-Off update wouldn't be out of the cards either. When you think performance, you tend not to think of pickups and SUVs, after all.

I think people are overthinking it. I reckon the trucks are just drivable in the Hide and Seek mode and the devs have just used that clip for hype.

I think people are overthinking it. I reckon the trucks are just drivable in the Hide and Seek mode and the devs have just used that clip for hype.
None of them are, actually. This is just a Danger Sign montage with some of the off-roaders in-game.

I remember back in FH4 someone (possibly a modder) actually made a challenge card using the Box Truck. I've played it a few times. The game load the challenge card a bit funky at the start but it works fine after that.

I remember back in FH4 someone (possibly a modder) actually made a challenge card using the Box Truck. I've played it a few times. The game load the challenge card a bit funky at the start but it works fine after that.
I really would love that box truck, an artic or two (with trailer) and a bus available for us to drive.

I think the best I'd ever get out of that wishlist is the Iron Knight returning and the box truck. The size of the other two would I think cause problems with their physical size on the map i.e. in the jungle or narrow in town roads.

Last edited:
This is the only short I uploaded of Forza Horizon 5 so far:

I'm going to try and upload more videos from this game in the near future, hopefully soon.

Last edited:
I can say this everyone, I uploaded this video showcasing a car from the JDM Jewels DLC Pack from July, here's the video I uploaded:

I hope you enjoy this showcase I did of the car.

Last edited:

I'm not sure if this was posted before, but a crazy deep dip style map was created for FH5 by Twisted Knot about a week or so ago.

Got picked up by some of the big racing game streamers and was quite cool to watch.

I haven't tried the map personally yet but there's only been two recorded completions so far, which is crazy.

I hope PG can leverage more of these event lab creations in FH6 - a custom searchable lobby list for event labs would go a long way to get people playing them more (outside of the playlist)

Also - any ideas for what cars are coming in Hidden Horizons? I feel like it could be anything, I'm almost expecting some really weird, out of nowhere, oddball choices from PG.

Also - any ideas for what cars are coming in Hidden Horizons? I feel like it could be anything, I'm almost expecting some really weird, out of nowhere, oddball choices from PG.
At this point I really don't know where to start. Sleepers are probably top of the list, with a theme of 'performance hiding in plain sight', but unless they were to say "here, have another Super Saloon update" with the BMW M5 Competition, the FL5, or another set of Audis, 'sleeper' is so subjective it could be literally anything, including essentially more cars you could lump into High Performance Dailies as it is now.

There's also the possibility of the update just featuring some of the traffic cars from the game, being made fully driveable, like the modern Ford Transit, stock F-150s instead of the Raptors, and maybe (Papa Fernando forbid) an actual Vocho, but... that list is actually quite small now that we've got the Galant and '90s Legacy. All you'd get is the Transit, and that's a small maybe that'd be laughed out of the room the second the theme turns out to be "all the cars from Horizon Mexico's traffic we don't have yet that aren't the fictional cars." In short, I really have no clue.

I'm not sure if this was posted before, but a crazy deep dip style map was created for FH5 by Twisted Knot about a week or so ago.

Got picked up by some of the big racing game streamers and was quite cool to watch.

I haven't tried the map personally yet but there's only been two recorded completions so far, which is crazy.

I hope PG can leverage more of these event lab creations in FH6 - a custom searchable lobby list for event labs would go a long way to get people playing them more (outside of the playlist)

I had a crack at this too and I couldn't even clear the second stage😹

Mid-Series prediction time! Like I said previously, this one's so up in the air with so many different possibilities--sleepers, highly requested supercars, off-road monsters, hell I wouldn't be surprised if we're finally due for a monster 40 point car update--that figuring out where to even begin is absurdly difficult. In the end, I figured, if the last update was just a filler update before this one, then I'd probably be best served for now just working off the last prediction and refining it here and there for any possible contingency. Don't much like it, but it's all I have to go on aside from the Jordan-Doncic collab.

The Hidden Grab Bag

Series Reward: 2020s BMW M5 Competition (This completes the Competition variant set we already have in game. I moved this up to Series Reward from my last prediction mostly because it's the one I'd be most interested in between all the modifications I just made--and it'd flesh out modern BMW probably the best out of all the options here.)
Summer: 2023 Lamborghini Huracan Sterrato (No supercar in the last update? Well, let's make up for that with an off-road juggernaut that's sure to turn heads. The Sterrato wouldn't be the most subtle pick, but man would people go nuts. Consider this my pick for headline car.)
Autumn: 2024 Ford Mustang Mach-E Rally (The Obligatory EV for this update. Out of all the EV SUVs added in recent months, none have really been outright off-road in nature. They've been pushed as cross-country beasts with the right upgrades but they sound tame enough to leave on the track. The Mach-E Rally would change that, an EV rally car hiding behind a crossover SUV body outdoing even the GT Mach-E. If ever there was a poster car for Hidden Horizons, this would be it, but I'm still calling Headline Car for the Sterrato.)
Winter: Hyundai Elantra N (I'm keeping this one around here because we are absolutely due for a street Elantra. It'd be a neat case of performance hiding in plain sight, and you'd get more Hyundai out of this, fitting for today's news about the N Vision.
Spring: 1995 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III (Because what better way to cap this off than a beloved JDM rally legend?)

As for the car pack, since we're probably due for one after we firmly leave filler land... Unless the Jordan-Doncic collab yields more than that 750 horsepower Camaro we're all getting for free (in which highly unlikely case, hoo boy the SP3 Daytona would be quite the unexpected get, alongside Jordan's Venom F5 roadster), I'm expecting something along the lines of FM2023 portbacks of things like the 2000 Prelude. Perhaps more like the JDM Jewels Car Pack than the Acceleration pack, who can say?

Last edited:
Forza Let`s GO!

Attachments

• GWe6muxXUAE4AMm.jpeg
    GWe6muxXUAE4AMm.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 3
Forza Let`s GO!
What the, early teaser--that's a KTM XBow GT4, which we already have, so they're doing Evolving World teasers and hiding the cars from us for now. To be expected, to be honest, and it doesn't change my calculus any, but I do like how the Maze combines elements of the Stunt Arena and the obstacle courses they had for Horizon Creatives, thus making it very much better than the Coffee Shop straight out of the gate. Very interested to see how this one pans out!

Something that’s really missing currently in Forza Horizon 5 are the ATS wheels, especially the ATS Classic. Sadly gone since after Forza Horizon 4.

These wheels were famous on the Player’s Volkswagen Corrado in FH1.

Attachments

• IMG_9817.jpeg
    IMG_9817.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1
With the screenshot of the KTM X-Bow GT4, plus the fact that we have the X-Bow GT2 already, I wonder if this is a sign we'll get the X-Bow GT-XR.
Unlikely. It's just a "suitable" car for the track shown in my opinion.

Unlikely. It's just a "suitable" car for the track shown in my opinion.
I was thinking the same thing. It could be signaling us getting a Track Toys update, but it's significantly more likely they just saw 'supercar in black by default, which is symbolic for hidden' and just used it.

True???

True???
Doubt it personally. Twisters is produced by Universal Pictures, which Playground Games has a standing partnership with, sure, but unlike the Universal Pictures Car Pack carrying things over from Jurassic Park, Back to the Future and Knight Rider, Twister is not known for any famous car scenes. I mean, it's a disaster movie, what do you expect? :P

True???

Looks like someone copied and pasted the car lists for the Twister films from Internet Movie Car Database and made a wishlist car pack

Back