Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
Anyone else have difficulty with some of the Vocho stories?

Some of them don't seem to trigger correctly.

On the plus side Forza support tweeted that fixes were rolling out shortly.

Maybe that will fix the numerous audio/graphical glitches, server issues and freezes.

Last edited:
I'm down to my last seven bonus boards. They're a lot easier to locate with the radio switched off.
Seriously, whoever came up with this... wow!!!
View attachment 1092280
It’s an event lab creation, just north of the dirt events site.
You bet jurass. I predict this bloke has a great future ahead of him in games development.
Just a query, what’s the benefit of getting the photos from the Forza website as opposed to using Xbox share?
I don't know but maybe it's possible to link to the hi res version if they're hosted on the website as opposed to just uploaded. Not sure.

Last edited:
Also, someone was asking about this a couple days ago: you can in fact "un-drift" the Formula Drift cars if you want, they have the parts available to convert them into normal road race cars. I don't know if I'd really recommend it though, since the massive amount of torque they have makes them pretty damn difficult to control, even with AWD conversion and extensive tuning. Experimenting with some of the alternate racing transmissions may help though, I'll have to see if adding an extra gear or two helps to rein them in better.
Following up on this, I've discovered that using semi-slick tires and a 7 speed transmission actually provides much better handling than full slicks and the stock 6 speed. I didn't even really have to change the tire widths any, just increased the fronts a bit to make them more even on front and back. Now that I know that having the extra gear to spread the massive amount of torque around is more important than having extra-grippy tires, this is going to make fiddling with (insert hypercar of the month here) a lot easier in the future.

And even more interestingly, despite the AWD conversion and more grip-focused tuning, the Maloo I've been working with is still a perfectly capable drift car too. I think this might actually be my go-to S1 car now. It Just Works™!

GIes5R0.png

On the plus side Forza support tweeted that fixes were rolling out shortly.

Maybe that will fix the numerous audio/graphical glitches, server issues and freezes.
I really hope so. Had the game crash last night just from deleting Rivals notifications. I‘m pretty much anticipating the game to shut down at literally any moment without warning now. Other than that, I’m having a blast when it works like it‘s supposed to.

Just sharing my own thoughts too.
I have enjoyed this game with all of its amazing visuals and the car selection is still pretty good. I'm definitely am happy that I have a new computer now as I get to have a smoother experience with FH5 on it than how FH4 was on my aging original Xbox One. I mean, I still had a lot of fun on the og XB1, but I really felt like I needed to up my experience this time. As I said I would, I actually got rid of all of my Forza rewards and other cars except for some Forza editions, mainly because I don't want to have a headache trying to earn those again.

I'm having a hard time putting my finger on it, but the game feels more engaging than the previous one this time round. That could be due to it being a new game, but I still feel like I have more things to do that are compelling to me. I guess little things like making the avatar you play as a character. He interracts with the cast instead of just being mute, gives a bit more personality. Once again, it's not going to be a memorable story of course. This isn't something like Red Dead Redemption of The Last of Us. However, it's nice that it's there.

With that said, I'm having some gripes with the game aswell already. As some may feel, the game losing a lot of the cars from FH4 and being down to 500+ feels like a massive hit. Especially with the licensing problems with the Stellantis brands. Part of me is wondering why they could've keep more cars from the previous games. I know they have a licensing budget, but I figured it would be higher at the point. I mean, I recall FM7 having more at launch and Gran Turismo 4 having over 700 cars to license. Sure, some of GT's cars were duplicates, but they still were cars PD had to license each. Maybe the prices have changed since then on some brands? I don't know. Just something that bugs me.

While focusing on the cars, some of the brands still feel like they could use an update such as Audi for instance. The newest car from Audi is from 2016. A lot of new variants of existing models alongside new generations have come out since then. The RS3, R8 facelift, TTRS Coupe, the new RS6 Avant, new RS7, RS5, and not to mention the lack of older cars. It's really wierd they didn't add any as some cars like the TT RS and RS3 would make for great rival cars to the newer BMWs they added. Mayb

Outside of my ranting about the car list, there were other gripes. One of them are the server problems, I can't maintain a solid connection to the online servers. It's also annoying that I can't access the Forzathon shop and make use of the points I earned. I also have noticed issues with the Drivatar AI, they don't feel quite balanced. I can pass some easily, but one or two somehow get far ahead.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm still burned out on Forza Horizon from playing FH4 too much but I don't find this game as fun as I had hoped. I keep playing thinking it must get better soon with all those great reviews. I think it is just too much of the same. It does not feel like a new game, feels like FH 4.1 or something.

If this was my first Forza Horizon I think I would love it but now it just do not feel fresh or exciting. Too much of the same, only on a new map.

Maybe I was expecting too much because of great reviews. Overall disappointing game for me but probably a very great game for someone who is not somewhat tired of the franchise.

Also I can't use any of my wheels on PC so it did not get off to a good start with major showstopping bug right at the beginning.

I finally had a full crash of the game after about eight straight hours of playing. And just as Alejandra was about to help me open up another barn find.
Ferrari 250 GTO

Oh thank goodness, I nearly dropped money (or at least a car voucher) on this one. In my game it was the male Alex who unveiled this one, not Alejandra, though.

My game has crashed a few times. I reckon it's server related as the fault seems to be platform independent.

Finally got to hear Degs's own track on Hospital. Wow, his singing voice is really mellow, love this. All the stations have good tracks this time around (speaking as someone who usually generally despises Pulse).

Last edited:
You're in for a treat, hope you have decent pc to experience the games incredible visuals at smooth frame rate.
Thanks. :) To the best of my knowledge, my Lenovo Y540 with its i7-9750H, 16GB RAM, and GTX 1660ti should be sufficient. Of course, I'm not so naïve to expect no problems with a new PC game, either. :P

The inconsistency of which cars Forza chooses to let us drive topless is infuriating. Why can't I drive the Lotus Exige, Koenigsegg Regera, 2020 Bronco etc. topless when they all have functioning topless features in Forzavista?
Probably becuase they're targa tops where the roof needs to be physically removed manually

and I just remembered one other thing that annoys me about FH5. Haley (or whatever her name is) keeps interrupting me whenever I have a new expedition unlocked. Yesterday, I was in the middle of trying to this long drift zone and just as I get near the end, BAM there she is popping up a menu telling me to pick a new expedition! She ruined my run! I was flippin' mad.

If FH2 in the 360 turned you off from the franchise I don't blame you. That really was an ill advised port. FH2 in the Xbox One is a gem.
It was the opposite, actually! I enjoyed FH2 on XB360 more than my sampling of the title on XBone, in spite of its glaring rough edges. Why? Because the handling was more akin to FH1, upon which it was built. There is no arguing with the fact that it's a shoddy game, but I enjoyed it more where it counts the most.

So, part of the problem is that the series moved forward with the handling characteristics I didn't appreciate in FH2 on the XBone. I intend to review this with regard to FH5, naturally.
and I just remembered one other thing that annoys me about FH5. Haley (or whatever her name is) keeps interrupting me whenever I have a new expedition unlocked. Yesterday, I was in the middle of trying to this long drift zone and just as I get near the end, BAM there she is popping up a menu telling me to pick a new expedition! She ruined my run! I was flippin' mad.
Ahh, some things never change, do they? :lol:

This is probably the most annoying feature of the game so far. I dread seeing the new chapter unlocked notification 'cos I know what's coming.

Haley getting more and more peeved as I continued to bank all my upgrades is kind of amusing though and the mariachi music is kinda cute.

Got my hands full with the dirt racing at the moment. I'll unlock the rest when I'm good and ready.

The Ride And Seek achievement unlocked for me with only 573/578 roads completed. Apparently this was the case with FH4's Noisy Cartographer as well although I didn't notice at the time.

Last edited:
We've just sent a Community Team Message to the News tab in the game message center: a server-side fix has been implemented to improve connection issues with Horizon Life. If anyone is still experiencing any disconnections please continue to check on the Known Issues list at Forza Support and use the link at the bottom of any article to Submit a Ticket with your details. Tickets help the developers diagnose and address the issues so we can get everyone up and running smoothly as soon as possible. Thanks for everyone's patience while we work through the list.

i noticed a bug with horizon arcade's accolade. sometimes not counting the first round u beat. gonna take a while to get the lotus evija for free then...

Back