Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
I've been seriously enjoying the game so far.

However, I've had two crashes, one of which froze the PC completely.

And what's with the replay bug (car just redlines), at 60 FPS, still not being fixed? To my understanding, it's an issue since FH3.

Anyone with premium got a free house?
I thought we get one free house, basically same as with one free car, a voucher.
The Casa Bella is just the standard house everyone gets.
I have now unlocked the Buenas Vistas, but I still need to purchase it. I thought I would be able to get one house for free?
There’s one roughly in the middle of the map surrounded by events that is the VIP free house. Normally would be 1.5mill. Can’t remember what it’s called though.

Last edited:
I thought we get one free house, basically same as with one free car, a voucher.
I have now unlocked the Buenas Vistas, but I still need to purchase it. I thought I would be able to get one house for free?
There is a house called La Casa Solariega which located next to the temples at Teotihuacan, close to the centre of the map, which is free as part of the VIP Membership and has Double Forzathon points. I'm sure there is one of the far right hand side of the map where the coastal village is that is also a free property but isn't showing up for me now despite showing yesterday.

Also thanks for the advice Wangan Dream.

Last edited:
If someone likes your design or tune, you'll receive kudos.
Someone asked a question in the 'Link' feature, ("Has any one seen a barn?"). I had the option to respond, "Hey, username, I marked it on your map". I received a Kudos a short time after that. I did nothing but reply, but my guess is that by replying it marked it on his map.

Everyone go do the Horizon Rush outpost opening thingie. Like, now. It's hilarious.
I'm genuinely upset that you can only experience this once. I'd love it if there was a Horizon Story where you go to random parties across the map and partake in various car-related shenanigans.

@440 CHARGER you on PC? I had this problem, it appears to be that the game is stuck in surround sound mode so stereo speakers only have two out of the 6 or 8 channels the game is outputting - you can test that this is the problem by parking perpendicular to a road and listening to cars as they drive by, they go almost silent as they pass directly in front of you because you don't have a centre channel.

I initially fixed this by putting my Logitech G Pro X headset in surround sound mode but when that stopped working, I got the free trial of Dolby Atmos and that works fine. I'll wait and see if they patch it before the free week expires but to be fair Atmos does sound great so I might just buy a license anyway.

I got 3 free houses in total : the starter house, the VIP house and the 3rd came free with the welcome pack.

I took some notes to work on it, but i still need studying this more. My problem is that, after the introduction, the game splits the funneling of players towards the first leaderboard(s). (i'm not even sur that both have LB, since i played only the Vecho one).
All i know is that, so far, at least 295,000 players played the game. Ooops, sorry, that changed to 297,000 ;)
Hall of fame tracking all players in game, 8 hours ago there were 800k accounts

I feel a little disappointed with the sound mix, as mentioned by a couple of others. That sandstorm sticks around too damn long over too big a part of the map, so that's one area where you can't hear your car. The festival is loud so you can't hear it clearly there either. Then when you are away from either of those, the mix just isn't guttural enough for the engine and exhaust sound, despite adjusting sliders.

It plays good, but it's already feeling same old, same old in some ways.

In the Weekly Forzathon, I'm driving the 2003 Nissan 350Z, Step 1. But the 2nd one says earn 9 stars in Drift Zones. I drove all over, I can't find any? I did a Forzathon thing and me and another user failed to come up with the points in Drift Zone. But I can't for the life of me find it again. Does anyone know where there is a drift zone. None show up in my map search.
At least it works for you. I got the 350Z from a wheelspin and it doesn't count for the first part.

Now I know why Don Thompson decided to skip this one... the sultry lady DJ of Eterna would have eaten him alive! :D (Now seriously, I hope there wasn't an issue with the voice actor and that he's OK). And playing Eliminator with Holst's Mars Bringer of War in the background really is something else!
I picture her as the Mrs. Thompson that Don has been talking about all these years.

Oh Don, the saucy secrets you've been keeping... 🤪

At least it works for you. I got the 350Z from a wheelspin and it doesn't count for the first part.
I just bought mine from the Auto show. I still havent figured out to get the Drift Zones. Every time one of those vents opens up on the map, it disappears before I can get in my car and go. I liked the way in FH4 you could just change car in the start menu instantly

Is anyone else having trouble with the "Statues Beneath Blue Water" accolade in the Cascadas chapter of the El Camino story? I've seen the statues, I've successfully photographed the temple and 3 statues in it multiple times and the accolade just won't flag as complete. What am I missing???

Edit: I am am absolute fool. I figured it out.

Last edited:
You can get the Diablo GTR from the Diablo SV’s tree. :)

DF623EFD-ABF8-4328-86AA-7285D6083454.png

You can get the Diablo GTR from the Diablo SV’s tree. :)

View attachment 1092217
I figured they were going to hide some cars in other cars' skill trees again. At least they're not a ridiculous 99 points this time.

On that note, I noticed a lot of cars also have the perk that gives extra Forzathon points, which is both exceptionally useful and another welcome reason to have more variety in vehicles for different game modes.

Last edited:
A COUPLE EARLY IMPRESSIONS:

+Wheel handling feels a LOT better than the limited time I played FH4 with it -- I've got a Logitech G920 and it's pretty fun, especially with grippy downforce-heavy high-speed cars. I admit I haven't had a lot of experience with a wheel in anything other than a hardcore sim, and I'm trying to transfer some of those skills to the more freewheeling wacky Horizon style of driving that I previously mastered on the controller. I suppose the real test is going to come when I try to wrangle a high-powered '60s RWD muscle car. Then the real real test will come when I try drift zones. If I have trouble countersteering I'll at least be more confident that it's a me problem and/or a settings tweak rather than a hopeless situation.

+The story structure actually feels pretty chill and ideal for getting used to wheel driving, since I don't have to worry too much about winning tons of races or tuning my cars. I feel like I could just finish all the stuff involving driving someone else's car for accolades and story progression before even stepping into a car I've purchased and customized, which kind of makes it feel like two different games: the "bomb around Mexico expanding the festival and meeting all kinds of characters" part, and the "you are racing your car against other racers" part. It's easy enough to go from one of those vibes to the other, but being able to pace it out so I feel like I'm doing an hours-long prelude to the real competitive-racing heart of the game is an interesting change of pace.

+It's an amazing shift scenery-wise from FH4 and if I hadn't spent so much time playing FH3 I'd probably be too busy gawking in first gear than tearing around everywhere. Absolutely what I want from an open-world racing environment and I haven't even gone too deep into the offroad Baja, canyons, or Guanajuato yet.

+game pretty? Game very pretty

-It's kinda buggy on my gaming PC, posting this after a hard crash tearing around in my S2-upgraded BAC Mono on my way to smash that Horizon Festival speed trap goal. Oh well.

-My Logitech's got Xbox buttons on it, why not give me the option to use Xbox button prompts when I'm driving with a wheel? I don't remember which button is "5", c'mon

-Kind of expected a little more from customization, like I wish I could give all the (or at least a lot of) tuner/sports cars the 350Z Horizon Edition lifted/fat tires/rally lights treatment.

-I've never been huge on online play but jeez do I miss all that always-online potential when the "always" turns out to be "intermittently"

-Seconding the talk about weak sound -- I don't have a state-of-the-art home theater setup but I've got some pretty nice stereo speakers and I feel like they might not be doing the game justice? Could just be me needing to pick a different setting but I don't know, I just wanna do donuts in a Camaro

-pls come back Alfa GTA + Lancia Stratos aw dang it

Oh, another problem: I have three monitors on my PC, two for general work/desktop stuff and then one in another corner of the room where I've got my wheel setup. Every single time I boot up FH5, it starts up in Monitor 1, even though I keep moving it to Monitor 3, and there doesn't appear to be an option under video/graphics to specify which monitor to use? Ugh.

Since Clubs in game now runs off the Clubs feature Xbox has, I went ahead and made a club for GTP. Just search in game for GTPlanet and it should be there - request to join and I will add you.
Thank You! I didn't know that. GTP has always been there, so it was a little strange that it wasn't there when I searched.

I’ve got this weird bug in Horizon Solo where I have in free roam not a single car on the road. No drivatars and no traffic. Not the best for immersion but I’m loving it for skill chains so those kamikaze nut heads don‘t break my chains. Works great as well for speed traps and approaching speed zones. Ooh and even my street scene races have no traffic in them either.

Back