Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,119 comments
What did people think the Tsuru was going to do?? It's a people's car, a utility machine built for transporting a family at the cheapest possible price.

On a completely unrelated note, the largest displacement engine ever put in an American production car goes to the 2013 Dodge SRT Viper, which we have. But what about the second biggest???

The 1970 Cadillac El Dorado. I've wanted this beast for a long time. 8.2 Liter V8 and it's Front Wheel Drive
20220625_133811-1280x954-1.jpg

Last edited:
What did people think the Tsuru was going to do?? It's a people's car, a utility machine built for transporting a family at the cheapest possible price.
Beetle, Mini, Corolla, and even going back in time to the Ford Model T...history has proven that nothing inspires creativity and transforms into a variety of styles like the "people's car."
So it's understandable that people wanted to make this car more unique and original, not only in terms of performance but also in appearance.

Also, the fact that PG had so many engine swaps available for this car shows that they themselves envisioned and encouraged this kind of play.
And I posted earlier, Tsuru can only fit tires up to a maximum of 225 width.
On the other hand, many engine swap options have excessive performance that clearly exceeds the capacity of their tires, and a wide body kit is essential to effectively utilize that performance. And they actually have precedent for doing that with Wuling.

Well, I think the strong abuse seen on reddit is overkill...

Last edited:
I mean, I can understand where people are coming from regarding no visual customization for the Tsuru apart from the taxi stuff. With such a huge following and all the memes in the world, you'd think they'd give at least their own widebody kit or something.

PG gave the iX and i4 widebody kits to make them more appealing since no one asked for those cars and to make the obvious product placement less trash, but really couldn't do it for the Tsuru? And I'm sure there are official parts they could've added for it.

Seeing the Tsuru gives me a bit of hope to see city cars like that in a Forza game. It would be nice to have that as a starter car and work your way up.

Anyway, since the Tsuru is now off the list, I bet the next most requested car is the SLR McLaren.

That is correct, it is the SLR! I will post the top 35 most requested overall cars below, since the list in the Forza Forums has not been updated yet with lots of already added cars in the game already still on there.

1. Mercedes SLR McLaren 2019 votes
    2. Fiat Uno 1717 votes
    3. Toyota Yaris 1515 votes
    4. Koenigsegg Gemera 1361 votes
    5. Bugatti Bolide 1222 votes
    6. Toyota Chaser (X100) 1111 votes
    7. Maserati MC20 1111 votes
    8. Toyota Altezza 1023 votes
    9. Fiat Multipla 1000Tipla 987 votes
    10. Gumpert Apollo 903 votes
    11. Lamborghini Revuelto 790 votes
    12. Honda Civic 1992-1995 756 votes
    13. Aston Martin Valkyrie 751 votes
    14. Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4 720 votes
    15. Kia Stinger 687 votes
    16. Porsche 911 (992) 675 votes
    17. Volkswagen W12 concepts(Nardo, Synchro) 648 votes
    18. De Tomaso Pantera 640 votes
    19. Nissan 300ZX (Fairlady Z31) 629 votes
    20. Suzuki Cappuccino 628 votes
    21. Ford Mustang Gen 7 604 votes
    22. Ram pickup 2018-current 599 votes
    23. Ferrari Daytona SP3 560 votes
    24. Koenigsegg CC850 536 votes
    25. Hyundai N Vision 74 concept 509 votes
    26. SSC Tuatara 500 votes
    27. Audi Q8 / SQ8 / RS Q8 500 votes
    28. Ford Mustang 2005-2014 479 votes
    29. Dacia Sandero Gen3 472 votes
    30. Dodge Neon 2000-2005 (SRT-4) 470 votes
    31. Ferrari Purosangue 466 votes
    32. Renault Espace F1 463 votes
    33. Yangwang U9 461 votes
    34. Mercedes S-Class (W223/V223) 460 votes
    35. Ford Mustang 1994-2004 457 votes
    [*]

And here is the top 25 most requested new to the franchise cars, with legacy ones removed. I also removed the 992 911 from the list to round it up to 25 but we're eventually bound to get more versions of it anyway.

1. Fiat Uno 1717 votes
    2. Toyota Yaris 1515 votes
    3. Koenigsegg Gemera 1361 votes
    4. Bugatti Bolide 1222 votes
    5. Toyota Chaser (X100) 1111 votes
    6. Maserati MC20 1111 votes
    7. Fiat Multipla 1000Tipla 987 votes
    8. Lamborghini Revuelto 790 votes
    9. Aston Martin Valkyrie 751 votes
    10. Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4 720 votes
    11. Volkswagen W12 concepts(Nardo, Synchro) 648 votes
    12. Nissan 300ZX (Fairlady Z31) 629 votes
    13. Suzuki Cappuccino 628 votes
    14. Ford Mustang Gen 7 604 votes
    15. Ram pickup 2018-current 599 votes
    16. Ferrari Daytona SP3 560 votes
    17. Koenigsegg CC850 536 votes
    18. Hyundai N Vision 74 concept 509 votes
    19. SSC Tuatara 500 votes
    20. Audi Q8 / SQ8 / RS Q8 500 votes
    21. Dacia Sandero Gen3 472 votes
    22. Ferrari Purosangue 466 votes
    23. Renault Espace F1 463 votes
    24. Yangwang U9 461 votes
    25. Mercedes S-Class (W223/V223) 460 votes
    [*]

I'd say nothing too spectacular about the list. We got meme cars, we got muscle cars, we got supercars, the lot really. Though I do like that the RSQ8 has more votes then the Purosangue, making it the most requested SUV :D

And I believe with the next update, they'll knock the new Mustang and the SN95 Mustang from the list, with the possibility of the TRX coming as well. And then I hope guess that the MC20 will be the Christmas special car.

I like the Tsuru. There's plenty of room in the game for everyday cars along the Supercars. Not everyone is going to like all the cars in the game, but I think it's the variety of cars that FH games provide that's a huge part of their appeal.

Life would be boring if we all liked the same things, I truly don't understand parts of the internet at times.

Question Time team.

I bought the new car pack yesterday evening and the cars are still not showing in game. I know the dev's said there was an issue with the cars being delivered in game but we're past the date of the supposed fix.

I've still not received the cars even though the game says I own them. Has anyone here received the cars yet?

Question Time team.

I bought the new car pack yesterday evening and the cars are still not showing in game. I know the dev's said there was an issue with the cars being delivered in game but we're past the date of the supposed fix.

I've still not received the cars even though the game says I own them. Has anyone here received the cars yet?

Check in the Autoshow, that's where they were for me.

Isn't that game about driving big rigs though? But yeah, I'm also an avid ATS player, just as you (hence why my avatars are of personal ATS and ETS2 pics). Same with ETS2 since the West Balkans DLC is coming out next week. Waited quite a long time though, because the previous expansion (hint: white, blue, red) will never be released due to the horrible ongoing situation.
I've given my share of constructive feedback (that includes even some wishlist items) to the Czech studio that makes these games, SCS Software. I follow their blogs on a consistent basis.

I should have stated in my post that the excitement to have it is that I'm an International Lone Star driver on ATS, so having another of their trucks in Forza would be neat. I could match the paintwork.

rsz_20230909120143_1.png

This week's Trial was quite annoying. I had a group where all the humans took fast builds with poor cornering. So nobody was capable of braking for a corner and they kept slamming into me and slowing me down since my build wasn't as fast on the straights but was good in the corners.

I ended up giving up on the Trial and just grabbed other points instead :(

Last edited:
So nobody was capable of braking for a corner and they kept slamming into me and slowing me down

THIS is what human players ALWAYS do in The Trial since like forever. No brain and no brakes detected. They do not even realise that they are way slower with that driving "technique" lulz

THIS is what human players ALWAYS do in The Trial since like forever. No brain and no brakes detected. They do not even realise that they are way slower with that driving "technique" lulz
Yeah, however normally in the trial cars have enough power to not lose huge amounts of time doing that. B class FWD cars don't work like that, so the Trial this week is annoying.

For me the biggest annoyance was not having enough PI to get acceleration/launch up high enough, so getting caught by the humans too quickly and not being able to escape :(

Last edited:
This week's Trial was quite annoying. I had a group where all the humans took fast builds with poor cornering. So nobody was capable of braking for a corner and they kept slamming into me and slowing me down since my build wasn't as fast on the straights but was good in the corners.

I ended up giving up on the Trial and just grabbed other points instead :(
I've had pretty good Trial luck but I too found this week a bit difficult. I took the brand-new DLC Golf R puts on shades and while it drove well, my teammates beside one who drove a Beetle were on the slow side. One also forgot to upgrade their Mk6 Golf R. For the first race, it took me two laps to get to the leading AI, and then it was down to my aggressive blocking. Luckily my team caught up thanks to me, and we got the top 4 spots (and bottom two). The second race wasn't as bad; although the AI waltzed into me as I tried to pass them at the start, I caught up by the end of the first lap. My blocking secured the top 5 for my team by lap 3. My streak of only needing to do the Trial once continues!

I see that reddit has already starting calling the Tsuru a let down.

I gave my Tsuru the racing V12 swap, twin turbos, all engine upgrades, a racing transmission for an extra gear, and nothing else, retaining FWD. It's not even to the top of B-class, but I got it to 220 MPH along the main drag strip! The wheelspin and understeer are hilarious and make the car totally useless for racing, as is expected for an FWD car with 1000+ HP, but I love that you can do that anyway and the opportunity to do that made the Tsuru worth all the hype.

Last edited:
It took me three tries to finally win the Trial this week. The first three AI cars were surprisingly fast, and our human team had nothing for them. I forget which version of the Golf I used except it was the one that got a new widebody kit in the last year at the same time the Veloster did. Finally in the third try, one of our team managed to get second and then blocked enough to let the rest of us gain enough positions to win two out of three races. It’s the hardest I’ve worked at the Trial in quite a while.

It took me three tries to finally win the Trial this week. The first three AI cars were surprisingly fast, and our human team had nothing for them. I forget which version of the Golf I used except it was the one that got a new widebody kit in the last year at the same time the Veloster did. Finally in the third try, one of our team managed to get second and then blocked enough to let the rest of us gain enough positions to win two out of three races. It’s the hardest I’ve worked at the Trial in quite a while.
Yeah the AI in this trial is way too damn fast. I tried twice last night and both times my time snagged the second race but lost the first and third I said forget it after that. I'll try on last time today if all else fails I'll just do seasonal championship races for 5pts.

Incredible fact: By the time the last batch of Tsurus (B12 Sentras) rolled out from the factory in 2017, 4 generations of Sentras (B14 to B17) had been sold side by side! However, since the car went upscale with each successive generation, an affordable model was needed to replace it.

This task went to the Versa C11 (2006-2012) and N17 model (2012) which, like the Tsuru, is still being produced here as a stripped base model (for taxi/Uber drivers mostly), well after being phased out elsewhere.

Another Nissan model that attempted to fill the Tsuru market niche is the Nissan March, specifically the K13 fourth generation from 2010 which is still going on with a 2021 facelift here and in other Latin American markets, that has effectively prevented the sale of the fifth generation (K14) in Mexico.

Last edited:
Incredible fact: By the time the last batch of Tsurus (B12 Sentras) rolled out from the factory in 2017, 4 generations of Sentras (B14 to B17) were sold side by side! However, since the car went upscale with each successive generation, an affordable model was needed to replace it.

This task went to the Versa C11 (2006-2012) and N17 model (2012) which, like the Tsuru, is still being produced here as a stripped base model (for taxi/Uber drivers mostly) well after being phased out elsewhere.

Another Nissan model that attempted to fill the Tsuru market niche is the Nissan March, specifically the K13 fourth generation from 2010 which is still going on with a 2021 facelift here and in other Latin American markets, that has effectively prevented the sale of the fifth generation (K14) here.
Since the announcement of Forza Horizon 5 in 2021, I have been researching the best-selling cars in Mexico to find out which cars are most likely to appear in the game. Of course, the Tsuru was the first one that caught my attention (I had never heard of it), but so was the Versa. It has been the best-selling car in your country since 2016 if I'm not mistaken.

So I bet it would be in the game, in 2021 it completed 6 years as the best-selling car and continues to be so until this year.

It's a shame he never got a lot of votes on the Forza forum, but I would really like him in the game. Not because Versa was manufactured here in Brazil either, but because it better represents Mexico.

Just as I think the 2003 Vocho, the last Beetle in the world, should be in the game.

Back