Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,952 comments
The MC20 is my genuine pick for this; if they add it it'll probably be in the same update cycle as FM's MC20 so that both FH5 and FM can get it at close to the same time. From there... I dunno, Dia de Muertos had a running theme of Mexican automotive legends to pair with the Tsuru, whether rebuilt for the modern day (like the Bronco Raptor or the Meyers Manx 2.0) or otherwise. Modern Horizons could well be just a marketing partner update where we get the MC20 and more cars from Stellantis--like the Race-Off with Ford or Horizon Customs with BMW--but at the same time... what else could you add alongside the MC20 in the playlist?
Levante Trofeo maybe? The Grecale if they want more crossovers?

02-maserati-grecale-trofeo-1646772042.jpg

I would love a Quattroporte though, FH5 is seriously lacking in Maserati's, even compared to FH4

ezgif.com-gif-maker-2022-09-12T122158.491.jpg

Levante Trofeo maybe? The Grecale if they want more crossovers?

02-maserati-grecale-trofeo-1646772042.jpg

I would love a Quattroporte though, FH5 is seriously lacking in Maserati's, even compared to FH4

ezgif.com-gif-maker-2022-09-12T122158.491.jpg
The Levante Trofeo would be a good fit, yeah, especially if they need an off-road reward that isn't, like, an addition to the Impreza and Lanevo-filled Modern Rally class. It's even the sort of 'post-facelift' addition you'd be getting with, say, the 2020 Audi R8.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they went ahead and added more cars from Stellantis's American side, like the Dodge Hornet or a non-Fast and Furious'd 2020s Charger or Challenger--but considering we're getting our first actual Citreon (which I just learned is a Stellantis brand alongside Peugeot) almost a week from now, we might see returning Citreons and Peugeots instead. There's plenty of options they can go with.

1717449086215.png

The 2017 Lincoln Continental did appear in Forza Motorsport 7, I remembered.
You remember correctly. Unfortunately the last Continental rolled off the line in 2020. Lincoln has no need to promote it anymore, so it seems unlikely we’ll get it in Horizon. On the other hand, the Lincoln Z has been in production in China since 2022, so there’s a (very) small hope we could get that.
IMG_5575.jpeg

Last edited:
Modern Horizons could well be just a marketing partner update where we get the MC20 and more cars from Stellantis--like the Race-Off with Ford or Horizon Customs with BMW--but at the same time... what else could you add alongside the MC20 in the playlist?
Say hello to my little friend.

1717525859851.png

(Tbh, while suggesting they may add the newly-announced Ypsilon HF to the game seems like a huge stretch, there's plenty of Stellantis cars, old and new, that they could add... And some which already appeared in the Dead Sea Scrolls)

Last edited:

Now I know it's unlikely we'll see anything about FH6 in the Xbox Games Showcase, but what are the chances of seeing something for FH5?

FH is one of Xbox's biggest franchises, last year we didn't get anything from XGS, is it possible we see something from PG event if it is very small?

Perhaps we could get a short trailer for the Modern Horizons update or the Modern Horizons Car Pack, if there is one.

Or on the very unlikely side - could we perhaps see a teaser for a future FH5 update, one like Event Lab Island?

Expecting nothing but would be nice to get a little surprise, pretty please PG!

The only Horizon related thing I see happening during the showcase is a potential PlayStation port announcement for FH5. Playground will most likely showcase gameplay of Fable 4 finally as they’ve been working on that for years

Now I know it's unlikely we'll see anything about FH6 in the Xbox Games Showcase, but what are the chances of seeing something for FH5?

FH is one of Xbox's biggest franchises, last year we didn't get anything from XGS, is it possible we see something from PG event if it is very small?

Perhaps we could get a short trailer for the Modern Horizons update or the Modern Horizons Car Pack, if there is one.

Or on the very unlikely side - could we perhaps see a teaser for a future FH5 update, one like Event Lab Island?

Expecting nothing but would be nice to get a little surprise, pretty please PG!
I don't think we'll get any FH5 info bud. To showcase a 3 year old game would just show a lack of ambition in my opinion and give internet keyboard warriors more reason to decry the death of Xbox.

There's an outside chance of FH6 news, but it probably won't be more than the location (I really want South Africa, but I think it will be China).

We've got at least another 12 months of FH5 yet I reckon. I base that on our new radio station. I don't think the Devs would go to the trouble and expense of sourcing and licensing the music for a new game to out in 6 months.

I have a feeling the most requested car coming up is the GR Yaris or GR corolla.
It's only labeled as 'highly requested,' not 'most requested.' That means it's at least from the top five or so highest requested cars rather than the absolute tippy-top. Hence, why I'm thinking it's the MC20, it would fit that bill so incredibly well I'd be surprised if it was the Yaris.
The only Horizon related thing I see happening during the showcase is a potential PlayStation port announcement for FH5. Playground will most likely showcase gameplay of Fable 4 finally as they’ve been working on that for years
I think this is most likely it, though if I'm being honest FH coming to PlayStation would probably only happen with FH6 rather than FH5. It's just too late in the game for PlayStation folks to come in and start completely catching up with the Xbox and PC crowd in terms of cars, it'd be better for everyone to start fresh.

Although, heh, with Series 36's coffee shop theme leaking, it's certainly possible they'd do that to celebrate the port, what with GT7 including Cars and Coffee as a major part of that game's experience. I'm just siding with the 'Horizon Story drop' theory because we are definitely due for it now.

I think this is most likely it, though if I'm being honest FH coming to PlayStation would probably only happen with FH6 rather than FH5
Why not drop FH5 for PS and FH6 for everyone else in one day? H5 would sell like hotcakes anyway and you not kicking your platform in the nuts.

Why not drop FH5 for PS and FH6 for everyone else in one day? H5 would sell like hotcakes anyway and you not kicking your platform in the nuts.
This is a good point! The major thing I see with this is that there's at least 120 cars (possibly including any future car pack we might be hearing about on the 17th or even the 14th) available as paid DLC content in some form, either in the two expansions, the car packs or in the Car Pass, plus however many we've been getting as FOMO Playlist rewards, of which there's gotta be at least 200 by now. With FH5 closing in on at least 860 cars total, including the Extreme Es--that's 300 or so being added over the course of two and a half years--it would be difficult for PlayStation to catch up without paying up.

Plus, there's that whole matter of Sea of Thieves and Grounded being live service games that don't have as much content to miss out on in comparison to FH5 or even FM2023, so it's probably more likely they'll just make the multiplatform leap with 6 instead of porting 5 over.

This is a good point! The major thing I see with this is that there's at least 120 cars (possibly including any future car pack we might be hearing about on the 17th or even the 14th) available as paid DLC content in some form, either in the two expansions, the car packs or in the Car Pass, plus however many we've been getting as FOMO Playlist rewards, of which there's gotta be at least 200 by now. With FH5 closing in on at least 860 cars total, including the Extreme Es--that's 300 or so being added over the course of two and a half years--it would be difficult for PlayStation to catch up without paying up.

Plus, there's that whole matter of Sea of Thieves and Grounded being live service games that don't have as much content to miss out on in comparison to FH5 or even FM2023, so it's probably more likely they'll just make the multiplatform leap with 6 instead of porting 5 over.
Just introduce backstage passes that can be purchased 1 per week. These should be able to buy 1 car (or repeat/duplicate of any 1 car) that was a reward in any prior series update. Make it like 500-1000 FP depending on whether it was a 20pt or 40pt reward car.

Very simple solution to reduce FOMO, but also introduce a new way to purchase cars that won't be overinflated like credits.

Last edited:
Say hello to my little friend.

View attachment 1361968

(Tbh, while suggesting they may add the newly-announced Ypsilon HF to the game seems like a huge stretch, there's plenty of Stellantis cars, old and new, that they could add... And some which already appeared in the Dead Sea Scrolls)
Don't forget also the possibility of adding a Giulia GTAm or the new 33 Stradale if they do a collab with Stellantis.
I find the lack of Maseratis quite sad in comparison with the 4 Chapter of Horizon. I miss also the Normal MC12, one of my favourite cars from the Tridente of Bologna.
Where's my AG6 Berlinetta Pininfarina or the Birdcage? :-( (I know personaly the man who have the real cars scanned by T10/Playground Games, the collection Panini of Modena, and he said to me that T10 have scanned also the other Maseratis in that collection)

I think this is most likely it, though if I'm being honest FH coming to PlayStation would probably only happen with FH6 rather than FH5. It's just too late in the game for PlayStation folks to come in and start completely catching up with the Xbox and PC crowd in terms of cars, it'd be better for everyone to start fresh.

Although, heh, with Series 36's coffee shop theme leaking, it's certainly possible they'd do that to celebrate the port, what with GT7 including Cars and Coffee as a major part of that game's experience. I'm just siding with the 'Horizon Story drop' theory because we are definitely due for it now.
This happened with forza horizon 4, it arrived on Steam in 2021. last year of forza horizon 4.

Why? Horizon 5 was 3 years ago, should be enough time to make FH6. FH3&4 were built in 2y, FH5 in 3(covid) and innovative 6 should also arrive in 3 full-time years, IMO.
It's not out of the realm of possibility. But here's a few factors as to why I think it'll be 2025/26, not 2024 for FH6.

• Mike Brown and 6 other senior staff leaving the PG Forza team in 2022. People already speculate the impact this has had on FH5 updates, but it's undoubtedly affected FH6, considering it's the creative director's/senior managements vision that shapes the game. We don't actually know who the new creative director is for the Forza team at the moment - probably a sign that FH6 isn't close to being done
  • Still strong updates coming out for FH5. As @Edax 76 said, why add a radio station into the game so late in it's life cycle only for them bring out a new game 5/6 months later?
  • The Fable Effect. As production ramps up for Fable, who knows how many resources PG has needed to pull from the Forza team to get Fable out in a timely manner? There has been numerous examples of devs moving from the Forza team to the Fable team, and I would be surprised if that has had no effect on FH6's timeline for development.
I don't think we'll get any FH5 info bud. To showcase a 3 year old game would just show a lack of ambition in my opinion and give internet keyboard warriors more reason to decry the death of Xbox.

There's an outside chance of FH6 news, but it probably won't be more than the location (I really want South Africa, but I think it will be China).

We've got at least another 12 months of FH5 yet I reckon. I base that on our new radio station. I don't think the Devs would go to the trouble and expense of sourcing and licensing the music for a new game to out in 6 months.
Fair point - I guess the counter argument is that showing off a 3 year old game (and the updates it's still getting) shows a commitment to live service games unlike that of Sony.

I mean look at Sea of Thieves as an example. Has been showcased for years and years at Xbox events after it's release in 2018. That game came out before even FH4 did!

Anyway, I do agree, it is very unlikely we see FH5 at the XGS. I'm just forever hopeful of getting 1 more bigger update for this FH5 - despite that probably not going to happen!

Last edited:
The case of FH5 is somewhat different, because showing it off at this point casts serious doubt over FM 2023.

If they do anything for Forza, it could be something showcasing FM 2023 update plans, for example RTGI being implemented.

If they do anything for Forza, it could be something showcasing FM 2023 update plans, for example RTGI being implemented.
The rest of the year better be big for Forza Motorsport. The game is by no means dead, but it needs some strong momentum to recover.

FH6 will also have high expectations, but second half of 2025 could mean clashing with Fable and/or GTA 6. It is not impossible that Microsoft/XBOX/PGG move it to first half of 2025 (which is doable as FH5 has built up a lot of momentum since mid 2023) or early 2026 which seems more difficult as FH5 will need another year and a half of updates at the minimum.

This might also be an opportunity for a potential 3rd expansion at the end of this year, to prolong the life of the game into 2026, but that is very unlikely.
Fable (at least according to unsubstantiated rumors) will not be coming out this year, as it only started full production roughly a year ago. It might come out sometime in 2025.

As for why they bothered adding a new radio station? I don't know, but usually updates are planned well in advanced, and these songs might have already been licensed for FH5 a while back.
Similarly right when FH5 was announced (June 2021), FH4 got Super7 High stakes as a game mode, while getting new cars to game as well. It was also the last time the game got a new car.

Forza Horizon 6 within the next 12 months makes the most sense for a potential launch window to me at least. But there are also no rumors of any FH presence this time at the showcase. FH5 announcement and Mexico being a location were both leaked a week or two before the showcase iirc.

I'm sure a lot of fans are hoping that FH6 is going to be set in Japan. But if the next Xbox is supposed to come out in 2028 as per the MS leak details, wouldn't it be better for Playground to wait until then to develop it for the new hardware? Maybe an interim instalment could be released which might be set in China or elsewhere in the meantime. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
I'm sure a lot of fans are hoping that FH6 is going to be set in Japan. But if the next Xbox is supposed to come out in 2028 as per the MS leak details, wouldn't it be better for Playground to wait until then to develop it for the new hardware? Maybe an interim instalment could be released which might be set in China or elsewhere in the meantime. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Mark my words, a FH set in Japan would be as limiting as The Crew is now in Oahu... But a game with locations in China, Japan and South Korea (that also honors their long and budding (China) automotive history) would be something.

It's not out of the realm of possibility. But here's a few factors as to why I think it'll be 2025/26, not 2024 for FH6.

• Mike Brown and 6 other senior staff leaving the PG Forza team in 2022. People already speculate the impact this has had on FH5 updates, but it's undoubtedly affected FH6, considering it's the creative director's/senior managements vision that shapes the game. We don't actually know who the new creative director is for the Forza team at the moment - probably a sign that FH6 isn't close to being done
  • Still strong updates coming out for FH5. As @Edax 76 said, why add a radio station into the game so late in it's life cycle only for them bring out a new game 5/6 months later?
  • The Fable Effect. As production ramps up for Fable, who knows how many resources PG has needed to pull from the Forza team to get Fable out in a timely manner? There has been numerous examples of devs moving from the Forza team to the Fable team, and I would be surprised if that has had no effect on FH6's timeline for development.

Anyway, I do agree, it is very unlikely we see FH5 at the XGS. I'm just forever hopeful of getting 1 more bigger update for this FH5 - despite that probably not going to happen!
Granted, Horizon Retrowave is a major update, to the point where it got its own start screen, and I don't fully remember if Hot Wheels or Rally Adventure got any substantial leaks before they were revealed, outside of a few teasers in Rally Adventure's case. I don't expect this for Modern Horizons or even Cafe Horizon (Series 36); 36 updates does seem like a nice round number to end on if they don't plan on continuing with Donut Media Part 3, but I sincerely doubt they'd let that collab lapse.

If anything, assuming either Donut Media Part 3 or Cafe Horizon is the last Horizon Story update, I could still see support for FH5 ending sometime this year after a set of further car updates, with Playground moving full-time (or as much onto full-time as they can) onto Fable after Gamescom. All they need to say at that final Let's Go is that they now need to focus on "other projects" or some such and we'd enter into at least a year-long break between FH5 and 6. You can still pull support from a game after a banger update, it could just be seen as ending on a high note instead of, y'know, one more crappy marketing partner Series and that's it.

Assuming five cars per update, if indeed Apex Allstars had the last car pack of the game... that'd put it at maybe 860 cars before the curtain drops, which... yeah, good luck to FH6 tryin' to breach that! :P

Last edited:
The start screen was nice and it was good to get some new tunes but Retrowave didn't feel like a major update to me because it only lasts four weeks.

Mike Brown and 6 other senior staff leaving the PG Forza team in 2022.
We all know that PG could made same game, but with improved features and in new bigger location(preferable somewhere in Asia)
Still strong updates coming out for FH5
Did they? Horizon Super7: High Stakes was added to H4 in June 2021, not so far from latest FH5 updates.
The Fable Effect.
Its unclear how it effects Horizon games development. Horizon is biggest Xbox exclusive franchise, I dont think they drastically decrease its crew + racing and RPG games needs different expertise from most developers.

Last edited:
Back