Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,114 comments
I was born in 1976 (I never put my real info in websites for security reasons) but I saw BTTF at the cinema in 1985 and like @Famine many times on VHS after until 2 and 3 came out. Watched both in the cinema a few times each, I own the VHS, DVD and Blu-ray box sets. Needless to say I'm buying the car pack today.

To me each Delorean is different. They represent a different film and different memories of watching the films. My personal favourite is the third one with white wall tyres and Doc Browns 1885 circuitry on the bonnet.

I can understand why people with no affinity to BTTF are miffed at the car pack with 3 variants of one car that holds no special feelings for them, I really can. But I think this car pack is a result of us as a community asking for the BTTF body kit for the Delorean for years now. We asked and the Devs have delivered.
And besides--I just realized, at least they released it while Horizon Retrowave was still out, so it isn't directly tied to Modern Horizons. This is probably just an internal send-off to the Series so that some part of it could still exist in the game even after the Retro Highway is removed from the game.

In that sense, I guess, it fulfills its purpose. :3

I think the reasoning behind the delay for the DLC pack is the Time Machine. Noticably, the DMC logo is present nowhere on any of them despite it being in the movie, which makes me think there was some sort of licensing complications between DeLorean and Universal maybe? There has been a lot going on with DeLorean and lawsuits recently with the Alpha5 project so it would make sense

I think the reasoning behind the delay for the DLC pack is the Time Machine. Noticably, the DMC logo is present nowhere on any of them despite it being in the movie, which makes me think there was some sort of licensing complications between DeLorean and Universal maybe? There has been a lot going on with DeLorean and lawsuits recently with the Alpha5 project so it would make sense
Oh yeah--not to mention they're only referred to as "Back to the Future Time Machine X", never "DeLorean DMC-12 (BTTFX)". I completely forgot about that.

Kneejerk review of each car, based on Forzavista and PI, 'cause I caved and bought the pack at full price instead of waiting for the Summer Sale:
KITT: A-class Retro Muscle. Heck yes, always nice to have more in that category, alongside the C5 Z06 and the 1999 Viper. This one has no engine compartment at all, which makes me think they only scanned an deactivated prop car and not an actual KITT Firebird. Super Pursuit Mode seems aesthetically tacked on, lending credence to this idea, but giving it that bodykit does improve its acceleration, leveling the playing field somewhat with the other two members of its category.
YJ Jeep Wrangler: D-class Pickups and 4x4s. Roughly equivalent to the '80s F-150 in terms of PI and stats, so... in short, acceptable. It's got only one aesthetic customization option, a mud cover occupying the Rear Wing slot like a lot of Pickups and 4x4s, which invokes how the car is seen in public--there's no option to remove the spare tire to save weight, unfortunately. As expected, no special effects; thus, this is probably the weakest car of the entire pack, and for me it ain't even close.
DeLorean DMC-12 (BTTF1): All Time Machines are D-class Cult Classics. The BTTF1 car is probably my favorite of the BTTF DeLoreans, if I'm being honest. It's the cleanest of the trio and the one that'll always be associated with the franchise to me--not just because it's from the only BTTF movie I actually saw as a kid in middle school in the early 2010s, lol. No visual customization options, just the straight car; frunk pops open, the time machine assembly takes up the engine compartment.
DeLorean DMC-12 (BTTF2): Probably the best one for just looking around the DeLorean prop car, because both Mr. Fusion and the frunk pop open. This one might grow on me with time but... the Mr. Fusion reactor just looks like it's a tumor attached to the DeLorean's back, I'm sorry. Plus, y'know, it can't fly.
DeLorean DMC-12 (BTTF3): Why does this one sit up so much higher than the other two? Is it because of the 'racing the train' scene? Either way this is ugly, I don't like it. It seals off the frunk (though this at least is excused by the 1955 technology they used in the movie to get it going again) so you can't pop it open anymore in Forzavista, but Mr. Fusion stays interactive. It does, however, look like your designated off-road DeLorean for your Cross-Country and rallying needs, although I haven't actually tested this in an off-road setting yet.

Overall... honestly, 7.5/10 Car Pack. This is great for just looking around the cars in Forzavista and taking in all the details you can; if you actually want to go racing without shelling out money for upgrades, though, KITT's your car.

Finally got around to getting the pack, all the youtube videos do not do any justice for how detailed these cars are and as a bonus all the extra exhaust sounds for the Delorean’s are amazing.

KITT can handle the twisties too.

Last edited:
I kinda want the car pack, but I couldn't care less about this month's prize cars. The Mustang is vaguely interesting, but the rest are just kind of...there.

Yaris...eh. Nice to see something that's not another suv/crossover or an S2 Hypercar I guess. Still, not interested enough to go through the trouble to get it on that basis
Hyundai...not interested
Kia...not interested
Taycan...more interesting than the Hyundai or the Kia, but I like 911s and their offshoots better and I already have a Taycan in-game. Not interested

Last edited:
Seeing the old Kia logo in the menus while the EV6 GT has the new Kia logo is quite bizzare.

But I’m not really complaining, as the new logo is quite terrible and my car has the old logo :P

I'm loving the turbine whine on K.I.T.T. - very awesome and unique little thing.

I'm also of an age that I watched a lot of Knight Rider, and having that car in game is frankly awesome. Especially if you are stupid enough to put the massive engine in it. Shame we have to pretend that the rockets in Pursuit Mode actually work by adding engine horsepower :D

Seeing the old Kia logo in the menus while the EV6 GT has the new Kia logo is quite bizzare.

But I’m not really complaining, as the new logo is quite terrible and my car has the old logo :P
You mean you don't like the KИ? :D
The Delorean in the movie had it's speedometer changed to read 95 since the car was supposed to go 88 mph. The problem was the real car could only go about 75 which is why the original speedometer only read to 85.
Cat Glasses GIF by Leroy Patterson

...the U.S. government mandated speedometers on all automobiles sold here read no higher than 85. It was only in place for three years, but a lot of makes and models kept them for a few years after.

I want to get together with two other GTP members so we can photograph all three Time Machines together. TM1 needs to be doing at least 88mph so the circuits glow blue, TM2 needs to have just gone over a jump so it’s airborne, appearing to fly, and TM3 needs to be running through the desert. It would be a spectacular shot if we could pull it off.

I want to get together with two other GTP members so we can photograph all three Time Machines together. TM1 needs to be doing at least 88mph so the circuits glow blue, TM2 needs to have just gone over a jump so it’s airborne, appearing to fly, and TM3 needs to be running through the desert. It would be a spectacular shot if we could pull it off.
Wouldn't that be best off on Copper Canyon, just north of the hotel? You could get the TM3 on the train tracks and the TM2 jumping up off the incline between the road and train track?

Cat Glasses GIF by Leroy Patterson

...the U.S. government mandated speedometers on all automobiles sold here read no higher than 85. It was only in place for three years, but a lot of makes and models kept them for a few years after.

Yeah, this is what people mean when they say an older car has a "federal" speedometer. In a huge surprise, the idea of "if we don't show any higher numbers people won't try to drive faster" didn't actually work, though I've been told it did provide a nice boost to the bolt-on gauge market for a couple years.

What is it with Kia lately? They really produce some of the most hideously grotesque looking cars out there. The EV6 must be the ugliest 600hp EV ever lol.
The Stinger, by comparison, is a really nice looking car.

Are these stats based in any kind reality? Or are they just plucking a number out of thin air? Just curious. I know Knight Rider was just a TV series but does KITT exist as a genuinely supped up 80s Pontiac Trans-Am Firebird?
I'm pretty sure they made those numbers up. The actual Firebirds they used for the show were at best the 165hp 305ci gutless turds Pontiac made in 1982. However according to the show wiki, the in-universe K.I.T.T used a turbojet engine (aka fast forward filming :lol: ) that could propel it past 200mph and hit 60mph in 2.0 seconds.

What is it with Kia lately? They really produce some of the most hideously grotesque looking cars out there. The EV6 must be the ugliest 600hp EV ever lol.
Stinger is disproportional mess. K5 looks nice, latest SUVs without futuristic led lines headlights kinda cool.

I'm pretty sure they made those numbers up. The actual Firebirds they used for the show were at best the 165hp 305ci gutless turds Pontiac made in 1982. However according to the show wiki, the in-universe K.I.T.T used a turbojet engine (aka fast forward filming :lol: ) that could propel it past 200mph and hit 60mph in 2.0 seconds.
Throwing in the 1850hp upgrade and AWD should get those figures comfortably, shouldn't it?

The EV6 have the same platform as the Hyundai Ioniq 5 that is also available this season. So that design might be intentional so that the EV6 doesn't eat Ioniq 5 marketshare

The EV6 design actually appeals quite a lot to people who would otherwise be driving boring business sedans. I think you're assuming the target audience would be car enthusiasts, but it's actually not.

But what appeals most about the EV6 to people I know who have them is that they are nicer/cheaper than an equivalent Tesla.

Last edited:
Are these stats based in any kind reality? Or are they just plucking a number out of thin air? Just curious. I know Knight Rider was just a TV series but does KITT exist as a genuinely supped up 80s Pontiac Trans-Am Firebird?
The stats are based in reality. The car Universal has is not screen used and is a replication of K.I.T.T that is because for the 1982 Model Year Pontiac had a surplus of Trans Ams and wanted to sell them off for screen use. However, the contract stated all cars must be destroyed at the end of production. The new car has a more modern GM V8 in it

Back