Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,270 comments
I'm gonna bet it's a costume or a paint skin gifted out to everyone in the Message Center. If we were getting more we'd have gotten it with the update this month, I figure.

But, I have seen more of a push for the ID.Buzz in recent days. It's certainly possible we're getting it as our Obligatory EV!

Last edited:
No worries, mate, the family are rallying round, symptoms are mild and I've had a pretty good trip up until now. Just hope I can get out of quarantine soon.

[EDIT] Still sniffly and positive. Bummer.
All clear on the Covid test this morning after 4 days. Thanks for the kind wishes everyone and sorry for the off topic.

Last edited:
The Toyota GR Yaris can be an absolute monster when you tune it right, especially with the Rocket Bunny body kit. Almost close to the peak of S1 class at 897PP, and for a three cylinder, it makes an incredible 626hp (208.66hp per cylinder) when fully upgraded.

This will prove to be an incredibly popular car indeed, and it's no secret that it was a highly-requested one.
I'm keeping an eye on the Auction House to hopefully pick up a second one for tuning and body kit, something I've been hoping to do since the real thing was launched and hoping for it to be added to the game.

Had some fun driving it around yesterday.

GR Yaris is just attractive.

Attachments

• 03b6908c-4f37-48e4-bdfa-29774bd50088.png
    03b6908c-4f37-48e4-bdfa-29774bd50088.png
    293.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240613_093104.jpg
    IMG_20240613_093104.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 3
It just occurred to me that we actually haven't seen the Stunt Arena anywhere else other than Community Choice this year. Could that possibly be the Coffee Shop they're referring to, a coffee-themed Stadium Stunt Arena?

Nothing like firing the game up after a few wines and thinking I’ll have another crack at this weeks speed zone. Carry too much speed towards the final gate and wind up crossing the line sideways leading to one thinking you’ve stuffed this up but no you actually won! Cue much laughter from this village idiot. Good times
Don’t drink and drive!

All this guy does is post random crap no one will care. Just because there's a promotion doesn't mean that a new car will be available to drive in FH5 or even the future entries.
Yeah, I've had no reason to believe that guy. The one time he had something remotely right was when he looked at that Instagram post of... I think it was a bunch of cars participating in a demonic ritual of some kind and we figured out it was a teaser for the Hennessey Exorcist, and that was right before Summer Party. Everything after that's just been... off.

Honestly this entire upcoming update's just been givin' me hell. It's so vague; even if I come at this from an emphasis on 'coffee' because real Cars and Coffee events are straight-up grab bags of cars from all over the automotive world, all I can think is 'They wouldn't actually add kei cars, would they?' These are 63 horsepower engines we're talkin' here; unless they wanted to give them the Tsuru treatment and grant them access to all of the engine swaps for a massive array of builds, I feel like that'd be a rather underwhelming set of reward cars.

I mean, sure, that'd be an opportunity to add the Subaru 360 as a New-to-Horizon car, and Playground could easily get in contact with Toyota to add in the Toyota Copen GR Sport, for example. But the Cappucino and maybe the Honda Beat? Those might be pretty hard gets.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've had no reason to believe that guy. The one time he had something remotely right was when he looked at that Instagram post of... I think it was a bunch of cars participating in a demonic ritual of some kind and we figured out it was a teaser for the Hennessey Exorcist, and that was right before Summer Party. Everything after that's just been... off.

Honestly this entire upcoming update's just been givin' me hell. It's so vague; even if I come at this from an emphasis on 'coffee' because real Cars and Coffee events are straight-up grab bags of cars from all over the automotive world, all I can think is 'They wouldn't actually add kei cars, would they?' These are 63 horsepower engines we're talkin' here; unless they wanted to give them the Tsuru treatment and grant them access to all of the engine swaps for a massive array of builds, I feel like that'd be a rather underwhelming set of reward cars.

I mean, sure, that'd be an opportunity to add the Subaru 360 as a New-to-Horizon car, and Playground could easily get in contact with Toyota to add in the Toyota Copen GR Sport, for example. But the Cappucino and maybe the Honda Beat? Those might be pretty hard gets.
I feel like the Honda shouldn't be too hard to get and maybe the AZ-1, since they are owned by Mazda.

I feel like the Honda shouldn't be too hard to get and maybe the AZ-1, since they are owned by Mazda.
True enough, but we haven't really seen much of either being added. Feels like Toyota and Hyundai have basically replaced Mazda as Playground's preferred source for Japanese and Asian cars, and the Yaris feels like it would have come in a package deal; the Yaris alongside the Copen, perhaps.

Alright, formal pre-teaser prediction time! I've got two possible Playlists they could run with, and I think they're both worth sharing--I mean, with a title like "Horizon Cars and Coffee", anything is possible, so I figure, throw a couple out there, one of them's bound to stick!

To start, the popular hope, a focus on kei cars! I personally don't fully understand where this association between kei cars and coffee comes from, except for how common they are in Japan, but honestly, this seems exciting enough for most other people (me not included, as, since I drive most of my cars stock, I'd prefer my cars to have more than just 64 horses) that I'd like to at least get it out in the open.

Little Cars and Espresso (or, Kei Cars)
Series Reward: 2020 Toyota Copen GR Sport (80 points, New-to-Forza)
Summer: 1997 Suzuki Cappucino (20 points, New-to-Forza, probably the headline car), possibly the 1968 Subaru 360 (either 40 points or in an Exclusive Event, returning, if they do want to add more than four or five cars this Series)
Autumn: 2022 Nissan Sakura (20 points, New-to-Forza, Obligatory EV Pick), 2011 Nissan Leaf (either 40 points or in an Exclusive Event, returning)
Winter: Honda S660 or the Honda Beat (20 points, New-to-Forza), 2000 Honda Prelude Type SH (either 40 points or in an Exclusive Event, New-to-Horizon)
Spring: 1994 Mazda Autozam AZ-1 (20 points, New-to-Forza). 1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE (either 40 points or in an Exclusive Event, returning)

I realize this would make for a thinly-veiled Japanese Automotive update like how Summer Party was basically just a thinly-veiled American Automotive update, but... honestly it's unavoidable if kei cars are the objective here and the coffee shop Evolving World thing is nothing more than a Photo Mode backdrop folks just visit once. I'm also assuming they add more than five cars, leading to either 40 point car weeks (ew) or Exclusive Events but I doubt that at this point.

Playlist number two is what I'm considering the 'grab bag' path; real Cars and Coffee events worldwide are really just pop-up car shows, so you get a very diverse line-up of cars. This particular prediction might be full of FM2023 port-backs now but if they take this path without using marketing partners to fill out the list, then this could just be a list of cars PG found and scanned that don't suit any particular theme but are Just Plain Neat. This would be impossible to nail accurately so I had to improvise.

"I Just Think They're Neat!" (or, Car Grab Bag)
Series Reward: 2023 Hennessey Venom 1200 (80 points, New-to-Forza)
Summer: 2020 Audi R8 Performance (20 points, New-to-Horizon)
Autumn: 2021 Bentley Flying Spur (20 points, New-to-Forza)
Winter: 2025 Volkswagen ID.Buzz (20 points, New-to-Forza, Obligatory EV Pick, probably the headline car), 2021 McMultry Spierling (40 points, New-to-Horizon)
Spring: 1995 Mitsubishi Evolution III (20 points, New-to-Horizon)

...okay so this Playlist would basically be an instant rerun of Modern Horizons, but significantly cooler. It's possible this line-up could be part of a non-Donut Media Car Pack, but... I have a feelin' Donut Media's gonna have the car pack for this update, it makes way the hell too much sense, so just assume that's gonna be our car pack. :P

Last edited:
Obligatory pick: the brand new 2024 Ford Capri EV (which is Europe-only): https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a61556439/2024-ford-capri-adds-two-doors-electric-power/

Nothing special; they just resurrected an iconic Fast Ford name and grafted it to yet another generic Ford EV us Americans will not get. So much for getting a modernized Capri sports car.

At least with Honda they're actually getting the new Prelude into production, but it's very likely it will be exclusive to Europeans.

Last edited:
Obligatory pick: the brand new 2024 Ford Capri EV (which is Europe-only): https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a61556439/2024-ford-capri-adds-two-doors-electric-power/

Nothing special; they just resurrected an iconic Fast Ford name and grafted it to yet another generic Ford EV us Americans will not get. So much for getting a modernized Capri sports car.

At least with Honda they're actually getting the new Prelude into production, but it's very likely it will be exclusive to Europeans.
I've seen the pics of the 'New Capri's bud. It's bloody awful. You described it perfectly as "Yet another generic Ford EV".

Nothing about it reminds me of a classic Capri.

Playground, get this in Update 36, pronto!

esjv78sn6qbd1.jpeg
Honestly, I personally doubt they'll add the Evo III at all, I don't think we've ever had an update where FM2023 and FH5 got cars at the 'same time', if you will, aside from the E-Ray being both at FM2023's launch and made available for FH5 on the same day during Horizon Creatives. I was actually tempted to edit my Grab Bag prediction and replace it with the MC20 out of, well, 'hoping', but I'm gonna leave it there as an example of the sort of 'grab bag' thing I was talking about there.

Now that I think on it, an alternate title for that Playlist would have been 'cars to talk about over coffee', but that's probably what PG is gonna use anyway, innit?

Honestly, I personally doubt they'll add the Evo III at all, I don't think we've ever had an update where FM2023 and FH5 got cars at the 'same time', if you will, aside from the E-Ray being both at FM2023's launch and made available for FH5 on the same day during Horizon Creatives. I was actually tempted to edit my Grab Bag prediction and replace it with the MC20 out of, well, 'hoping', but I'm gonna leave it there as an example of the sort of 'grab bag' thing I was talking about there.

Now that I think on it, an alternate title for that Playlist would have been 'cars to talk about over coffee', but that's probably what PG is gonna use anyway, innit?
True, though it would be torture for Forza to finally add an Evo III after all these years of only having the same Evos in each game, and not add it to the game we can actually proper rally it in.

It makes more sense as a Horizon car IMO, but as you say, that's no guarantee it'll come to FH.

Would this be a fresh laser scan? I don't think we've had the Evo 3 before so it very well might be.
Never been in Forza before, so should be a fresh scan.

Last edited:
I want Bodie and Doyle to arrest the Ford management for the criminal hatchet job they've done on the 'New Capri'.
It's not entirely their fault. I mean this model is part of a collab between VW and Ford. Still think we should be concerned? I'd down endless amounts of N&R over this.

If Famine sees this he'll definitely get a barrel of laughs, because this is quite sad. It looks worse on the side as it looks like a lifted sedan cosplaying as a CUV.

I would recount the Wednesday Want about the second-gen Probe's line, and say that interest in the Capri has tanked hard. No joke. What's more insulting is that Ford Europe teased about the new Capri not too long ago, and there's a R&T article that says it all. It's paywalled so I can not post that link.

Last edited:
Playground, get this in Update 36, pronto!

esjv78sn6qbd1.jpeg
What an absolute beauty. I don't think it will appear in this upcoming update, but maybe in the future? This give a bit of hope that they give some love for Mitsubishi atleast.

Speaking of the upcoming update, don't get your hopes up.

Last edited:
Speaking of the upcoming update, don't get your hopes up.
I actually had another possible angle in my head that I chose not to put out there because I honestly couldn't be bothered to look into it, which would line up with lower expectations a lot better; I was thinking, since Cars and Coffee events are basically car shows in all but name, where the cars might not be all original parts, maybe the Playlist would be a marketing partner update but for the tuners PG works with. So you'd get the Venom 1200 from Hennessey but also maybe a couple cars from DeBerti, Chris Forsberg and possibly also some Mercedes-AMG action in the Playlist, with Donut Media in the DLC to act as the piece d'la resistance.

Combine this with, say, a returning S5S as either the Series Reward or a 40 point car and you'd have a good cynical update prediction right there.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back