Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,471 comments
For the danger sign over the Baja I used an offroad tuned Hennessey Venom F5 with all I could slap on it. 489 Meters out of 460, no settings needed.

I tell y'all, this car cures what ails me with those danger signs in the S2 category! Was struggling at the danger sign before pulling that car out but it did the job just dandy!

Last edited:
Yeah, it will probably be something like "Ramiro in a car getting crappy convenience store coffee". :yuck:
Hah, lemme tell ya, I used to think this was exactly where we were headed. I mean, Mexico is a coffee-producing nation so I figured, why not a Horizon Story that teaches the player about coffee? I know there aren't any coffee plantations on the Mexico map so this was always a pipedream in hindsight, but educational/informational content is kind of what the Horizon Stories do best so I practically expected it. :P

For the danger sign over the Baja I used an offroad tuned Hennessey Venom F5 with all I could slap on it. 489 Meters out of 460, no settings needed.

I tell y'all, this car cures what ails me with those danger signs in the S2 category! Was struggling at the danger sign before pulling that car out but it did the job just dandy!

I’ve never tried an off-road venom, but S2 mosler is the same idea and has always worked for me.

Last edited:
I've had a thought - instead of Cars and Coffee, could we maybe have Cars and Red Bull...? 🤔
20240714_132653.jpg

Last edited:
The car pack is far more interesting to me this month. Having the Sera is cool, as it’s probably the closest thing we’ll get to a Starlet GT or Glanza.

Feels like this as well as Daihatsu found in the FM8 files a little bit ago is sowing the seeds for FH6 Japan. Maybe we get those two cars at this rate
Considering the amount of Chinese cars we got, I'd put more realistic bets on a Chinese location for the next one.

I hope the fl5 is one of the cars for th next update. The new m5, rsq8, guilia gta m, purosangue, flying spur, cayenne/macan, c63, etc. Could be good additions too.

I hope the fl5 is one of the cars for th next update. The new m5, rsq8, guilia gta m, purosangue, flying spur, cayenne/macan, c63, etc. Could be good additions too.
Or if we want to throw in odd choices like PG tends to do, the MG4 XPower could also be suitable as a sleeper daily.

Or if we want to throw in odd choices like PG tends to do, the MG4 XPower could also be suitable as a sleeper daily.
The Donut Media Money Pit baseline cars also kinda fit this, but I'm going to assume here that they're going with unmodified daily drivers that are also high-performance. Which the FL5 fits right into, so I'm going to lock that in unless there's really difficulties with licensing from Honda.

Heck, with just mentioning daily-drivers they're leaning into car culture again with that next update aren't they.

Last edited:
The Donut Media Money Pit baseline cars also kinda fit this, but I'm going to assume here that they're going with unmodified daily drivers that are also high-performance. Which the FL5 fits right into, so I'm going to lock that in unless there's really difficulties with licensing from Honda.

Heck, with just mentioning daily-drivers they're leaning into car culture again with that next update aren't they.
I highly doubt we will see anything else from Donut Media, considering it's essentially dead now.

As far as daily drivers, I don't see that as being car culture at all, it's literally just what people would drive every day, but probably modified versions, like the GT3 RS we keep missing.

Calling the Purosangue a daily driver might be stretching it a bit... But I'd be happy to see it.

Edit: The new M5 is pretty much the only modern M car we're missing, and would fit the title perfectly. Yes please! Although I suspect they will be looking more at modern hot hatches/EVs too.
I can't think of many that fit the bill, that aren't in the game in some form.
Here's a few more coming to my mind:

Taycan turbo Gt/Eletre/Polestar
Fiat 500e/Honda E/Renault 5
Elantra N/ GR Corolla/Integra Type S/WRX TR/i20N/RS3
i5/i7/x5/x6/x7/xm
Hornet/Tonale
Prius prime (pretty please)
Mach E
IS500 (pretty please)

A few Peugeots or SEATs could also be cool, new or old.

Yeah but Donut's dead.
I highly doubt we will see anything else from Donut Media, considering it's essentially dead now.
Sad but true--although Recurrent Ventures is still around to talk to (so in theory PG can get their permission to use the models they scanned) and Bigtime's trying to ensure there's no drama/hard feelings between itself and Donut, as of their S13 video, so perhaps Donut Media Car Pack/Part 3 isn't dead.
As far as daily drivers, I don't see that as being car culture at all, it's literally just what people would drive every day, but probably modified versions, like the GT3 RS we keep missing.

Oh, right, yeah it's a lingo thing, I got tripped up. I'm going to agree on the new M5 possibly being a part of this too, I honestly don't imagine the 911 as a daily driver (despite literally seeing one in that capacity on my morning drive). To me, it's gotta be the FL5, new M5, possibly the final-gen Ford Focus, and... maybe a new WRX?

I can't think of many that fit the bill, that aren't in the game in some form.
Here's a few more coming to my mind:

Taycan turbo Gt/Eletre/Polestar
Fiat 500e/Honda E/Renault 5
Elantra N/ GR Corolla/Integra Type S/WRX TR/i20N/RS3
i5/i7/x5/x6/x7/xm
Hornet/Tonale
Prius prime (pretty please)
Mach E
IS500 (pretty please)

A few Peugeots or SEATs could also be cool, new or old.
The Elantra N would be a good guess, it would make sense with all the Hyundais they have been adding.
I wouldn't mind seeing the GR Corolla as well either and wouldn't be surprised if it showed up either since we just got the Yaris.
I'm not sure we'd get the Mach E, unless it's for the obligatory electric car, which they surprisingly skipped this series.

The Elantra N would be a good guess, it would make sense with all the Hyundais they have been adding.
I wouldn't mind seeing the GR Corolla as well either and wouldn't be surprised if it showed up either since we just got the Yaris.
I'm not sure we'd get the Mach E, unless it's for the obligatory electric car, which they surprisingly skipped this series.
The stock Elantra N would be a great fit too, if not be the headline car alongside the FL5. I was struggling to think of something alongside the FL5 and new M5 but you nailed it on the head.

And as for the lack of obligatory EV... considering they did come out and say that the theme of the Playlist cars is 'cars you don't see every day', I'm guessing they must have figured high rarity would take priority over sustainability.

Yeah, looking at the production numbers, I think it lines up:

Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato: 99 cars made
Lamborghini Aventador Ultimae: 250 cars made
Volkswagen Thing: ~90,000 cars made (of those, ~20,600 were built in Mexico, interestingly enough)
Volkswagen SP2: 10,205 cars made
Mazda Miata RF: No production numbers available since this is a modern mass-production car, but interestingly a month ago Mazda actually stopped production on this thing because of an irregularity, so, uh... bad timing on adding this one I guess. :P

Last edited:
Sad but true--although Recurrent Ventures is still around to talk to (so in theory PG can get their permission to use the models they scanned) and Bigtime's trying to ensure there's no drama/hard feelings between itself and Donut, as of their S13 video, so perhaps Donut Media Car Pack/Part 3 isn't dead.
The issue with this is that some of the project cars featured on the channel in the past don't actually belong to Donut Media/Recurrent Ventures, they were personal cars from the guys that worked there. They'd have to get the agreement of the owner in order to use it in game, and despite the fact they've left in good terms, the brand they left still using their property likely won't go down too good and turn into a licensing/legal nightmare. It's exactly why we most likely won't see the Hoonigan cars return in future games, all the owners of the cars in the game left the company and Hoonigan Racing is not really a thing anymore since Ken Block died.

The issue with this is that some of the project cars featured on the channel in the past don't actually belong to Donut Media/Recurrent Ventures, they were personal cars from the guys that worked there. They'd have to get the agreement of the owner in order to use it in game, and despite the fact they've left in good terms, the brand they left still using their property likely won't go down too good and turn into a licensing/legal nightmare. It's exactly why we most likely won't see the Hoonigan cars return in future games, all the owners of the cars in the game left the company and Hoonigan Racing is not really a thing anymore since Ken Block died.
That makes sense, putting it that way. Even Bigtime is basically using cars that they personally own so even if you started a new collaboration with them, the cars there might not survive a similar meltdown.

But the returning Donut merch, however, which is in the Forzathon shop this month, would carry over because Recurrent Ventures owns the rights to that.

But the returning Donut merch, however, which is in the Forzathon shop this month, would carry over because Recurrent Ventures owns the rights to that.
I believe that would be correct, but I'm no legal expert. Hmm... I should call my mom who used to be a lawyer, she probably knows what entails exactly. And besides, just call your mom once in a while. :lol:

r585yrh4spcd1.jpeg

I know this has been posted already but anybody else excited about new Race Routes coming next update?

Especially if they are rotated into the Trial, Festival Playlist and Multiplayer. Adds a bit of fresh air into the races we do each week.

Hoping for new circuits this time as well, not just Point 2 Point.

I think they made up for Modern Horizons being so off-road focused in a big way; four asphalt-oriented rewards, one of them being highly requested (even if it was a chain-gang meme request), all of the rewards being ICEs, a car pack that honestly doesn't have a single miss inside it, and the promise of more actual race route content next update on top of that. Mmm mmm, that's what I play FH5 for. :P

Really the only thing I hold against it is these cursed bodykits on the Miata and Stagea but it's Cars and Coffee, if at least one absolutely shameful looking car doesn't show up it wouldn't be a cars and coffee thing, now would it?
Hey. I like the Rocket Bunny ND Kit! It's a least a lot better than the Forza Kit for the ND MX-5 from FM

c3deb6c127a523c363f2f4d0e64402c3549357b4.jpeg

And tbh I'd still like this in game - I want all the bodykits, please PG.

Last edited:
r585yrh4spcd1.jpeg

I know this has been posted already but anybody else excited about new Race Routes coming next update?

Especially if they are rotated into the Trial, Festival Playlist and Multiplayer. Adds a bit of fresh air into the races we do each week.

Hoping for new circuits this time as well, not just Point 2 Point.

Hey. I like the Rocket Bunny ND Kit! It's a least a lot better than the Forza Kit for the ND MX-5 from FM

c3deb6c127a523c363f2f4d0e64402c3549357b4.jpeg

And tbh I'd still like this in game - I want all the bodykits, please PG.
I'm really looking forward to new race routes bud. It would be good to see these routes get integrated into the monthly events I agree.

Calling the Purosangue a daily driver might be stretching it a bit... But I'd be happy to see it.

Edit: The new M5 is pretty much the only modern M car we're missing, and would fit the title perfectly. Yes please! Although I suspect they will be looking more at modern hot hatches/EVs too.
Did someone say M5...?
20240714_105809.jpg

I'd love to see this too...
20240714_131034.jpg

@PJTierney Hope you had a good time at Goodwood 👍

The new M5 is still recently new though.

Added bonus: it's a two-and-a-half ton brick, to the point where you can consider it to be made out of actual bricks.

Back