Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,899 comments
blimey, I nearly forgot the Espace F1 concept. We need a Ford Supervan competitor after all...

1725647073593.png

I realised that we should also look at the current FH voting leader boards for '90's cars:

From the top:
  • Fiat Uno
  • Toyota Altezza
  • Chevrolet Chevy (Mexico)
  • Toyota Chaser (coming this month)
  • Honda Civic (gen 5)
  • Suzuki Capuccino
  • VW W12 concepts
  • VW Jetta
  • Renault Espace F1
  • RUF CTR Yellowbird

Yeah, not sure that lot would make a good month after we just had this month's cars. And I guess many of them are difficult to license or we would have had them a while ago.

Last edited:
I realised that we should also look at the current FH voting leader boards for '90's cars:

From the top:
  • Fiat Uno
  • Toyota Altezza
  • Honda Civic (gen 5)
  • Suzuki Capuccino
  • VW W12 concepts
  • VW Jetta
  • Renault Espace F1
  • RUF CTR Yellowbird

Yeah, not sure that lot would make a good month after we just had this month's cars. And I guess many of them are difficult to license or we would have had them a while ago.
I'd take the Cappuccino, Espace F1 and the RUF CTR Yellowbird in a heartbeat off that list.

I'd add the Weismann MF3 Roadster to the list as well along with the Alfa Romeo GTV.

Last edited:
Old leaked Cars:

1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z
1990 Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans
1990 Aston Martin Lagonda Series IV
1991 Suzuki Samurai
1992 Alfa Romeo Milano Quadrifoglio Verde
1992 Ford Falcon GT
1993 Porsche 928 GTS
1993 Porsche 911 Turbo S Leichtbau
1995 Honda CRX Del Sol Sir
1996 Dodge Stealth Turbo
1996 HSV GTS-R
1996 Subaru SVX
1998 Aston Martin Vantage V600
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R
1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe

Last edited:
I just read something I would never have expected: Multiple posters on Reddit stating that they miss car packs and hope another one comes soon.

I thought it was compulsory to hate on any paid DLC in a game if you post on Reddit? Something is wrong!

Old leaked Cars:

1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z
1990 Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans
1990 Aston Martin Lagonda Series IV
1991 Suzuki Samurai
1992 Alfa Romeo Milano Quadrifoglio Verde
1992 Ford Falcon GT
1993 Porsche 928 GTS
1995 Honda CRX Del Sol Sir
1996 Dodge Stealth Turbo
1996 HSV GTS-R
1996 Subaru SVX
1998 Aston Martin Vantage V600
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R
1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
I'm betting that at least one of those cars will be in next months update.

From the top:
  • Fiat Uno
  • Toyota Altezza
  • Honda Civic (gen 5)
  • Suzuki Capuccino
  • VW W12 concepts
  • VW Jetta
  • Renault Espace F1
  • RUF CTR Yellowbird

I think the one that is highly requested is the X100 and not the X80 that we are getting (which is still a great surprise and neat because it was the Cressida in North American markets).

I have to think one of the cars will be a 928 next month. I also think they will surprise us with something out of left field. My absolute guess would be the Lexus LS400 due to how much of those were sold in the 90s.

Last edited:
I have to think one of the cars will be a 928 next month. I also think they will surprise us with something out of left field. My absolute guess would be the Lexus LS400 due to how much of those were sold in the 90s.
interesting-post-on-the-official-porsche-account-showing-v0-4uuou6plyg8a1.jpg

The 928 would make a lot of sense, would be nice to finally get it back from FH4 and confirm this leak from a while ago.

I'm also hoping these to come Forza Horizon finally, after their thumbnails leaking all those years ago now. Both 90s and both Japanese, it would be great to see representation from Euro to American and to Japanese manufacturers in the next update.

FH5_Mitsubishi_FTO_Thumbnail_%281%29.png

FH5_Honda_CRX_DelSol_Thumbnail_%281%29.png

Just from cars that haven't been released but for which plans have been leaked at any point in the past, there's a Suzuki Samurai, Lincoln MkVIII LSC, Ford Mondeo, Ford Thunderbird, Acura Legend, and more, without getting into exotic stuff like the Lagonda or Venturi 300.

Outside of that the list of interesting 90s cars not in Forza is endless - you could make an entire season and car pack just from Peugeot and Citroen, for example. If you just wanted famous supercars and sportscars, Ferrari had the 456 and 348, there's the Viper RT/10, and the fact that we've never had a stock Porsche 964 in Horizon (but there's now a Turbo S in Motorsport...). Dozens upon dozens of obscure performance cars too, from the AC Aceca to the Yamaha OX-99 (couldn't think of one starting with Z!).
You could also make an all-'90s American sport sedan update (Ford Taurus SHO, Dodge Spirit R/T, Chevrolet Lumina Z34, Oldsmobile Quad 442 or Achieva SCX), or a '90s Japanese off-roader update (Toyota Land Cruiser 80-Series, Toyota Mega Cruiser, Mitsubishi Delica 4WD, Nissan Patrol/Safari Y61). The possibilities are mind-boggling.

Just from cars that haven't been released but for which plans have been leaked at any point in the past, there's a Suzuki Samurai, Lincoln MkVIII LSC, Ford Mondeo, Ford Thunderbird, Acura Legend, and more, without getting into exotic stuff like the Lagonda or Venturi 300.

Outside of that the list of interesting 90s cars not in Forza is endless - you could make an entire season and car pack just from Peugeot and Citroen, for example. If you just wanted famous supercars and sportscars, Ferrari had the 456 and 348, there's the Viper RT/10, and the fact that we've never had a stock Porsche 964 in Horizon (but there's now a Turbo S in Motorsport...). Dozens upon dozens of obscure performance cars too, from the AC Aceca to the Yamaha OX-99 (couldn't think of one starting with Z!).
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Lagonda, that's in the files already isn't it? That'd be a very safe bet for the 90s update, maybe even Series reward or headline car material. Heck, even the 964 would be a safe bet too if they do more portbacks like the Evo III.

Honestly... Lanevo III aside, I'm getting the very real sense that these cars are themselves filler because the update's major focus is on the new game mode. The rest of the cars aren't really as exciting in the grand scheme of things.

You could also make an all-'90s American sport sedan update (Ford Taurus SHO, Dodge Spirit R/T, Chevrolet Lumina Z34, Oldsmobile Quad 442 or Achieva SCX), or a '90s Japanese off-roader update (Toyota Land Cruiser 80-Series, Toyota Mega Cruiser, Mitsubishi Delica 4WD, Nissan Patrol/Safari Y61). The possibilities are mind-boggling.

I'd actually love to see more 80s and early 90s American cars in Forza, it's a blind spot for me in car knowledge so there's a lot of interesting stuff to be surprised with. Shame they stopped at the Omni then didn't bring it back!

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Lagonda, that's in the files already isn't it?

'In the files' as in it was mentioned once in a FH5 file full of typos, yeah, with the previous mention of it being from before FH4. There was a fair amount of clearly scrapped stuff listed in there too though, like the Range Rover Horizon Edition. I don't think it's there any more though as every time people started talking about files leaking car names like that they'd get cleaned out every release so nothing more can be found there in future.

It's actually a fair bit older, it's from a batch of 2013-model cars that were seemingly all planned for FM5, like the S4, RS7, R8, Fiesta ST, Clio RS, E63 AMG... and the Fit. The existence of the C30 was leaked fairly recently though, unlike the other cars around that time.
Where did you get this info?

Since when did you hear about a Ford Mondeo/Acura Legend in Forza's files?

I'd say that Back to the 90s may bring back the CRX Del Sol or FTO.

I may as well begin speculating Back to the 90s' content starting now.

Initial drafted speculation:

Playlist:
  • 1996 Dodge Stealth R/T
  • 1995 Honda CR-X Del Sol
  • 1999 Honda Civic Si
  • 1997 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R

Car Pack:
  • 1992 Ford Thunderbird SC
  • 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC
  • 1993 Venturi Atlantique 400
  • 1991 Suzuki Samurai

Last edited:
As from the 90s, my wish for the Playlist would be:

1995 Renault Sport Spider
1996 Venturi 300 Atlantique
1998 Subaru Forester Turbo
1994 Opel Tigra 1.6

Car Pack:

1994 Aston Martin DB7
1993 Alfa Romeo Spider
1995 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
1994 BMW 750i

Sorry, but you've all made a mistake for the next Series in assuming it's the 1990s, when it's clearly going to be the 1890s... ;)

I think the car list will include an Alloud

And maybe a Mercedes Benz Patent Wagen as they were made up to 1893.
In all honesty I'd pay for a car pack from this era of cars.

Last edited:
Honestly, predicting this is going to be difficult precisely because of the vast amount of cars we could get. At least back in Horizon Retrowave, the cars were chosen based on the vibe; are there any cars that encapsulate the vibe of the '90s that we don't have in-game? The Lagonda certainly wouldn't match it.

Does anyone know what order the new cars will be coming? I'm hoping the Evo III will be the final week car as I'll be on holiday then 🤣 The car I want the least.

The bodykit on that video's static image is much closer to what I had expected from the chaser than the conversion shape shown on the livestream. Much better. I think drift fans will be jumping for it when it arrives in a few weeks.

Does anyone know what order the new cars will be coming? I'm hoping the Evo III will be the final week car as I'll be on holiday then 🤣 The car I want the least.
C30 will be final week, Evo first. Sometimes they throw in a car pack in the final week so that’s usually my favorite lol

C30 will be final week, Evo first. Sometimes they throw in a car pack in the final week so that’s usually my favorite lol
Talking about the Universal Studios car pack at the end of Horizon Retrowave? Heh, on that I agree. At least that acted as a fun way for the Series to live on after it was over, even if it was overpriced. Genuinely surprised that didn't happen with this update; though I bet it had something to do with the new game mode, Doncic Camaro, and Evolving World piece being the major focus of the update rather than the cars. Hopefully this '90s update brings something good, car pack or not.

This smells of heresy; you're probably the only one I've seen who hasn't been wanting it in Horizon, lol. I'm genuinely surprised the Evo III or new WRX aren't the headliner cars for this update, though, you'd think the WRX itself would attract people to the game.

Last edited:
It's pretty amazing to see quite a lot of Japanese cars being added to Forza, with this update having the vast majority of new-to-Forza cars being Japanese. It could be that the next Forza Horizon game might be set either in Japan or somewhere else within Asia.

Here are all of the new-to-Forza Japanese road cars that got added to Forza Horizon 5 and the Forza Motorsport reboot.
  • 1993 Autozam AZ-1
  • 2021 Lexus LC 500
  • 2020 Lexus RC F Track Edition
  • 2022 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF
  • 1995 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR
  • 1997 Mitsubishi Pajero/Montero Evolution
  • 2020 Nissan GT-R R35 Nismo
  • 1997 Nissan Stagea RS Four V
  • 2010 Nissan Tsuru
  • 2023 Nissan Z
  • 2022 Subaru BRZ
  • 2022 Subaru WRX