Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 19,035 comments
I think the 512TR will win too, but it'll be close.

Joe Cee's latest Eventlab (airport race) was well built and fun as always. It made me wonder if anyone has built an Eventlab of Top Gear's test track yet... Now we have proper road segments (as shown in the Airport eventlab) it should be very easy to build Dunsfold.
Anyone else get FH2 "withdrawal pangs" driving around the airport?

Also, "Only Bulls and Horses" is just, well, cushty my son (and completely lost on anyone outside the UK) :D

PS I actually prefer the chandelier and "Batman and Robin" scenes to this one.

Last edited:
I think GT also has a partnership with Hyundai N, so it might be tricky.
I don't remember there being any agreement between polyphony and Hyundai (and if we look at the car list, fh5 has a lot more Hyundai vehicles including the N Vision 74 and the Elantra N TCR used in the Michelin pilot sport challenge)

Anyone else get FH2 "withdrawal pangs" driving around the airport?

Also, "Only Bulls and Horses" is just, well, cushty my son (and completely lost on anyone outside the UK) :D

PS I actually prefer the chandelier and "Batman and Robin" scenes to this one.

That scene gets me every time, but like you I do prefer the chandelier scene.

The build up to the punch line in the chandelier scene is perfectly paced and overall it's shot beautifully.

Well, I got Dirt Rally 2.0 on a Steam sale (basically, almost free) and with a few events into, I can't help to think that this is how a rally game built around the Forza engine would/should feel like, as my transition from FM/FH5 to Dirt Rally controls was almost automatic (it's Codemasters after all, they just don't do bad controls).

Eventually the new Forza engine will be fitted to the next Forza Horizon (maybe as we speak), and I wonder if the majority of players will be more accepting of a more sim-style of rallying.

Well, I got Dirt Rally 2.0 on a Steam sale (basically, almost free) and with a few events into, I can't help to think that this is how a rally game built around the Forza engine would/should feel like, as my transition from FM/FH5 to Dirt Rally controls was almost automatic (it's Codemasters after all, they just don't do bad controls).

Eventually the new Forza engine will be fitted to the next Forza Horizon (maybe as we speak), and I wonder if the majority of players will be more accepting of a more sim-style of rallying.
Honestly, I wonder if this is why it's taking a while for FH6 to show itself. It should have been revealed by now, if not well before that if the fact that we're well past FH4's service cut-off date is any indication. An all-new rally physics set would take a lot of work to get right, especially with what happened with FM2023's initial reception.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Horizon itself gets a soft reboot like that.

Honestly, I wonder if this is why it's taking a while for FH6 to show itself. It should have been revealed by now, if not well before that if the fact that we're well past FH4's service cut-off date is any indication. An all-new rally physics set would take a lot of work to get right, especially with what happened with FM2023's initial reception.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Horizon itself gets a soft reboot like that.
I respectfully disagree. Horizon is doing great. Huge audience, clearly the top game in its segment. I see no reason why the problems of Motorsport would have any impact on Horizon.

If anything, it should encourage Microsoft to focus more on Horizon than Motorsport...

I respectfully disagree. Horizon is doing great. Huge audience, clearly the top game in its segment. I see no reason why the problems of Motorsport would have any impact on Horizon.

If anything, it should encourage Microsoft to focus more on Horizon than Motorsport...
Oh, no, I was more postulating that developing a better off-road driving model (and maybe translating what FM2023 did to asphalt driving) might be why we haven't seen an FH6 yet. I didn't mean to imply Motorsport's issues would affect Horizon.

Personally, I think the reason FH6 hasn't been shown yet begins and ends with Fable. For the first time they've got two games on the go, so taking an extra year for FH6 isn't a big deal.

If anything changes for FH6 I hope it's the map. It's just too open and barren at the moment. Whether that's because of The Eliminator or others factors I'd personally like it to change.

We need open spaces on the map for hooning around on, but structures we could driving around in or, geographical features (woods with potential rally stages, quarries, hill climbs, caves, estuaries etc), and of course the obligatory runway are needed.

With the potential power of the gaming platforms two good size cities/large towns would be nice. As would a return to the larger festival sites we had in FH3.

This last one will be controversial but I'd welcome the return of snow as one of the four seasons again, if the location was suitable. It can add variety to a map.

As a product I think there's little that needs changing overall in the FH games. The map however is one.

Last edited:
If anything changes for FH6 I hope it's the map. It's just too open and barren at the moment. Whether that's because of The Eliminator or others factors I'd personally like it to change.

We need open spaces on the map for hooning around on, but structures we could driving around in or, geographical features (woods with potential rally stages, quarries, hill climbs, caves, estuaries etc), and of course the obligatory runway are needed.

With the potential power of the gaming platforms two good size cities/large towns would be nice. As would a return to the larger festival sites we had in FH3.

This last one will be controversial but I'd welcome the return of snow as one of the four seasons again, if the location was suitable. It can add variety to a map.

As a product I think there's little that needs changing overall in the FH games. The map however is one.
Ek'Balam is no Castelletto.

You'll get no argument from me on this front. I just uninstalled FH5 for the second time because of burnout, and I think the maps we have are a major reason for it. I am actually tempted to install FH4 just to have some kind of Horizon in my life besides, and even I know it'll still take me three years, or about the same amount of time I spent with FH5, to fill out that game's garage--I just want something that isn't Mexico.

You'll get no argument from me on this front. I just uninstalled FH5 for the second time because of burnout, and I think the maps we have are a major reason for it. I am actually tempted to install FH4 just to have some kind of Horizon in my life besides, and even I know it'll still take me three years, or about the same amount of time I spent with FH5, to fill out that game's garage--I just want something that isn't Mexico.
I might be slightly biased as a Brit, but FH4's map is definitely better than FH5's.

It also has the British Black Cab as a vehicle. One car I'd love to see return. I think the Black Cab Vs the Mexican Beetle Cab would make for some cracking races.

Back