Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
They are probably super confident and feel that the game will sell without proper marketing. Which probably will.
Maybe your right. Of all the racing games coming out this year FM7 is the one I am looking forward to because it has the most of what I want. Even if it does feel like FM6.5 I still loved FM6, and FM7 coming to PC is a huge incentive for me to get it.

I'll probably still get the Ultimate Edition because I want the new cars that will come with the car packs. I am not too concerned with what the cars are because I love all cars and will have tons of fun racing the cars that 90% of the community doesn't even want in the game.

I want to be excited for Forza 7, being someone who has been loyal to the franchise since its inception, but what really is 7 bringing to the table? While there's nothing inherently wrong with this being Forza Motorsport: The Greatest Hits, I feel that T10 could be doing a lot more to make the game a real star. I'll probably still buy it, but I'm not as hyped as I usually am for Forza.

I want to be excited for Forza 7, being someone who has been loyal to the franchise since its inception, but what really is 7 bringing to the table?...

The racing game that unequivocally rivals Gran Turismo 4 (arguably the largest racing game for the longest time- no GT5 and 6 do not count 'cause standards) in both quantity and quality on every front? It seems that way to me at least.

Edit: What I mean to say is, this could be the new greatest car game of all time. High car count, high track count, deep single player and online modes, all made to the highest degree of quality possible.

Edit 2: Yes, I'm aware that forza took the crown as soon as Forza 3, I'm just saying that this time forza has undeniably become the bigger game without sacrificing the quality it's known for.

Last edited:
So, I've got a question: if I cancel my digital pre-order of Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition (yes,really), and then pre-order the Standard Edition instead, would I still have access to the Hoonigan Pack for Forza Horizon 3? I know that was the way you got it in FH3 for free, but I'm not sure if that was a time-limited thing and if it's too late. Help appreciated. :)

I want to be excited for Forza 7, being someone who has been loyal to the franchise since its inception, but what really is 7 bringing to the table? While there's nothing inherently wrong with this being Forza Motorsport: The Greatest Hits, I feel that T10 could be doing a lot more to make the game a real star. I'll probably still buy it, but I'm not as hyped as I usually am for Forza.
There may not be a lot of new-to-Forza content that we know of, but from what I can tell from people that tried the demos at E3 and Gamescom there may be a lot of subtle details to improve the overall experience. Maybe they don't have much big stuff to show off because a lot of the work has been in the little details that make the game feel better as a whole. no one outside T10 and Microsoft knows for sure, but I will be eagerly awaiting the Reviews when it gets closer to launch time.

Gamersyde Sonoma footage. Off-camera unfortunately

I spoke with Gamersyde earlier and they won't have access to the media presentations at Gamescom. Unless somebody else is recording I guess we won't see the menu system (and pick out features from it) this year :(

Edit: What I mean to say is, this could be the new greatest car game of all time. High car count, high track count, deep single player and online modes, all made to the highest degree of quality possible.
Acknowledgement 1: I've never played FM series outside of a few minutes on Xbox display at electronics store. But I'm keeping an eye on development as FM7 is now an option for me with PC release.

Acknowledgment 2: You did speculate COULD BE and not IS greatest car game of all time.

That said, I'm not sure FM7 will win all those points you mentioned. I think Project CARS 2 has almost double the track count. Highest degree of quality may be subjective - I can believe GT Sport will be up there in graphics; I've read concerns about lack of qualifying, fuel wear, and tire wear in FM series. I do wish FM7 to be absolutely amazing as then I will purchase and enjoy it.

I've read concerns about lack of qualifying, fuel wear, and tire wear in FM series.
Qualifying would be nice to have as Forza hasn't had this before, But I am not sure where your reading about lack of Fuel/Tire wear in FM7. The motorsport series has always had this. There is even a Fuel/Tire wear only option in the damage settings in Motorsport.

Qualifying would be nice to have as Forza hasn't had this before, But I am not sure where your reading about lack of Fuel/Tire wear in FM7. The motorsport series has always had this. There is even a Fuel/Tire wear only option in the damage settings in Motorsport.
From here:
give me a damn flag system, qualifying and proper tyre/fuel wear

It has never had qualifying but fuel and tire wear exist on Simulation settings. If you use cosmetic only damage you won't see those features.

The motorsport games still have always had Fuel/Tire Wear. I was playing some splitscreen in FM6 with my nephew last week and I made sure he had Fuel/Tire Wear on while we where playing. I even managed to run out of fuel in a Koenigsegg One:1 during one race. Plus I have been doing a lot of 20-30 lap races in freeplay mode lately on full sim damage and with races that long I do need to watch my fuel use and tire wear, and pit to refuel and get fresh tires. T10 is always working to improve realism with each Motorsport game, so it would be a MASSIVE mistake to remove something that is meant to add to the realism ans Sim factors of the game.

In regards to qualifying, the first two Forzas had 'simulated qualifying' where the game put cars in order of which it reckoned was fastest (or in simpler terms by PI). This meant that if you turned up in some crazy S class monster against a D class field, you would be put on pole rather than having to get by the other cars. Otherwise, both tire wear and fuel usage have been a part of Forza since day one.

Disappointed with the lack of info and footage coming out of Gamescom so far. Anyone know when we are likely to see info from these 'behind closed doors media events'?

Disappointed with the lack of info and footage coming out of Gamescom so far. Anyone know when we are likely to see info from these 'behind closed doors media events'?
The outlet that posted the previous videos (Gamersyde) confirmed to me that they have not been invited to a media presentation this year.

Maybe that guy from Xbox? The one that sat together with Playground Games last year to play through some FH3 (that gameplay video starting near the pink lakes in the F-150 Raptor Race Truck).

I was at the Forza booth today at Gamescom and very disappointed to see the game running on Xbox One S instead of the X. There was no way to try the game with a wheel either! I hope things will be different at Sim Racing Convention next month.

I was at the Forza booth today at Gamescom and very disappointed to see the game running on Xbox One S instead of the X. There was no way to try the game with a wheel either! I hope things will be different at Sim Racing Convention next month.
I'm actually more interested in seeing it run on the lower platforms to be honest. We need to see what' the differences are going to be, and how it performs. That would have been the perfect opportunity had I been there.

Like @ImaRobot, I'd actually be very interested to know how it runs on the S. As great as it looks on the X, every console player will be experiencing the game on the older hardware for at least the first five weeks after release. We need to know that that experience hasn't been sacrificed. 👍

If there's one thing I've noticed about FM7 is that everything shakes while racing; the camera, car parts and even the HUD. Even though I like it, I can't imagine the shaky HUD being popular with everyone so there must be an option to turn it off.

Forza 7 graphics are universally praised by the press. It's the only AAA to showcase the new hardware, we should be flooded by videos. These shaky videos do not justice to the game.

• Graeme Boyd (Aceybongos) and Bill Giese do a deep dive into Forza Motorsport 7.
  • The build they're showing is the "behind closed doors" version that media have been seeing all week (running on Xbox One X).
  • Garage-themed homespace shown.
  • Turn 10 have been building 4K assets ever since work started on Forza Motorsport 6.
  • 5 main tabs: Home / Single Player / Multiplayer / Cars / Progress
  • Forza Drivers Cup: Split into 6 Series. Those Series are then using the Car Divisions for individual events/Championships.
  • There's an "Open Division" that lets you race whatever you want.
  • Showcases return, tied in with people like Ken Block, Magnus Walker etc. (similar to Forza Motorsport 6).
  • The cars you race in the Showcases can only be earned in Showcases (and presumable the Auction House).
  • Driver Gear is split into multiple categories: All / Forza Favourites / Pop Culture / Team Colours / A-Z
  • There's a "Crate System" to help unlock these, a [Buy Crates] button was spotted (presumably works like "Loot Boxes" in other games).
  • Gameplay of Suzuka in a storm.
  • Assists no longer affect CR payout, it's all in the Mod system now, which returns from Forza Motorsport 6.
  • "Good Pass", "Perfect Turn" etc. mid-race notifications return.
  • A "Caution Ahead" notification comes up when you approach a section of track where a car has gone off.
  • Mods, XP and CR are given out after a Single Player race.
  • When you level up you get a choice of rewards.
  • The more cars you own, the higher your Collection Tier will be. This Tier is displayed on your profile and others can see it. A higher tier scales up the rewards you get.
  • Multiplayer main menu: Multiplayer / Leagues / Forza Hub / Forza TV / Forza Gallery / Message Center
  • Players can broadcast in 4K to Mixer.

Last edited:
Mixer Live @ Gamescom (don't have a VOD link at the moment).

• Graeme Boyd (Aceybongos) and Bill Giese do a deep dive into Forza Motorsport 7.
  • The build they're showing is the "behind closed doors" version that media have been seeing all week (running on Xbox One X).
  • Garage-themed homespace shown.
  • Turn 10 have been building 4K assets ever since work started on Forza Motorsport 6.
  • 5 main tabs: Home / Single Player / Multiplayer / Cars / Progress
  • Forza Drivers Cup: Split into 6 Series. Those Series are then using the Car Divisions for individual events/Championships.
  • There's an "Open Division" that lets you race whatever you want.
  • Showcases return, tied in with people like Ken Block, Magnus Walker etc. (similar to Forza Motorsport 6).
  • The cars you race in the Showcases can only be earned in Showcases (and presumable the Auction House).
  • Driver Gear is split into multiple categories: All / Forza Favourites / Pop Culture / Team Colours / A-Z
  • There's a "Crate System" to help unlock these, a [Buy Crates] button was spotted (presumably works like "Loot Boxes" in other games).
  • Gameplay of Suzuka in a storm.
  • Assists no longer affect CR payout, it's all in the Mod system now, which returns from Forza Motorsport 6.
  • "Good Pass", "Perfect Turn" etc. mid-race notifications return.
  • Mods, XP and CR are given out after a Single Player race.
  • When you level up you get a choice of rewards.
  • The more cars you own, the higher your Collection Tier will be. This Tier is displayed on your profile and others can see it. A higher tier scales up the rewards you get.
  • Multiplayer main menu: Multiplayer / Leagues / Forza Hub / Forza TV / Forza Gallery / Message Center
  • Players can broadcast in 4K to Mixer.
Just watched it. Some good new info but still craving more!

Back