Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
Sweet! I'm currently tier 11, so everything (except the 500,000cr) will be MINE!!!

Edit: Nvm I'm actually tier 10. Not bad but, I won't get the Forza 1 suit. Noooo! :(
I'm pretty sure if you bump your tier up to 11 with Forza 7's achievements/milestones/etc, it'll still unlock the rewards for that tier once you do. It'd be very silly for them to make it a one-time thing where you get locked out of the other content if you don't qualify for it on first bootup of the game.

As far as the "F8, lol fate get it we're clever" car pack goes, now that drag and drift stuff can be done in quick play and doesn't need a ton of faffing around with multiplayer lobbies to do, that's probably what I'll be using most of those cars for. The GTX and Demon oughta be proper straight line monsters at least.

Pretty disappointed if this the day one pack. Something like this would be better suited to Horizon then the Motorsport series. Not to mention that the majority of the cars in this pack are found in the base version of the game and the only difference is paint and rims. Even the previous Fast and Furious packs as well as the Hoonigan pack had much more modified cars then this that couldn't be recreated in the game. The Demon looks cool as does Vin Diesels ride (can we use the EMP in game :))but everything else is nothing special.

I'm pretty sure if you bump your tier up to 11 with Forza 7's achievements/milestones/etc, it'll still unlock the rewards for that tier once you do. It'd be very silly for them to make it a one-time thing where you get locked out of the other content if you don't qualify for it on first bootup of the game.

They've never done it that way in the past, so I doubt it will be any different this time. I would imagine the Forza themed race suits will be available through normal in-game means though.

Pretty disappointed if this the day one pack. Something like this would be better suited to Horizon then the Motorsport series. Not to mention that the majority of the cars in this pack are found in the base version of the game and the only difference is paint and rims. Even the previous Fast and Furious packs as well as the Hoonigan pack had much more modified cars then this that couldn't be recreated in the game. The Demon looks cool as does Vin Diesels ride (can we use the EMP in game :))but everything else is nothing special.

I quite like packs like this and the Hoonigan pack as far as incentive packs go. They add something to the game that may sway someone that is on the fence, but at the same time you aren't going to miss out anything too crucial if you decide to pass.

As far as the "F8, lol fate get it we're clever" car pack goes, now that drag and drift stuff can be done in quick play and doesn't need a ton of faffing around with multiplayer lobbies to do, that's probably what I'll be using most of those cars for. The GTX and Demon oughta be proper straight line monsters at least.
Yeah I know right? Although, I got 15,000 points to go before unlocking(?) that particular suit. Dang it. >_<'

Yeah I know right? Although, I got 15,000 points to go before unlocking(?) that particular suit. Dang it. >_<'
Ha, I sympathise man. I'm about 8,000 short and don't really feel like reinstalling older games to try and speed-grind out what I missed there to try and make up the difference.

According to this Reddit post, Preloads are available now.

Can't verify myself because I am still having troubles getting the Creators update download to work, and I don't have the extra cash to get the game right now. :(

According to this Reddit post, Preloads are available now.

Can't verify myself because I am still having troubles getting the Creators update download to work, and I don't have the extra cash to get the game right now. :(

I can't download mine yet, I'm on console though.

Maybe that dudes in London? Maybe at midnight?

Last edited:
Sorry. Edited post now.

I went to Games & Apps, and clicked on Forza 7. Then it started downloading. It's nearly 68GB by the way.
So that means we will still have do that day one patch of 50GB on that Friday. I bet we won't be able to play while that's downloading either, or maybe we will.?

So that means we will still have do that day one patch of 50GB on that Friday. I bet we won't be able to play while that's downloading either, or maybe we will.?
If you really want to play Forza 7, I suppose you could just stay offline and play on the original version of the game, and when you get off, you could just download the patch. :)
I honestly may be in that group. I am so excited for this game.

If you really want to play Forza 7, I suppose you could just stay offline and play on the original version of the game, and when you get off, you could just download the patch. :)
I honestly may be in that group. I am so excited for this game.
I just remembered, I'm working 11pm-11am Friday night into Saturday, so it should be downaloaded by the time I get to play Saturday evening.

Downloading now on the Xbox, had to uninstall pre-order, then reinstalled, now it's downloading 67.03GB
I'm going to have to do that too I think.

Edit: that did the trick, thanks buddy. :)

I got new internet from at&t wireless, it uses cell towers. So it's as fast as your LTE on your phone. It's varies from 2 MBS, to over 100mbs lol. A good consistent average number for it is 15-20mbs though. Way better than I had.

Last edited:
And its now pre loading. How hard would this have been to just announce? Well, I won't complain, but this should be a slow 2-4 day download:gtpflag:

I'm going to have to do that too I think.

Edit: that did the trick, thanks buddy. :)

I got new internet from at&t wireless, it uses cell towers. So it's as fast as your LTE on your phone. It's varies from 2 MBS, to over 100mbs lol. A good consistent average number for it is 15-20mbs though. Way better than I had.

I just checked and I'm halfway done, fluctuates from 88mbs-128mbs. We should be done in time!

Latest Posts

Back