Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
Be sure to delete your placeholder and re-download. Full game's preloading at a brisk pace for me.

BTW, keep in mind that the full size of the game on the XB1/XB1S will be 67 GB and not, as first reported, >90 GB.

Will the final game have some sort of Safety Rating ala iRacing for online racing?

Yes? No? Sorta...?

T10 mentioned and "adjudication system" that should be active on the Leagues and factor in your League ranking. That should guarantee that clean racers will rise to the top. However, we don't have much detail on this... And the public, open lobbies will be the Wild West we all love to hate.

So what's the deal with this?

http://stevivor.com/features/interv...released-on-disc-will-follow-in-later-update/

“The game itself will end up probably right around 60GB, “Bishop also confirmed. “So it’ll have day one update, patches, updates and some more content. But that’s all 1080p files — that is what people will play on October 3, or September 29 if you get the Ultimate Edition with early access.

“Then, if you put that disc in on Xbox One X on November 7, it’ll install those [on-disc] bits. It’ll install that 10GB of update [of day one patches, etc], and then it’ll download another 30GB or so of 4K files.

So if I'm reading this right we won't have to download another 50GB day one with the disc just 10GB which is a lot better prospect. I'm an Xbox S owner without a 4K tv.

So if I'm reading this right we won't have to download another 50GB day one with the disc just 10GB which is a lot better prospect. I'm an Xbox S owner without a 4K tv.

Exactly. If you're gone digital it's not an issue anyways, as preloading will cover the full package (the extra 10 or 30GB being a "patch" for physical buyers only).

So what's the deal with this?

http://stevivor.com/features/interv...released-on-disc-will-follow-in-later-update/

That actually sorta makes sense. There's no point in having the 4K files if you just have a One or One S as I have, and 10GB is a lot more manageable than 50GB on my absolutely horrible internet. Hell, I might be able to start playing on Saturday!

Be sure to delete your placeholder and re-download. Full game's preloading at a brisk pace for me.

BTW, keep in mind that the full size of the game on the XB1/XB1S will be 67 GB and not, as first reported, >90 GB.
As far as my PC is concerned it just started downloading as soon as I went to FM7 in the store and I didn't need to delete any placeholder files. Full size appears to be 93Gb. I hope I'm not doing it wrong, hopefully somewhere along the way it detected I had a 4K display and suitable GPU.

That actually sorta makes sense. There's no point in having the 4K files if you just have a One or One S as I have, and 10GB is a lot more manageable than 50GB on my absolutely horrible internet. Hell, I might be able to start playing on Saturday!

I'll be playing sometime on Saturday as I won't be able to pick up the game til Saturday morning anyway thanks to my local EB closing at the same time I knock off work Friday. 10GB might take a few hours and then there goes my weekend :)

Wonder how my 25mbps connection will do if downloading the PC version, hopefully it'll complete after I leave it before sleeping or going to work
At least no more pompous music, the rock vibe in Forza 7 is cool and sticks better to the franchise.
(GT should go back to Feeder/Ash/ industrial music too...)
I gotta admit that I'm going to miss the tranquil lounge/ambient menu music since Forza 3 thru 6, since it almost never used anywhere else except GT and it sets the mood when watching my car in the garage
But I think with groove music feature there will be something for everyone with differing tastes

My internet moves from 43-58 mbps and it only took 2.5 hours to load Project Cars 2. I reckon 5 hours, maybe 6 to download FM7. In which, I can't download until the 24th as I'm getting the physical release. Of course, I'll have things to do while it downloads. I'm just going to do a bunch of homework I'll be assigned probably.

I have 4GB done on 95.8GB its only going 24mb (3MB) should be going closer to 60mb with my internet. it should be finished well before the 3rd anyway.

All career mode events:

Looks like the bonus events are going to be similar to F6's Showcase events. And this one got my attention immediately...
HJ7pmgr.png

I hope this means the lights on the Crown Vic and Jaaaaaaag are still aero options.

Preloading finished for me. Freeze me and unthaw Friday at 0000 hrs with a Gamerpad in one hand and a can of Monster Energy in the other, thanks.

As far as my PC is concerned it just started downloading as soon as I went to FM7 in the store and I didn't need to delete any placeholder files. Full size appears to be 93Gb. I hope I'm not doing it wrong, hopefully somewhere along the way it detected I had a 4K display and suitable GPU.

On PC it'll download the 4k files regardless - it's only on the HD Xbox-es that it will skip that. I think the reasoning is that you could always upgrade your PC to run it at 4k, and the Xbox One X is likewise always able to run the game in UHD even if it's plugged to a 1080p monitor, but on the Xbox One it'd just be a waste of space.

All career mode events:

Isn't the Early Prototypes division the one in which all the Group C prototypes can be found? 'cause I'm not sure how I feel about that series being accessible earlier than the Major Micros...

Evening from the UK, forgive the stupid question but having pre ordered my copy of the ultimate edition back in June or July via the Microsoft Store website how do I start the preload on my Xbox?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Evening from the UK, forgive the stupid question but having pre ordered my copy of the ultimate edition back in June or July via the Microsoft Store website how do I start the preload on my Xbox?
Thanks in advance

It should've begun preloading automatically. Check if it's already installed on your Xbox. If not, go to the Store, look for Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition, and you should find the option to download it. If there's a 108 MB placeholder, don't be like Clyde back in the FM6 days and expect the problem to fix itself - delete it and redownload from the Store, it should fetch you the full 67 GBs game installation.

Latest Posts

Back