Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
Any news regarding the photo of that huge garage? Will players be able to walk around and see all the cars they've collected or anything like it?

Any news regarding the photo of that huge garage? Will players be able to walk around and see all the cars they've collected or anything like it?
Highly unlikely, as it's the type of promo shot that's been done before:

25382962046_3ee62a4e94_o.jpg

Highly unlikely, as it's the type of promo shot that's been done before:

25382962046_3ee62a4e94_o.jpg

Although, this photo here was taken on the Test Track, so it could've been recreated in a lobby. The FM7 photo is in the home space, so it sort of leads people to believe that a full garage homespace would be possible. I loved the look of the photo but never got my hopes up for it to actually to happen.

I wish. It's something I've always wanted in Forza. If Test Drive Unlimited and Project Gotham could do it in the Xbox 360 era, why couldn't Forza do it today.

Also, is pre-loading going to be available to those who can play the game on Friday? With such a large download size of FM7, I'd like to get it going asap. :lol:

Well.... we finally have an official word from T10 in regards to using normal/sim steering on a wheel. When the game detects a wheel, all the hidden assists that are present on a controller are automatically turned off. This should mean that there is no difference between normal/sim steering while using a racing wheel, and having sim steering turned on should only give the wheel user the bonus credits. Considering that using sim steering on a wheel makes things rather twitchy around the wheels centre, which makes it very hard to counter-steer; I now have to assume that they have a bug in the system. According to what we where told by this dev last night on the forza forums, there shouldn't be any difference between the steering mode when using a wheel.

There are multiple systems layered together to create Normal steering. Forza is known for being controllable and natural on a gamepad and these system are a major component of that feeling. While I won't explain every system involved I will say that Simulation Steering turns these systems off. I'll also confirm that the input layers of these systems are turned off any time you use a wheel, regardless of the steering setting.

See post number #1108 (page45) in this thread - https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/..._FFB--is-it-fixed--UP--Nope--Still-Broke.aspx

I figured this was pretty important information for everyone to know, regardless of whether you use a wheel or a gamepad; which is why I am posting it in here and not in a specific wheel thread.

Anyone here is having trouble Pre-Loading Forza 7 on PC?

I downloaded about 75gb out of 95gb last night and then it simply stopped downloading and wouldn't resume at all, it kept giving me a Windows Store error. I went to the official forums and there's pages of people having the same problem...

I tried to resume it again this morning however it restarted from the beginning so I have to download the whole 95gb again...

What a giant pile of poop Microsoft Store is. It's kind of unbelievable that the biggest software company can't even get this thing straight. I had the same problem with FH3 which was released about a year ago.

I downloaded about 75gb out of 95gb last night and then it simply stopped downloading and wouldn't resume at all, it kept giving me a Windows Store error. I went to the official forums and there's pages of people having the same problem...

I tried to resume it again this morning however it restarted from the beginning so I have to download the whole 95gb again...

What a giant pile of poop Microsoft Store is. It's kind of unbelievable that the biggest software company can't even get this thing straight. I had the same problem with FH3 which was released about a year ago.
same problem, errors every 20 mins or so, not surprised though seeing as how garbage the windows store has always been

This is so strange. I never had any issue downloading anything from the Windows Store. I got the 95GB installed in a reasonable amount of time without any errors. They should support resume thought. That's a nightmare to have to start all over again.

I guess the best thing to do is to not pause the download at all and set your console to Instant On.

I was nicely taken away by the demo by the way. What'd they do to the car sounds though? The entire sound design seems to have improved but the motor and exhaust notes on the cars lack oomph and bass. It is just me?

I had no issue on preload but my brother did. He fixed it by telling his computer he was the administrator. May need to Google that, hope it helps.

If your file size seems wrong after preload finishes, don’t panic. Mine showed 108.1mb, then 95 gigs, then finally the correct 67 gb (console user)

bf3
yeah,peeps already there talking,so making some brew and ready to see stuff

Waiting on PJ to appear in chat :D
I'll appear when I feel the need to ask a question or two ;)

Right now I know pretty much everything I want to know about the game, expect for some small Multiplayer details.

Oh FFS sake I paused to download at 33GB and now its started from the beginning. I can't leave the thing going because my dad freaks out if I leave the PC on overnight(he doesn't understand computers and seems to think its always trying to blowup or set on fire). after 5 years on steam I never had this problem once.

I most probably wont be able to play this much when it comes out as I'm in work a lot during the latter part of this week and early next week.

:indiff::indiff::indiff:

Man, this john guy runs into every single car on the track. It probably would help if they would quit picking these straight line pigs of cars (dodge demon etc)

I'm so angry that he didn't go with the Rally Heroes, all because it would've killed his funds... >_> I'm so doing that event when I get the game, regardless of the cars' credits.

Oh and I agree that he crashes into every car he sees on the track.

Windows Store is absolute rubbish - there's no excuse for a company with as much money and resources as Microsoft to have an online distribution platform so slow and unreliable. 400kB/s average is absolutely ridiculous when even Origin can download games and updates at 10 times the speed on the same network at the same time of day.

Man, this john guy runs into every single car on the track. It probably would help if they would quit picking these straight line pigs of cars (dodge demon etc)

Yeah, it's hard to believe no one that works there or the guests they receive actually knows how to drive.

Okay whoa, Forzavista from the pitlane? :eek:

Edit of the edit: Few cars in that race have loaded up with no side mirrors... Worrying.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back