Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
I honestly hope the economy is like FH3. It was WAY too easy to make money in FM6. Heck, you could afford a Lotus E23 by Level 10. FH3 was a nice balance in my opinion. It was easy to afford the cheaper cars, but if you wanted to go for the 250 GTO or Cobra Daytona, you had to work your butt off for it.

I honestly hope the economy is like FH3. It was WAY too easy to make money in FM6. Heck, you could afford a Lotus E23 by Level 10. FH3 was a nice balance in my opinion. It was easy to afford the cheaper cars, but if you wanted to go for the 250 GTO or Cobra Daytona, you had to work your butt off for it.

I would much rather have FH3's as well. I know some people complained about it not receiving enough credits, but I have a feeling quite a few of them rushed through the career only doing 3 lap races and as short of championships as possible. I found doing 10 laps on circuits and full 10 race championships along with using perks gave me more money than I needed before getting to 50%.

I honestly hope the economy is like FH3. It was WAY too easy to make money. Heck, you could afford a Lotus E23 by Level 10. FH3 was a nice balance in my opinion. It was easy to afford the cheaper cars, but if you wanted to go for the 250 GTO or Cobra Daytona, you had to work your butt off for it.

Let's hope it works properly from day one on. And no loopholes like selling HE cars for 5 mill a piece which yours truly gratefully took advantage off to gain 100 mill in a few hours thanks to Play Anywhere and my Win10 PC. :P

FM6 was indeed far too easy to gain money but that was also to be blamed on the wheelspins IMO. Since they are (thankfully) gone, I think it will be more FH3-like which is fine.

While FM7 initially did look like not much more than FM6 with barely any new cars or tracks, some of the under-the-hood changes are nice. The 3D car models on car select/buy screens look great, the handling (apart from the understeer pig Porsche) was actually quite decent in the demo, much better how I remembered FM6 with that goddamn aweful tire skidding noise. Career seems to be freshed up and this homologation thing.... I think its good for multiplayer and as long as it doesn't require me to upgrade cars instead of driving them stock in singleplayer then that's fine.

I really like that they split up all the cars in more classes, there are some one-make classes now (I saw the Mazda MX5 Cup in its own class) so finally Turn 10 pays some respect to real life motorsport. I guess what they did with the "Forza" GT & prototypes is probably the best way to deal with not following real life. Basically PD is doing the exact same thing with GT:Sport and heck, even SMS has a few of the SMS-R spec fictional cars as well but that's mainly to fill up some gaps in car classes which are scarcely populated.

Whatever you cup of tea is, there is plenty of tea this fall. :)

Actually from what I can see from the crates window in that video is that all crates contain 1 car, except for the 2 lowest ones which are for mods only,

Not sure from an economical point of view what the best approach would be :

1 - sort the car dealer from cheap to expensive and start buying cars that way, spend all money in it. Your car collection rating will increase really fast and you will sooner get better rewards. Downfall: You will end up with a LOT of double cars in the end, which also results in money loss. This option has the most diverse car roster to start with as well.

2 - save all your money and only buy the 260K crates. You get a chance for legendary cars (whatever the heck that is, I suppose thats the more expensive ones like hypercars). If you dont get such legendary car but something lower, at least you don't have that lower car yet. Also you will get better mods than option 1 which also results in a bonus for credits and/or xp.

I think I'll go with option 2. Initially never buy a car from the dealer (unless forced to do so like sometimes in FH3) and save all your money for the best loot crates. You'll get good cars, probably also good mobs, probably also good driver suites i don't care about at all (I hope you can sell that junk and just keep 5 or something realistic ones for all car eras). I doubt the most expensive cars will be in the crates, at some point you will probably have to buy some from the dealer anyway to close the gap.

Finally some new vintage/mesh wheels!

K45IUPF.png

Nah, are you serious it's those badges? Those are for achieving things in game, or for your nationality and such.
In FM7 badges are items that appear in loot crates as well (as you can see on the loot crate window). Surely that's gotta be something else than the FM6 badges.

check out the following video:
(21:18 timestamp)

18.10 has me concerned.

The player selects the Design Options before buying his Civic and while there is an option to Follow a Creator there is none to see that player's Storefront.

I have a feeling the Storefront has been cut :(

Finally some new vintage/mesh wheels!

K45IUPF.png

What video is this from?

18.10 has me concerned.

The player selects the Design Options before buying his Civic and while there is an option to Follow a Creator there is none to see that player's Storefront.

I have a feeling the Storefront has been cut :(

What video is this from?

AR12's latest video.

Sucks about the storefront. I guess they chose not to port it from FH3, just like Clubs. Annoying, as these are the community based features that separate Forza from other games yet Turn 10 don't seem to be willing to take the time to port stuff from FH3. We got AH/Forzathon, but no Clubs + Storefront.

Yeah, it's odd. Turn 10 boast so much about the strength of their community yet they're stripping popular community features from this title.

There is a chance they could still have the storefront but it's just not accessible when buying a car.

Another interesting part in AR12's latest video is the fact he tries to buy an FD3S RX7 and the game doesn't let him do so because he's not on a high enough car collecting tier. I feel this is both good and bad, because on one hand it's an incentive to actually make you play the game and the career mode to get more stuff, and in a way makes it feel a lot like Gran Turismos of old that made you start with the ****boxes and work your way up to the interesting cars, but I hope it doesn't mean you'll have to buy let's say, every Formula E car or every Indycar in order to get enough points to access the higher tiers...

Last edited by a moderator:
Another interesting part in AR12's latest video is the fact he tries to buy an FD3S RX7 and the game doesn't let him do so because he's not on a high enough car collecting tier. I feel this is both good and bad, because on one hand it's an incentive to actually make you play the game and the career mode to get more stuff, and in a way makes it feel a lot like Gran Turismos of old that made you start with the ****boxes and work your way up to the interesting cars, but I hope it doesn't mean you'll have to buy let's say, every Formula E car or every Indycar in order to get enough points to access the higher tiers...

I posted this a few pages back. It shouldn't be hard to access the higher tiers at all.

Here are the collector tier levels and the amount of points you need to achieve them

Tier 1 Common - Unlocked at the start
Tier 2 Uncommon - 400 Points
Tier 3 Rare - 1,400 Points
Tier 4 Super Rare - 4,000 Points
Tier 5 Legendary - 8,000 Points

Based on the car list video, here are some ranges of collector points each car has. Each car adds up to your total score.

Common Cars: 40-90 Points
Uncommon Cars: 95-180 Points
Rare Cars: 190-440 Points
Super Rare Cars: 495-900 Points
Legendary Cars: 1250-2700 Points

I don't think the first car they give you counts to your collector score (and Idk if this means you'll have to rebuy it to officially have it your collection) but considering the amount of crates you'll get from loyalty rewards (which will give you cars) you could potentially get Tier 2/Tier 3 before even starting the game.

Oh well nevermind then, I thought the tiers required a lot more points than that.

Edit: Wait, **** is censored but ****boxes is not?

I wonder if that will apply in the background to lootboxes as well. As if not being able to win a car from them unless you would be able to buy that car

I wonder if that will apply in the background to lootboxes as well. As if not being able to win a car from them unless you would be able to buy that car

Probably not - prize cars, DLC cars and auctions will likely be accessibile to all regardless of tier. Which is also why the tier system isn't worrying me much - after opening all the free Reward lootboxes, banking in the VIP + Hoonigan + Day One DLC pack cars, and getting whatever other free rides the game will throw at me in the first two or three career series, I'd expect to be at rank 4 at the very least.

Damn you guys made me worry about Affinity. That's one of my favorite parts of the Motorsport series, please don't be cut.

But you have manufacturer-specific driver gear, wouldn't it make sense to reward those with affinity levels?

Fate of the furious day one pack.

You know... Hoonigan DLC pack, Fast and Furious DLC pack. And meanwhile an almost total absense of any new racing cars. Does anyone see a trend here? The time that this franchise was about race cars is long gone, this is now just like the Horizon series about cars that just look cool. Smart financial move from Turn 10 since those cars work for both series.

At least all cars seem to be having a class now so no more BS like the F&F pack in FM6 where you couldn't use it anywhere in career mode.

The Fate of the Furious™ Car Pack (aka: Day 1 Car Pack)

Code:
1951 Chevrolet Fleetline Special The Fate of the Furious Edition
1966 Chevrolet Corvette The Fate of the Furious Edition
1968 Dodge Charger The Fate of the Furious Edition
1971 Plymouth GTX The Fate of the Furious Edition
2013 Subaru BRZ The Fate of the Furious Edition
2014 Local Motors Rally Fighter The Fate of the Furious Edition
2015 Jaguar F-TYPE R Coupe The Fate of the Furious Edition
2015 Mercedes-AMG GT S The Fate of the Furious Edition
2016 Subaru WRX STI The Fate of the Furious Edition
2018 Dodge Demon The Fate of the Furious Edition

Words and images here: https://news.xbox.com/2017/09/25/fate-of-furious-car-pack/

Latest Posts

Back