Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
Looking at the car list video again, a few interesting points;

• The race car divisions are now Forza branded. Forza Touring Cars, Forza GT Cars, Forza P1, Forza P2 etc. I assume this is because of feedback that the divisions in 6 mixed a lot of GT3/GTLM/GT1 cars around. Now with the homologation feature, I think Turn 10 are looking to create their own balance between all of the mixed GT3/GTLM cars and their own series. Interesting solution, and since they're never going to be able to fully flesh out all of the race divisions due to licensing, resources, cost etc, it could be a good one. Though I'd imagine people looking for absolutely authentic classes won't be the craziest fan of this. (For you guys free-play is looking like it'll have advanced car restrictions so those looking for more authentic race series will find that there)
  • Each car has a rarity and collection score which contributes to your overall collector level. What is interesting is that the Collector levels go to level 8 but there are only 5 levels of rarity for the cars.
  • The 250 GTO is only 1.35million cr, so it looks like the pricing of vehicles will be similar to FM6, rather than FH3.
  • EDIT: The Lamborghini Sesto Elemento is actually more expensive, at 1.45mill. Weird. (Unless this changes upon release)
  • DOUBLE EDIT: The McLaren P1 GTR is even more expensive than both the Sesto & 250GTO. It costs 1.5mill. Same with the Huarya BC
  • The car selection screen with the rotating cars is awesome.
  • Every single car has a division; so unlike FM6, there are no cars unuseable in career/useless in free-play

Last edited:
  • Each car has a rarity and collection score which contributes to your overall collector level. What is interesting is that the Collector levels go to level 8 but there are only 5 levels of rarity for the cars.

I noticed that too. Some of the cars have an odd rarity rating as well... Like, why is the Auto Union considered "Super Rare" and not Legendary? Or in which parallel universe is a Hemi Superbee considered common?

Please T10 let this be possible in the final release.
dYJQMGn.jpg

This looks awesome especially the RX7.

I really hope this is in game and we are able to have a selection of our garage to walk around. Reminds me of PGR series when you could walk around your garage and admire your rides. Those were the days.

Couple more bits of info;

These are the free play advanced options

RmCC3Kz.png

Baw2MX0.png

*EDIT* New video from Failrace confirms weather options. Looks like you'll be able to choose your:

* Start Race Scenario
* Mid Race Scenario
* Mid Race Probability (so chance of the mid race scenario happening)
* End Race Scenario
* End Race Probability

Within these five options you can choose lots of settings like;

* Partly Cloudly
* Overcast
* Summer Drizzle
* Light Rain
* Moderate Rain
* Heavy Rain
* Thin Fog
* Dense Fog
* Rain Thunder
* Rain Lightning

0tTUw0X.png

Looks like they've put a lot more options there this time.

Also here are the collector tier levels and the amount of points you need to achieve them

Tier 1 Common - Unlocked at the start
Tier 2 Uncommon - 400 Points
Tier 3 Rare - 1,400 Points
Tier 4 Super Rare - 4,000 Points
Tier 5 Legendary - 8,000 Points

Based on the car list video, here are some ranges of collector points each car has. Each car adds up to your total score.

Common Cars: 40-90 Points
Uncommon Cars: 95-180 Points
Rare Cars: 190-440 Points
Super Rare Cars: 495-900 Points
Legendary Cars: 1250-2700 Points

Last edited:
I can't quite put my finger on why, but looking at that car list video, the vehicles seem more videogame-like than before. I also think T10 still over exaggerate the chrome (wheels especially) where they look black in a dark environment.

The rotating cars when purchasing a car is super cool. Real classic vibes from it.

Agreed, very similar to the early GT games which is cool. Also, the revised lighting removes a lot of the plastic look some of the cars suffered from which is a huge plus.

Regarding friction Assist, it's 8 seconds a lap faster in the wet, and allowed to be used in Multiplayer.

There's an active thread on the official forums about this, and pretty much everyone is against the idea of it being allowed in Multiplayer. Feel free to add your voice and maybe something about it can be changed.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst103638_Testing-the-new-FRICTION-assist.aspx

@willbsn13, chuck that thread on Reddit too if you like, get more eyeballs on it :)

Good news:

Holy crap, I completely missed the return of car buckets (and they're available offline!).

That's a HUGE plus for me. This game could literally have been a port of Forza 6 with car buckets included and I'd still have bought it day one.

Since we can have custom soundtracks, who's going to change theirs to this? ;)

Both GT5 and GT6 have custom soundtracks enabled on my PS3, and play GT1 menu music in the menus. Makes the game so much more enjoyable for me. :D

Enjoyed the demo (though very little content for 17+ GB download).

Now its just the final bit of waiting until release and with all these new menu "spoilers", this is looking more promising by the hour! :cheers:

I've been listening to the in-game menu music in every FM7 video I watched and some songs sound a bit familiar. I swear I'm hearing tracks featured in the original Forza Motorsport in some videos.

I'm a bit disappointed about Maple Valley missing the killer kerbs but the game still looks fantastic. I've never had the Xbox One so I was always looking at FM6 with envy, and I can finally enjoy this one.

So I have been lurking on this thread for a while just keeping up-to-date with the news and stuff without posting on here.....Until now!

Just want to say where I am with FM7, I am quite happy with everything I'm hearing and seeing, and I tried the demo and it was good and I liked what I saw, so I will be getting this and it may probably be the Ultimate Edition as it comes with all the bells and whistles, but that should come as no surprise really as I am a big fan of Turn 10 and indeed Playground Games and have been loyal and bought all the previous editions of Motorsport and Horizon up to Forza 2.

Does anyone know if the Tier Reward Cars are coming back for this game? And if so, Do we know what they are/might be? They probably have announced it and I've missed it!, I've been labouring on Tier 9 for about a year.

For those who are interested and/or haven't seen it, Here's the list of people who will be the "Voices Of Motorsport".

IMG_0190.PNG
IMG_0191.PNG

Quite the diverse list IMO. :)

If Ralph Gilles is lending his voice to the game, could this be a hint to a closer relationship between MS/T10 and FCA developing?

Back