Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
Doug DeMuro needs to be in the game for Forzavista.
"So I'm here with this large barge of a vehicle. Does it look familiar to you? It should. This car, right here, is a Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, a P71 if you will. If you were a rebellious teen or a small-time criminal in the late 90s or early 2000s, chances are you ended up in the backseat of this...thing. But ever wondered about what you'd uncover if you got in the front seat? Let's find out what makes this car so special, starting with the weird quirks and strange features."

Sorry, had to. :lol:

"So I'm here with this large barge of a vehicle. Does it look familiar to you? It should. This car, right here, is a Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, a P71 if you will. If you were a rebellious teen or a small-time criminal in the late 90s or early 2000s, chances are you ended up in the backseat of this...thing. But ever wondered about what you'd uncover if you got in the front seat? Let's find out what makes this car so special, starting with the weird quirks and strange features."

Sorry, had to. :lol:

And if you would like to know more about my thoughts about this car, you can visit my column on autotrader.com/oversteer.

I raise you Mr Regular of RCR.

OMG YES.

"It's your old pal HAR-old Slovensky and TUH-day, we're gonna talk about the two-THOUSAND and sixteen Honda Civic Type-R. This is a GOOD car. The R in its name stands for RACING, which is what the KIDS like..."

Also: Backround music from The Roman would be a must. And "winga-dinga-dinga-dinga" when discussing 1960s-and-earlier American cars. And "Triangles. TRIANGLES. Triangles." And...

After seeing all of the footage, there are some positives and negatives.

Positives:
- Good lord the graphics.
- Seems like an interesting carrer mode ahead.
- Huge roster of Cars as always. Epic customization too.

Negatives:
- There are cars that sound off. Probably some but compared to PCars 2 its underwhelming at best.
- No traction loss on grass? No dirty tires when off track?
- Forza 6 menu feels better tbh. Forza 7 seems more, for lack of better term, "Americanized".

Also there are some footage where there are bits of framerate drops. Not really sure, though.

I agree with the positives 👍 but I would defend the game on some of the negatives:

- Car sounds have been improved by a noticeable margin (including the overall sound stage). If you you're comparing the sounds to CARS2 exclusively and feel they are lacking, that is not the best comparison to begin with, humbly speaking. CARS2 samples are still as artificial and compressed as they were in the first game, though improved. Only slightly however.

- Hmm, no loss of traction in grass is a genuine concern as this wasn't the case in FM6; perhaps this will be addressed in the full game. You're positive no assists were on? Did you have steering set to normal? Normal will dampen or numb down the forces transferred from the various surfaces to the car to deliberately minimize the effects of losing traction due to going over curbs, stepping into grass and back on tarmac, accelerating or braking aggressively around elevation changes and turns etc.

- Menus are beautifully done in FM7. Minimalist and intuitive. We need to see the full game to run a fair comparison with FM6 though.

Let's just have Morgan Freeman narrate everything.

But seriously, as long as Keira from FH3 or the woman from FM6 never make an appearance again, I'm good.
I wouldn't mind the British dude from FM4's career mode making a return.

But seriously, as long as Keira from FH3 or the woman from FM6 never make an appearance again, I'm good.
Kiera's alright, although with that Irish accent she should be called Ciara ;)
Those with longer memories than mine may remember her getting bitten by a snake on the BBC's long running medical disaster soap Casualty.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_9_22_17

• Details on the Homologation feature, which balances cars in each division.
  • Cars are both upgraded and downgraded to certain ceriteria.
  • PI ratings still exist but the aim of the system is to eliminate the ability to create traditional "leaderboard cars".
  • Cars can be automatically Homologated if you don't want to upgrade them manually.
  • Details on Forza Rewards.
  • Weekly credit payments can be issued for all modern Forza titles via Forza Hub or the official website, with higher payouts for higher Tier players.
  • A new Tier has been added, Tier 12.
  • When you first play Forza Motorsport 7, you are given a number of Prize Crates, Badges and Driver Gear items based on your Tier level.
  • DLC and Token purchases are no longer a part of Forza Rewards, and if you played any previous titles your reward scores for DLC and Tokens will now be maxed out.
  • List of supported Xbox One Wheels announced.
  • Special live stream of the full game on September 27.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_9_22_17

• Details on the Homologation feature, which balances cars in each division.
  • Cars are both upgraded and downgraded to certain ceriteria.
  • PI ratings still exist but the aim of the system is to eliminate the ability to create traditional "leaderboard cars".
  • Cars can be automatically Homologated if you don't want to upgrade them manually.
  • Details on Forza Rewards.
  • Weekly credit payments can be issued for all modern Forza titles via Forza Hub or the official website, with higher payouts for higher Tier players.
  • A new Tier has been added, Tier 12.
  • When you first play Forza Motorsport 7, you are given a number of Prize Crates, Badges and Driver Gear items based on your Tier level.
  • DLC and Token purchases are no longer a part of Forza Rewards, and if you played any previous titles your reward scores for DLC and Tokens will now be maxed out.
  • List of supported Xbox One Wheels announced.
  • Special live stream of the full game on September 27.
Then i've finally maxed out Horizon 1... Missing 3 tokens purchased for 150 Forza Reward points. :P

Still gonna miss out on 9 points from Forza 3 and around 30 on Forza 2 due to online servers not working anymore. *sadface* :lol:

OMG YES.

"It's your old pal HAR-old Slovensky and TUH-day, we're gonna talk about the two-THOUSAND and sixteen Honda Civic Type-R. This is a GOOD car. The R in its name stands for RACING, which is what the KIDS like..."

Also: Backround music from The Roman would be a must. And "winga-dinga-dinga-dinga" when discussing 1960s-and-earlier American cars. And "Triangles. TRIANGLES. Triangles." And...

Throwing an occasional fart or burp :lol:

im a bit scared about the wheel list on xbox

im use the t300 Ferrari Integral alcantara.....
on last Forza games im using this wheel, hope it work on fm7, will not buying another wheel again...

I haven't seen any footage of Road Atlanta yet, but that's a prime candidate for a refresh as the corners in Sector 1 were reprofiled a few years ago.

I'm actually a bit less bothered by the car list being just cars from the previous games than I was before (and I wasn't that bothered to being with), with the new lighting engine along with the revised sounds; it makes the list feel rather refreshed.

Road America is also overdue for an update. The “new” Kohler tunnel that was added in 2007 is still not ingame.

2 questions for people following the Forza news closely.

1) I read something about badges rewarded in the loyalty program, what exactly are they?
2) Is manufacturer affinity still in? I watched a few 45 min gameplay videos but didn't see any affinity gained at the end of a race where the credits got handed out.

1) I read something about badges rewarded in the loyalty program, what exactly are they?

2) Is manufacturer affinity still in? I watched a few 45 min gameplay videos but didn't see any affinity gained at the end of a race where the credits got handed out.

1. Badges are in-game avatars/icons that appear in Forza Motorsport titles. You can set one as your favourite and it'll show up alongside your Gamertag in Multiplayer:

maxresdefault.jpg

2. I haven't seen any mention of affinity yet either.

1. Badges are in-game avatars/icons that appear in Forza Motorsport titles. You can set one as your favourite and it'll show up alongside your Gamertag in Multiplayer:

I haven't seen any mention of affinity yet either.

Nah, are you serious it's those badges? Those are for achieving things in game, or for your nationality and such.
In FM7 badges are items that appear in loot crates as well (as you can see on the loot crate window). Surely that's gotta be something else than the FM6 badges.

check out the following video:
(21:18 timestamp)

Have you been paying attention since E3? That seems exactly like something T10 would do. :lol:
This entire goodies up until release is the most flaccid Forza pre-release experience ever. :)
* no extra cars but just boring FE copies from the VIP pass
* no free cars from loyalty program but some driver suites i don't care about, some loot crates that are effectively just credits, and now just some FM6 style badges? :P (granted the crates can contain cars)
* day one DLC pack. have they now finally revealed it yet? Since they are so shy of doing so, this one will be epic... in a flaccid manner. I guess we'll have to find out the day itself then I guess.

Last edited:
I just hope the economy system is just like in FM6. On day one I will have a bunch of cars that I don't need yet. Hopefully I can sell them in-game.

I also hope I we can transfer our Favorite designs, even if we didn't make them. Waiting for all the Forza artists to remake all their designs will be a pain. It's like in FH3; there was a really nice design for the Vandura in FM6, but either the artist never got FH3, or he didn't feel like making it again.

Back