Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
Interesting, it seems some championships will limit which parts you can put on your car rather than just setting a PI limit and having you go at it.
I hope we can set up the same kinds of restrictions for custom lobbies. Would make it easier to enforce custom restrictions for the kind of specialized community race events Failrace often does.

I hope we can set up the same kinds of restrictions for custom lobbies. Would make it easier to enforce custom restrictions for the kind of specialized community race events Failrace often does.

I was thinking exactly the same thing, but I fear we might be asking too much here.

Please T10 let this be possible in the final release.
dYJQMGn.jpg

This is me.
ktiVmjJ.png

New pics from T10.

MvZqo3l.jpg

cSpMcAI.jpg

xPNFRKJ.jpg

aub0vbN.jpg

Last edited:
Negatives:
- There are cars that sound off. Probably some but compared to PCars 2 its underwhelming at best.

Whenever i played pc1 i needed to turn down volume quite a bit,and exactly opposite for Forza,might be this,im are headphone guy and never had any issues regarding sound volume in Forza.That said,i can clearly hear that sound is vastly improved-all mechanical sounds,whistles,turbos,chargers etc. sound much better than in F6

That Camera shaking in pretty intense. I know many people won't like it and there is an option to disable it, But I am leaving that turned on for the immersion. Adds to the drama and excitement of racing, and I kinda like it.

Looks like they fixed the rear lights on the Clio Williams, the blinkers are not amber anymore... and it also looks like the R32 GT-R and the 22B still use the same tired old model. :ouch:

After seeing some gameplay, I'm far more hyped than I was. So much so that I'm going to actually pre-order it.

I was going to get it anyway, I actually liked the addition of some old Forza 4 cars because I never owned a 360. I also like that they seem to have added widebodies since Horizon 3.

Looks like they fixed the rear lights on the Clio Williams, the blinkers are not amber anymore... and it also looks like the R32 GT-R and the 22B still use the same tired old model. :ouch:
What jumps out to you on the 22B? It was kinda fixed from FM6 onwards and for FM7 they're implying they've redone it from scratch. I wonder if the "new" version isn't in the builds we've been shown?

Those car are possibly the Showcase reward cars or a part of the rare car dealer thing.

More likely part of the day one patch. But what I was more interested in is the presence of cars that weren't announced, which means that not all the cars missing from the "720 cars" statistic are Forza Editions. And then there's the fact that apparently there are 745 individual vehicles in the version that's doing the rounds with the press, which could point to Forza Editions not being counted at all. The decision to only allow Youtubers to show a limited portion of the cars present in the game also seems quite arbitrary - we're seeing gameplay footage involving cars, such as the Renault R.S.17 F1 car, which are not present in the Showroom vids.

I'm not saying this means anything - as of currently I'm considering the rumors concerning the Alfa Giulia QV, Fiat Spider 124 and Porsche 804 unfounded - but this is starting to become very confusing and I'd like, for once, T10 to be clear from the get-go on what to expect from their games.

What jumps out to you on the 22B? It was kinda fixed from FM6 onwards and for FM7 they're implying they've redone it from scratch. I wonder if the "new" version isn't in the builds we've been shown?

It's hard to tell, I've re-had a look at the video and to be honest I'm not so sure anymore it's not been updated. The grille and headlights looked odd in that clip, but it's hard to pass a judgement because we see it for about half a second.

Edit: I'm guessing it'll be a bit like it was with FM4, you had some cars on disk 1 and the others were on disk 2; only this time some cars (470ish I would guess judging by the videos) are on the disk and the others will be part of the 50gb update.

Last edited:
As expected, most of the models are recycled and unchanged. The 2012 ZL1 is as bad as ever, for example.
However, one glimmer of hope caught my eye. The S15 appears to be new, or at least fixed. The strange side skirts are finally gone.

0EFE332A-BCEE-4600-9E5A-BD5CB03D8D48.jpeg

Last edited:

There's a brief glimpse at the customization including the wheels, it looks like we're finally getting some centerlock race wheels @ around 2:15 or so. :D

Latest Posts

Back