Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
On xbox.com it says 6.99 for the hoonigan pack for fm7.

So the hoonigan pack is actually purchasable? I read somewhere it wouldn't be available after launch if you didn't pre order digitally but that doesn't make sense, most pre order DLC ends up being able to be brought after launch at some time or another. Really want the Mustang and the Holden drift ute

IMG_0593.JPG

Very cool photo. Hopefully our garages are like this, and this isn't just a fancy PR photo.

Also, having the pitlane on the right hand side of Maple Valley should work much better, as having the the pit exit come straight on to the racing line, like, the old version, is always a bit risky.

Looks like #7 and #8 have been answered on my "10 questions I have about Forza Motorsport 7" list. #2, #3 and #4 are the critical ones for me that still don't have answers.

1. Can we import our designs and vinyl groups from previous titles? (Yes)

2. How do the Storefront and other content sharing tools function? (Unanswered)

3. What systems are in place to discourage people from deliberately crashing into one another in Public Hoppers? (Unanswered)

4. Will there be more effective tools to kick consistently unsporting players from Public Multiplayer Hoppers? (Unanswered)

5. What changes have been made to the League system from Forza Motorsport 6? (Unanswered)

6. Will some form of #Forzathon exist? (Yes)

7. Will there be a Co-Op Campaign feature? (No)

8. Will Saved Replays contain all of the UI elements of a normal race; laptimes/position etc.? (No)

9. Will Saved Replays run at 60fps? (Unanswered)

10. Is there some way to send editable vinyl groups and designs to other players? (Unanswered)

https://rectifygaming.com/preview-forza-7/

It’s great that we finally have night available on COTA in Forza Motorsport 7, however I was disappointed by many of the track locations still only offering ‘Day’ configuration options.

Imagine racing down the beautiful city-streets of Prague at Night or taking on returning fan-favourite Mugello in the thundering Rain. Whilst not all tracks support these conditions, the ones that do are incredible. I loved Maple Valley and Suzuka in the Rain, whilst the dynamic skies on each track promise to make each race look and feel different.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/...laying-forza-motorsport-7-for-the-xbox-one-x/

Forza 7 takes an interesting approach to how it gives you access to those 700 cars. During the campaign, you can't just hop in and buy the best car in the game. Rather, the vehicles are split into various tiers -- at first, you are only given access to the lower tier of cars, but each vehicle that is added to your collection adds to a higher garage score. Higher garage scores grant access to better cars.

Of course, there's also the ability to just skip all of that nonsense in the Free Play mode, which lets you do what you want to do.

Finally have actual confirmation of dynamic time. AR12s video at around the 14 minute mark he starts a race at Sebring at night and ends the race in early morning. Hopefully we get full 24hour time transitions and options to adjust the speed time changes. I want to set up 1 hour races with full day to night and back to day time changes.

After seeing all of the footage, there are some positives and negatives.

Positives:
- Good lord the graphics.
- Seems like an interesting carrer mode ahead.
- Huge roster of Cars as always. Epic customization too.

Negatives:
- There are cars that sound off. Probably some but compared to PCars 2 its underwhelming at best.
- No traction loss on grass? No dirty tires when off track?
- Forza 6 menu feels better tbh. Forza 7 seems more, for lack of better term, "Americanized".

Also there are some footage where there are bits of framerate drops. Not really sure, though.

Latest Posts

Back