Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
Thanks, maybe I should have checked the link first. I was expecting a day one patch of maybe 5-10GB but this far beyond that.

Its a bit poor, you're expecting to buy the full game available from day one on the disc keeping in mind that everything else from that day onwards will be patches or DLC which is cool but this doesnt rest easy with me. I pre ordered the game on disc so I wouldnt have to download tens of GBs just to play the game in its launch form and now here we are.

I'd be happy to wait a bit longer just so they can release the game as one whole item without download half of it

It does seem to be the direction things are going- the games are getting quite large with so many assets.

Perhaps it is also because it gives Turn 10 the flexibility to finish off the game in a rehashed direction as they are still working on it as we speak. Auction house and leagues are not even finished yet. It also would save them from printing costs of a second disc to get them up to 90-95GB.

That's why I just download games digitally now. Saves space, more convenient and fewer headaches like the problem outlined above. But I can see how collectors of racing games who want to purchase hard copies would be pissed.

I'd be happy to download stufff more if internet in Australia was a lot faster then it is. Thats the main problem living in such a big country with such poor internet infrastructure. They're rolling out the NBN which is supposed to be a lot faster but it wont be complete in my lifetime thanks to our idiotic politicians.

I feel bad for the Aussies and other countries with slow download speeds. Too bad Turn 10 couldn't have gone gold with a 2-disc release like in the olden days.

So this 50gb day one patch, for those of us getting the ultimate edition(any edition really), will we be able to pre-download that? I mean, yeah that's great I'll get to play on Friday, but if I have to wait until that Friday to do the day one patch, it will be Sunday before I can play.

Also, what's this noise I've been reading about. Will this change anything with microsofts new smart download system supposed to be coming?

http://cogconnected.com/2017/09/xbox-one-intelligent-design/

Last edited:
Well, time to start investing in an external hard drive. I'll only have roughly 40 GB left on my Xbox once I have the complete FM7, and let's not even talk about car packs and potential expansions.

Well, time to start investing in an external hard drive. I'll only have roughly 40 GB left on my Xbox once I have the complete FM7, and let's not even talk about car packs and potential expansions.
Do you have a decent internet connection? I usually uninstall a game after I beat it, and know that I won't be playing it much. I can always reinstall it if I want to play again.

Do you have a decent internet connection? I usually uninstall a game after I beat it, and know that I won't be playing it much. I can always reinstall it if I want to play again.

My internet is good but I personally prefer just keeping my games. The only game I've deleted from my Xbox is NFS 2015, but only because of how terrible it was.

Naturally, the game can be played from the disc alone. However, if you want to experience the true depth and breadth of content in Forza Motorsport 7, you’ll want to take the additional update. A great example is the Forza Driver’s Cup single-player campaign. While all players can complete the first play-through of the Forza Driver’s Cup on disc, beating the series unlocks a wealth of new Forza Driver’s Cup content, including new competitive and Showcase events, as well as new trophies and Driver Gear rewards. In order to access those new events and rewards, you’ll need to have the additional update installed.

...why?

Are the 4K assets so large that they require two huge updates? What is there in single player to warrant 50gb?

...why?

Are the 4K assets so large that they require two huge updates? What is there in single player to warrant 50gb?

I assume the 50gb launch update has nothing to do with 4k Assets. That comes on the 7th of November with the Xbox One X.

Forza 7 is 95gb on OG XB1, and I'd assume it's so big because of baked in TOD options and dynamic skies on every track. Also 700 cars too.

So the extra 50gb is probably made up of mostly cars and different TOD options for the environments in the game, which are incorporated into the elite career.

Last edited:
Why are people surprised of FM7's size? We already knew it was a possible >100 GB title. And we all know how much a BRD can hold.

-

Speciality dealer will have "unique cars". Will they be Forza Editions, or will they use that function to add in new cars? Whatever the case may be, whoever said that hype would've gone up as soon as T10 started dropping some real info was right: I'm really starting to feel impatient, can't wait to get my paws on the game now!

50GB day one patch?

This is ridiculous. My internet struggles to handle 10GB in updates let alone 50....Australian internet is utterly dismal

So if you buy on disc and then fire it up in Xbox One offline it won't work? That's pretty wrong if so.

You ought to read Brian Eckberg's post again at Forzamotorsport.net. He said, in order to enjoy the full game features "it's better" you download the update, otherwise you can play the game just fine. I'm on a 4MB DSL connection myself. No issues at all - i'll simply leave my console on Instant On and let it download. Should be done in about 2 days, maybe less. I'm happy with that. No rush at all, I don't need to catch a train or anything. :D

You ought to read Brian Eckberg's post again at Forzamotorsport.net. He said, in order to enjoy the full game features "it's better" you download the update, otherwise you can play the game just fine. I'm on a 4MB DSL connection myself. No issues at all - i'll simply leave my console on Instant On and let it download. Should be done in about 2 days, maybe less. I'm happy with that. No rush at all, I don't need to catch a train or anything. :D

4mb? I'm on around that speed. Don't really want to leave an Xbox one for 2 days, it's not a PS2 haha. I would like to know what's in the downloaded bit. If it's cars and tracks that would be a shame but if it's just graphical stuff etc I can live without that.

Yes :D
IMG_20170917_214858.png

I'll wait to hear impressions from demos and see if there is any last minute inclusions on the carlist to see if I hold onto my preorder or not. Not in a rush to cancel but that 50GB is a big elephant in the room. If its a big step over FM6 I'll make it work somehow (????) where theres a will theres a way but if its just a graphical upgrade form FM6 then it might not be enough not to cancel.

Was entertaining ideas of downloading the demo til the news of the day one download dropped. Haha no I'll save that bandwith for the actual game.

I'll wait to hear impressions from demos and see if there is any last minute inclusions on the carlist to see if I hold onto my preorder or not. Not in a rush to cancel but that 50GB is a big elephant in the room. If its a big step over FM6 I'll make it work somehow (????) where theres a will theres a way but if its just a graphical upgrade form FM6 then it might not be enough not to cancel.

Was entertaining ideas of downloading the demo til the news of the day one download dropped. Haha no I'll save that bandwith for the actual game.

Did you pre-order the digital or physical version? Because if it's the digital version XBL will likely charge your card sometime this week, meaning you likely won't have time to second guess your pre-order after the demo.

Did you pre-order the digital or physical version? Because if it's the digital version XBL will likely charge your card sometime this week, meaning you likely won't have time to second guess your pre-order after the demo.

I pre ordered it on disc from EB games because of my crappy internet hoping this would get around having to download tens of GB on said crappy internet (im in Australia, our internet infrastructure here is worse then some third world countries lol). I WAS WRONG :lol:

I can always cancel before release date and get my deposit back so I've got a week and a half to make a decision. As I said I'm not in a hurry.

I'd assume it'll offer a mix of both

Ten bucks say it will be a mixture of:

• cars that can be implemented from assets which have already been acquired, and at the same time are worthy of a "rare cars dealer". This is something they've done already with the Volvo 1800E, which for gaming purposes is basically a reskinned Amazon. It may also be a way to see certain cars like the Austin-Healeys and MGs return from FM4;
  • Alternate liveries (as separate new models) for racecars. Again, it's something we've already seen in FH3, and for a DLC racecar no less: the #75 WRX STI Rally Car is a reskin of the #199 car that was added with Blizzard Mountain. And with NASCARs and Indycars and god-know-what-they-may-add there's plenty of alternate liveries to provide;
  • Lolza Editions literally nobody cares about.

But I may be very likely to lose those ten bucks if T10 intends to keep up with the current tone. I wouldn't expect a massive effort regardless, in all likelihood they'll have two or three cars per rotation at best.

"Loads of new footage about everything"... Yeah. I'll believe it when I'll see it. But my birthday is on Tuesday, so it'd be an helluva present, *wink wink*, *nod nod*.

I heard that there will be new gameplay videos out in about 4 hours from the media on the Xbox One X, including a race on Maple Valley.

Last edited:
Back