Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
Whats wrong with it? I can hear immediately that its improved.

Well in the FM7 clip the sound has much more high pitch tones, to the point it just sounds very irritating. Just listen to that clip without looking at the video, it really sounds downright annoying. The sound of the same car in FM6 doesn't have the high pitch tone but more deeper bass tones, it's much more nerve-friendly to listen to. :)

That's just my observation of this one car though, I'm sure overall (for the 620+ car models) the sound will be satisfying and more or less similar to what is in FM6. I highly doubt Turn 10 went through all the cars to redo the sound, they probably just did it for a handful of cars they want to put in the spotlight (like this Nissan for their storm tech demo).

They BOP'd the 🤬 out of it so it could run with the GT3 and GTE cars. Could they not license a GT-R GT3 for some reason? Because I can't see them adding a GT500 Honda or Lexus, and those would have the same issue.

Welcome to Forza Motorsport, the game that has to be easily accessible for both young and old. Anything too serious or too complicated (like correct motorsport series, or different tires for these dynamic storms) is left out of the game. So in that aspect everything from GT1, GT2, GT3, GTE, single-make series like Super Trofeo (both Maserati and Ferrari) and GT500 are all racing in the same dull generic "modern GT" class. In similar fashion anything from LMP1 (H & L), LMP2, DP, LMP900 and even Group C are all racing in the generic "endurance prototypes". If they make it any more realistic (read: complicated) the young kiddies for whom this game is ment to be easy to step into will have a difficult time to learn the game.

I probably get flamed once again for favoring another game without even mentioning its title but the above is just the reality of what the Forza franchise has become anno 2017, whether people like it or not. The 300+ racing suites (including astronauts, mummies, tuxedos and chefs!), the Hoonigan car pack, the overly dramatic thunderstorm weather, the 4K HDR tech demo nature, ... everything new to this game is pointing in the direction that "looking cool and appealing for the YouTube generation" is the primary focus of this franchise. Actually replicating something realistic from real life motorsport series is pushed to the bottom of the Turn 10 priorities list, if it's even on that list in the first place...

Last edited:
Do you think they should shoehorn more untested features in to spice it up a little? There are other franchises that do that. Either you want it to work or you want the unpredictability. Although they are the company which took a chance on a wildly different spin-off franchise (which also seems to have been reliable and bug-free).
When a game featuring more than 700 cars, 32 tracks, amazing graphics thanks to the new Xbox, in-depth customisation, dynamic weather... and left some old fans of Forza cold. Something is wrong.

When a game featuring more than 700 cars, 32 tracks, amazing graphics thanks to the new Xbox, in-depth customisation, dynamic weather... and left some old fans of Forza cold. Something is wrong.
With the game or with some of the old fans? I'll admit I don't want to buy the ultimate edition but that's more to do with what could be considered an overcrowded release schedule than with any glaring faults with a game which none of us have played yet. However 4K came at just the right time for me and it'd be tough going back to the old 1080p version just because it has a vaguely similar car roster. Some folks are just plain hard to please.

Well in the FM7 clip the sound has much more high pitch tones, to the point it just sounds very irritating. Just listen to that clip without looking at the video, it really sounds downright annoying. The sound of the same car in FM6 doesn't have the high pitch tone but more deeper bass tones, it's much more nerve-friendly to listen to.
The high pitch tones are from the straight cut gears in the transmission. This is a sound real world racecars have that was largely missing in FM6, However I would admit that the gear sounds are a bit too load in chase cam. Cockpit, Hood, and Bumper cam are fine.

Does anyone know when the reviewers get their copies?
No, but one would suspect it's a week before launch.

A good hint is that if the game can be pre-loaded in its entirety it can also be sent out to reviewers. Reviewers would get the typical code for a game but also a second code that unlocks the ability to play it before the street date.

The high pitch tones are from the straight cut gears in the transmission. This is a sound real world racecars have that was largely missing in FM6, However I would admit that the gear sounds are a bit too load in chase cam. Cockpit, Hood, and Bumper cam are fine.

Yes I know what race cars supposed to sound like since I watch a lot of real life races. That typical transmission whine sound is indeed lacking in Forza games but whatever they did with the Nissan SuperGT in FM7 doesn't really reassemble that sound IMO.

Below is a video of the real deal Nissan GT-R SuperGT, the transmission whine is even more in the background compared to for example a GT3 car. That powerful raw mechanical engine sound is really lacking in the Forza video IMO.

Just a quick FYI, footage of the full game will be coming out on the 19th (same date as the demo)

Some press/youtubers got to play the full game for an hour about a week or so ago (and record) at an Xbox showcase event in the UK.

Oh good. Can't wait to see how the cars sound this time around and how the handling has been improved. Sure hope it hasn't gotten more arcade-like.

What makes you think the game won't be amazing looking on the regular One models? The One-X only has HDR and 4K going for it as far as FM7 is concerned, everything else is identical in all versions (no HDR for original One).

Just a quick FYI, footage of the full game will be coming out on the 19th (same date as the demo)

Some press/youtubers got to play the full game for an hour about a week or so ago (and record) at an Xbox showcase event in the UK.
Looks like they want to control the first impressions of the game after what happened with the last 2 titles.

For those that aren't aware, "influencers" were given access to Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 3 before release and under strict instruction to only show the first 2 hours of Single Player. Some of those people ended up showing "everything" (cars, menus, Auction House etc.), including Multiplayer.

Looks like they want to control the first impressions of the game after what happened with the last 2 titles.

For those that aren't aware, "influencers" were given access to Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 3 before release and under strict instruction to only show the first 2 hours of Single Player. Some of those people ended up showing "everything" (cars, menus, Auction House etc.), including Multiplayer.

I think those influencers will still get access to FM7 early (and be able to stream) but you're right in that their first impressions of the game will be from a controlled event.

Definitely intrigued though, apparently there's lots of interesting info to be found from those videos press/youtubers recorded.

The game is almost out and we have seen so little about it... demo footage wont change that. I would have drooled over every new gameplay vid, every new screenshot but there is not much to see for us. What about Mapple Raceway? Sebring with dynamic weather? New cars in forzavista? The 2017 919 in action?

Such strange marketing...

The game is almost out and we have seen so little about it... demo footage wont change that. I would have drooled over every new gameplay vid, every new screenshot but there is not much to see for us. What about Mapple Raceway? Sebring with dynamic weather? New cars in forzavista? The 2017 919 in action?

I agree man. With all these cars they have in game they could have at least shown a few more. Maybe show some new bodykit options etc. Like besides the e3 and very similar gamerscom demo we haven't had any other gameplay videos at all. Weird and a little wrong for us fans.

The worst marketed Forza game yet, and that is saying something.

Well, they went crazy with the FH3 marketing and I found it disappointing (was clearly built for short term gameplay). So maybe the lack of marketing will lead to the opposite?

Perhaps the game really does not have much to offer apart from more tracks and cars. That could be one "theory" for the lack of content reveal. Dynamic ToD on select tracks only, driver gear. That's pretty much it. I don't really count 4K and HDR as a feature as that's just an enhancement. It appears the game remains largely unchanged since FM6 as far as core gamplay is concerned. Otherwise, they'd really be showing off the rest of the tracks and other cars as well.

One day when one of these YouTube channels interview Dan or whoever next, I want them to ask their reasoning about their way of Marketing because the way they go about it is properly bad. I don't see a reason for such a lack in communication and information.

I think the only reason for this kind of marketing is that they dont really need it. The game will sell anyways and it will remain the xbox one x flagship title for them for quite some time. There is an incredible short time between reveal and release for an AAA title. In that perspective, it almost makes sense they will do only 2 trailers (E3 trailer and launch trailer, i would guess)

Still, their gamescom showing was really poor with no new trailer, almost the same demo as E3, no public showing of the game in 4K and no ffb wheel support. As far as i know, they wont even be at Simracing Expo this weekend at the Nürburgring, which is bonkers, because last year, there was FH3 and the game was playable with fanatec (!) wheels.

At this point, we dont have any impressions how Forza 7 will feel with ffb and if there are any improvements in terms of wheel support. It worries me a bit.

At this point, we dont have any impressions how Forza 7 will feel with ffb and if there are any improvements in terms of wheel support.
You'll get your first impressions on the 19th when the demo releases. I believe I read that the demo will come with full wheel support.

One day when one of these YouTube channels interview Dan or whoever next, I want them to ask their reasoning about their way of Marketing because the way they go about it is properly bad. I don't see a reason for such a lack in communication and information.

There are plenty of reasons. One is cost. Another is that influencers w/ early access will advertise for them.

Anyway there'll definitely be something this week. They've still got cars/Day 1 car pack to reveal, plus other stuff (like homologation, speciality dealer, loyalty rewards etc). Then demos & previews next week.

Last edited:
https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/589223/GT+Sports+Yamauchi+is+clearly+a+wheel+guy/
"Well it really depends on 'is the developer a wheel guy or not?', especially when it comes to console games," he said. "For example, Kazunori Yamauchi, he's clearly a wheel guy, so look at this game and it's definitely made for steering wheels, while there are other games out there, I don't want to mention them, which are... where the people think more about 'what's the biggest install base and these are controller users, so we first adapt 100% for those users'. So that's what we have on console.
I think about a game but not sure...

You'll get your first impressions on the 19th when the demo releases. I believe I read that the demo will come with full wheel support.

I dont own an xbox wheel, i just have a G29. Wanted to try out Forza 7 with a wheel to see how much of an improvement this might be. But yeah, people will post their impressions here.

Forza Horizon 3 has been in the U.K. Retailer Top 20 charts pretty much every week since release.

---

I presume it'll be the standard E3 demo and not an IndyCar experience on display.

One thing I spotted was the coloured Forza logo. The logo in this style has never been coloured to my knowledge, not since they switched from the older version seen in Forza Motorsport 4. It has always been single-colour, usually black or white.

Noticed the coloured logo as well. Maybe they'll have that part of the logo coloured from now on, with the colour changing depending on the theme of whatever the logo is on. (e.g Blue logo if it's on a Ford thing, green for Xbox etc.)

Back