Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
Can't wait to drive this in the next F1 game:

Qx6zMlJ.jpg

logo-social.png

Huh. I live about half an hour south of Seattle, and I'm a Sounders fan even though I've never been to a game. Maybe it's time.
Marketing, it works :P

If you get to play the game be sure to let us know how it looks/feels. You'll most likely be playing the same demo build we saw at Gamescom.

Some things I have noticed while playing F1 2017's Public Multiplayer (their Hopper system):

• Races are 5 laps long, taking about 8-10 minutes instead of Forza's 5-6. This lets people have prolonged battles with others, allows the field to spread out and gives those who start at the back (or fall behind after the start) some time to catch up.
  • About half of the races feature a 1 lap Qualifying session. This puts the faster people at the front and gives them time to "break free" from the more aggressive players who tend to be slower.
  • Warnings and time penalties are given out for corner-cutting in both Qualifying and races.
  • A light amount of mechanical damage is applied; enough to let people get away with minor bumps but bigger collisions can cause handling issues. Severe contacts with walls causes cars to retire as they lose a wheel.
  • Drivers are ghosted very quickly if they spin.
  • Drivers are ghosted if they pause the game (AI driver takes control) or drive the wrong way.
  • Drivers appear to be ghosted if they go a lap down; I haven't come across a single "Forza style" griefer who waits for the leaders to come round and take them out.
  • Player count is lower; I see between 6 and 15 players in each race.
  • Extra XP is awarded for clean laps, penalty-free races, finishing in the top half of the field etc.
  • There is a visible "vote to kick" system but it's not used by enough players to be worthwhile.

There are still people who crash or struggle with these cars, which is understandable as every race is on the same pace level as an X-Class race would be in Forza. That being said the races I have had over the past few weeks have largely been very clean, with a lot of good battles going on. There are races that are "ruined" in the opening lap too but they're in the minority compared to what I see in Forza.

Just some food for thought.

Any guesses as to what the day one car pack will be? Some possible ideas

- Fast & Furious 8 (the most likely one)
- Porsche Legends Pack
- European Legends Pack (w/ the Horizon leaks, Jensen Interceptor, Bugatti Type 37 etc)
- IMSA/ALMS/Weather Tech SCC Race Pack (w/LMP2 class & GT3/GTLM)
- American Muscle Pack (FM4 throwback)
- Exotic Car Pack (FM3 throwback)

Last edited:
Just imagine a racing game with all the tracks from Highway 35, ESPECIALLY that futuristic metropolis one seen towards the end of the movie :bowdown:

I miss arcade racing games like SF Rush and Hydro Thunder, they seriously need to comeback so we can take a break from all those simulators.

So With all this Car collecting tier reward system, 700++cars and so on, i really hope they changed the cars in garage limit from 600 on Forza 6.

You'd hope so. I remember there being some sort of technical limitation on the garage limit in older 360 gen games but if they've got 700+ cars at launch and will likely add over 100 cars w/DLC, the garage limit needs to be more around the 850-900 number.

Last edited:
New Forza 7 Commercial. Mostly live action with a little bit of in-game footage.

Neat.

No new info (it's a commercial, so don't expect any) but it does have a fun Forza vibe where "you can drive any car you want and have fun".

Also, no mention of 4K, 700 cars, HDR :eek:

--

This is the ":censored:box" that nobody wanted to drive. No indication that it'll be in the game but if you want to know more...

The one in the commercial is de-badged so I suspect it's in there purely for comedic reasons and not as a potential game addition.

Last edited:
https://news.xbox.com/2017/09/07/fm7-gone-gold-and-demo/

Forza Motorsport 7 Demo – Sept. 19
The official demo for Forza Motorsport 7 is coming for both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. The demo features three unique racing experiences in Forza Motorsport 7, showcasing the depth and breadth of the experiences available in the game. Drive the Forza Motorsport 7 cover car – the Porsche 911 GT2 RS – to the brand-new Dubai circuit and experience the thrill of navigating the Jebel Hafeet Pass, one of the most famous driving roads in the world. Or, pilot the massive Mercedes-Benz Tankpool racing truck to victory at the high-speed Mugello circuit in Italy.

For drivers who want the ultimate test, the Nissan NISMO GT-R LM is available for a race at the Nürburgring Grand Prix circuit. Here, fans will be challenged to handle the ‘Ring’s complex corners and elevation changes, while also tackling the dynamic track conditions that will make racing in Forza Motorsport 7 so breathtaking. Racing through rainstorms laced with thunder and lightning make for a visual showcase and for a challenge like no other – where dynamic puddles grow and shrink with the intensity of the rain.

Just to be sure, are there any rewards or extra stuff you get in FM7 for playing the demo?

I'm not sure when I get my XB1 back, and I don't wanna miss out on anything. :dopey:

Just noticed something : still 30 fps rear view mirror in cockpit cam even on XBox one X?! More than the awful shifting animation, the 30fps rear view mirror breaks the immersion IMO. Maybe I'm the only one annoyed by this but my eyes keep seeing two different framerates on the same screen. I don't know how to explain it.

Latest Posts

Back