Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
Basically, everybody missed it (or it's intentional :indiff:).
If it's intentional, then that means they don't have the rights to Mobil1, so they changed the spelling, much like you'll see "Somy" instead of "Sony" on TVs in Japanese manga and anime.

Similar situation. On the spoiler of the car, the Car company was spelled wrong lol.

Wow! :eek:
maxresdefault.jpg

If it's intentional, then that means they don't have the rights to Mobil1, so they changed the spelling, much like you'll see "Somy" instead of "Sony" on TVs in Japanese manga and anime.
We have seen with other brands that Turn 10 don't do the whole "fake replacement" thing. They'll simply remove a logo if they don't have the rights to use it, or it is of a "mature brand" like a cigarette manufacturer:

latest

Note the lack of several sponsors compared to the real car:

7724_16m_001.jpg

I chalk this "Mobli 1" thing up to being an error that got past everyone somehow.

Somebody had posted this on Forzamotorsports.net as part of a features list that appears to be official, but couldn’t trace back.
https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst99374_FM7-New-Features-List.aspx

From a Forza quick fact list:
Lighting: Dynamic Skies, Night Mode” which would seem suggest that there's no transition from day to night, but dynamic skies
would be from dusk till dawn & night time would it own separate time.

I don't know... Maybe we're too demanding. Forza is a good product, polished, generous.
Somebody had posted this on Forzamotorsports.net as part of a features list that appears to be official, but couldn’t trace back.
https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst99374_FM7-New-Features-List.aspx

From a Forza quick fact list:
Lighting: Dynamic Skies, Night Mode” which would seem suggest that there's no transition from day to night, but dynamic skies
would be from dusk till dawn & night time would it own separate time.
Dynamic skies like moving clouds? I guess if it was dynamic TOD it would be in every trailer and simply the biggest new feature next to the dynamic weather.

I don't know... Maybe we're too demanding. Forza is a good product, polished, generous.

Dynamic skies like moving clouds? I guess if it was dynamic TOD it would be in every trailer and simply the biggest new feature next to the dynamic weather.

The list separated weather from dynamic skies, "Weather: Dynamic weather with clouds, lightning, rain, and puddles", thus the line of thinking

Calm down dude. @PJTierney wrote a perfectly reasonable post about how he is feeling about FM7 pre-release. Not sure it warranted such a reply particularly when he has been FM7's biggest advocate and info provider running up to release.
I don't think claiming FM5 has as much content as FM7 is either accurate or reasonable.
Same goes with FM6.

Take a look at all the posts around here where people claim FM6 has everything FM7 does.
Even though it's completely untrue, when people like myself, with our stupid facts and figures point out their fallacies, they don't want to talk about that.

I'm also tired of the "but you need 4k for 4k" rhetoric.

Next time I will post a "thank you captain obvious" meme so nobody thinks it was too harsh. :)

i got a xbox one s for bmy birthday early august and i am sooooooo hyped for Forza 7 and i have forza horizon 3 and LOVING IT, im aussie and love holdens and hsv so was soo good to finally play horizon 3 and cant wait for forza 7 and forza 5 with top gear pack is apart of xbox live for free in september. I also enjoy forza 6 too and just sit for hours opening up cars and looking and gorcking over them lol ;)

588f44f4-7281-4014-bac6-8691d569c621.jpg

This is a general discussion thread for things that don't really fit anywhere else, and aren't necessarily in-depth enough to require their own separate thread. A place to "shoot the breeze" if you will.

You all know the score; come in, hang out, and be nice to each other ;)
i just found my perfect background for laptop thank you so much :)

I don't think claiming FM5 has as much content as FM7 is either accurate or reasonable.
Same goes with FM6.

Take a look at all the posts around here where people claim FM6 has everything FM7 does.
Even though it's completely untrue, when people like myself, with our stupid facts and figures point out their fallacies, they don't want to talk about that.

I'm also tired of the "but you need 4k for 4k" rhetoric.

Next time I will post a "thank you captain obvious" meme so nobody thinks it was too harsh. :)
I didn't say that I believe the 2 games have the same amount of content. My last paragraph refers to the "average gamer" who maybe doesn't follow the Forza news as closely as we do. I track and document the news on this game almost as much as @ManteoMax, you know I know that the "90% identical content" line is misinformed :sly:

Also regarding 4K, I have a 4K TV (Samsung KS8000) and if I get Forza Motorsport 7 an Xbox One X will sit right under it. I was not stating that "you must have the right equipment to enjoy this game", I was making the point that "with the best equipment this game will look amazing". I'm sure it'll look good on Xbox One S at 1080p on an SDR display as well, but objectively it'll look better in 4K/HDR.

Anyway, the overall point of my post was that I noticed a lot more pre-release negativity with this game than I have previous titles. Towards the end I also put in my own 2 cents about how I feel currently; content is fine, but I care more about what I do with said content and still have unanswered questions about that.

Some light speculation:
  • The next 3 months worth of #Forzathon events for Forza Horizon 3 were added to Xbox Live today.
  • In the last these got added with content updates and DLC releases so I have a feeling that that game's DLC cycle has come to an end.

• Now that "all" of the cars have been revealed for Forza Motorsport 7, Microsoft need to find another way to keep people talking about the game for the next 4 weeks ahead of its release.
  • It'll go Gold in a week or two so expect an announcement on that.
  • A demo is also coming.
  • Even if both of those become announcementsnon separate weeks there are some gaps in September to fill. I suspect we'll get 1 or 2 articles on a few features (Leagues, Homologation, Loyalty Rewards etc.) in the coming weeks.
  • Most modern games make most of their sales during the first few weeks of launch so it's important to keep the hype train going, or at the very least bring it up to full speed a week or 2 before launch.

• In the last these got added with content updates and DLC releases so I have a feeling that that game's DLC cycle has come to an end.

Not necessarily - it just means that there won't be any car added via Forzathon in the next three months, which is hardly surprising.
Although it's fair to assume that we may see the infamous "leaked cars" in a "Gone Gold" announcement or in FM7 DLC, or that they may be part of the FH4 car list, or even that the files were just added in anticipation of a licensing deal that never came through (as is the case for the Toyota Sports 800, at least for the moment), I wouldn't discount the possibility of an "eleventh hour" pack hitting the Store next Tuesday on that basis alone.
The possibility of a last minute DLC featuring some of the leaked cars would also explain why no new Porsche racecar with a significant "woah" factor was announced - if they were waiting until the last possible moment to add the 917 to FH3, they wouldn't place it in the FM7 carlist. Although the possibility that there may not be any such car in FM7's day one car list is also very real.
I'd also say it's too early to say FH3 is down for the count. The overlap between the Horizon and Motorsport user bases has shrunk quite a lot since the FH1 era, and PG has become a much more independent studio, which means that they can probably keep their game afloat without T10's help. And if PG is willing to invest the time and resources to bring their game up to the new 4k standards via a patch, then it stands to reason to think they may want to keep interest alive for a while still. Again, it's basically certain that no new assets will be added after the launch of FM7, but I think there's no rush to smother Horizon's flame just now.
A September DLC would be unusual - IIRC, it'd be the first in the Xbox One era (other than the FnF pack for FH2) - FM7 will officially release in October, almost a full month later, thus giving players time to actually get some use out of it if. Which is why I'm saying I'd be surprised, but not shocked, to see a 917 or a Bugatti 57 driving through the Maroondah Rainforest on fm.net's homepage come Tuesday.

(But if I had to bet, I'd say those cars are our day one car pack, or will feature in one of the early DLCs. In which case, oh boy, whoever goofed and released that debug version really ruined T10/PG's plans!)

-

Anyways, anybody up to recreate that livery with the Forza-proper "Mobli1" logo? :lol:

I went ahead and created the Mobli 1 logo for FM6 as well. Should be able to find it by searching Mobli 1.

EDIT: looks like the guys on Reddit like it.

Last edited:
@SlipZtrEm can we get this thread pinned too? Hopefully the last pin request before launch ;)

-----

Since news is thin on the ground at the moment and Turn 10 have run out of cars to reveal (:sly:) let's take a look at

ManteoMax
The question is always the same because the pattern is always the same. Between E3 and launch, other than car reveals (and not counting presence at Goodwood, Comic-Con, etc):

2013 FM5
  • July 3 - How Turn 10 Uses Lion Roars and Human Screams for audio
  • July 16 - Forza Rewards beta program
  • July 30 - Xbox Smart Match system
  • August 8 - Xbox One unboxing video
  • August 9 - Behind the Scenes at T10 with Dan Greenawalt
  • August 15 - Limited Edition, VIP, Day One cars announcement
  • August 19 - Gamescom: new demo, Spa (and Laguna Seca) announced, Career mode details, Dan Greenawalt talking physics/Calspan
  • September 4 - Bathurst announced
  • September 18 - Forza FilmSpeed
  • "We’ve heard the feedback. You want more Forza 5 information. And, starting next week, you’re going to be getting more. A lot more, in fact. Beginning on Wednesday, Sept. 25, we’ll be unveiling “The Forza Motorsport 5 Showroom” here on the site, where we’ll be announcing the cars that will be playable in Forza Motorsport 5. Each Wednesday we’ll reveal a new batch of awesome cars until we complete the full car list in November."
  • September 26 - Alps and Silverstone reveal, Xbox One impulse triggers
  • October 6 - Drivatar difficulty settings
  • October 10 - Assists overview
  • October 18 - Modern Hypercars overview
  • October 24 - Direct video feeds begin weekly, Drivatars and the cloud
  • October 28 - Car Pass announced
  • November 4 - Day One Car Pack announced
  • November 5 - Launch trailer
  • November 8 - press pre-release coverage
  • November 22 - LAUNCH and website redesign

2014 FH2
  • July - no new info
  • August 12 - Gamescom gameplay videos, menus and map, Forza Fuel announced
  • August 27 - Achievement list, Demo announcement
  • August 28 - Music list
  • September 5 - ForzaFuel begins
  • September 8 - FH2 on 360 details
  • September 11 - Launch trailer, Loyalty rewards
  • September 16 - Demo release, Ultimate, VIP, and Car Pass details
  • September 19 - tv live action trailer
  • September 22 - press streaming previews
  • September 30 - LAUNCH

2015 FM6
  • June 23 - FM6 Limited Edition console unboxing
  • July 22 - Lime Rock announced
  • July 31 - Forza Rewards tiers updated
  • August 4 - Gamescom: COTA/Monza/Sonoma/Hockenheimring revealed, Racing in the Rain video, Forza Fuel announced
  • August 12 - Achievements list, install size
  • August 18 - Mods and Prize Spins, Showcase overview
  • August 23 - partnership with V8 Supercars announced
  • August 25 - Dom's Charger promo
  • August 27 - Gone Gold announcement with poster
  • September 1 - Demo, press previews, Forza Fuel
  • September 2 - Launch trailer
  • September 4 - tv trailer
  • September 8 - press reviews
  • September 10 - Early Access
  • September 15 - LAUNCH

2016 FH3
  • July - no new info
  • August 17 - Gamescom: VW out, Perks list
  • August 30 - Achievements List
  • September 2 - Warthog promo
  • September 6 - Wheel support
  • September 7 - the best interview ever
  • September 9 - Music List, Groove Music
  • September 12 - Demo, press previews
  • September 13 - Ken Block's car coming to FH3
  • September 19 - FH3 debut livestream
  • September 20 - Launch trailer
  • September 23 - Early Access
  • September 24 - Petersen Museum launch event stream
  • September 27 - LAUNCH

Patterns don't mean a whole lot but if one were to speculate, we've got a few weeks that could be filled with potential news drops:

• Loyalty Rewards
  • Demo Details
  • Car Homologation
  • Multiplayer/Leagues/eSports improvements
  • Launch event party/stream information
  • Day 1 Car pack details
  • ...and the usual press previews, videos, articles and reviews.

An error that has now been fixed it seems:

I'm guessing the screenshot was Photoshopped for now and the in-game texture for that car will get a once-over before the game launches.

I'm wondering, weren't the devs supposed to have the same livery editor tools as us? How on earth can they make a typing error then?

I'm wondering, weren't the devs supposed to have the same livery editor tools as us? How on earth can they make a typing error then?
As I mentioned earlier, they don't.

Their texture files are .PSDs and they can just fix the logo there and re-apply it to the car.

That being said, I fully believe they have just Photoshopped the promotional image for now and not edited the car yet.

Back