Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
What if some of the prizes from these "loot crates" will be production Toyotas?

I want to believe :indiff:
Then it would sound to me like the most dumbassed move ever to announce and release them that way instead of via a press release and clearly defined bonuses.

One thing that slightly disappoints me is the Horizon UI on the menus that they are going with in FM7. I always enjoyed a different feel between the two games but they are clearly merging the design feel now. Some may like it but it seems like too much 'jumping around' the menus with the overlays for my taste.

I wish they would go back to the 360 style menu's as they were all easy to navigate and in my opinion were much better looking. All the menu's for the XB1 games have felt like a cluttered mess that's difficult to navigate even after you're used to them.

The only issue I've had with Forza menu's, is they have a bad habit of having a double- sized image for one selection, with two smaller images to select beside it.
This means when you move from the larger image to the smaller image (s) it has to automatically select either the higher or lower option, which may or may not be the one you want.

Otherwise, particularly FH3 I really love the menus.

https://ar12gaming.com/articles/forza-7-prize-crates

• Prize Crates are similar to Mod Packs from Forza Motorsport 6.
  • Mod Packs are also returning.
  • Prize Crates are bought with in-game CR and not real-world currency.
  • Prize Crates contain cars, driver gear, mod cards etc.
  • There are multiple types of Prize Crates available, with more expensive ones giving you rarer items.
  • A "Specialty Dealer" will be selling rare cars for limited amounts of time.
  • Forza Editions and other rare cars can be bought from the Specialty Dealer, but only 1 car will be available during each sale period.

• There are multiple types of Prize Crates available, with more expensive ones giving you rarer items.
  • Forza Editions and other rare cars can be bought from the Specialty Dealer, but only 1 car will be available during each sale period.
Almost sounds like T10 consulted Bungie. I think there's a version of all of that in Destiny.

Loot crates seem similiar to Iniustice 2 with that description.

One thing that slightly disappoints me is the Horizon UI on the menus that they are going with in FM7. I always enjoyed a different feel between the two games but they are clearly merging the design feel now. Some may like it but it seems like too much 'jumping around' the menus with the overlays for my taste.

Tbh Forza 6 Menu is way closer to FH3 than the F7 one...

I really like the new one :) Driver, Car always on the screen...

Last edited:
I've only noticed that the version of Sonoma that has been used at Gamescom is actually a new layout. It's the updated Indycar layout that has been used for the past few years. FM6 featured the old Indycar layout. They have small differences, those being slight alterations to the two hairpins. It will be interesting to see if FM7 keeps both layouts as well.

• Gameplay locked to 60fps
  • Menus and race introduction cinematics locked to 30fps
  • Replays: Unknown (previous games were locked to 30fps, although Gran Turismo 3 was 60fps everywhere)
Shame if there are 30fps replays still, but there is no way they will be locked to 30fps on PC like they discussed in the video, they are 60+ for everything in Apex.

Shame if there are 30fps replays still, but there is no way they will be locked to 30fps on PC like they discussed in the video, they are 60+ for everything in Apex.
I'm hoping it's 60fps for Replays (and that they show all the essential UI like position, lap counts etc.). It'd make creating YouTube videos of races much easier as one wouldn't need to have a capture device running all the time.

New interview with Bill Giese and game play on Mugello Circuit

Mugello @ 9:40

Code:
https://youtu.be/g8g66JD8MDs
  • No new game info.
  • "A huge chunk of our players are Campaign players."
  • Bill was the original designer of the Livery Editor.
  • "8 or 9 percent of our players actually play Split-Screen."

Speaking of Forza not being serious, I'm glad it's not serious. Heck I'm glad it's not trying hard to be a sim racer, as we have enough of those already, so why turn forza into one as well?

I want Forza to be fun, something I won't get bored or frustrated with during my time of playing. I prefer the physics to be in between sim/arcade like FH3 at least, because in the end I'm playing a video game where I drive cars I will never get behind the wheel of in real life (though for some, hopefully some day).

Don't get me wrong, I get that some of you want FM7 to be this hardcore racer like PCARS 2 or any other sim racer. But please, please try to think about others who may not want something that's sim-based and may not express it. Like I said, there's already enough of those, but that doesn't mean I don't plan to get pCARS2 in the future though, cuz I'm still getting it.
I never wanted a super serious motorsports simulator, but I wish Forza hadn't languished as a "soft sim" without an honest aspiration to authentically simulate what it offers, because there aren't already enough alternatives -- there is no hardcore sim with the content and gameplay of a game like Forza. The closest thing was Enthusia.

For what I want out of a sim, I'm currently left with no other option but PCARS2, yet in the PCARS crowd I ruffle feathers asking for things like more roadcars or more substantial gameplay in the career mode. Over there you are told to "go back to Forza/GT" if you ask for more roadcars, upgrades, a livery editor, etc.

If you want the best of both worlds, there's really nowhere to turn. I wonder if there's money to be made in that, or if I'm just part of a minority?

I never wanted a super serious motorsports simulator, but I wish Forza hadn't languished as a "soft sim" without an honest aspiration to authentically simulate what it offers, because there aren't already enough alternatives -- there is no hardcore sim with the content and gameplay of a game like Forza. The closest thing was Enthusia.

For what I want out of a sim, I'm currently left with no other option but PCARS2, yet in the PCARS crowd I ruffle feathers asking for things like more roadcars or more substantial gameplay in the career mode. Over there you are told to "go back to Forza/GT" if you ask for more roadcars, upgrades, a livery editor, etc.

If you want the best of both worlds, there's really nowhere to turn. I wonder if there's money to be made in that, or if I'm just part of a minority?

I would argue you're in the latter. Hence why Turn 10 add crates before they add qualifying. (and for me it's not even a bad thing tbh)

They know there audience.

I've only noticed that the version of Sonoma that has been used at Gamescom is actually a new layout. It's the updated Indycar layout that has been used for the past few years. FM6 featured the old Indycar layout. They have small differences, those being slight alterations to the two hairpins. It will be interesting to see if FM7 keeps both layouts as well.

Nice to hear that! But I think the old configurations will still be there as well so for Sonoma the track count will just increase. This happened for Indianapolis in the past as well, FM5 had 2 configurations of it, FM6 had 4,

But there was also 1 FM5 layout that was not in FM6 anymore: FM5 had the Nordschleife + Grand Prix Circuit combined running through the Mercedes Arena, in FM6 it was changed to exclude the Mercedes Arena which is more accurately towards the endurance races (they both still use the F1 chicane at the end of the GP circuit though instead of the motorcycle chicane).

Nice to hear that! But I think the old configurations will still be there as well so for Sonoma the track count will just increase. This happened for Indianapolis in the past as well, FM5 had 2 configurations of it, FM6 had 4,

But there was also 1 FM5 layout that was not in FM6 anymore: FM5 had the Nordschleife + Grand Prix Circuit combined running through the Mercedes Arena, in FM6 it was changed to exclude the Mercedes Arena which is more accurately towards the endurance races (they both still use the F1 chicane at the end of the GP circuit though instead of the motorcycle chicane).

This is how I think they'll be able to bump up to the 200 layout number. For tracks currently in the franchise, they add as many new layouts as possible, as there are many tracks currently in the games that have layouts that can't be used. I also think the Dubai circuit will have a very large amount of layouts (plus reverse versions of those layouts)

This is how I think they'll be able to bump up to the 200 layout number. For tracks currently in the franchise, they add as many new layouts as possible, as there are many tracks currently in the games that have layouts that can't be used. I also think the Dubai circuit will have a very large amount of layouts (plus reverse versions of those layouts)

Absolutely, it would be really cool if those unused configurations would be added.

Like Road Atlanta has another short loop than the one in the game, the Mullerbachschleife in the Nurburgring is really fun as well for low power vehicles.

I would also love to see the Endurance version of Spa Francorchamps where the second start/finish is used to start the race and the combined pits are used and you re-enter the circuit on top of Eau Rouge (even Assetto Corsa and PCARS 2 don't have this configuration).

We already know Watkins Glen will be resurfaced so Turn 10 surely is revisiting the existing maps as well, hopefully Road Atlanta will be rescanned as well so it represents the current circuit better (a complaint from FM6).

Monza also has a new GP circuit since 2017, I believe the next F1 race will use it. Would like to see that one in as well.

And even while racing on Yas Marina you see some extra busstop chicanes on the GP circuit which were not used in previous Forza games.

They could really do some awesome things with missed configurations to reach that 200+ ribbon count but my past experience with Turn 10 just tells me I should be prepared for a disappointment and it will just be copy/pasting of weather maps. I hope I'm wrong.

I suspect that while the game does have "dyanmic skies" it won't have a 24 hour time cycle.

Therefore every circuit/ribbon will have a "day" and a "night" variation.

Alternatively, every circuit has a "dynamic weather" and a "static weather" variation, the latter being used for Rivals as it gives everyone an even playing field.

Hopefully get will get a little more info before release,

I wonder will there be transition from day to night or will this be segregated from night only tracks, seeing dusk till dawn settings similar to GT

Though we've haven't had 24 hour races in Forza, we've had some endurance races that could last long enough see the transition.

Hopefully get will get a little more info before release,

I wonder will there be transition from day to night or will this be segregated from night only tracks, seeing dusk till dawn settings similar to GT

Though we've haven't had 24 hour races in Forza, we've had some endurance races that could last long enough see the transition.
Games with dynamic time and weather tend to also provide a way to let you accelerate time. So you can run an hour race and get full day/night cycle or have the weather change from sunny to cloud to rain and back to sun (with puddles then drying racing line). pCARS 2 in particular does all of this,

I suspect that while the game does have "dyanmic skies" it won't have a 24 hour time cycle.

Therefore every circuit/ribbon will have a "day" and a "night" variation.

Alternatively, every circuit has a "dynamic weather" and a "static weather" variation, the latter being used for Rivals as it gives everyone an even playing field.

Agree with Tierney,seems its the way they going to do that.
Just 4 weeks left ;)

FM7 is not the only game that won't have production Toyota's, NFS: Payback suffers the same fate.
A glance at the title is enough: ''Is it bad that I know there is an Aventador in NFS Payback but not a Mazda RX-7 or Toyota Supra?''

User F8RGE seems to be a developer for Need For Speed games judging by his/her other posts.

Back