Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
Why did this sub-forum get moved under the Forza Motorsport heading so soon? Doesn't it normally get moved once the next game is announced?

Why did this sub-forum get moved under the Forza Motorsport heading so soon? Doesn't it normally get moved once the next game is announced?
Looks like it was to condense the different subforums for Forza, since they where spread out in like 3 different locations.

We're restructuring the main forum page — all series will get one main category, and all their games will be held in there. We're also moving a few of the less active titles into the Other Games section under the Console & PC Gaming sub-forum.

Basically, we're looking for more consistency, not just on the forums, but also with regards to the front page coverage. 👍

Welp, I've just cancelled my pre-order for the ultimate edition. I tried my best to like FM7, but I donno, it's like how @VXR put it "it's more of the same". Reasons being is FM7 (although containing lots of content) doesn't have that much new stuff to warrant a purchase (for me), and I have too many things happening in my life so there's that as well.

I'll probably get it later down the road, not sure.

There's always the option of waiting for it to go on sale about a year or so after release.

I tried that with Horizon 3, so far no luck haha and my enthusiasm for the game has vanished.

As far as FM7 goes I'm not hyped at all. I'm not liking the direction the franchise is taking, I thought it would get more serious and implement things like qualifying sessions but it's not.

I am a sucker for graphics though so I'm considering getting the XB1X since it looks like it's a beast and hopefully all my old games will run at a solid 60fps (pcars for instance) but then I'd have to get a 4k tv to get the most out of it. If there's an Xbox One X bundle I might grab it.

I'm still excited for FM7. I actually like that they've brought so many cars from FM4 and FM5 back, and I can look past the few new courses. As long as the physics work and the game offers loads of replayability, I'll be fine. Still gonna play it like it was a Gran Turismo title.

Question: The blueprint system from FH3 was comfirmed for FM7 right?

Nope. They've mentioned free play and an open championship in career where you can race anything, but haven't gone into what options there will be for those modes. Hopefully they will be similar to Blueprint.

Nope. They've mentioned free play and an open championship in career where you can race anything, but haven't gone into what options there will be for those modes. Hopefully they will be similar to Blueprint.
🤬

Well, I'm still getting it!

While I'm looking forward to FM7, I'm having doubts of how long I'll play it.

I plan on completing everything in the game just like I did with Horizon 3, but the question is if I see myself still playing beyond that. Because based on what we've seen so far, there's really nothing that has me that excited. There just isn't enough new content. FM7 just looks like a game I'll finish and never touch again and I'll probably check out PCARS 2 after that.

Hopefully, the full game will have some surprises that we don't about yet. There is also the possibility of getting expansions later like with FM6, but that's not a guarantee.

Last edited:
Turn 10 plays it too safe. Everything polished, good but no "surprise", something out of the box. It's like a new iphone/samsung, better but still more or less the same.
Do you think they should shoehorn more untested features in to spice it up a little? There are other franchises that do that. Either you want it to work or you want the unpredictability. Although they are the company which took a chance on a wildly different spin-off franchise (which also seems to have been reliable and bug-free).

Turn 10 plays it too safe. Everything polished, good but no "surprise", something out of the box. It's like a new iphone/samsung, better but still more or less the same.

Don't think they're in a position to change the formula a lot. Microsoft have been heavily relying on this franchise during the course of this generation. 2 years isn't a lot of dev time as well so to be fair, they're doing the best they can with what they've got.

Wonder if eventually they'll go down the Gran Turismo route of long dev time, but I don't think they sell well enough for that.

Don't think they're in a position to change the formula a lot. Microsoft have been heavily relying on this franchise during the course of this generation. 2 years isn't a lot of dev time as well so to be fair, they're doing the best they can with what they've got.

Wonder if eventually they'll go down the Gran Turismo route of long dev time, but I don't think they sell well enough for that.
There was rumors of a 3 year cycle coming and that would be perfect for them. Use that time wisely to make a proper forza game from the ground up. I think forza 8 should be pushed to late 2020.

Welp, I've just cancelled my pre-order for the ultimate edition. I tried my best to like FM7, but I donno, it's like how @VXR put it "it's more of the same". Reasons being is FM7 (although containing lots of content) doesn't have that much new stuff to warrant a purchase (for me), and I have too many things happening in my life so there's that as well.

I'll probably get it later down the road, not sure.
How about the revamped career mode that Forza Motorsport 7 will have?

I think the sounds of the GT500 GT-R are the least of it's problems considering it's considerably faster in real life than where they have it in the game.
It's all small things like this that I really dislike about T10's current attitude. They seem so "that will do", anything they can get away with not fixing, because most of the players won't notice, they won't fix. Audio, cars not actually being the right speed, the most ridiculous example for me being the cars with wrong rpm readings in the cockpit, a glitch that has plagued every single xbox one title that they still ignore, it's infuriating. It's like they are resting on their laurels because they know they have the best all round racing game, they won't fix these issues because people will still buy the game. This attitude is just growing and growing it seems and it's putting me off the franchise. Stop aiming to better the competition, aim for the best you can possibly make it.

Apologies for the very much out of nowhere rant :lol:

I think the sounds of the GT500 GT-R are the least of it's problems considering it's considerably faster in real life than where they have it in the game.

They BOP'd the 🤬 out of it so it could run with the GT3 and GTE cars. Could they not license a GT-R GT3 for some reason? Because I can't see them adding a GT500 Honda or Lexus, and those would have the same issue.

Back