Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
I have never owned a wheel. I've always used a controller.
I found GT5 numb and lifeless with a controller. People said get a wheel. I bought a Fanatec GT2 and still hated it. I went back to Forza with a controller and never looked back.

For what it's worth I enjoyed GT6 a lot more though. I guess my expectations were much lower when I played it. I wasn't comparing it to Forza any more.

Last edited:
I found GT5 numb and lifeless with a controller. People said get a wheel. I bought a Fanatec GT2 and still hated it. I went back to Forza with a controller and never looked back.

For what it's worth I enjoyed GT6 a lot more though. I guess my expectations were much lower when I played it. I wasn't comparing it to Forza any more.
you were playing the wrong games with a wheel sadly. PC sims with a wheel is a different world.

I think the only reason for this kind of marketing is that they dont really need it. The game will sell anyways and it will remain the xbox one x flagship title for them for quite some time. There is an incredible short time between reveal and release for an AAA title. In that perspective, it almost makes sense they will do only 2 trailers (E3 trailer and launch trailer, i would guess)
Getting back to this, I have a small theory:
  • Project CARS 2 releases next week, I believe the review embargo is on Monday.
  • The Forza Motorsport 7 Demo goes out on Tuesday and according to @willbsn13 we should see media previews of the full game around the same time.
I have a feeling that Microsoft are waiting for all the Project CARS 2 news to go out so that they have the limelight when they drop their Forza news the day after, and possibly ramp up with more updates until the release of the Ultimate Edition. I can see the line of thinking behind that if that's the case; why drop a bunch of news this week when people will forget about it once the Project CARS 2 reviews drop?

“Complete the Spa-Francorchamps 100 showcase event with Extra Long Race Length enabled.“

Extra long race length. Sounds like endurance. Very nice.
So it will have a race length option like in PCARS career mode? That's been on the request list for a while lol

Platinum Collector Collect 700 cars
Nice to see the garage limit will be higher then 550 this time.

So it will have a race length option like in PCARS career mode? That's been on the request list for a while lol
Yeah, T10 confirmed Race length options for Career Mode back at E3.

Can we pre-download Forza 7 yet?
Judging from the preload windows for FH3 and FM6 I predict FM7 preloads to start on the 25th.

I would imagine the "Elite" mode they allude to in the achievements list is probably the big surprise they were talking about when you finish career. Probably some exclusive gear/cars there too.

"Create your own weather forecast in Freeplay"

Sounds interesting, to say the least.

Well, I guess we can take that as final confirmation that we will indeed be able to customize weather conditions in Freeplay instead of leaving it to randomness - something I was almost afraid wasn't going to be an option, from the way Bill Giese spoke about it.

The fact that there aren't any achievements related to Blueprint races has me extremely worried.
Why are they so hesitant to release info about that?

The fact that there aren't any achievements related to Blueprint races has me extremely worried.
Why are they so hesitant to release info about that?
Because there is no "blueprint" feature in the game. We'll have to wait and see if they've made any improvements to free-play.

Update from Turn 10 in WIR

TLDR;
  • Install Size is 95GB. 45GB of that is on the disc, 50GB is an additional download
  • Auction House, #Forzathon and Leagues will be enabled in the weeks after launch.
  • New details on new Homologation feature next week
  • Soon to be unveiling cars in the Specialty Vendor (which will feature a regular cadence of unique cars for purchase)
  • Post launch updates over the common months include Forzathon events, New Rivals & Hoppers w/Homologation feature, New Prize Crates, Updates to Specialty Vendor.
  • "The months ahead will also see new features to the game, which we’ll outline in further detail soon."
  • November 7th Forza will get a 4k update for Xbox One X.

It’s T-minus two weeks until the early access launch of Forza Motorsport 7. There’s a palpable sense of excitement around the halls of Turn 10 as we prepare to bring our biggest and best Forza game yet to the world. From the very start, the team has worked towards a vision of re-imagining the racing experience and, starting with early access on September 29, the community will be lighting out again on another fantastic Forza adventure

Ever since we announced Forza 7, we’ve called this our biggest game, and the numbers bear it out: more than 700 cars at launch, 32 of the world’s greatest tracks (our largest lineup ever), a massive career in the Forza Driver’s Cup, and of course a huge list of ever-changing multiplayer and competitive modes that will keep players busy no matter their skill level or driving preferences. This is the largest game we’ve ever released in terms of sheer footprint size as well. The Xbox One game will be approximately 95 GB at launch. Just about 45 GB of that contained on the Blu-ray disc. The remainder will be available to download for free on September 29.

Naturally, the game can be played from the disc alone. However, if you want to experience the true depth and breadth of content in Forza Motorsport 7, you’ll want to take the additional update. A great example is the Forza Driver’s Cup single-player campaign. While all players can complete the first play-through of the Forza Driver’s Cup on disc, beating the series unlocks a wealth of new Forza Driver’s Cup content, including new competitive and Showcase events, as well as new trophies and Driver Gear rewards. In order to access those new events and rewards, you’ll need to have the additional update installed.

Though launch day is still at the front of everyone’s mind, I’d like to spend a few moments looking beyond the release of the game, and what fans can expect in the days and weeks after release (October 3, for those playing the Deluxe and Standard editions of the game). After all, this is a Forza game, and that means that you can expect loads of new experiences and content that we’ll be adding well beyond launch day.

When Forza Motorsport 7 is released, players will be able to immediately dive deep into the Forza Driver’s Cup, spend time exploring the vast customization options in the game, and of course head online and test their skills via multiplayer features like Rivals and our Multiplayer lobbies, which will feature events starring Modern Hot Hatch cars, Track Toys, Sport GT cars, just to name a few. Some features in Forza 7 will not be immediately available at launch – including Auction House, #Forzathon events, and Leagues. Players looking for those features will see the “Coming Soon” notice by the features in the game menus. As our community of players grows in the weeks after launch, we will be enabling those features in game.

Over the coming months, we’ll be introducing our series of events in Forza 7, including new #Forzathon events, constantly updated Rivals and Hoppers that will make full use of our new homologation system (more on that next week), new Prize Crates (featuring goodies like Mod cards, Driver Gear, new cars, and more) as well as unveiling cars in our Specialty Vendor (which will feature a regular cadence of unique cars for purchase), and more. The months ahead will also see new features to the game, which we’ll outline in further detail soon.

Forza Motorsport 7 will receive another large update on November 7, alongside the release of the Xbox One X. This large update will contain the assets that enable Forza Motorsport 7 to showcase the power of the Xbox One X at native 4K and solid 60 FPS with ultra-high resolution content and will be a free update for those who play Forza 7 on Xbox One X.

As I mentioned at the top, we’re this close to the launch of Forza Motorsport 7 and everyone here at Turn 10 is champing at the bit to get the game out the door and into the hands of Forza fans. Launch will certainly be unforgettable and, best of all, we’re just getting started.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_9_15_17

Last edited:
I can understand holding off on Forzathon and leagues in order to let people get the game and get familiar with it. But why lock the auction house? :odd:

Specialty Vendor seems interesting, hopefully the cars that are oddly missing will re-appear there.

Edit: Also, hopefully the "constantly updated rivals" part hints that they are taking up the Daily/Weekly/Monthly format instead of the DLC themed rivals they usually have.

Shame about the auction house.... And 95G- that is one big puppy!

I am also wondering how this weather thing will work. My guesswork is that I can see there being 3 options for each track-

Clear (Sunny), Night and Dynamic.

Clear and Night could be just set (baked) conditions similar to FM6 while dynamic will be stormy clouds that only turns rain on and off. That would mean that dynamic and night would not be combined? It would be a shame to have such limited options when Pcars 2 is going all out.

I hope I am wrong. And sorry if this has already been discussed.

I'm sorry, how many GB is that again?! My goodness, what the heck is in there?!

EDIT: Don't tell me, I already read it. That was just my reaction.

50GB day one patch?

This is ridiculous. My internet struggles to handle 10GB in updates let alone 50....Australian internet is utterly dismal

So if you buy on disc and then fire it up in Xbox One offline it won't work? That's pretty wrong if so.

50GB day one patch?

This is ridiculous. My internet struggles to handle 10GB in updates let alone 50....Australian internet is utterly dismal

So if you buy on disc and then fire it up in Xbox One offline it won't work? That's pretty wrong if so.

The link says that you can play the game just from the disc. The update will contain all the additional assets.

Naturally, the game can be played from the disc alone. However, if you want to experience the true depth and breadth of content in Forza Motorsport 7, you’ll want to take the additional update. A great example is the Forza Driver’s Cup single-player campaign. While all players can complete the first play-through of the Forza Driver’s Cup on disc, beating the series unlocks a wealth of new Forza Driver’s Cup content, including new competitive and Showcase events, as well as new trophies and Driver Gear rewards. In order to access those new events and rewards, you’ll need to have the additional update installed.

The link says that you can play the game just from the disc. The update will contain all the additional assets.

Thanks, maybe I should have checked the link first. I was expecting a day one patch of maybe 5-10GB but this far beyond that.

Its a bit poor, you're expecting to buy the full game available from day one on the disc keeping in mind that everything else from that day onwards will be patches or DLC which is cool but this doesnt rest easy with me. I pre ordered the game on disc so I wouldnt have to download tens of GBs just to play the game in its launch form and now here we are.

I'd be happy to wait a bit longer just so they can release the game as one whole item without download half of it

That's why I just download games digitally now. Saves space, more convenient and fewer headaches like the problem outlined above. But I can see how collectors of racing games who want to purchase hard copies would be pissed.

Back