Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
I was able to launch the game by turning off wi-fi during start up but this only lets me play on free play. Still can't launch the full game when online.

On PC, apparently, playing the game while online would crash.

Also, found these two cars mentioned in the advanced race setup on freeplay.

Attachments

• Screenshot (58).png
    Screenshot (58).png
    138.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot (59).png
    Screenshot (59).png
    145.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Race length answer - there's NO option to change this in the Settings menu 😭😭😭😭
That is a shame. Maybe they do that to prevent leveling up your car too quickly.

Lets hope the races get longer further in the career.

Last edited:
race length was in a weird place in FM7. I'll look for it.

Also I had a bug: The skybox in Grand Oak was showing very low res clouds on the Xbox. Not intended, definitely.

Drove the E-Ray race having adjusted to light assists on my controller (Sport TC mode is interesting and new).

Nice feeling of car weight when driving, no bizarre lift off oversteer. Indeed, feels like FH5 was used as the basis but with more steering accuracy, not FM7. Which is music to my fingertips. :D
Light assists here too. And I agree the handling feels a LOT like FH5 in the prologue events.
Now onto Builder's Cup.
IMG_20231004_123452.jpg

In the Settings menu Extras tab there's a button for Bug Report so you can report direct from the game 👍

Last edited:
Bearing in mind what I already said about my PC not being set up for gaming (and not having an SSD for the game to run off), this is medium settings at 1920x1080 in the benchmark test - a 24-car race in full wet at the "lots of crazy crap going on around" Hakone track:

1696419472517.png

If people aren't getting at least 60fps on something a bit more potent than a GTX1080 (and with an SSD), I can't even.

Not being able to alter race length is a bit off,never mind.Anybody able to check if we have split times in career mode,gap to car in front etc.
Oh, I forgot that. Yes. There's a lot of options for the UI and this is off by default but easy to turn on:
1696419685670.png

1696419753359.png

Haven't found a way to customise the radar though.

Edit: I also just remembered I had the track limits indicators on (cone rather than ribbon). These are great, and dynamic - blue if you're within, orange if you're partially out, red if you're out (third wheel will do it) and it's investigation time...

... but also totally unnecessary, because the track limits are totally consistent: white lines except where kerbs, then kerbs.

GT7 desperately needs this, because the track limits are all over the shop.

Last edited:
Yeah by default split times are disabled, takes a few seconds to turn on.

I just had my first Xbox crash, starting a quick race.

Ryzen 5 3600, though that doesn't appear to the bottleneck. Strangely neither that nor the GPU are being maxed out at these settings. It's as if the game just isn't using all of the power available to it.
Remove all settings that are dynamic or set to auto. Seems like it is causing issues for some

Wait, my CPU is definitely the bottleneck, though it isn't being maxed out either. Strange.

I managed to make things slightly better by turning off Vsync and, strangely, changing DLSS to quality instead of balanced. I'll need to see what other settings might take a load off the CPU.

How easy is it to earn credits in this game? Like how long would it take me to earn around $300,000 cr?
Relatively (moving yourself down the grid helps, and since only the lead AI really seems to matter you only need a clean first lap to make 24th into 2nd), and not long. I was at a million without really noticing, then back at a million after buying a couple of cars without really noticing. Of course VIP makes it faster.

Holy crap, played for about 20 minutes so far, absolutely loving it so far. And this thing is so damn sexy! Playing on my Xbox Series X. I had to go to work, so I will get more play time in tonight.

If you are a fan of Forza games and how the cars feel, you will feel right at home with this based on my early experience.

Jim Carey Reaction GIF

Lighting is really inconsistent....

I drove the Jag F-Type in a quick race at Silverstone in overcast/wet conditions and cars lit up with huge bloom. Nurburgring in same conditions looks great.

I think we're just seeing bugs, because there's no reason why Silverstone looks so odd...

500k credits is from the VIP. Along with all those cars you will find in your garage.

Good news for car collectors - Welcome Pack cars are no longer special variants, they appear to just have given us 5 stock cars as part of the Welcome Pack.
That is a good compromise imho. You get some value from the ‘pack’, and it did not end up mucking up the car list with repeats. I do prefer stock cars over pretuned ones as well, so that’s another plus.

That 500k though… wonder if I should splurge on an XJR-15 right away? I’d love to get that beauty immediately but that’s gonna’ spoil the thrill that I’d otherwise get from grinding a bit to get it.

That 500k though… wonder if I should splurge on an XJR-15 right away? I’d love to get that beauty immediately but that’s gonna’ spoil the thrill that I’d otherwise get from grinding a bit to get it.
Yup, this is what modern racing games seem to miss the mark on.

If you are a fan of Forza games and how the cars feel, you will feel right at home with this based on my early experience.
Jim Carey Reaction GIF

Funny you say that, I see many saying the same thing, but I feel the complete opposite, this feels nothing like my FM7 experience, in a good way, it honestly feels to me like the got the sim-lite handling down perfectly, I've been really enjoying my first hour so far on my wheel, can't wait to jump back in after kids are in bed tonight.

Back