Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Not completely understanding the comparisons between the career mode in this to the cafe in GT7. We already know that the career mode is going to actively change with added tracks and cars to the game. I'm sure that we can expect added events weekly or monthly to the career mode.

This is very different than the set career mode in GT7.

Same, G Pro feels a bit weird without some TF audio on. - found it's settings just left at a 'Forza' profile I had, probably copied from their website felt fine, just upped the strength from what I played FH on. Haven't felt any need to dig any deeper yet.

The lights are weird though, always one dot of the rev counter is lit. On Xbox

Unplayable for me. What a shame.

It can run on a Series S, surely it should be fine on my PC. But it isn't, it's CPU limited to death, as if a Ryzen 5 3600 can't handle this game at all. One car on Maple Valley and it's only averaging 60 fps (spending plenty of its time below that) on minimum settings.

Anyone have any tips for refunding on the MS Store?

Last edited:
Not completely understanding the comparisons between the career mode in this to the cafe in GT7. We already know that the career mode is going to actively change with added tracks and cars to the game. I'm sure that we can expect added events weekly or monthly to the career mode.

This is very different than the set career mode in GT7.
Because at launch, as a full price game, there isn't enough content. Yeah they can add things, that's great and I'm sure they will, as GT7 has. But what's wrong with utilising the massive car lists to create large and varied event lists, like GT4, GT5, GT6, FM2, FM3, FM4. It was a baffling decision in GT7 to do it the way they did it, it's even more baffling that Forza is lacking here when they saw the criticism GT7 got.

We were also told the builders cup would be akin to FM4s campaign. It's some way short.

I'm still looking forward to playing it but with the lack of races and no customisable race lengths, I get the feeling we will be waiting for added events very quickly.

First minor gripe...
The lap time reward in practice is awarded even if it's a dirty lap.
I feel like it should only be for a clean lap.

Also, unlock progression... completing the intro series gets you to about car level 10. Not sure if levelling is flat progression, if it is, that would suggest about 15 races x 6 minutes = 90 minutes to get to level 50.

1696428002847.png

What a shame. I woke up extra early for this. Haven't been this excited for a game in forever. Just for it to run like **** on PC. Hope they give me the refund.

Because at launch, as a full price game, there isn't enough content. Yeah they can add things, that's great and I'm sure they will, as GT7 has. But what's wrong with utilising the massive car lists to create large and varied event lists, like GT4, GT5, GT6, FM2, FM3, FM4. It was a baffling decision in GT7 to do it the way they did it, it's even more baffling that Forza is lacking here when they saw the criticism GT7 got.

We were also told the builders cup would be akin to FM4s campaign. It's some way short.

I'm still looking forward to playing it but with the lack of races and no customisable race lengths, I get the feeling we will be waiting for added events very quickly.
Being akin does not mean the initial scope would be as large. Again, I said that I don't completely understand the comparison of a career mode to a career mode that hasn't changed in years to a career mode in a game that is going to be added to and changed in around a week or so.

I never stated the the initial size is good enough or that the content is updates will come quick enough or at a proper size.

Last edited:
Change the settings and restart the game, then you need to wait a little bit to let the shaders pre compile. It was a laggy mess for me also when i first started but now it runs butter smooth.
That's nice, maybe when they fix the game I'll buy it again and reinstall. I've already requested the refund and uninstalled. It shouldn't be like that, I've had enough frustration with it.

It's CPU limited when it needs to run on a worse Series S CPU. It doesn't make sense. I'm not going to spend even more hours trying to get this **** to work.

Enjoying the game as much, or more than I expected.

The AI so far has been really good and I like that they are a little unpredictable but it's not crash fest like previous games.

Have only done through the magello circuit race but I like to see on the results board where AI drivers have been given penalties.

I'm also pleased to watch AI drivers take so many different lines and please to see AI mistakes.

Obviously, it's way too early to make any real conclusions

Being akin does not mean the initial scope would be as large. Again, I said that I don't completely understand the comparison of a career mode to a game that hasn't changed in years to a career mode in a game that is going to be added to and changed in around a week or so.

I never stated the the initial size is good enough or that the content is updates will come quick enough or at a proper size.
It isn't going to be changed though, it's going to be added to (like the Cafe 'menus'), the premise is the same, live service updates don't make the base content better value. If they wanted to give us a smaller game and add to it, don't charge full price for it.

Being akin to FM4 would suggest a larger scope, being as that's exactly what people loved about FM4 (and 3). So saying it's akin to that and then failing to deliver the bit of that which matters, is a bit silly.

Only using my controller so far, my first impression from the intro stuff through to the first career mode race at Grand Oak in the Mustang could be summed up with "understeer." The Cadillac at Hakone in particular had terrible understeer, felt like it couldn't even take the gentle kink in the back straight flat.

After getting swaybars for the Mustang and using normal Forza nonsense logic to tune them though, it did make a big difference and livened the car up quite a bit, and things were further improved when I could widen the front tires up and fiddle with the diff.

Drove the Astra BTCC car, Trans Am Cutlass, and BRZ and things felt more natural with them, partially because I am getting a little more used to the handling too of course. On the surface the game feels very different than FM7, mainly because of the weightier feeling, but when you drive a few cars with upgrades or the race cars, it starts to feel more like Forza again. The front end still lacks "bite" even on the race cars, so my guess is that the old Forza thing where you run backwards, totally unrealistic setups will persist.

Haven't dipped into multiplayer yet, will save that for tomorrow, but there are a few big disappointments on the single player side. There doesn't appear to be a way to multiply tire wear/fuel burn, and no way to force certain race tire compounds, which are pretty critical for getting the strategy really playing (although maybe they will exist in multiplayer? but I doubt it). There is also seemingly no way to stretch race lengths out to make them feel a bit more like races and bring strategy in through race length, and free play seems largely unchanged from FM7 including no way to choose the grid precisely.

...But the disappointment in all of those things is kinda rendered insignificant because the AI is awful, and those things wouldn't save the single player experience. Running at max difficulty, it's the same nonsense from FH5 where one car is significantly faster than the rest, and once you pass cars they do basically nothing smart to try to get the spot back. Every race but one I've done so far I finish 2nd, the leader 1-ish seconds per lap faster than me and finishing 5 seconds up the road, and myself 1-ish seconds faster than all the other cars and finishing 5-ish seconds ahead of them, with no battling or anything interesting happening at all after like turn 2.

Or I guess I shouldn't say nothing interesting happens, I just had a very "interesting" race for the monthly showcase thing at Eagle Rock Club. An 8 lap race, where AI cars were going laps down because they were pitting for some reason, then coming out of the pits and immediately screwing up the chicane on the back straight and rejoining the track perpendicular to the racing line. One had a fantastically bad rejoin straight into me taking me out so I got my first non-2nd place finish of 3rd, because the other AI were so far back they couldn't capitalize... on lap 3.

Fortunately multiplayer will likely be better than FM7 so the game will still be "fine" overall, but yikes the single player is going to be an absolute slog to get through to unlock some things if it stays like this.

Not to be totally negative though, it looks fine (I'm only 1080p TV and don't care about graphics much), it's only frozen once, interactions with kerbs feel much detailed/complex (especially noticeable at a place like Kyalami with sorta unique kerb shapes), and the 2 race cars I tried felt like they could provide some alright racing in multiplayer, and it seems you make money at a reasonable rate that you can get things you want without having to grind too much (for the money at least).

As much as the car XP thing is going to be annoying for multiplayer, and probably become tiresome quickly in single player, it doesn't feel too bad for the first couple series things. Assuming you aren't doing the bare minimum in the practice mode, you unlock enough options to noticeably change your car pretty quickly, so I think it's actually kinda "tuned" okay for the career mode.

The practice mode is alright. The sector things can be useful, and the other cars make things a little more lively than regular test drive, but I didn't see a way to set up a practice mode any time you want? Maybe just missed it though. It would still be nice if we had a live split or sector breakdowns though, those are basic tools for learning.

Edit: Yay, just won my first single player race. While starting the final lap running in 2nd place, (surprise!) 5-ish seconds behind 1st place and 5-ish seconds ahead of 3rd place, the leader just... slowed down for some reason. Super engaging and thrilling battle with a last lap pass! /s

Last edited:
It isn't going to be changed though, it's going to be added to (like the Cafe 'menus'), the premise is the same, live service updates don't make the base content better value. If they wanted to give us a smaller game and add to it, don't charge full price for it.

Being akin to FM4 would suggest a larger scope, being as that's exactly what people loved about FM4 (and 3). So saying it's akin to that and then failing to deliver the bit of that which matters, is a bit silly.
By change, I mean added too. Live updates make the entire games value better, it's up to you for when you feel it is worth buying.

Being akin can mean a lot of things.

They aren't charging full price, it's day one on game pass.

Last edited:
You don’t have to change timezone. Only region! See my post above.
Yes, that's what I did. I should have been more specific. It did, in effect, change the time zone but all I did was change the region as well

I think the most important thing is that people restart their Xbox.

Once you change the time zone you have to restart your Xbox.

I did it last night and woke up this morning and took the day off when I found I could play. It should work for you
Yeah..now it's telling me to update my graphics card.

By change, I mean added too.

Being akin can mean a lot of things.

They aren't charging full price, it's day one on game pass.

In which case it’s nothing like FM4 other than it involves driving cars. So it’s misleading and they may as well have said it’s like FM7 but with car levelling.

Also:
Forza Motorsport Xbox Series X English EMEA Blu-ray https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C9HS8GQR/?tag=gtplanetuk-21

It’s a full price game, let’s not pretend it isn’t. Yes it’s on GamePass and there’s a good chance that everyone on GamePass will try it, but not every Forza Motorsport player will have GamePass.

In FM7 the "one car faster than the rest" didn't happen at every difficulty, so I found one where it wasn't a problem and stuck with it. Not sure yet about FM2023.

It can run on a Series S, surely it should be fine on my PC. But it isn't, it's CPU limited to death, as if a Ryzen 5 3600 can't handle this game at all. One car on Maple Valley and it's only averaging 60 fps (spending plenty of its time below that) on minimum settings.

That's quite odd as... that's also my CPU and it's okay (55fps) in the benchmark at 1920x1080 on Medium.

Oh, that's not good. I have that exact CPU. I hope I don't run into the same issues...

You can play free mode if you disconnect your internet. Thats what im doing currently waiting for a update.
I think I installed it in the wrong place,putting it on the ssd now,if that doesn't work then...

Latest Posts

Back