Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
One question: as far as I know, changing my system region will affect my Microsoft Store wallet, but will it affect my account such as my games, progress and all that? It's very tempting for me to change the system region right now...

Um guys, does the car garage thumbnail change when you tune or paint your car?

I switched my welcome pack Golf from red to blue but the thumbnail is still red. Grrrrrr....

In which case it’s nothing like FM4 other than it involves driving cars. So it’s misleading and they may as well have said it’s like FM7 but with car levelling.

Also:
Forza Motorsport Xbox Series X English EMEA Blu-ray
It’s a full price game, let’s not pretend it isn’t. Yes it’s on GamePass and there’s a good chance that everyone on GamePass will try it, but not every Forza Motorsport player will have GamePass.
So you're saying that literally the only thing that would make it like (akin) FM4 is the size of the career mode?

A lot of people that will play the game will do so on Gamepass.

The fee for entry is not $70.

Last edited:
Here I've set the game to ultra (1080p) with DLSS in quality mode. 60 fps with slightly annoying variations downwards, if I lower the graphics or change the DLSS mode I might get 60 locked.

Ryzen 2700x and 2070.

The game looks good (even in 1080p) and the gameplay is great.

The nvidia driver is definitely needed.

Forza-Motorsport-4-10-2023-15-33-38.png

im-legitimately-impressed-impressed.gif

So you're saying that literally the only thing that would make it like (akin) FM4 is the size of the career mode?

A lot of people that will play the game will do so on Gamepass.

The fee for entry is not $70.

Yes, that was the plus point of that entire game, as it is, it is not akin the FM4 as previously described.

Yes lots of people will play it on GamePass. But lots of people will also buy the game, as is often the case with games. The game being on GamePass doesn’t automatically mean the game is free and let it get away with lacking content.

Yes, that was the plus point of that entire game, as it is, it is not akin the FM4 as previously described.

Yes lots of people will play it on GamePass. But lots of people will also buy the game, as is often the case with games. The game being on GamePass doesn’t automatically mean the game is free and let it get away with lacking content.
Literally no one said that the game is free; it's not "getting away" with lacking content, it is clearly going to be added quickly as we have already had confirmed by Turn 10.

To think this started because I said that directly comparing a static career mode to a career mode that will receive frequent updates and additions doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

I never even stated that it is large or worth the purchase price.

Last edited:
If you want to make a fair assessment of whether a game is worth the price of entry, you ultimately have to fall back on very subjective terms, such as how much enjoyment you got out of it, and not how much content is at launch or will be added later on. Content is just content at the end of the day; it is objectively stuff but not necessarily stuff to do, let alone stuff you want to do or find enjoyable.

In all honesty, I'm past the point of worrying about any of this anymore. Bought the top edition of the game, it's preloaded, I'm all but ready to go. Preordering or buying day 1 is always a gamble of some sort. You shouldn't do it. Preordering sucks. Unfortunately, I -am- a betting person and kind of sick of discovering games several years too late and long after they're out of the conversation, but that's my prerogative.

All I hope is I can sink even half as many hours as I was able to in Horizon 5. I know the hour count argument isn't perfect, but at 1,130 hours in and still finding ways to have fun, that game passed the "it's fun and it stayed fun" test long before I explored half the content in it. If FM can do even half that, I'll have gotten my "investment" back, so to speak.

Last edited:
If you want to make a fair assessment of whether a game is worth the price of entry, you ultimately have to fall back on very subjective terms, such as how much enjoyment you got out of it, and not how much content is at launch or will be added later on. Content is just content at the end of the day; it is objectively stuff but not necessarily stuff to do, let alone stuff you want to do or find enjoyable.

In all honesty, I'm past the point of worrying about any of this anymore. Bought the top edition of the game, it's preloaded, I'm all but ready to go. Preordering or buying day 1 is always a gamble of some sort. You shouldn't do it. Preordering sucks. Unfortunately, I -am- a betting person and kind of sick of discovering games several years too late and long after they're out of the conversation, but that's my prerogative.

All I hope is I can sink even half as many hours as I was able to in Horizon 5. I know the hour count argument isn't perfect, but at 1,130 hours in and still finding ways to have fun, that game passed the "it's fun and it stayed fun" test long before I explored half the content in it. If FM can do even half that, I'll have gotten my "investment" back, so to speak.
I dont know why anyone has pre-ordered this game considering its on Game Pass.

Its a perfect 1 month trial (if you don't have Game Pass already)

Okay,so I run it up,it lets me on the surver,it searches for updates,says I'm up to date then it just kicks me out the game altogether...why?!

The DF video is up, recommending Performance RT mode because RTAO is hard to live without apparently.

I was using Performance Mode, am now testing to see if Performance RT lower resolution is very noticeable.

I do have the feeling that particularly textures in the distance (e.g. the track logo on the start finish line) are worse in Performance RT due to resolution, but in normal gameplay the differences are much smaller than I expected.

After seeing a thread on twitter from Jimmy Broadbent complaining about the 8/10 reviews being too high, I think I've got to the stage in my life that his opinions "just aren't for me", and that's ok, as much as I enjoy sim-racing, Forza/GT is as much sim as I need, and after playing enough of FM today to make my own opinion, I think all the other sims on my PC will be gathering dust for the foreseeable future, it just has everything I want in a racing game, and I'm so excited to put more hours into it over the next week and beyond.

I dont know why anyone has pre-ordered this game considering its on Game Pass.

Its a perfect 1 month trial (if you don't have Game Pass already)

Until literally today, Game Pass was not an option for me because at a top download speed of 2 MB per second, the prospect of trying out new games on a monthly subscription service knowing it might take me 12 to 60 hours to download a new title is not attractive.

Today, that has changed, I now have modern internet speeds and I might be more amenable to a Game Pass subscription.

However, and more specifically, I bought FM instead of waiting for Game Pass because I wanted to and I was gonna do that regardless. I have some degree of confidence (or, less charitably, I am betting that) I'll sink hundreds of hours into it anyway.
EDIT: I admit my perspective is fairly optimistic, but it's probably gonna end up being my main circuit-based racing game entirely because I can choose whether to race on controller or wheel and expect a good time either way.

Last edited:
Until literally today, Game Pass was not an option for me because at a top download speed of 2 MB per second, the prospect of trying out new games on a monthly subscription service knowing it might take me 12 to 60 hours to download a new title is not attractive.

Today, that has changed, I now have modern internet speeds and I might be more amenable to a Game Pass subscription.

However, and more specifically, I bought FM instead of waiting for Game Pass because I wanted to and I was gonna do that regardless. I have some degree of confidence (or, less charitably, I am betting that) I'll sink hundreds of hours into it anyway.
EDIT: I admit my perspective is fairly optimistic, but it's probably gonna end up being my main circuit-based racing game entirely because I can choose whether to race on controller or wheel and expect a good time either way.
That is insane! Download speeds that low should be illegal.

I am a cheapskate, I know I will probably play a ton of this game - so if I can get to play it today for only £18 (premium add on), I will. Same with Starfield, which is one of my favourite games this year. Haven't paid anything for it.

It looks like the game is pretty universally disliked… look at Reddit or the big Sim Racing names on Twitter, all questioning the good reviews. well, I‘ve now played 2 hours and had great fun.

Okay,so I run it up,it lets me on the surver,it searches for updates,says I'm up to date then it just kicks me out the game altogether...why?!
I had the same issue, it seems to be a pretty widespread issue on PC by looking at the reddit page for the game, the only other option is to play it offline as that apparently works but you can only play freeplay offline I think so i'll just wait until midnight to see if it works then.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get some better internet speeds. It does suck how many areas, even in developed countries, are stuck with very slow internet.

It looks like the game is pretty universally disliked… look at Reddit or the big Sim Racing names on Twitter, all questioning the good reviews. well, I‘ve now played 2 hours and had great fun.

People are overtly critical nowadays.

These people expect Forza to review as poorly as a game like Crew Motorfest which is packed with microtransactions from day one.

Last edited:
Four hours of play and two tours netted me these achievements:

Screenshot_20231004_172229_Xbox.jpg

Let's see how much extra content has been released by the time I finish all the launch tours. I may have to go back and do some tours more than once to level up cars.

I've got no interest in GamePass and want to keep my games for years, not rent them. Maybe this'll change when MS force me to buy it after Live Gold is phased out.

Last edited:
That is insane! Download speeds that low should be illegal.
I'm glad to hear that you were able to get some better internet speeds. It does suck how many areas, even in developed countries, are stuck with very slow internet.

I'm glad to enter the 2020s as well, trust me! :D Being stuck to countryside/small-town DSL for decades has drilled weird, bandwidth-saving habits into me, not to mention the sheer inconvenience with today's games and their file sizes...

This is me too, I'm also an idiot because I already have Gamepass, so not only did I not wait till the 10th, I also bought the whole premium bundle instead of just the premium upgrade because I know I'll be playing this game for a long time

A few questions, since I badly want to play this game already and will consider doing the risky act of changing regions:

Will the games I bought be affected, such as being able to use them, my save progress and all that?
Will I get banned for doing this?
If I revert back to my usual region (US), will I everything return to normal, including my Microsoft Store wallet?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back