Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Have they brought back public custom lobbies yet? Back in FM4 you used to be able to see a list of custom lobbies and join them, similar to multiplayer lobbies in GTS/GT7. It was a great way to meet people and have good races.

I HAD to do this meme
Sorry (not sorry)

766fwl.png

Okay, so what started worrying me about the game is that most of the cars featured as rewards are nowhere to be found as rental cars in Free Play, such as the:

1. 2020 Acura #6 ARX-05 DPi
  2. 2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance
  3. 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon
  4. 2014 Ferrari FXX K
  5. 2017 Ford GT
  6. 2020 KTM X-Bow GT2
  7. 2010 Lexus LFA
  8. 2019 Ginetta #6 Team LNT Ginetta G60 LT-P1
  9. 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  10. 1995 Porsche 911 GT2
And plus I heard somewhere that even if you obtain a reward car, it's not gonna show up as a rental car in any way. This has me worried that they're pushing for "come and go" tactics like the Festival Playlist in Horizon where if you miss out on an entire season, you miss out on unique cars, and can take a long time for these cars to show up again.

Motorsport's take on this are the Featured Tours, Open Series and the showcase events. Even if they're new career events, they will eventually expire (I heard the first Featured Tour lasts until November 16th).

Another is that FM8 has no Auction House (and in Horizon, it is constantly being abused with these kinds of cars), meaning if you miss out, you're really out of luck.

Which is why I made this suggestion in the Forza website with two ideas:

1. Have the cars available in the car dealer and as a rental car in Free Play in advance as soon as players unlock them. This also applies to showcase cars from the Builders’ Cup such as the 2017 Ford GT, Dodge Demon, Lexus LFA and Porsche 993 GT2.
  2. Once their featured tours and showcase event expires, make the cars available to everyone in both the car dealer and Free Play.

You can't. But you can earn credits in Free Play using a car you own from your garage.
Okay, final question but can we atleast choose between a set PI rating like in FM7? That was my way of going around the limited choices and getting a similar grid.

Have they brought back public custom lobbies yet? Back in FM4 you used to be able to see a list of custom lobbies and join them, similar to multiplayer lobbies in GTS/GT7. It was a great way to meet people and have good races.
Sadly I don't think that is the case.

Okay, final question but can we atleast choose between a set PI rating like in FM7? That was my way of going around the limited choices and getting a similar grid.
You can just select a car and enter an AI race (career or free play) and the AI will use cars of similar PI automatically. Just like in FH5.

Regarding reward cars: My understanding is that almost all of those listed reward cars are from static single player series which won't expire. The only car which is time limited is the Acura - you have to complete the Featured race series (1 event per week unlocks for the coming 4 weeks). According to T10 info, you will have the 4th week and 2 overlap extra weeks to finish the series and claim the reward car, then it will disappear.

Edit: It's all detailed here:

So if they keep this up, most free cars added alongside the DLC will go straight to the auto show, but one (or perhaps 2) car per month will be time limited and you will have a 3 week period to claim it. This is better than FH5 (where you have just one week to claim any time limited car).

Last edited:
And plus I heard somewhere that even if you obtain a reward car, it's not gonna show up as a rental car in any way. This has me worried that they're pushing for "come and go" tactics like the Festival Playlist in Horizon where if you miss out on an entire season, you miss out on unique cars, and can take a long time for these cars to show up again.
They already confirmed that execpt by the Acura, all cars would be on autoshow for everyone to get
Edit: the mods had put already on troubleshooting hub, it is a game bug, not intentional

Last edited:
I should be up and running on PC in a little bit. Anyone have any questions or what have you? I'll be sure to answer them in nerd-ridden details. :lol:

I am having some issues while controling the car in the joystick, in GT7 I play pushing the analog forward, I fell more precision this way, in FM the I am trying to play this way, but the car keeps changing the direction, is there a way to configurate the controls to play like GT7 style in FM?

Hokihoshi has his full game thoughts video up. Here's a guy who speaks my language when it comes to understanding that FM2023 needs to be a solid driving game with decent physics tweaked for accessibility with a controller.

We have the same taste in content I enjoy him a lot as well as PJ when it comes to Xbox racing content

can you test triple screen support?
Unfortunately, no. I don't have a triple monitor setup, however, seeing as I can't recall any official confirmation one way or the other I'd wager it isn't officially supported, no different than the previous games. At least, not if you want the proper FOV.

Six years and the same old decals. Was hoping at least the ones used on the driver suits would be there for a change.
LMAO THE MSN Autos old logo is still there?!
I will suggest they put it on game actually

Last edited:
Unlocking the parts again, for each car, is pretty much like GT7. However, aero parts and GT Auto racing parts are, ironically, free to add to new cars, after buying.

I should be up and running on PC in a little bit. Anyone have any questions or what have you? I'll be sure to answer them in nerd-ridden details. :lol:
Enjoy it....

I've been searching all day to see if anyone had uploaded videos with
Widescreen 21:9
Superwidescreen 32:9
Triples

What would be handy, even though improved drivers may arrive shortly after release, is if you can run the benchmark tool with whatever hardware you have, so others can later do the same to help give us some idea on how the game runs or perhaps at this point suits either AMD/intel CPU and AMD/Nvidia cards.

We then also have the DLSS Vs FSR options too.

Last edited:
I am having some issues while controling the car in the joystick, in GT7 I play pushing the analog forward, I fell more precision this way, in FM the I am trying to play this way, but the car keeps changing the direction, is there a way to configurate the controls to play like GT7 style in FM?
Yes, go to controller options and put every deadzone on 0 and end deadzone on 100 for acceralation, brake and steering. For watever reasons Turn10 always put deadzones in there sticks and triggers as standard.

What would be handy, even though improved drivers may arrive shortly after release, is if you can run the benchmark tool with whatever hardware you have, so others can later do the same to help give us some idea on how the game runs or perhaps at this point suits either AMD/intel CPU and AMD/Nvidia cards.

Consider it done.

Yes, go to controller options and put every deadzone on 0 and end deadzone on 100 for acceralation, brake and steering. For watever reasons Turn10 always put deadzones in there sticks and triggers as standard.
Having a deadzone makes steering less twitchy. It's clearly done to make the untweaked user experience more friendly for players with less skill on a controller thumbstick.

Enjoy it....

Triples

Im running the game maxed out with at 4K DLSS quality and the benchmark tool which is very heavy (Hakone at rain night with 24 cars) runs at average 52fps for me. My specs are I7K 11th gen, 32gb DDR4 3600mhz ram, RTX 3080ti OC and 980 pro SSD.

Any chance you could get a few screen grabs of the Free-Play settings?

I'm just going to be a regular edition pleb this time so no access for me just yet.

Enjoy it....

Triples

If I wasn't having performance issues I'd upload a video but I have a 32:9:
1) It's the usual Forza setup where Menus are 16:9 as expected but in game is 32:9.
2) Photomode is 16:9 again like in FM7 even though it supports UW in Horizon since FH3.
3) The game defaults to a centered 16:9 HUD, which is a bonus imo.

Latest Posts

Back