Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
If I wasn't having performance issues I'd upload a video but I have a 32:9:
1) It's the usual Forza setup where Menus are 16:9 as expected but in game is 32:9.
2) Photomode is 16:9 again like in FM7 even though it supports UW in Horizon since FH3.
3) The game defaults to a centered 16:9 HUD, which is a bonus imo.

I‘m on 21:9 and some menus are fullscreen, but not all

I‘m on 21:9 and some menus are fullscreen, but not all
I see, they might be 21:9 then... it's hard to tell the difference with 32:9 if I'm being honest. Is the pre-race menu and photomode 21:9 or 16:9? I thought they were 16:9.

So... bad news - you were probably right.

Only one of the key sectors bears a similar name, and it's not at the same location on the track: Farmhouse. The others are Rocket, Amphitheater, and Elevator.
I heard from elsewhere that the video was a direct nod to community names. No expectation that it be in the game but was still nice to see.

I enjoyed SuperGT's review. Fair and reasonable.

So yeah, nothing groundbreaking (although there's some potential for the modularity to add new content or the multiplayer modes to become standouts), but it is clearly a step on from FM7 and is good fun to play.

Some people won't find this enough. Others like me will go "hey, controller support is built on FM5's basis and is really nice now, plus no more crappy lift off oversteer" and nothing else really matters.

Ok after playing for most of the night, I'm pretty happy so far. Aside from some minor issues, such as the well documented lighting inconsistencies, and the AI taking me out once or twice, it's the most fun I've had in a racer for some time.

I really like the career structure, every series feels very substantial, with decent race length, and of the few cars I've driven, I haven't had many problems levelling them up within the set classes.

What really stands out for me is the competitive nature of the AI, I'm not the fastest driver around, far from it, and I've had a lot of good mid-pack racing so far, I know the GT7 comparison is thrown around a lot but it's certainly a huge difference here, I actually feel like I'm in a race compared to GT's cafe menus.

One small change they've made is to not require gold or podium finishes to "complete" the career, and I'm finding it really refreshing being able to set the difficulty to a level where the AI is doing similar times to me, and just starting mid-pack, also running expert difficulty with no rewind, it's completely gotten rid of the need to cheese my way through the career. Any mistakes I make or bumps from or into AI don't force me to restart or rewind, I just get on with and focus on turning in faster laps each time.

FYI not sure if I've seen this posted yet, but there's an official thread on twitter of known issues

Well I've moved to New Zealand and completed the opening part and the first cup (I chose the Subaru) and by the end of it had earned enough credits to buy the most expensive car in the game. I cannot over estimate how that is better than GT7. I love levelling the cars. It is pure CarPG.

Eaglerock with the chicane is in race 1 of the Featured single player series (the one which changes weekly). I found it more fun than expected - the entire race is basically chicane plus two oval style corners and yet it's quite fun to do.
Whereabouts do I find the featured single player series in the menu? I looked and could only find featured multiplayer.

Whereabouts do I find the featured single player series in the menu? I looked and could only find featured multiplayer.
The career menu has 3 main options in a tab at the top: Introduction, Builders Cup and Featured.

(edited after starting up the game in CEST timezone finally)
More details here:

Last edited:
If your game looks blurry on PC, set Resulution Scaling to 110% and enable 2x MSAA, after that it will look much much better

Are the collision physics still akin to pinballs?
They are "stickier" this time. Not really like the "Forza glue" from FM7 really, but there is some impact absorption going on instead of the pinball effect of the early games where it feels like you just transfer all of your energy into them and send them flying.

You will get to experience the collision physics very quickly when you fire the game up because the AI is awful.

Just did a 6 lap race at Lime Rock, still with the AI setting on the highest difficulty. Multiple cars crashed going onto the back "straight" by understeering off into the wall... and not by a little bit, like a full 8 car widths off the track and face-first in the barriers, not even close to making the corner. At least 5 cars pitted as well, and one car I actually put 2 laps down. During a 6 lap, approximately 6 minute long race. Also, for some reason, on the last lap one of the AI was just stopped in the grass next to the track on the exit of turn 1, like they had just pulled up to park because they didn't want to drive anymore.

But hey, instead of finishing 5 seconds behind 1st place and 5 seconds ahead of 3rd, this time I won by a whopping 12 seconds.

Seriously, the AI is so bad that I'm wondering if they didn't screw up the day 1 patch and have reverted us to that preview-copy, early build AI.

They are "stickier" this time. Not really like the "Forza glue" from FM7 really, but there is some impact absorption going on instead of the pinball effect of the early games where it feels like you just transfer all of your energy into them and send them flying.

You will get to experience the collision physics very quickly when you fire the game up because the AI is awful.

Just did a 6 lap race at Lime Rock, still with the AI setting on the highest difficulty. Multiple cars crashed going onto the back "straight" by understeering off into the wall... and not by a little bit, like a full 8 car widths off the track and face-first in the barriers, not even close to making the corner. At least 5 cars pitted as well, and one car I actually put 2 laps down. During a 6 lap, approximately 6 minute long race. Also, for some reason, on the last lap one of the AI was just stopped in the grass next to the track on the exit of turn 1, like they had just pulled up to park because they didn't want to drive anymore.

But hey, instead of finishing 5 seconds behind 1st place and 5 seconds ahead of 3rd, this time I won by a whopping 12 seconds.

Seriously, the AI is so bad that I'm wondering if they didn't screw up the day 1 patch and have reverted us to that preview-copy, early build AI.

I haven’t encountered big problems with the AI, at least on level 6. Drives quite fast and doesn’t make many mistakes. Maybe on L8 they overdrive the car and lose traction or something

A few days ago, I pre-ordered the game for myself on PC since I don't have a series X. I mean, I could play it on my aging Xbox One, but I have a hunch my PC is going to be run it better.
Screenshot 2023-10-04 175713.png

Last edited:
Is the car pass not active yet? It should be October 5th. I accounted for all my eligible cars from all the packs but I am missing the 2018 Volkswagen #22 Experion Racing Golf GTI from the week 1 car pass thingy.

Is the car pass not active yet? It should be October 5th. I accounted for all my eligible cars from all the packs but I am missing the 2018 Volkswagen #22 Experion Racing Golf GTI from the week 1 car pass thingy.
I firmly expect that to operate exactly like FH5, where it unlocked at a set time globally (at the start of the season change).

As tomorrow is Thursday and FH5 has its next season change at 1430 UTC, I'd guess at then.

Bench results! For some reason, the framerate locks at 60 despite me having it unlocked in-game. Gonna have to figure out what's going on there. Anyway...

1440P, Max Settings [No RT]
RCHFFu3.png

1440P, Max Settings [Full RT]
frPluJj.png

1440P, Max Settings [Full RT + FSR 2 Quality]
hQMn8XA.png

Bench results! For some reason, the framerate locks at 60 despite me having it unlocked in-game. Gonna have to figure out what's going on there. Anyway...

1440P, Max Settings [No RT]
RCHFFu3.png

1440P, Max Settings [Full RT]
frPluJj.png

1440P, Max Settings [Full RT + FSR 2 Quality]
hQMn8XA.png
it's picking up your monitor as 60hz.

Someone can show me GOOD with GREAT quality comparasions with Forza 7 and new Forza?
I wanted to show some good coparasions to friends but i cant find any videos that arent reviews or that dont have that white blur problem fixed

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back