Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 in the meantime.
For some reason I imagine you watching both movies concurrently on two tvs side by side.

myjEr0l6B4BEUGX4N1XgewHaEh.jpg

Last edited:
What the hell kind of noise is the 787B making? What did they do?

What did they do to the Essenza as well? It sounds guttural and amazing in Horizon 5, but here it sounds neutered.
Yep, the Essenza does not at all sound like it does in FH5. But even the 787B? I hope those two get fixed in the future because, it's quite hard driving cars that don't sound like the real things irl.

It's now out on Steam.
Now to spend half an hour waiting for Steam to "unpack" it, (aka download the last 5% of each file because they knew people will be ripping this apart to steal assets from it the second it's possible).

Does anyone have any decent in game wheel settings for the Thrustmaster t300?

Yep, that name doesn't get any less cringe does it ...
I don't know about the T300, but even though it's not supported, the T-GT II does work (on PC) after a fashion. Following a suggestion on Reddit, I had to invert the force feedback to keep it from whipsawing. After that, I reduced the steering axis deadzone inside to 0. I had hoped to use the right thumbstick to move the camera around, but that was another thing I had to abandon, using the PS buttons for camera control.

I still haven't figured out how to use the wheel buttons for menu control.

The first issue in builders cup, finish the PRACTICAL PERFORMANCE series. It fails to load the BUILT FOR SPORT data, then the process return back to IN
PRACTICAL PERFORMANCE.
Did that twice, in the screen shot you can see there are two cups there.
Screenshot 2023-10-05 112130.png
Screenshot 2023-10-05 081004.png

Some Fanatec wheelsettings that got posted on Reddit.
Will try out the CSL DD settings tonight on my GT DD Pro (PC)

DD1
Fanatec DD1 settings:

SEN 900
FFB 50%
FFS PEAK
NDP 15%
NFR, NIN, INT - OFF
FEI 100
FOR 100%
SPR, DPR - OFF

Forza settings (advanced controls - only listing the ones I think I changed):
Steering, acceleration, deceleration deadzones - 0 and 100 (have noticed these reset to 5/95 after restarting game, will have to keep an eye on these)
Force feedback scale - 80
Road feel scale - 65
Load sensitivity - 35
Wheel damping scale - 55
Center spring scale - 40
Dynamic damper behavior - 3
CSL DD / GT DD Pro

ng0o93244bsb1.jpg

nd05a4244bsb1.jpg

Last edited:
Brief thoughts, but I like it so far. There is definitely merit to criticisms I've seen, primarily that the game is a bit... bare in a way. Regarding the long discussed models, the older ones tend to look their age in the menu more so than on the track for me. Graphics wise, the lighting is way better than before. I'm playing primarily on Performance RT, but I've noticed on Performance is where a lot of the nitpicks people have had (like the wheels in motion) are much better. I've only done 1 Visual run, with the XJR15 on VIR; hard for me to focus on what was changed as on Chase cam, the game kept popping in a weird overhead cloud texture on the car constantly through the track. And in the Cockpit, I was more focused on keeping the car on the track.

Physics wise, I think is a step up. I played FM7 with manual, ABS, no TCS or Stability and handled most cars just fine. This time around, the cars feel like they have more weight & personality to them. It's quite easy to slip the rear end out of a turn in the BRZ in 2nd or 3rd. The aforementioned XJR15 was a complete handful just getting the power down & nailing the corners. Dipping a tire off the track and staying on it could induce a tank slapper, which was something I rarely encountered in FM7. The modern race cars in contrast, feel like their extreme aero actually functions as they come across much more planted through the turns.

Cars I've messed with so far all sound really nice. There's actual burble off the gas, & the backfire doesn't come across too over the top. Leveling wise, I'm still undecided if I've been swayed, but I have leveled up a couple cars quite quick. I think the Nurburgring when it is added next year, will become a quick way to level cars by nailing the corners back to back; hitting 9-10s gives a nice XP boost.

I can see where a lot of people are disappointed, though. Part of me feels a slight bit of sadness mainly through the cuts in the car/track list, but I'm willing to give T10 a chance if their intent is to grow this game long-term. I also will put a lot more time into it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who is underwhelmed by this?

On my PC, not the highest spec, i7 12700k, RTX 3070, 32gb 5200 DDR5 Ram, Samsung 980, LG C2 OLed and the game is a terrible mess.
Graphics look average at a setting I want to run it at of a minimum 60fps, some of the tweaks that should give more fps bizarrely cause the opposite. Some benchmarks at lower setting would only manage around 10 fps. Pretty much any other sim I play I can happily achieve around 90 fps with the sim actually still looking good.
Often the brightness on screen is totally blown out loosing all detail.

The force feedback on my Fanatec CSL DD is a sad notchy mess, feels no way near natural and the manual clutch is nigh on unusable.

I want it to work and will keep trying and hopefully a new driver from Nvidia will help.
In the mean time I'm going to download it to my series X to see what it's like there and hopefully just be able to kick back in the lounge with a controller and go back to using AMS2 and ACC on my PC.

I firmly expect that to operate exactly like FH5, where it unlocked at a set time globally (at the start of the season change).

As tomorrow is Thursday and FH5 has its next season change at 1430 UTC, I'd guess at then.
Aah yes that makes sense, thanks!

Alright, I'll give some thoughts before I go to sleep. I'll play more after some rest.

Firstly, I'll say I enjoyed the driving in this game. I loved spending some time with my S550 Mustang GT as a first car.
Screenshot 2023-10-05 003139.png

Also yes, it's good to drive the Toyota GT-ONE again in Forza. Even though the livery isn't accurate, but the livery editor will later fix that.
Screenshot 2023-10-05 011154.png

With that said, there were a few things I noticed playing the game like graphical pop-ins. I saw things like light posts randomly popping in just as I pass by parts of the track. Also during the opening videos, I would see the road not be rendered right away and see cars driving on nothing.

Though, I wonder if I just have to mess around with the settings some more. Something to try later.

After reinstalling FM on PC, thinking that it is one of the solutions for dealing with the crash on title screen (which may in fact be a case of region checks), now the game can't launch. What should I do?

I have installed using the Xbox Store.

Last edited:
After reinstalling FM on PC, thinking that it is one of the solutions for dealing with the crash on title screen (which may in fact be a case of region checks), now the game can't launch. What should I do?
Try some of the stuff in this reply chain:

Am I the only one who is underwhelmed by this?

On my PC, not the highest spec, i7 12700k, RTX 3070, 32gb 5200 DDR5 Ram, Samsung 980, LG C2 OLed and the game is a terrible mess.
Graphics look average at a setting I want to run it at of a minimum 60fps, some of the tweaks that should give more fps bizarrely cause the opposite. Some benchmarks at lower setting would only manage around 10 fps. Pretty much any other sim I play I can happily achieve around 90 fps with the sim actually still looking good.
Often the brightness on screen is totally blown out loosing all detail.

The force feedback on my Fanatec CSL DD is a sad notchy mess, feels no way near natural and the manual clutch is nigh on unusable.

I want it to work and will keep trying and hopefully a new driver from Nvidia will help.
In the mean time I'm going to download it to my series X to see what it's like there and hopefully just be able to kick back in the lounge with a controller and go back to using AMS2 and ACC on my PC.
The game runs out of vram on ultra settings at 1080p and above. The vram indicator in the menu is borked. You should avoid going above 4.3GB in the menu, because that equates to over 8 GB in gameplay according to RTSS.
Every graphic setting change needs a restart because of some shader compilation error.
It also seems very cpu bound even at higher resolutions.

Hope that a driver update (and a game update) will address some of this.

Do they penalize you at ''Club'' difficulty? They say they'll do it for when you cut corners and I tested, did it a couple times just to test the system and I always had ''No penalties'' even I cut somewhat blatantly.

I played for about 2 hours, and I have to say that, using a wheel, the physics and driving experience feels really weird…
I was using Fanatec DD Pro, and I did pretty much all the preparation needed based on the preview and review videos I watched. I adjusted steering from "normal" to "simulation", disabled the default dead zones of steering, pedals, etc., disabled all the assists except ABS, and used this guy's FFB setting. In the end, the problem isn't really about how the FFB feels, but the physics.
Every car understeers and oversteers at the same time, basically as soon as you start turning in, the car understeers, then it is also very easy to oversteer on the corner exit. It's almost like driving rally cars on dirt. At first, I thought it was because I was driving road cars in the intro events, but after that, I tried the Audi R8 GT3, probably from the premium pack, it was the same story. I've never driven a real GT3 car, but based on experiences in ACC and iRacing, that's probably not how a GT3 car should feel like. Obviously Forza Motorsport is not supposed to compete with ACC and iRacing in terms of simulation, but even discard the details, the basic car dynamics in Forza just doesn't feel right…

The game runs out of vram on ultra settings at 1080p and above.
That explains why Kie was complaining the game was terrible yesterday, while Rory thought it was great. Kie was running on PC with a 3070, Rory was running on Xbox Series X. Nalak was running on PC at a solid 100fps in 4k. Sounds like the game is optimised for current gen consoles, which means terrible performance on 8GB VRAM graphics cards, so you really need a 4070 or better in terms of current gen cards (ignoring the terrible value 16GB 4060Ti).

On another note, my Steam copy is now taking an eternity to "unpack", whatever that is. Couldn't they have made it do that before release rather than just downloading and waiting till it unlocks to unpack?! Most games don't have any noticeable separate unpacking stage anyway.

Back