• Road America - West Route Alt
  • Suzuka - Full Circuit Alt
  • Suzuka - West Circuit
  • Suzuka - West Circuit Alt
  • Virginia International Raceway - Patriot
  • Virginia International Raceway - Patriot Alt
  • Watkins Glen International Speedway - Full Circuit Alt
  • Watkins Glen International Speedway - Short Circuit Alt
I loved Catalunya School, sad to see that one go.

FML, just went to play and stupidly didn't check to see if it had preinstalled. Stupid me hadn't cleared enough space. Now have to wait another 6 hours.

it's picking up your monitor as 60hz.
That doesn't matter. Or, at least, it shouldn't. Unlocked means exactly that: unlocked. Frames aren't being synced relative to the monitor's refresh rate. Even with Enhanced Sync on and the game's internal FPS limiter removed...it still locks to 60.

Either it's a game/driver support issue (likely) or the game's internal logic isn't recognizing anything by "v_sync=On (or 1)" for whatever reason. I'm willing to bet it's the former because performance is...good but it falls off a cliff. Even disabling RT didn't give me much performance back.

Obviously more investigation needs to be done on my part as I'm unsure what's going on exactly. Gonna mess around with settings some more, get a proper profile going and go from there.

Here are all of the missing layouts from FM7

• Circuit de Catalunya - School Circuit
  • Homestead Miami - Mini Circuit
  • Homestead Miami - Super-Mini Circuit
  • Homestead Miami - Speedway Circuit Alt
  • Homestead Miami - Road Circuit Alt
  • Indianapolis - Grand Prix Circuit Classic
  • Indianapolis - Grand Prix Circuit Alt
  • Le Mans - Bugatti Circuit
  • Lime Rock - West Chicane
  • Maple Valley - Full Circuit Reverse
  • Road America - Full Circuit Alt
  • Road America - West Route
  • Road America - West Route Alt
  • Suzuka - Full Circuit Alt
  • Suzuka - West Circuit
  • Suzuka - West Circuit Alt
  • Virginia International Raceway - Patriot
  • Virginia International Raceway - Patriot Alt
  • Watkins Glen International Speedway - Full Circuit Alt
  • Watkins Glen International Speedway - Short Circuit Alt
I loved Catalunya School, sad to see that one go.

So Maple Valley’s full layout doesn’t have a reverse version but the short layout does? Gee, and I thought this game’s launch couldn’t have been more incompetent.

Losing Le Mans Bugatti and Suzuka West are bummers too, and I guess we still don’t have the short Nürb GP layout (without the southern half). The others I can kind of understand for not having a pit lane, but I digress.

Last edited:
I haven't seen horrible AI as described above. Conversely, I've been pleased by the AI making improving mistakes.

The work they've done to go from 3 AI racing lines in Forza 7 to 19 AI racing lines in Motorsport is clearly seen in my races.

I did a 10 lap race at Laguna and didn't care where I finished. I just wanted to watch the replay slowly and take note of the AI driving. It was fantastic

I was however, disappointed that I couldn't set accelerated fuel burn and tire wear. I have no idea why Kaz is the only one to include that in a racing game.

Here are all of the cars from Forza Motorsport 5 to Forza Horizon 5 that are not in Forza Motorsport (2023) at launch. There's a lot of them.

FM Missing Cars 1.jpg

FM Missing Cars 2.jpg

FM Missing Cars 3.jpg

FM Missing Cars 4.jpg

FM Missing Cars 5.jpg

FM Missing Cars 6.jpg

FM Missing Cars 7.jpg

Happy to say I got in at 12 :) two 4ths in a row had me turn the drivatars down from 5 to 3 though,if I'd picked a car I could actually drive I might have left them there though.:lol:

Any chance you could get a few screen grabs of the Free-Play settings?

I'm just going to be a regular edition pleb this time so no access for me just yet.
I was looking for this.

What do you want, in particular? Or simply... everything? :lol:

Well, I tested the game a few hours, as a low-spec end pc player I'm kinda disappointed with the performance of the game, if someone is wondering my specs: 1650 super 4gb, R5 3600 and 16 GB ram.

It's nearly impossible to play over 60 fps in low, even if I play below my native resolution that isn't full hd lol, (1366x768), best results with native res are achieved with everything low or no, 60 fps limit, windowed and AMD FSR 2.0 set at balanced ~ performance is literally potato mode, results are even worse if you don't use FSR...Is kinda sad cause Horizon 5 runs smooth on high with some tweaks being and open world, hope this helps someone.

In the other hand, the game is like night and day compared to other forzas on a wheel, maybe a bit understeery sometimes but it feels natural, something that I was wishing to be, manual with clutch is weird tho and the FF feels nice but it will need some tweaks to extract all the feelings my G25 can provide.

It seems is going to be a great game, at least I can play on SX but for creating content I prefer pc so...Sad.

Last edited:
So, been playing for 2 hours now but have work in the morning so calling it quits. Quick thoughts:

• my god, they’ve finally fixed the front end of the Impreza 22b. Rejoice!
  • no AI in private custom multiplayer lobbies. Very very disappointed.
  • AI is fantastic except for the one car still completely obliterating the pack.
  • what the hell is up with the headlights being black in menus?
  • livery editor no real changes. After GT allowed vinyls on glass etc I really hoped for some change.
  • livery editor menu. Options menu for lighting but only one option available? What’s the point?

Really enjoying it. Lot of fun and great vibes. Being able to put cars in the Home Screen like PGR is a big plus. I can tell a lot of hours will be sunk into this one.

I’m sorry but the whole game being built from the ground up is either rubbish or T10 just haven’t learned from past mistakes - way too many repeat issues for something that’s new.

Physics feel great and play nicely on a controller.

Like the levelling up system but wish aesthetic changes weren’t locked away from the start.

See you on the track!

If you ask me this is a solid track list. I'd get decent use out of them all, unlike GT7.
Oh, I forgot that. Yes. There's a lot of options for the UI and this is off by default but easy to turn on:
View attachment 1292441
View attachment 1292442

... but also totally unnecessary, because the track limits are totally consistent: white lines except where kerbs, then kerbs.

GT7 desperately needs this, because the track limits are all over the shop.
Well that's helpful.
It is very unfortunate that this game has joined the streak of botched AAA PC ports over the past year or so ahem Jedi Survivor, TLOU ahem combined with the boneheaded decision to cap frame rates online.

This whole pre-release marketing and hype and promises of deep single-player and improved AI has all been smoke and mirrors by the looks of it. Glad I dodged a bullet. T10 could take some cues from Baldur’s Gate 3 and Tears of the Kingdom instead of going the typical AAA ‘release now, update later’ MO.
Good thing I bought a Series X.

That doesn't matter. Or, at least, it shouldn't. Unlocked means exactly that: unlocked. Frames aren't being synced relative to the monitor's refresh rate. Even with Enhanced Sync on and the game's internal FPS limiter removed...it still locks to 60.

Either it's a game/driver support issue (likely) or the game's internal logic isn't recognizing anything by "v_sync=On (or 1)" for whatever reason. I'm willing to bet it's the former because performance is...good but it falls off a cliff. Even disabling RT didn't give me much performance back.

Obviously more investigation needs to be done on my part as I'm unsure what's going on exactly. Gonna mess around with settings some more, get a proper profile going and go from there.
If I understand AMD's explanatory video right, Enhanced Sync is simply a different way of implementing v-sync with an emphasis on lower latency. Of course, I have used Nvidia products for years, so I don't have first-hand experience with it.

I normally don't disagree with Alex and his opinions, but his whole rant about the car upgrade system screams petty Youtuber who just realised he'll have to change his format and now he's mad about it. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's the best way to do things, but there's no way this is a worse system than the completely random crapshoot upgrade system in The Crew and NFS Payback.

Is the car pass not active yet? It should be October 5th. I accounted for all my eligible cars from all the packs but I am missing the 2018 Volkswagen #22 Experion Racing Golf GTI from the week 1 car pass thingy.
I received the first car pack car about an hour ago, there was a message on screen about it when I returned to menus after completing the week1 Track Tour event.

Upgrade doesn't seem too bad to me. The Track Tour event took my MR2 to level 18.

Main problem at the moment is the lack of events/tours. I think you can add the weekly tour to the career total in effect, since you get 5 races every week but that still only gets you to 95 races. Which is way too short as it is.

If I understand AMD's explanatory video right, Enhanced Sync is simply a different way of implementing v-sync with an emphasis on lower latency. Of course, I have used Nvidia products for years, so I don't have first-hand experience with it.
Yeah, it lets the game run uncapped and minimizes screen tearing by dumping older, unneeded frames. That's where the lower latency comes from.

I've figured out the issue though and it was the Adrenalin OSD. With Rivatuner running and Enhanced Sync, the framerate is running uncapped. Which leads me to think I should update my drivers because performance is all over the place...

Is there a sound bug? My game is not outputting any sound, but other games are.

Edit* Restarting the game fixed it, but that was weird. It just cut out in the middle of a Kyalami practice session.

Last edited:
Just curious, supergt said that gt3 cars feel inconsistent to drive. Haven't driven one thoroughly yet, so I want to know what everyone else thinks.

Yeah, it lets the game run uncapped and minimizes screen tearing by dumping older, unneeded frames. That's where the lower latency comes from.

I've figured out the issue though and it was the Adrenalin OSD. With Rivatuner running and Enhanced Sync, the framerate is running uncapped. Which leads me to think I should update my drivers because performance is all over the place...
Updating drivers usually helps, though Nvidia hasn't yet released a "game-ready" driver for FM. I suspect AMD hasn't done a similar thing for FM yet.

On a related note, it's an hour until I can at least see what my new system (Intel i9 13900KF/GeForce 4090 Founders/64 GB DDR6000 RAM at CL30/ASRock Taichi Lite/2 TB Samsung 990 Pro/the unsupported Thrustmaster T-GT II, and today's addition, Sony InZone M9) can do, though I'll unlikely do more than bench-test and see if I can get the wheel to work as 0-dark-30 comes early.

71c7dd9f-196b-4af3-b5e7-1ba18900548e.png

Jag sounds WAY better than it did in FH5. It’s gloriously visceral and raspy here. This cat also wants to kill you, just like the real deal. :dopey:

Liking the game so far. Yeah, it sucks that the lead AI is still way to fast, but I feel that battling against the rest of the field is fun. Races feel way better than FM7. It’s feels ‘involved’ if it makes sense. I don’t know why, but races in FM6 and 7 never felt that way to me. It’s just as if those game tacks a random list of car that serve as traffic that stops you from reaching #1.

My other gripe is that we don’t have tons of races to go through in the base game. I really hope T10 would handle the seasonal seasons well, as I feel those would be FM’s lifeblood.

Also, the levelling system would shine with the open class series. I can see myself starting up with the 924 Carrera at C, before building it slowly up to A. I agree with Famine there - this system does not really glue well with the regular series.

Soundtrack is up there with 3 and 4 imho. Top notch stuff. It has 6’s grace and beauty, but the more intense electronic backing makes it livelier.

Back