Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
In the end, the problem isn't really about how the FFB feels, but the physics.
Every car understeers and oversteers at the same time, basically as soon as you start turning in, the car understeers, then it is also very easy to oversteer on the corner exit. It's almost like driving rally cars on dirt. At first, I thought it was because I was driving road cars in the intro events, but after that, I tried the Audi R8 GT3, probably from the premium pack, it was the same story. I've never driven a real GT3 car, but based on experiences in ACC and iRacing, that's probably not how a GT3 car should feel like. Obviously Forza Motorsport is not supposed to compete with ACC and iRacing in terms of simulation, but even discard the details, the basic car dynamics in Forza just doesn't feel right…
Have you played earlier Forza games? Try turning on ABS. My game is still unpacking, but if it works like previous Forza games, ABS will help with turning while braking, though it's then easier to oversteer while braking. You can also modify this behaviour with diff tuning.

In multiplayer on several occasions it has happened to me with the cars already on the grid to start the race, that a message appears about waiting for more drivers, the screen goes black forever and I have to exit the game.
(Playing on Xbox)

Has anyone had the same problem?

Question - I have only just completed the Introduction 3 races, and a few of the Featured (GR86) races, but if I wanted to "level up" other cars I purchase, do I have to just do endless Free Play races? Or do I have to find the relevant Builders Cup set of races, and do them on repeat?

Unsure how this mechanic works. Worried about being forced down a route of only driving what the game tells me to, like GT7 Cafe.

Also, at what stage/car level do you have to be, to have enough Car Points to be able to "max out" a car?

Have you played earlier Forza games? Try turning on ABS. My game is still unpacking, but if it works like previous Forza games, ABS will help with turning while braking, though it's then easier to oversteer while braking. You can also modify this behaviour with diff tuning.
No, I have not played any previous Forza Motorsport games. ABS was on. I wasn't even talking about trail braking, just braking on straight and turning without braking.

That doesn't matter. Or, at least, it shouldn't. Unlocked means exactly that: unlocked. Frames aren't being synced relative to the monitor's refresh rate. Even with Enhanced Sync on and the game's internal FPS limiter removed...it still locks to 60.

Either it's a game/driver support issue (likely) or the game's internal logic isn't recognizing anything by "v_sync=On (or 1)" for whatever reason. I'm willing to bet it's the former because performance is...good but it falls off a cliff. Even disabling RT didn't give me much performance back.

Obviously more investigation needs to be done on my part as I'm unsure what's going on exactly. Gonna mess around with settings some more, get a proper profile going and go from there.
Not caught up yet with all posts but on the support page, one of the things was the benchmark not working properly after the first try or something and then later when you do more of the game it should.

Maybe you got it sorted ?

I have a question. Does anyone know how you can change the video mode to Performance RT in the menus?

Last edited:
Is anybody having the game crash specifically only during Featured Multiplayer? especially during the interval between Qualy and the Race start.

Throws up this error:

1696494715589.png

Not completely understanding the comparisons between the career mode in this to the cafe in GT7. We already know that the career mode is going to actively change with added tracks and cars to the game. I'm sure that we can expect added events weekly or monthly to the career mode.

This is very different than the set career mode in GT7.
Career Mode in GT7...where??.There is no career mode only the Menu Books...

Career Mode in GT7...where??.There is no career mode only the Menu Books...
I'm sorry that you are unable to comprehend this but...
The career is handled by means of a Cafe, where you progress through ownership of various cars through the menu books to drive them in specific races if you'd like or you can buy the cars to complete the menu's, GT7 is a car collecting game with the emphasis on exploring and enjoying car culture. Not a career of becoming a racing driver or the next best street racer which I'm assuming you're trying to compare this to other titles.
GT7 is titled as the real driving simulator, it's driving and the progress through the cafe menu if you choose to do the menu's as intended covers that.
I think your expectations of what the game is and should are the issue more than the game itself.
You just have a massive misunderstanding that career modes can be different from game to game, maybe leave different games to be different games and people you know... just enjoy them? why do they need to be the same as every other game, guess what they don't and they aren't

New and improved AI, my arse. Same traits, same practical inability to take Eau Rouge at the proper speed, same stopping through corners that can be taken flat out.

What's actually changed about the AI? Because I've yet to see any indications.
I've noticed a lot more lap 1 chaos, mostly. Cars completely forgetting to brake and flying off the track (a callback to FM4's AI, maybe?), taking pathetic little swipes at each other when they get side by side, basically things you'd see in any typical online lobby.

Once they eventually get clear of each other though, normal service resumes and they just weld themselves to the racing line and can be easily disposed of with some late braking and even just a modest amount of aggressive cornering.

Just more videos Ive found regards hardware/performance...

This person is doing a lot of different tests with 7900XTX...
THANK YOU!!

First 32:9 Video I have seen
I want the new Samsung 57" Neo G9 :)

Not played the game yet, but regards the AI will it not also improve as more people playing the game increases its "racing awareness" etc? Is it similar to "Sophie"?

Last edited:
I was pretty underwhelmed to begin with tbh, the hand holding and 3 lap races didn't help. But once I finished the introduction and bought my first car and slowly upgraded it across free play and rivals then I really started to enjoy it. It's not quite the glory days of 3 and 4 yet but certainly not 7.5. (How do you change the cars in the home space?)

2.jpg

Here are all of the cars from Forza Motorsport 5 to Forza Horizon 5 that are not in Forza Motorsport (2023) at launch. There's a lot of them.
Not sure how easy it is to port cars over and how the licensing will work but I'd wager new cars added will be on that list.

Last edited:
Anyone else finding the brakes really intense? Is there a way to reduce them, as when I just touch them I totally slow to near stopped in no time, can't think of any other title like this, except GTA.

Otherwise handling fine, maybe harder than ACC to control, but then the braking just let's it down for me.

@AttackDickie You can rearrange your display garage by going to "My Cars" from the main menu. It's such a nice feature to have honestly. :D

And yeah, bonding with your cars and leveling them up has is fantastic! Right there with Enthusia! I just wish the customization level wasn't so high. Maybe T10 can bring it down to, say, level 5 at least? 🤔
Yeah, it needs tweaking, esp given the feedback/criticism it's getting. (Also seems odd having so much money but not being able to upgrade my car tbh.) Although not sure I would have enjoyed my time with the mini so much if I could fully upgrade it in one go. (Plus the upgrades feel much better than FM7, my mini just didn't like upgrades last time out.)

Last edited:
Yeah, it needs tweaking, esp given the feedback/criticism it's getting. (Also seems odd having so much money but not being able to upgrade my car tbh.) Although not sure I would have enjoyed my time with the mini so much if I could fully upgrade it in one go. (Plus the upgrades feel much better than FM7, my mini just didn't like upgrades last time out.)
Absolutely! The upgrade levels are totally fine as is imo, as it prevents the urge to over-upgrade your cars to the point that they become undrivable or a mess. The visual customization level should be brought down to at least level 5. That way, you could still feel the sense of progression when trying to reach to that level for all your cars.

Last edited:
Some comments from someone that played FM2-4 and FM7
I Spent playing hte game until few mins ago, around 5 hours playing straight non stop
  • Driving feels FAR better than FM7, more grippy but it does mean that you will be able to force the curves, I went to the tire wall a few times trying to make the car go to limit
  • The game says that if someone bring dust to the track, you may lose control of the car
  • After since God knows When, the clock inside of the car FINNALY WORKS AGAIN (at least on Subaru that i had picked as starter car had ints internal clock working instead of stay on 12:00 all the time)
  • From what i noticied from the paintbooht, it will be updated, it had a window that showed some lighting options, but so far had only a option, showing that maybe they will put other options in near future very soon...
  • Ai was challenging for me, maybe beacuse i am not that profissional, but so far in carrer i was not able to win a race
  • Tire/Fuel strategy looks fun, but dont had the chance of test it in a more equal cars situation
  • Multiplayer is FAR BETTER, no hammers so far, clean racing and the time qualy system is really fun, i wish they could let you do laps until like 60 secs before race, but in qualy you can do only 3 laps, working similar as rivals work (clean laps over dirty laps, even if clean laps are slower)
  • Astra BTCC has a beautful turbo sound, even if is not the "Meta Car" i prefered to race it on some online races just beacuse of its beautful sound
  • As some people may had noted here, graphics looks better than in video, i dont know how to explain but clearly looks better

Last edited:
The game runs out of vram on ultra settings at 1080p and above. The vram indicator in the menu is borked. You should avoid going above 4.3GB in the menu, because that equates to over 8 GB in gameplay according to RTSS.
Every graphic setting change needs a restart because of some shader compilation error.
It also seems very cpu bound even at higher resolutions.

Hope that a driver update (and a game update) will address some of this.
Thanks for the info, as I mentioned I'll keep chipping away at ways to improve it. 👍

Okay, played the game for 70 minutes and have requested a refund from Steam. The game is technologically absolutely terrible on PC. They should hand the PC implementation over to PG, as the new FM is way behind even FH4. I haven't found any way to get it to run smoothly, even on a 4080. The in-game frame rate options do nothing at all, on top of giving a completely inadequate range of options. I tried to set vsync to half refresh rate in the Nvidia driver, but it still isn't smooth. If you run it unlocked, the frame rate is ridiculously variable, just like FM7. FH4 and FH5 have none of these problems.

Main menu / settings / video
Thanks Dickie, I was up all night playing the featured tour and looked straight through this setting at the top of the screen. Half asleep this morning.

Will give it a go next time I play but I have a feeling it'll make more difference to chase cam players than a hood view player like me.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, as I mentioned I'll keep chipping away at ways to improve it. 👍
let me know if any developments happen

1696500770013.png

This is what i run at the edge of vram capacity. Usually i tun down track texture to medium and restart the game if it stutters.

The 61 FPS is a frame cap i run externally

If you turn off Ray Tracing you should be able to boost a bunch of other settings and stay within VRAM - RT is a known VRAM hog after all.

let me know if any developments happen

View attachment 1292661
This is what i run at the edge of vram capacity. Usually i tun down track texture to medium and restart the game if it stutters.

The 61 FPS is a frame cap i run externally
Dropping to sub 30fps at 1080p with a 2070 Super, what an absolute joke. You can probably run FH4 at 4k and never drop below 60?

Maybe I missed something, but is there a way to turn on distances/time to the car behind and infront?

I am only a few races into Single Player and it hasnt shown up yet.

I have the Sector Score and Car Level top right, and Lap Times, Lap Delta top left.

You can probably run FH4 at 4k and never drop below 60
With track set to medium, i get a rock solid 60 in actual gameplay. Seems like the benchmark is very heavy.
not sure about fh4, but FH5 can do just about 1440p 60 high/ultra, but will run out of VRAM
FM doesn't have a sharpness slider for the ubscaler, which is extremely odd.

Thanks Dickie, I was up all night playing the featured tour and looked straight through this setting at the top of the screen. Half asleep this morning.

Will give it a go next time I play but I have a feeling it'll make more difference to chase cam players than a hood view player like me.
I had the same problem with the FOV settings, totally missed you have to select custom settings first, T10 clearly don't trust us.

I think you might need to reset the console once you make the change though as there's a bug with the visuals:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back