Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
With track set to medium, i get a rock solid 60 in actual gameplay.
Is it smooth? What caused me to give up on it was that even when the frame rate was showing as a rock steady 72 (on a 144hz monitor), it still wasn't smooth. If other elements (AI, physics) had been amazing, I'd have messed about for longer, but with the 2 hour refund time limit, and feeling that the AI and physics were both pretty mid, I stopped playing.

Is it smooth?
yeah

1696503274702.png

This is a good balance for RT on the 2070S. Still CPU Bound tho.

i think it needs a bit of work both from graphics drivers (Nvidia Geforce Experience doesnt recognise it yet) and game hotfixes/updates.

The smoothest i have played it was with everything set to auto and Dynamic render set to high. Never dips below 60. Apart from RTAO it has everything. (This run was without the 61fps limit)
1696503740578.png

Last edited:
Multiplayer has been a mixed bag.

The Civic TCR "Qualifier" series or whatever was actually kinda fun, and it seemed people were being careful and I had a few races that were actually decent battles for a few laps.

The Forza GT series has been abysmal though. I'm 4.8k/S for ratings, and the 6 or so races I did were all a disaster with people divebombing and running people out wide on the first lap of the race instead of settling in. People clearly are not worried about their safety rating in those lobbies, and I don't yet know how lenient the system is before it boots you down a rank.

I guess it's best to wait and see how things are in a month or so, after ratings have normalized a bit.
In multiplayer on several occasions it has happened to me with the cars already on the grid to start the race, that a message appears about waiting for more drivers, the screen goes black forever and I have to exit the game.
(Playing on Xbox)

Has anyone had the same problem?
Yeah, have had several issues with multiplayer transitioning into the game.

Also several issues getting groups of players into the same lobby. When you bring in a party several people would get stuck choosing their car and have to dashboard the game.

We have also had multiple instances where a lobby loads in and a race starts, but one driver in the lobby can't steer, only use gas/brake. Unplugging their controller doesn't fix it, going into settings doesn't fix it, all they can do is back out... But the next race, everything works fine again.
Question - I have only just completed the Introduction 3 races, and a few of the Featured (GR86) races, but if I wanted to "level up" other cars I purchase, do I have to just do endless Free Play races? Or do I have to find the relevant Builders Cup set of races, and do them on repeat?

Unsure how this mechanic works. Worried about being forced down a route of only driving what the game tells me to, like GT7 Cafe.

Also, at what stage/car level do you have to be, to have enough Car Points to be able to "max out" a car?
You have to level them up in free play races or free play test drive mode if you don't have a Builder's Cup series unlocked where you can use the car you want in, of if you do then yeah just repeat the series.

Since there are no multiplayer hoppers for all classes, you can't just hop in one of those to level a car up in a specific class. You can do private lobbies and level cars up racing with friends though. I guess you could do Rivals, but without your car being at top of class, you have basically no chance at setting any kind of decent time... but maybe it could be a fun challenge to see how high you can get with a stock car?

I find this annoying, as I'm sitting around feeling like I should be leveling up my cars to be "constructive" but I also can't access a championship for anything I really want to drive or work on leveling up at the moment.

Maybe I missed something, but is there a way to turn on distances/time to the car behind and infront?

I am only a few races into Single Player and it hasnt shown up yet.

I have the Sector Score and Car Level top right, and Lap Times, Lap Delta top left.
In the "Gameplay & HUD" section, do you have the "Mini Leaderboard" turned on? It's like the 9th or so option down, I think that does it.
To be fair, AI in several games do something very similar when you stop/go very slow in front of them... But yeah the AI is pretty terrible and hardly some big improvement. I think I'd probably prefer FM7 AI to be honest, even with its cheating they didn't pit on lap 2 of a 5 lap race and you wouldn't see 3 cars in succession drive off the track face first into a wall like lemmings.

Pitting seems to screw up the AI, as several tracks now I've watched AI come out of the pits and immediately blow the next corner, usually rejoining horribly after they dig their way out of the gravel or whatever. Eagle Rock Club is the worst/funniest because of the chicane.

Can anyone confirm the 90 Audi Quattro ISMA is available at launch without winning it or anything behind some kind of wall?
Yes it is. You can rent it from the start if you don't have credits, or buy it for 319k credits.

Last edited:
The smoothest i have played it was with everything set to auto and Dynamic render set to high. Never dips below 60.
I'm talking about visually, though. I had it at a rock solid 72fps on a 144hz monitor, but it wasn't smooth. I don't know what the problem was, and with a 2 hour refund time limit I wasn't willing to spend more time messing about in the hope of working out a solution. FH5 is absolutely silky smooth on the same system at either 72 or 144fps, both of which are available options in game.

Okay, played the game for 70 minutes and have requested a refund from Steam. The game is technologically absolutely terrible on PC. They should hand the PC implementation over to PG, as the new FM is way behind even FH4. I haven't found any way to get it to run smoothly, even on a 4080. The in-game frame rate options do nothing at all, on top of giving a completely inadequate range of options. I tried to set vsync to half refresh rate in the Nvidia driver, but it still isn't smooth. If you run it unlocked, the frame rate is ridiculously variable, just like FM7. FH4 and FH5 have none of these problems.
Dude, welcome to PC gaming, previous titles inc FH4 FH5 also had their issues at launch...

If you expect all new titles to work like a dream and on (play early) release thats unlikely to happen.
I get it, deffo annoying that we pay extra to help beta test some things but isnt this the new way things happen. Patch it later approach various studios have.

Its going to take some time for updates to fix certain things and newer drivers for AMD/Nvidia to appear. We may even see superb benefits with FSR or DLSS but its a bit harsh or naïve considering this is still not the official release date.

Last edited:
Unable to use a manual shifter on Xbox series x only sequential works, am I missing something or is it just not possible,thanks
If memory serves, on consoles, the shifter has to be the same brand as the wheel and connect through said wheel. Beyond that, as I'm running on PC, I don't know.

Did some livery importing last night, about 50 of my designs carried over.

Also imported 400 vinyl groups but not shared them yet (it was 4am when I was doing it 😅).

I will say one thing though, Forza Motorsport’s livery editor is astoundingly slow and clunky to use, not to mention it’s capped at 30fps on Series X. I don’t see myself painting in this game at all until there’s some improvements.

Anyone able to confirm?
Audio positional placement, even from videos Ive been watching seems to be VERY well executed in this title compared to some other games.

Track curbs and cars to either side offering excellent stereo?

Anyone much to offer regards 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos

If you expect all new titles to work like a dream and on (play early) release thats unlikely to happen.
I was expecting their tech to have at least moved on in the last 6 years and maybe added some features from FH4/5. The frame rate options and behaviour seem almost unchanged from FM7. I don't think something as fundamental as the game running smoothly is a lot to ask on release day after 6 years of development, especially when an associated studio that makes a sibling game has it absolutely nailed.

Blind ? You mean they don’t add the new ai for the reviewer ?
I'm not sure how much the AI has been updated at this stage tbh, I just recall Chris Esaki laughing and saying the AI was 'blind' on the preview builds. But I haven't experienced the AI going off track as much as the previews, which led to his comment.

Last edited:
If memory serves, on consoles, the shifter has to be the same brand as the wheel and connect through said wheel. Beyond that, as I'm running on PC, I don't know.
Yes all same brand and connected thru the wheel works on all other games,seems to be nowhere to map the gears,there’s no problem on forza 7 or horizon 5
EDIT. Updated driver and firmware on wheelbase and wheels and works like a charm, hope this helps anyone with same problem

Last edited:
Question guys: is it possible to choose and drive every car from the very beginning, at least in arcade mode?

I'm not sure how much the AI has been updated at this stage tbh, I just recall Chris Esaki laughing and saying the AI was 'blind' on the preview builds. But I haven't experienced the AI going off track as much as the previews, which led to his comment.
At least he can joke and laugh at how **** the AI is

I will say one thing though, Forza Motorsport’s livery editor is astoundingly slow and clunky to use, not to mention it’s capped at 30fps on Series X. I don’t see myself painting in this game at all until there’s some improvements.
Oh. Dear.

Anyone who paid any attention during the pre-release cycle should have seen that coming from ten miles away. GT7’s livery editor demonstrates that Forza’s livery editor is woefully outdated. This game is an absolute train wreck of a ‘reboot’ for the series.

I hope all that forced ray tracing was worth it though!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back