Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Hello, does anyone experience that the game on Xbox Series X is set to maximum brightness?... I have to set the game to the lowest brightness because the loading screen looks gray from so much brightness.

My settings right now on my Fanatec GT DD Pro 8Nm on PC.

22znzxjZszMrFnAXvVMfO6Uf.png
q73MQtYJ7D9ena13XZvrutE5.png
Tnbc2zxdnJlwuMxJMpfPwBuE.png
QE0zv5Vp71fOlokqXbPsIBDM.png

Anyone fiddled with settings on a TX/T300? I've been mostly happy with FFB and haven't touched a thing yet, but keen on trying any optimized settings if folks have some.

I'm talking about visually, though. I had it at a rock solid 72fps on a 144hz monitor, but it wasn't smooth. I don't know what the problem was, and with a 2 hour refund time limit I wasn't willing to spend more time messing about in the hope of working out a solution. FH5 is absolutely silky smooth on the same system at either 72 or 144fps, both of which are available options in game.
I had exactly this issue, roughly 70 fps but didn't feel smooth despite that.
In my case switching from DLSS+DLAA to just DLSS Quality Mode (and therefore relying solely on TAA) gave me back smoothness.

I'm getting very reasonable frame rates now with all settings on High, 1440p, DLSS Quality Mode - well above 60fps at all times and smooth enough, but I still feel the Series X was smoother locked to 60fps so I'm not done yet.

I'm going to try the latest NVidia drivers (I was using the one before that from the Starfield update) since I saw the advice that they might help with frame rates.

I had exactly this issue, roughly 70 fps but didn't feel smooth despite that.
In my case switching from DLSS+DLAA to just DLSS Quality Mode (and therefore relying solely on TAA) gave me back smoothness.

I'm getting very reasonable frame rates now with all settings on High, 1440p, DLSS Quality Mode - well above 60fps at all times and smooth enough, but I still feel the Series X was smoother locked to 60fps so I'm not done yet.

I'm going to try the latest NVidia drivers (I was using the one before that from the Starfield update) since I saw the advice that they might help with frame rates.
They to avoid using vsync. It helped me. And dlss impacts the cpu more. This game is extremely sensitive to the cpu. Which is why in a lot of these benchmarks you won't be seeing gpu limited percentage go over 90 often.

Update on this. My Nvidia GeForce Experience wasn't notifying me of a new driver update, so I went to look if, by any chance, there was something more recent. There was. Even though it didn't say if it contained updates for Forza Motorsport, I installed it anyway, to see if there were improvements. And yes, there clearly were, a few stutters here and there but the FPS is stable now and I even have Ray-tracing on. So, even if you don't have notifications for a driver update, do check, because it can help majorly.
Unfortunately, it seems I spoke too soon, once again. After around 20 minutes of good framerates, performance started to drop again. I rebooted the computer, did a benchmark, it was running smoothly, so I continued playing. 10 minutes later we're back to poor framerates. This is already with the latest Nvidia GPU drivers. Here are some benchmarks I took:

bench1.png

bench3.png

Am I the one expecting too much from my rig?

Unfortunately, it seems I spoke too soon, once again. After around 20 minutes of good framerates, performance started to drop again. I rebooted the computer, did a benchmark, it was running smoothly, so I continued playing. 10 minutes later we're back to poor framerates. This is already with the latest Nvidia GPU drivers. Here are some benchmarks I took:

View attachment 1292718
View attachment 1292719

You are running out of vram, and causing stuttering.
Try mY settings. You will still have gpu overhead, so you still bump a few things up that do not increase vram in the advanced graphics options

1696503274702.png

Maybe watch this::

Last edited:

View attachment 1292718
View attachment 1292719

It looks like you're running out of video memory.

I still feel like it's far too early for me to weigh in with a definitive verdict, especially since I haven't experienced enough of the actual career mode or its AI hijinx, and I haven't run into the same graphics woes as a lot of people here despite having a mid-at-best rig (though I have seen some big framerate problems with career-mode cutscenes and have crashed to desktop a couple times, enough to be concerning). Crucially, I haven't had much time behind the wheel on my Logitech in anything besides Assetto Corsa, so I don't know how good or lacking the feel is just yet compared to most other sims, especially the "hardcore" ones. (I feel pretty confident driving with a wheel in Assetto, but never could get the hang of all the settings and granular tuning refinements needed to make Assetto Corsa Competizione or Automobilista 2 feel as user-friendly to my still-learning self.)

But I will say this: after playing all of my previous Forza games on controller, I feel pretty optimistic that this will finally be the one that gets me fully enjoying them as a wheel experience. I spent a bunch of laps doing the same thing that got me accustomed to racing with a wheel in Assetto, taking a BMW M3 E30 around Mugello, and found that while I could probably stand to spend more time figuring out how to really push the limit without exceeding it, it did seem like any mistake that happened was more on me than some shortcomings in the physics. I'm still sloppy enough that notching a clean lap was still trickier than I'd hoped, but it seems a bit easier for me to figure out what I'm doing wrong. And while the nuances between cars might still seem a bit beyond me at this limited level of experience, I do like that switching from the M3 to a Jaguar E-type did feel at least a bit like a noticeable contrast: both cars are RWD cars from a pre-electronics era and are fairly comparable in terms of power/weight ratio, and the game put them in the same PI class, but there was something about the E-type that felt both a bit heavier and a bit more poised. If I want to figure out if this is legit or just a placebo effect I'll probably need to do a lot more compare-and-contrast testing and wheel practice, but since that seems like one of the things this CarPG system seems hellbent on encouraging, I like that I can actually be rewarded for it even in free play test drives.

I'm sure there will be further disappointments and nagging annoyances and why haven't they done this yet shortcomings that'll get on my nerves with time (I can already tell that the total stagnation of the livery editor is a huge letdown), but if the core experience of driving a fast car around a technical circuit stays this fun for me, I'll find a way to cope.

This is not a review,just my musings,on series x and ive had an hour or so just`messing`around,free play,photo mode etc.Its not got the graphic wow that GT7 has,especially in photo mode,but I thoroughly enjoyed my short time so far.On controller it feels more planted than FM7,im not going to compare it with GT7 because I feel that is personal opinion,the cars feel heavier so all good with me.I especially like the upgrade system.
What does eveyone play on graphics settings wise?Ive only tried performance but all the tracks seem to have a washed out effect,maybe once ive tried a different setting they wil look a little better?Anyway,im happy with my purchase,i feel for the people who are having problems with the pc version and hope they manage to get it sorted. 👍

Yeah, I heard someone here mentioned that yesterday. I think the remodeled 22B was done years ago before FM7 came out. Not to sure where I heard that from. But as mentioned before, I am not against models getting redone, and seeing the 22B in its modern form is fantastic!

It at least displays that they are semi-aware of old model issues. I still like to think it's just a matter of getting access and getting fresh, new reference pictures/scans.

A commentor on Reddit had interesting theory that Pixel Mafia whom T10 partnered with back in January, is based in Milan and will hopefully be the ones doing new & old remodels for the game.

Yes all same brand and connected thru the wheel works on all other games,seems to be nowhere to map the gears,there’s no problem on forza 7 or horizon 5
On the PC version, that mapping (10 gears plus reverse) is in the "Input" section of the settings, right below the clutch. Can't speak directly to the XBox version.

I tried the optimized mid-range settings with RT enabled and DLSS on Quality, and it looked good and was stable at 65-70fps. However there's a lot of shimmer and the image feels somehow not quite smooth.

So I left these settings, disabled both RT and DLSS. So now my PC is drawing the full resolution but RT is disabled. Frame rates went up and more importantly the image now feels very smooth. I barely notice RT under gameplay.

So yeah, for people on PC suffering from lack of smoothness despite high enough frame rates, try turning off DLSS and RT and see how it feels.

Thank you. I will try the mid-range/low CPU as I have a RX 6650XT/Core i3 12100F. I should note that when launching the game, I get a notice warning me of an unsupported CPU (bloodcurdling, actually).
However, the game does launch and runs well at high default settings, between 70-80 fps on average @ 1080p resolution. I had only one crash in the car selection screen, otherwise, all good. I did notice that video memory at high settings on my card (8 GB) is at the limit.

I will apply the recommended settings from the chart and report back.

Something interesting in License Credits.
There is some new brands, teams and cars not present ATM in Forza Motorsport.
Czinger, Elemental Cars, Felino, Lucid Motors, Gordon Murray Automotive, McMutry, KEOracing Aps (LMP2/LMP3 Dallara?), Ligier, Risi Competizione (488 EVO?) and Heart of Racing (V8 Vantage GTE/GT3 '19-22?) Plus some references for cars maybe from FH5, since they say Sierra Cars, Cupra and others.

Last edited:
Played for a couple hours last night, on Steam with a T150 wheel and T3PA pedal set. Did the Benchmark but the game selected Medium settings for me, so had some fuzzy items in the background in places. Seems like my Desktop with 32 GB RAM and 8 GB Video Card should be able to handle more. Plus side is that the game was very smooth and stable.

Did the intro Builders Cup, then bought my car (or at least close enough to it, my real-life CTS is AWD with a Turbo 4) and took it on a custom race at Road America. Only adjustment I've made for wheel settings was turning up the FFB to 150%. It's not AC or ACC quality but felt like a big step up from FH5. I've really enjoyed the racing against the AI so far. The opponent cars are definitely NASCAR levels of stupidly overaggressive on race starts, I've found starting around 4th-7th with AI level 5 to be best for me so far. Allows me to avoid the worst of the starting melee, and then I've really had fun with the battles I have had for the Top 5 positions.

So far, very much happy with the game. If I had to give a score right now, solid 9/10.

Last edited:
It at least displays that they are semi-aware of old model issues. I still like to think it's just a matter of getting access and getting fresh, new reference pictures/scans.
True. Unfortunately I started the bugfest thread and I noticed there's more alarming regressions at play. Notably the FPV GT-F which has the body-colored front lip.

The Forza GT series has been abysmal though. I'm 4.8k/S for ratings, and the 6 or so races I did were all a disaster with people divebombing and running people out wide on the first lap of the race instead of settling in. People clearly are not worried about their safety rating in those lobbies, and I don't yet know how lenient the system is before it boots you down a rank.

I was playing turing cars and the races there were fun, just the fact that the cars doesnt have the same level of PI is annoying me but exepct than that its really fun to race with, I only suffered only one dive bomb during the turing car and mostly was beacuse i used the break before the normal

Beacuse console (so far) has been very optimized, almost no problems AT ALL (at least with me)

Guessing no NASCAR in FM then?
Unless Xbox does a parternship with iRacing, yea its unlikely
It is the worst scenario actually, i HATE iRacing ways to profit itself with all my might
Czinger, Elemental Cars, Felino, Lucid Motors, Gordon Murray Automotive, McMutry, KEOracing Aps (LMP2/LMP3 Dallara?), Ligier, Risi Competizione (488 EVO?) and Heart of Racing (V8 Vantage GTE/GT3 '19-22?) Plus some references for cars maybe from FH5, since they say Sierra Cars, Cupra and others.
Any thing to NASCAR?
Also i guess they were planning to put that Gordon Murray that won Goodwood last year but maybe the car was too fast to be in the game lol

I wonder what cars will show up in car pass tho

Still haven't driven outside of the initial opening.

Instead I've been spending all day importing and sharing my liveries and vinyl groups.

To that effect, I have also added a new section to my liveries page, detailing exactly what games each design is/was downloadable in.

There are just over 50 designs in Forza Motorsport, from the 99 I have created so far. There's also 400 vinyl groups, find them all by searching my Gamertag (PJTierney) or putting PJT in the description field.

Anyway, here's liveries for 2 of the starter cars. I might do one for the WRX as well.

1696531223995.png

1696531247684.png

I was playing turing cars and the races there were fun, just the fact that the cars doesnt have the same level of PI is annoying me but exepct than that its really fun to race with, I only suffered only one dive bomb during the turing car and mostly was beacuse i used the break before the normal

Beacuse console (so far) has been very optimized, almost no problems AT ALL (at least with me)

Unless Xbox does a parternship with iRacing, yea its unlikely
It is the worst scenario actually, i HATE iRacing ways to profit itself with all my might

Any thing to NASCAR?
Also i guess they were planning to put that Gordon Murray that won Goodwood last year but maybe the car was too fast to be in the game lol

I wonder what cars will show up in car pass tho
No Nascar references as I know, too bad :-/

Latest Posts

Back