Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
On the PC version, that mapping (10 gears plus reverse) is in the "Input" section of the settings, right below the clutch. Can't speak directly to the XBox version.

I saw a video from someone having the same problem,updated driver and firmware on wheelbase and wheels and working perfectly now, thanks for replying

I didn't get a message that way, I got a pop up on screen saying the car had been delivered to my garage. There are lots of messages like that when you first load up though.
To check if you have the car, go to my cars and look under VW for 2018 VW #22 Experian Racing Golf GTi which is this week's car.
If it is in "My Cars" you already have it. If it's not I'm sure you'll get a pop up message delivering it to your garage eventually 👍
Hope that helps.
Got it, turns out I already had that car, I just figured it was one of the Car Pass cars. :cheers:

ok, so the pit entry assist only matters if you are using assisted steering which of course I am not. I thought maybe it would be a like a pit limiter but no need for that since it takes away control once you enter the pit lane.

Have well over a hundred hours into FM7.

I don't see like that as all. I also know it's been explained by Digital Foundry why much of the game is lacking content.
I'm in a similar boat with well over 100 hours in FM7, having fully completed the single player campaign (all approx. 390 races of it). And since I've raced hundreds of races in the last months I have a very good memory of FM7's good and bad bits.

To me the driving feel with a controller is significantly different. Even just the amount of stick deflection you need to use is obviously using FH5 as the basis, not FM7 (which is awesome).

Cars behave MUCH better over curbs such that I've gone from avoiding all curbs out of necessity in FM7 to using them on most circuits to get the ideal line. And the horrible mid corner lift off oversteer I used to hate has gone too. Forza glue is also mostly gone, although you can still stick to other cars a bit. Also that feeling in FM7 road cars that you sometimes couldn't aim the car very accurately (not as a result of understeer, just somehow lack of precision in road cars compared to race cars) has been thoroughly cleaned up and is now much more what I'd expect.

As a result all these small changes add up to something pretty revolutionary, and elevate FM2023 to by far the most comfortable track racer to use with your console controller. I can go as far as to say that I will probably never play FM7 again because of the enormous difference in driving feel (much much bigger than FH3->FH4->FH5 was).

i tried a wet race and there seems to be no windshield wiper activation in this game? both the 992 carrera and golf r on road america in heavy rain, no windshield wipers in driver or cockpit view? please tell me I am missing something

i tried a wet race and there seems to be no windshield wiper activation in this game? both the 992 carrera and golf r on road america in heavy rain, no windshield wipers in driver or cockpit view? please tell me I am missing something
I've had working windscreen wipers in the Driver view every time I've been in the wet, on 3-4 different cars.

Its a bug on some cars and tracks it works on some they don't. There are too much bugs in this early acces, i hope day 1 patch fixes most issues.

ok interesting. i tried a few more tracks, rainstorm and thunderstorm, night and day no wipers on any car, but good to hear it is a problem or bug on my end

Why is there no motion blur in the cockpit view?
Possibly a bug? Motion blur doesn't seem to work through car windows from from the outside either, as seen in the replay.

Source: IGN video from today and older Tech revamp video
35bc8d37578f4f29ac8cb4c8bf6a8271.jpg

Testing some more, it seems to be Test Drive mode specifically that the windshield wipers are not working, they work just fine if i set up a custom race with zero drivatars

I forgot to post this photo early today
The paint booth gives you a lighting option but it only only one now
I guess they will add more as time goes on

View attachment 1292800
There are many little things like this that make the game come across as incomplete in my opinion.

I don’t think “more time in the oven” would have helped either, at some point you gotta just get the game out the door and evolve it alongside the players (also, this is a packed release window so I doubt I row off would have tolerated pushing the game back further).

Still though, this does seem like the kind of game that will come together quite nicely after a year of patches and quality of life improvements (just like GRID Legends), and despite my concerns with a few things so far it’s launching in a better state than Forza Motorsport 7.

Last edited:
I don’t think “more time in the oven” would have helped either, at some point you gotta just get the game out the door and evolve it alongside the players.
I also agree with it, i would prefer it is already out and we can work with T10 with fixes and feedback
I just people dont just quit the game so much early at poiint Xbox dont let T10 work more on game and change the only focus to Horizon

The AI do some pretty nonsensical things, certainly room for improvement, but it's a drastic improvement over GT7, every race so far I've had with the AI has at least felt like a race, I never once felt that with the catch the leader races in GT7
I use Challenge The Grid a lot to match the performance of AI to my practice time so the rabbit chasing is less in evidence.

I know that at this point almost nobody cares about the FM critics, but this one from Polygon really got my attention

Here is the queote

Forza Motorsport is serious business. Put the time in, Turn 10 is saying; do your laps, shave off the seconds, make that one small tweak, grind out that win. I respect its focus, and its refusal to pander to fun-addled Horizon players, instead offering them a clearly articulated invitation to join its more austere church. This is a game about going round in circles, a little bit faster every time, and it’s quite unapologetic about it. That’s proven compelling enough to base an entire sport around, so perhaps that’s fair enough. But just a little more variety would have gone a long way.

Well, it appears I've finally reached the point where I really need to look into upgrading my computer (hoping for spring) as this game looks terrible compared to what I've seen from others. It runs fairly smooth though so maybe the key is just barely meeting the minimum requirements so it doesn't even try the fancy stuff. :lol:

Just wondering
Someone already has compilated or made a list of all new fantasy brands that are in the game?

I wanted add those to my sugestion to add those brands as stickers for the game, but cant find not many talks about it

Another weird glitch to report, not sure if anyone’s seen it yet - putting a roll cage into the 2021 Golf R turns it into a convertible on the inside 🤔 forgot to get a screenshot.

Golf Touring car is already a Pay to Win car for Online MP 😂

Also, I can Follow Creator in Find Designs, but I can't actually go to see their content? What.

Last edited:
Just played for about 6 hours and I'm extremely happy with the game. Super fun and the car upgrade system doesn't seem to bother me that much. Most importantly, with my triple 1440p monitors running 7680 x 1440, this is by far the most stable Forza game I've played on PC ever. Ran tons of benchmarks to see where I need to set everything and haven't had any frame dips. Since I'm capped at 60 in multiplayer, I just set everything as high as I could to get a stable 70-80 fps unlocked, then capped the game at 60. No crashes, freezes or any major issues I've encountered yet in the 6 hours I've played. My Fanatec DD1 feels amazing compared to FM7, so they made some very positive changes in this game. RWD stock cars feel a little rubbery, but after some tires and a diff upgrade, it feels great. FWD cars for me feel perfect after some minor settings changes in the game. I was able to hold a steady 30fps with everything maxed out, RT full and 200% scaling.

Attachments

• 100 percent 60Hz.png
    100 percent 60Hz.png
    200.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 100 percent RT Off.png
    100 percent RT Off.png
    204.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 100 percent Unlocked.png
    100 percent Unlocked.png
    200.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 150 percent 60Hz.png
    150 percent 60Hz.png
    197.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 200 percent 60Hz.png
    200 percent 60Hz.png
    169.2 KB · Views: 10
So regardless if you have a top highend 4090 system or 7900XTX
It appears that this is the most demanding "Racing Title" to run on PC

How long before we see the latest "Frame Generation" technologies being used on each brand with future drivers/updates?
These are needed to let people be able to mange VSNYC with 120Hz or a good bit higher on suitable monitors.

Heres what it did for FH5

AMD Fluid Motion Frames
Nvidia DLSS3.5

Last edited:
Still haven't driven outside of the initial opening.

Instead I've been spending all day importing and sharing my liveries and vinyl groups.

To that effect, I have also added a new section to my liveries page, detailing exactly what games each design is/was downloadable in.

There are just over 50 designs in Forza Motorsport, from the 99 I have created so far. There's also 400 vinyl groups, find them all by searching my Gamertag (PJTierney) or putting PJT in the description field.

Anyway, here's liveries for 2 of the starter cars. I might do one for the WRX as well.

View attachment 1292759

View attachment 1292760
Darn, PJ

With that beautiful livery, you make me wish I selected the Mustang in Builders Cup

Can't wait to search your other ones

Latest Posts

Back