Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Spending a good deal of time with it and I genuinely love the improvements to the tire model; it's a night and day difference when compared to FM7.

There's a bit of a learning curve though, even for someone like me and I'm far from alien territory, let alone how fast I was when I was in my 20's. It's not a steep learning curve but there is one and it's chiefly you trying to break old (read: bad) habits. Correcting the car no longer results in snap oversteer, though I've noticed a few instances where I'll lose control of the car's rear and there's been no information relayed through the controller.

I'll readily admit that could be a me thing as I'm using a DS4 controller through DS4Windows. I'll try using the Dualsense through Steam and see if that improves anything. I've also yet to unfold the wheelstand and give the G27 a go and mess with settings there, so that's another facet to the game that I hope is improved. From everything I've heard, I'm not particularly enthusiastic when it comes to wheel feel.

Ive seen all the comments of people who are put off by the AI acting a little nutty

I actually love it. This is what I've always envisioned for a racing game.

Unlike GT7, when I pass a car (after a mighty struggle BTW) they sometimes haunt me for a lap or 2, or even longer, and if I make a single mistake they're taking that spot back. Sometimes they take it back even if I don't make a mistake.

I love the unpredictability of the AI and I love to see them sometimes go off track and I love to see them battle with each other and get nasty and trade paint.

It all balances out because I think it's a great racing game and there are enough other AI cars that race hard and take it seriously, so I don't mind a little hijinks

And, yes @Terronium, the new tire model and the new 19 different AI racing lines are clearly a bright spot

Last edited:
3 hours of looking for fixes (and posting my findings on the Bugfest thread). Nothing works.

Forza Motorsport as shipped to me - and apparently plenty of, if not most other Steam customers - flat out does not work. The furthest I go is compile shaders, infinitely spinning circle in the opening splash screen. Riveting, sincerely.

I'm gonna hang on to it and wait like the idiot I am. But don't do like me. Refund, refund, refund, stay away.

Last edited:
3 hours of looking for fixes (and posting my findings on the Bugfest thread). Nothing works.

Forza Motorsport as shipped to me - and apparently plenty of, if not most other Steam customers - flat out does not work. The furthest I go is compile shaders, infinitely spinning circle in the opening splash screen. Riveting, sincerely.

I'm gonna hang on to it and wait like the idiot I am. But don't do like me. Refund, refund, refund, stay away.
That's too bad. Working fine for me on Steam.
Other than the crazy performance issues. They really need to patch this. Optimize or do whatever but it shouldn't be this bad. I get 100 FPS in ACC. 100 FPS in AMS2. Those are with settings maxed.
I have ray tracing turned off and fiddling with turning down some settings here and there and I can't even get to 60 FPS in this most of the time. Something's wrong. There isn't that much going on new in track detail or car detail to warrant this performance. I was getting 120 FPS capped in FM7.

We're right back to FH5's Steam launch. It was either flawless or a nightmare. I was on the flawless side of things in 2021. Today it's the nightmare. Really not having good luck with new releases lately.

I have spent most of the time with the Series X in Performance RT mode because why not? I haven't noticed any dropped frame or stuttering, and some races, like Miami Homestead at dusk look quite striking.

For AI difficulty I have settled at 5 and see no issues there: starts and the first corner are clean, cars will bunch and then spread more organically than in the past, it's just the leaders that distance themselves and still behave like rabbits.

On the PC I will wait until the Radeon drivers become available and maybe that weird notice about my CPU not being supported goes away.

Handling on the pad has been a marked improvement, as cars feel with more substance to them. It does beat PC3 on that regard easily.

Lastly, they should add a saturation setting like in FH5. It's not like it looks washed out (step outside at noon and see how washed-out reality is!), but I don't want to raise my TV's colors just for this game.

What is with all the noise when ray tracing is on? I noticed this in GT7 as well, which is what made me more or less permanently turn it off. I'm obviously not a developer (who would have guessed? :lol: ) but is the FidelityFX Denoiser not efficient enough? I know there's no ML (machine learning) algorithm but it just looks...especially bad when you're paying attention to it.

Higher resolutions doesn't to resolve the issue either. Something of a first-world issue, especially considering majority of those that will read this won't have the foggiest clue what I'm on about. :lol:

We're right back to FH5's Steam launch. It was either flawless or a nightmare. I was on the flawless side of things in 2021. Today it's the nightmare. Really not having good luck with new releases lately.
I think it depends from what you are playing the game from
It seems most of issues is from PC, Xbox seems fine at least i had saw no problems from Xbox users

What is with all the noise when ray tracing is on? I noticed this in GT7 as well, which is what made me more or less permanently turn it off. I'm obviously not a developer (who would have guessed? :lol: ) but is the FidelityFX Denoiser not efficient enough? I know there's no ML (machine learning) algorithm but it just looks...especially bad when you're paying attention to it.

Higher resolutions doesn't to resolve the issue either. Something of a first-world issue, especially considering majority of those that will read this won't have the foggiest clue what I'm on about. :lol:
Same as with upscaling where you're always balancing flickering and ghosting, with denoising you're balancing noise and smearing. Outside of solutions like DLSS 3.5 the only real alternative for improving both is more ray samples.

If with RTAO set to ultra and at a high internal resolution you're still seeing noise then that's that really. Maybe they'll implement DLSS 3.5 eventually.

sqd
I'm sure I missed more than one thing, so let me know..
  • They removed manually organizing the grid in private multiplayer
  • Still no way to pass off host duty in a private lobby (Horizon has had this since FH3)
  • Still no option to rent the host's car in private lobbies (again, Horizon has had this since FH3)
  • Timed races still just finishing awkwardly mid-corner instead of racing back to the line like a real race
  • Can no longer set FRR to only work for collisions or track cutting, it only works for both
  • Can no longer manually configure weather transitions
  • Paint shop lost different lighting selections (but still has button for them)
  • Many tracks lost layout variants that are still perfectly intact and could be used just by repositioning some cones

Some other QoL things we could use:
  • Featured multiplayer has a tire wear multiplier turned on, but players can't use this in single player or private lobbies
  • No way to limit tire compounds available, force tire compound changes, or force starting fuel loads in multiplayer
One QoL feature they did add though, finished cars are finally ghosted! You can finally run multiclass races normally without having to worry about finished cars slamming into you while you are in the lower class trying to finish your race.

Found another glitch too. Electric and seemingly hybrid cars as well both don't calculate laps in the "Fuel & Tire" section properly. 100% tank or 10% tank, they all predict "0 laps" and when the race starts, the prediction down by the fuel gauge just says "EST" and then nothing.

Annoying that steering mode Normal / Simulation isn’t platform independent.
I want Normal on Series X since I use controller and Simulation on PC since game on my simrig.

Now you constantly have to change this setting.

FORZA MOTORSPORT
Snack with DORITOS, MTN DEW, and ROCKSTAR: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

• Beginning October 9 through December 29 - 2023
  • Each product contains a code that, when registered and entered at:
http://doritosdewrockstar.com ( unlocks access to exclusive downloadable content (DLC), contest entries, and more )

LINK
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/10/05/snack-with-doritos-mtn-dew-and-rockstar-gaming-rewards/

Do you have any more code left for the Forza " Magma Racing Suit " and " Corvette Stingray 2023 Starfield " and send it to me (INBOX) ?

• Rockstar Energy Drink: Corvette Stingray 2023 Starfield
  • Forza Motorsport “Magma Racing Suit”

email: betinho_gavazzi@hotmail.com
thanks

PS.: In my country (BRAZIL) there are never these promotions

Attachments

• _PROMOÇÃO-DORITOS1.jpg
    _PROMOÇÃO-DORITOS1.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 14
  • _PROMOÇÃO-DORITOS2.jpg
    _PROMOÇÃO-DORITOS2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 14
  • _PROMOÇÃO-DORITOS3.jpg
    _PROMOÇÃO-DORITOS3.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 12
  • _PROMOÇÃO-DORITOS4.jpg
    _PROMOÇÃO-DORITOS4.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 13
  • PROMOÇÃO DORITOS.png
    PROMOÇÃO DORITOS.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 13
Feel free to post how to do it.
I had found some customization options in Free Play>Advanced
There had a option called dynamic track rubber, i dont know if just affects the grip or if it also afffects the tire demage this why i said that was not 100% sure, but almost

I had found some customization options in Free Play>Advanced
There had a option called dynamic track rubber, i dont know if just affects the grip or if it also afffects the tire demage this why i said that was not 100% sure, but almost
Nope, all that affects is whether the track's rubber level changes throughout the race.

The only real niggle ive had with the game to start with was the abs setting option.I set it to run abs on and it continually didnt work,every corner the wheels were locking up.I went back and set it to abs off,back out,then set it to abs on and it finally works as it should,just a small bug that ive encountered but overall everything seems ok.
Regarding free play,there is only a certain selection of cars available,is this right or am i missing an option somewhere?
Also,setting the graphics to performance rt or performance,what do most people use?To me the cars look more detailed slightly in performance mode as opposed to perf RT,but that may be my eyes.lol

Last edited:
What does environmental volume slider even do? I muted everything except that one and had zero sound. Turned my TV to the max and heard absolutely nothing

Latest Posts

Back