Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Having spent a good few hours in the game now I am having a blast with it, got it running pretty sweet after a few benchmark adjustments and averaging about 75-80 fps which is more than enough and it looks really pretty too ;

specs:
RTX 4070
Ryzen 7 3700 CPU
32 go Ram
2Tb SSD

it“s been 3 years since I last used a wheel and yeah, it is a good as I remember it used to be when I had a PS4..

multiplayer is still as chaotic as it’s ever been and the amount of times I’ve been knocked off the track don’t bear thinking about🙈 Rivals is darn fun too and probably the mode I’ll be spending most of my time in, very encouraging now I have spent more time with it and excited to think it can only get better from here

Well, I tested the game a few hours, as a low-spec end pc player I'm kinda disappointed with the performance of the game, if someone is wondering my specs: 1650 super 4gb, R5 3600 and 16 GB ram.

It's nearly impossible to play over 60 fps in low, even if I play below my native resolution that isn't full hd lol, (1366x768), best results with native res are achieved with everything low or no, 60 fps limit, windowed and AMD FSR 2.0 set at balanced ~ performance is literally potato mode, results are even worse if you don't use FSR...Is kinda sad cause Horizon 5 runs smooth on high with some tweaks being and open world, hope this helps someone.
Just an update on this, the game now runs smooth in medium, un-capped FPS, everything in low or no minus car texture on low/medium and I get between 55-60 Fps at 1366x768, even with rainy conditions and full grid.

Been testing a bit and fps drops depend more on the circuit you are running, hopefully a patch and optimization for nvidia cards wil come shortly.

Now I just have to test if drivehub suports my G25 on SX.

Please do
Can you make one based on the one they used this year in Nurburgring 24?
No promises, but I was thinking the ARA rally livery instead.

In any case I'm not doing any painting right now, the UX is astoundingly troublesome at the moment.

@meganinja Did you see translation errors into Portuguese in some parts of the game? Like "Pneu mole", "Roda", "pneu Difícil" is funny
PGG and T10 translate always a mess, why they dont consut a language native?

I see some visual issues, light contrast is poor, for exemple old part on Laguna Seca, its difricult distinguish tarmac and sand

Now that my PC settings are sorted (fixed the lack of smoothness and poor antialiasing by turning off RT and DLSS) I am enjoying driving on the PC as much as on my Series X. They look very similar, too (I use Performance non-RT mode there).

I am hugely enjoying the actual driving with an Xbox controller. It's easier to be accurate when aiming the car than in FM7, curbs and bumps don't do stupid things to the car, and the required stick deflection when steering is pretty much identical to FH5 which I really love.

Yes, the AI is pretty bad (although inconsistent, sometimes it's fine other times it's stupid). And yes, there are various other problems. But the core gameplay of driving around a car using an Xbox controller is so much better than FM7. It's exactly what I wanted it to be, and I can guarantee I'll be playing this game for years.

Last edited:
Did some livery importing last night, about 50 of my designs carried over.

Also imported 400 vinyl groups but not shared them yet (it was 4am when I was doing it 😅).

I will say one thing though, Forza Motorsport’s livery editor is astoundingly slow and clunky to use, not to mention it’s capped at 30fps on Series X. I don’t see myself painting in this game at all until there’s some improvements.
Its terrible, probably we will continue painting o FH5 and import to Motorsport, but has a problem for some, theres sponsorshis absent, BFGoodrich. Mobil and others

Smug grin:
1696534911078.png

First impressions after completing the intro are OK.

Physics changes feel different enough that I may need to break out my wheel. Performance runs well enough on my RTX 2060 after tweaking a few settings.

AI seems all over the place with some races having a couple cars run away in front and slower in others.

CarXP progression system is going to get really annoying really fast every time I want to switch to a different car.

There's decent enough changes but there's nothing that sets the world on fire. It just feels like an uninspiring and safe soft reboot instead of a hard reboot with a more bold approach.

game seems to run decent enough on my pc, 5600x 3080ti. I used Digital Foundry PC review they have optimized settings for everything except livery and particle, I stuck those to high in line with most of the other settings and it gives 66fps in the benchmark and seems to stay above 60 most of the time, I miss 120fps fm7 but this is fine enough for now. Seems like this game will convince me to upgrade my CPU sooner than expected. Controller feels ok enough, later I will try on my G pro DD, logitech has some recommended settings on their page I will start there.

One thing I noticed is I painted my 992 Carrera S from the welcome pack but in the car list it still shows the default color, not sure if this is a bug like what happens in FH5 if the changes dont save properly or is it intended, since the car is painted if I view it or put in the car bay. I did some quick laps in test drive mode on lime rock and gained a level after 3 laps. I will take the fk8 type R through builders cup once I have the wheel set up.

6 years. 6 whole years...I don't get it
I still think this was originally developed years ago with the intention that it be released as FM8, but MS saw that FM7 was a fiasco and they just sat on it for a while and marketed it as a whole new thing, when anyone who's played a previous Forza game can tell that it is nothing more than some mild updates.

Where do we find the car pass section?
From the main menu go to Store.
Or if you mean where are the cars, they are bring released one per week and the first one was released today (you should have got an in game message about it).
I'm actually starting to think that THIS is the way to play the game. At least until the car is levelled up enough to get to the top of the PI range. As the AI matches your PI rating, there's actually no need to upgrade your car at all if you don't want to.
To me, this is so far probably the BEST new feature of the game.
I still think this was originally developed years ago with the intention that it be released as FM8, but MS saw that FM7 was a fiasco and they just sat on it for a while and marketed it as a whole new thing, when anyone who's played a previous Forza game can tell that it is nothing more than some mild updates.
I don't think it's that. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me that they worked on a game for 2/3 years after FM7 and then scrapped it totally when they realised the physics didn't work. I.E they have said they built from the ground up because the physics were incompatible. But they don't say how far along they were when they decided to do that. What if there was already 1/2 or 2/3 of a game completed and close to being announced 🤔

From reading all of the impressions here and elsewhere, I'm glad I didn't fork out the extra for the premium add-ons bundle

Seeing that big list of QoL stuff missing from FH4/FH5, definitely reaffirms that, for me at least.

I couldn't help but think it could have used another 6 months in the oven but of course such is modern gaming, release a game in a underbaked state and let "live service" get it to a point where it's actually in a decent state.

And I'm sure T10 will make significant improvements to the game - much like FM7 got better over time. Doesn't make it any less excusable, though.

How does the racing compare to GT7? It's pretty evident that GT7 looks better, but that's not a deal breaker to me at all. I grew tired of GT7 due to the fact it never felt like the AI was anything other than a rolling roadblock. Once you pass an AI driver, you leave him in the dust. I admittedly get my racing fix from ACC, but now that I have an Xbox I'm excited for my first Forza in nearly a decade. Just curious if the racing/driving feels fun and competitive? I also seem to remember Forza having worlds better sounds than GT.

How does the racing compare to GT7? It's pretty evident that GT7 looks better, but that's not a deal breaker to me at all. I grew tired of GT7 due to the fact it never felt like the AI was anything other than a rolling roadblock. Once you pass an AI driver, you leave him in the dust. I admittedly get my racing fix from ACC, but now that I have an Xbox I'm excited for my first Forza in nearly a decade. Just curious if the racing/driving feels fun and competitive? I also seem to remember Forza having worlds better sounds than GT.
I do not agree that GT7 looks better or that is it "pretty evident".

I do not agree that GT7 looks better or that is it "pretty evident".
I haven't played Forza yet, so my opinion could absolutely change. Probably the wrong call on my end for making this assumption already. I just like the GT art style you could say. But I'm 100% open minded for Forza.

The AI do some pretty nonsensical things, certainly room for improvement, but it's a drastic improvement over GT7, every race so far I've had with the AI has at least felt like a race, I never once felt that with the catch the leader races in GT7

I have to say I am mostly happy with the results of using the wheel in this game, biggest complaint would be lack of feel from the curbs, you hear them much more than feel them. Other thing I noticed is the FOV sliders dont seem to have much effect at least in driver cam view, if you can/cant see the mirrors that seems to be that, no drastic change from the sliders unless I am doing something wrong. EDIT: i was wrong, forgot to switch custom camera FOV to on, it does make noticable difference.

Generally I agree with most of the assessment I have seen online, this does feel and look better than FM7 but it does not feel like 6 years worth of work, or a rebuilt from the ground up experience.

Last edited:
Still on the look out for t300 settings on PC.

At the moment, I'm just getting understeer from most of the cars, which is really killing the enjoyment. So the front tyres are usually yellow/orange to indicate they are overloaded.

Plus, if the rears are overwhelmed, 99% of the time I can't regain control...

And the physics on kerbs is really strange. Some of them have really low grip and you'll instantly spin out.

Hoping that better wheel settings will help, or if it's an inherent issue with the base setup the cars have. Could be a skill issue, but I'm fairly quick on AI settings 6, it's just I'm driving around the handling issues...

Have well over a hundred hours into FM7.

I don't see like that as all. I also know it's been explained by Digital Foundry why much of the game is lacking content.

Welp. Stuck on the spinny circle after the game is done compiling shaders. No main menu, no option to log in on my Microsoft account. Just the very nice title screen music I suppose.

Guess it was true what they said about Steam players getting shafted. Average AAA release on day 1 moment. I'm not even surprised at this point, just kind of going, "Oh. This kinda sucks."

From the main menu go to Store.
Or if you mean where are the cars, they are bring released one per week and the first one was released today (you should have got an in game message about it).

I'm actually starting to think that THIS is the way to play the game. At least until the car is levelled up enough to get to the top of the PI range. As the AI matches your PI rating, there's actually no need to upgrade your car at all if you don't want to.
To me, this is so far probably the BEST new feature of the game.

I don't think it's that. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me that they worked on a game for 2/3 years after FM7 and then scrapped it totally when they realised the physics didn't work. I.E they have said they built from the ground up because the physics were incompatible. But they don't say how far along they were when they decided to do that. What if there was already 1/2 or 2/3 of a game completed and close to being announced 🤔
I checked my messages and they are empty
85HmV0m.png

Do i just wait and see if it shows up later? This is after rebooting the game aswell.

Vipers? In the Wet?? At Night??? In the first week of a game that's trying to clean up its MP????
Either T10 don't know what they're doing or there's some serious method behind their madness.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Finally got an S ranking, so hopefully no more clowns - although my race was ruined after my Spoon teammate glitched in front of me at the start of the race. :(

Last edited:
  • From what i noticied from the paintbooht, it will be updated, it had a window that showed some lighting options, but so far had only a option, showing that maybe they will put other options in near future very soon...
I forgot to post this photo early today
The paint booth gives you a lighting option but it only only one now
I guess they will add more as time goes on

1696543591712.png

Attachments

• 1696543569546.png
    1696543569546.png
    94 KB · Views: 9
has anyone figured out what pit assist is supposed to do? I tried activating it while doing hot laps on kyalami and all it seemed to do was make my throttle stick and punt me into a wall near the pit entrance...

I checked my messages and they are empty
85HmV0m.png

Do i just wait and see if it shows up later? This is after rebooting the game aswell.
I didn't get a message that way, I got a pop up on screen saying the car had been delivered to my garage. There are lots of messages like that when you first load up though.
To check if you have the car, go to my cars and look under VW for 2018 VW #22 Experian Racing Golf GTi which is this week's car.
If it is in "My Cars" you already have it. If it's not I'm sure you'll get a pop up message delivering it to your garage eventually 👍
Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Back